Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nasu contradicts himself more or less constantly in interviews though so his fanbase has been in an endless cycle of powerlevel debate for like 10 years. Araki sometimes messes up too but since Jojo doesn't even remotely rely on powerlevels(besides Requiems I guess but he got around that with the fight being "who gets Requiem first" more than anything) he can get away with it way easier and make it super interesting in the process.

I think what keeps S&W above GE is that it's way more consistent and "grounded" in it's use. Like, Josuke wins a fight with the sound of a refrigerator door. It just feels more clever and earned than "suddenly I win" even if it's kinda the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The Nasuverse doesn't remotely rely on powerlevels either, but that hasn't stopped the fanbase.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

MonsieurChoc posted:

ORT is a jrpg hidden superboss harder than the final boss and I love it for it.

is he harder than lucifer from smt3?

also, wtf is nasu

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Yinlock posted:

Nasu contradicts himself more or less constantly in interviews though so his fanbase has been in an endless cycle of powerlevel debate for like 10 years. Araki sometimes messes up too but since Jojo doesn't even remotely rely on powerlevels(besides Requiems I guess but he got around that with the fight being "who gets Requiem first" more than anything) he can get away with it way easier and make it super interesting in the process.

I think what keeps S&W above GE is that it's way more consistent and "grounded" in it's use. Like, Josuke wins a fight with the sound of a refrigerator door. It just feels more clever and earned than "suddenly I win" even if it's kinda the same thing.

aren't requiem stands really likely to gain sentience and poo poo on their users though? that's not nearly as much a straight power-level boost than poo poo like ssj

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Condiv posted:

aren't requiem stands really likely to gain sentience and poo poo on their users though? that's not nearly as much a straight power-level boost than poo poo like ssj

to be faIr there's really not enough examples to go off of. GER was fine and Chariot Requiem might have been the same if Polnareff didn't, y'know, die right after it appeared. It was a concept that got dropped real quick, which seems to be Part 5's Thing, for better and worse.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 11:14 on May 2, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Yinlock posted:

to be faIr there's really not enough examples to go off of. GER was fine and Chariot Requiem might have been the same if Polnareff didn't, y'know, die right after it appeared. It was a concept that got dropped real quick, which seems to be Part 5's Thing, for better and worse.

i thought polnereff is a turte, not dead

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

It's both, kind of?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
His body died, and that separated his stand, soul, and body into 3 pieces for whatever reason, so Polnareff got put into coco jumbo's body, coco jumbo's spirit got put presumably in polnareff's body, and silver chariot requiem went batshit without polnareff directly commanding it so it went on autopilot to protect the arrow.

After the souls switched back, coco jumbo got back to the turtle body, and polnareff's soul decided to chill out in mr president while his stand did whatever.

I think the reason his stand and his soul were no longer tied together was "because it's a requiem stand" and also probably "because it's cool"

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Unless the Stands kiss, I'm not interested pal

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Why is Kira at a Stand-party? Not that I'm complaining, but...

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Designated Driver.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Isnt that Oasis in the bottom right?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Naerasa posted:

Why is Kira at a Stand-party? Not that I'm complaining, but...
He was Killer Queen's date but she started hooking up with The World so he's leaving but you can see she's having second thoughts.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zeruel posted:

Isnt that Oasis in the bottom right?

He's that one white person you know who keeps claiming to be cherokee or whatever because their great great great grandma's cousin was married to someone who was the grandchild of a person who claimed to be cherokee, so he always goes around trying to show off to everybody how multicultured he is

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
That's where stands go when they aren't summoned

Star Platinum's Bizzare Adventure is the wacky office misadventures of Star Platinum as he tries to get the promotion in time for his kid's birthday party, while occasionally being made to punch an orangutan

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Trish really likes Mista but Spice Girl is all about the Sticky Fingers

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

JoJo A-GoGo or whatever is one of the last big purchases for jjba that I have yet to make and every time I see a random page, I wonder why I'm stalling cuz that art is so very Me.

Crazy Diamond Sexy Record Pose

Anyway, Silver Chariot Requiem is an awesome Stand and I started typing reasons why maybe it's automatic I dunno but then realized it doesn't matter: it's just great on its own. It exists to just look neat on the page and maybe function as an exaggerated representation of Polnareff's resolve and single-mindedness.

My extreme enthusiasm about it is apparently the reason I got one friend onboard with JoJo. Evidently, my tendency to be completely loving annoying pays dividends from time to time.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

My favourite part is Echoes fleeing from Aerosmith's advances

Like how would that even work

Maybe should've also thrown in Manhattan Transfer or something to make the weirdest aerial love-triangle

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

IT's me, I';m the stand car

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I really want to see Jojo A Go Go animated, especially the giant dance special going in reverse chronological order and at the very end of the book is a giant poster of Jolyne, possibly the first public apperence.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Yinlock posted:

The evidence we have suggests that Chariot Requiem wouldn't have turned out any better even if Diavolo hadn't killed him while it was forming. Polanreff is just too weak to control a Requiem stand by now, and he says as much. You can see him losing control of it back in the farmhouse during his flashback, and he's very much alive at that point. That's why he was trying to pass the arrow off to Giorno, instead of just using his own Requiem to kill Diavolo. The difference between GE Requiem and Chariot Requiem is the fact that Polnareff has been dismembered with extreme prejudice and Giorno hasn't*.

*Not permanently, at least

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

My favorite thing about getting my stuff from Japan shipped to my office is subjecting my co-workers to weird JoJo poo poo and today did not disappoint: my co-worker stared at my new sas in utter disbelief and horror before finally saying "there's a character named soft and wet?"

He's not speaking to me otherwise right now

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I want to see the alt continuity where Kakyoin and Polnareff turn into gross flesh bud monsters

Would Hamon have any effect on Papa Nijimura

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Putting ham on him would probably have no effect on him

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Raserys posted:

I want to see the alt continuity where Kakyoin and Polnareff turn into gross flesh bud monsters

Would Hamon have any effect on Papa Nijimura

Methinks placing the breakfast meat of HAM upon him would have no effect... :troll: :troll: :troll. Edit beaten.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Why doesn't Yasuho have a figure yet?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Why doesn't Yasuho have a figure yet?

Gappy seems to like her figure just fine.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

I still can't get over Crazy D pulling a Tarzan in the background.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I just realized that the vine is Hermit Purple.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Waffleman_ posted:

It's probably also derived from the American greaser stereotype. You'll often see the Japanese delinquent style called Yankee.

Crossposting to avoid spoilers :v:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The best bit about that is Yasuho copying to fit in :3:

Bestest girl

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Baal posted:

Putting ham on him would probably have no effect on him

no they will not posted:

Methinks placing the breakfast meat of HAM upon him would have no effect... :troll: :troll: :troll. Edit beaten.

:(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I made Part 1 because this would be a 40-something minute video otherwise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su8VUaVkYK4

Idk how long this is gonna stay not blocked on youtube so here's the backup

Controversial statements are made in this

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
"Joseph Joestar, who is everyone's favorite Joestar because they're all bad....and dumb" I Extremely Agree

e: "I'm trying to give you an experience" with a picture of David Cage got a big laugh outta me, nice one. This thread is me live reacting to JoJo videos now, welcome to it

e2: homie, you gotta stop these Discord notifications because they get me every time, you're 2/2

e3: holy poo poo, I hate Joseph in the dub. Like his voice is good and fitting and all respect to ben diskin, but it really reveals how much of a fucker Joseph is.

e4: what. the gently caress. is ceasar's dub voice

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 3, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I will watch Baal's video if and when he purchases Star Platinum Part 4 Super Action Statue and poses it like pucci_after.png

I refuse to until that time.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Moltrey posted:

e4: what. the gently caress. is ceasar's dub voice

Really really good.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Bryce Papenbrook's dumb Italian accent is great and I will hear no dissension. :colbert:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Really really good.
It's a really good dumb Italian voice but I dunno it feels really unfitting for Caesar to me. Like it sounds more like Zeppeli than this bubble man.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I will watch Baal's video if and when he purchases Star Platinum Part 4 Super Action Statue and poses it like pucci_after.png

I refuse to until that time.

This is less of a Mexican standoff than you seem to think it is

Moltrey posted:

e2: homie, you gotta stop these Discord notifications because they get me every time, you're 2/2

there's like five of them in there so clearly you didn't because I'm such a godlike audio mixer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Baal posted:

there's like five of them in there so clearly you didn't because I'm such a godlike audio mixer
I fell for it twice, right after each other and i felt like a real dingus. I was not fooled by the rest because I wised up you did better audio mixing