Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The curtains around Mottom getting soiled in juices from her god level pigging out is a nice detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

paragon1 posted:

The curtains around Mottom getting soiled in juices from her god level pigging out is a nice detail.

Ohhh. I thought that was blood from her outer flesh exploding off.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
motton pays her tailors pretty well

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
A pretty dress... a ball... a magical transformation...

Does this make Mottom Allison's fairy Demiurge-mother?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i'm now imagining mottom waking up and feeling gross and just yelling "SNUGGIE!" and they sew a blanket around her

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
...Hm. I wonder, why did they have to become children in order to go see her husband? Something about that seems off. And by "something" I mean "a lot of things". Edit: To sneak around in a form other than her true form and her "true" form, perhaps?

Wow, though, that is some impressive tailoring.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 3, 2016

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

I really did not see this coming. Mottom is in some ways entirely not what I was expecting.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Mottom just keeps rocketing up the character tier list and doesn't stop.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

wiegieman posted:

Bratty younger cousin who is still levitating a palace-city by sheer force of will.

Ugh, now Allison HAS to play ball with cousin Motty.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mottom's giving me a very Alice in Wonderland's Queen of Hearts vibe from these shenanigans, except instead of "OFF WITH HER HEAD", it's "BECOME A TREE".

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Mottom's giving me a very Alice in Wonderland's Queen of Hearts vibe from these shenanigans, except instead of "OFF WITH HER HEAD", it's "BECOME A TREE".

The sad thing is, Mottom is probably handling immortality way better than anyone in this thread would.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mazerunner posted:

i'm really pumped to see the other demiurges in detail too now

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

...Hm. I wonder, why did they have to become children in order to go see her husband? Something about that seems off. And by "something" I mean "a lot of things". Edit: To sneak around in a form other than her true form and her "true" form, perhaps?

Wow, though, that is some impressive tailoring.

Eternal life was put forward as a condition of the offer Mottom is going to make, and age regression seems to be a consequence of making that happen. Why do you assume it's necessary just to see Mottom's husband?

As an aside, I really hope all that molting skin just magically burns away or something, or their clothes are going to be full of papery epidermis and dead nails :gonk:

Mazerunner posted:

Was gonna say, the more screen time Mottom has, the more I like her. Being a self-aware monster is already enough to be interesting, and she just keeps piling on the style.

I have faith that the other demiurges are going to have their own flair as well, though.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
why is everything always so amazing

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
I just really enjoy that one of the (Gold mask!) demons just stands there continuing to dramatically swing that censer the whole time like that's their entire job.

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!

Allstone posted:

I just really enjoy that one of the (Gold mask!) demons just stands there continuing to dramatically swing that censer the whole time like that's their entire job.

It took a few devils before they realized that was precisely what they were supposed to do.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mottom looks like she's having the time of her life.

Like people have said before, I doubt it's often there are people she gets to interact with on this level.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Poltergrift posted:

A pretty dress... a ball... a magical transformation...

Does this make Mottom Allison's fairy Demiurge-mother?

Fairy Grandmottom

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Mottom is the most fun Demiurge there is. Usually.

Now is one of those times.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The demi urges are the worst possible sort of gods. Even existing in a universe with Lovecraftian deities would be preferable because at least they don't care and are beyond ego or morality. These jerks are like the Greek gods, except they're always on their worst behavior.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Roland Jones posted:

...Hm. I wonder, why did they have to become children in order to go see her husband? Something about that seems off. And by "something" I mean "a lot of things".

Particularly because, if I recall properly, he's dead.

Cathair posted:

As an aside, I really hope all that molting skin just magically burns away or something, or their clothes are going to be full of papery epidermis and dead nails :gonk:

Not with the devils constantly making them new outfits!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

A.o.D. posted:

The demi urges are the worst possible sort of gods. Even existing in a universe with Lovecraftian deities would be preferable because at least they don't care and are beyond ego or morality. These jerks are like the Greek gods, except they're always on their worst behavior.
You're giving the Greek gods way too much credit.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Comrade Gorbash posted:

You're giving the Greek gods way too much credit.

They weren't all bad, all the time.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I don't understand how this comic just continuously delivers over and over again without fail. From cutting apart the dying voice of God with a burning skeleton wheel to two good old gals going to a ball. May it never end.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

A.o.D. posted:

They weren't all bad, all the time.

I mean they pretty much were. They were colossal gently caress ups who took over from the people that actually did everything important, and then all they did was gently caress around and be paranoid about getting merked themselves. They are the shittiest pantheon in human history.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Boogaleeboo posted:

I mean they pretty much were. They were colossal gently caress ups who took over from the people that actually did everything important, and then all they did was gently caress around and be paranoid about getting merked themselves. They are the shittiest pantheon in human history.

I know right? :iia:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Someone once described Zeus and Hera as mythological Al and Peggy Bundy, and it fits so well that it's almost not funny.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Boogaleeboo posted:

Wait, the Greek Gods were Baby Boomers?!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
say what you want about Incubus, but at least he gave Allison a relatively cordial greeting instead of just showing up in the form of a white bull and going uhh, hey baby. this immediately makes him less of a sleaze than Zeus.

e. also the shittiest pantheon is probably one of those Slavic ones where you have to sacrifice to Tchernobog not because you like the guy or you need your crops to grow, but because he will loving get you if you dont.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 3, 2016

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Also Solomon David is pretty okay relatively.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Boogaleeboo posted:

Okay, they were mostly bad, but Prometheus (granted, a titan) shaped the clay of man, and Athena gave humans breath. Prometheus also gave man fire (and got royally hosed for it), and Athena gave man art, culture, craft, and olives. So basically, the greek gods were pretty poo poo, except for two of them that were pretty rad. Also, Hades totally got a bum rap.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Athena was alright, except for all those times she flew off the handle and turned someone into something lovely because they had the brazen audacity to think they were pretty good at something.

but, uh, i guess when you compare that to Artemis and Apollo murdering an entire family because the mother was just a little too proud of her sons, Athena is pretty level-headed

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
The fiction accompanying this gives me the impression that time wasn't exactly as linear as it is now in the time of the gods, hence why YISUN still shows up to say poo poo in these stories despite having killed himself to make all the gods in the first drat place.

Or these stories are all bullshit parables made up by a multiversal Aesop.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

The fiction accompanying this gives me the impression that time wasn't exactly as linear as it is now in the time of the gods, hence why YISUN still shows up to say poo poo in these stories despite having killed himself to make all the gods in the first drat place.

Or these stories are all bullshit parables made up by a multiversal Aesop.

It's the Kirkbride showing through the narrative.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

It's the Kirkbride showing through the narrative.

One time I got into an IRC chat with Kirkbride and he showed up drunk, called me IRC a human being like 8 times, talked about how Meridia and Kynareth were related (somehow), and then sent me a good book. True story.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

One time I got into an IRC chat with Kirkbride and he showed up drunk, called me IRC a human being like 8 times, talked about how Meridia and Kynareth were related (somehow), and then sent me a good book. True story.

I believe you.

Gladi
Oct 23, 2008

Boogaleeboo posted:

And maybe trying to distill the actual beliefs of disparate hellenic regions and peoples into a "canon" by the way of the most popular fairy tales is a very silly endeavour.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Gladi posted:

And maybe trying to distill the actual beliefs of disparate hellenic regions and peoples into a "canon" by the way of the most popular fairy tales is a very silly endeavour.

Worked for the Bible!

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Mottom is the most fun Demiurge there is. Usually.

Now is one of those times.

No, no, Gog-Agog is the most fun Demiurge there is. It's just that, unlike Gog-Agog, Mottom's fun times don't entirely intersect with her "everyone around me is screaming in abject horror" times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

No, no, Gog-Agog is the most fun Demiurge there is. It's just that, unlike Gog-Agog, Mottom's fun times don't entirely intersect with her "everyone around me is screaming in abject horror" times.

makeover time! ill get the wormssssssss