Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Just out of nowhere.

https://www.gog.com/game/vampire_the_masquerade_bloodlines

:D

E: Oh wait, this was two days ago. Didn't see it for all the sales

Captain Scandinaiva fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Apr 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You're a couple days late on that, it turned up with the start of the bundle sales. But it's drat good to see it there :allears:.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm really surprised they never put Warcraft I or II up on Battle.Net considering Diablo 2 and Starcraft are there.
It sounds like something they want, but never seem to be able to get around to. Now that they actually have someone patching the old games again, I at least hope they get Warcraft 2 into a digital form - I lost my Battle.net Edition disks pretty much the moment I got them. :(

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

come on neverwinter nights, I know you can go on sale, I want to believe.

We have three people with the game and one without, but you need a key to play multiplayer, you can't :filez: multiplayer unfortunately

but as it turns out gog doesn't give you real keys for NWN, they give everyone the same key because they (legally) cracked the cdkey. So you have to send them an email request for actual keys.

I don't know what the smiley for Gog is but :holymoley:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mortimer posted:

come on neverwinter nights, I know you can go on sale, I want to believe.

We have three people with the game and one without, but you need a key to play multiplayer, you can't :filez: multiplayer unfortunately

but as it turns out gog doesn't give you real keys for NWN, they give everyone the same key because they (legally) cracked the cdkey. So you have to send them an email request for actual keys.

I don't know what the smiley for Gog is but :holymoley:

lmao

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
If you e-mail them they will send you a new key.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The GoG version of UT2004 works similarly in that every purchaser has the same key, but EPIC just white listed that cd key so that you could get into the master sever without issue.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

The GoG version of UT2004 works similarly in that every purchaser has the same key, but EPIC just white listed that cd key so that you could get into the master sever without issue.

I think that happens with the Steam version of UT 2k4 too.

Is Neverwinter 1 or 2 the one that you need to email them for a proper cdkey?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Guillermus posted:

I think that happens with the Steam version of UT 2k4 too.

Is Neverwinter 1 or 2 the one that you need to email them for a proper cdkey?

Neverwinter Nights 1, yes. It's a nwncdkey.ini file they send you, you just replace the file where you installed the game, rerun the Premium Module installer so it recognizes the new CD Key and you're good to go. It's worth archiving the email for the future installations too.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Neverwinter Nights 1, yes. It's a nwncdkey.ini file they send you, you just replace the file where you installed the game, rerun the Premium Module installer so it recognizes the new CD Key and you're good to go. It's worth archiving the email for the future installations too.

Thanks! Just requested it because who knows if some day I'll play with goons or something. NWN multiplayer with custom campaigns was drat fun back in the days.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
man, an old school NWN campaign would be fun. When I was in Iraq some friends and I set up a small little lan and did some of the main campaign (really couldn't download any of the custom stuff) and still had some fun.

Was NWN2 decent? And Sword Coast Legends, whats the deal with that? Sorry for straying off the gog topic with this.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

man, an old school NWN campaign would be fun. When I was in Iraq some friends and I set up a small little lan and did some of the main campaign (really couldn't download any of the custom stuff) and still had some fun.

Was NWN2 decent? And Sword Coast Legends, whats the deal with that? Sorry for straying off the gog topic with this.

Sword Coast Legends is bad
NWN2 base campaign is slightly better than NWN base campaign (actually a lot better) but stretches on way too long. What it IS good for it setting you up for the Mask of the Betrayer expansion, which is one of those "good video game writing" examples people bring up. It's in "Planescape: Torment" league which is saying something.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Yeah NWN2's campaign is alright. I wouldn't say it's amazing but it's a lot better than NWN1's main campaign and it has a couple of points which are really drat good. Mask of the Betrayer is much better though, just like NWN1's expansions were much better than the main game.

Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire is now available.

Plus 'Star Wars Week' bundles too.

Hidden Asbestos fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 3, 2016

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

As someone with no nostalgia for Shadows of the Empire (I grew up playing the Jedi outcast games), is Shadows any good?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Testekill posted:

As someone with no nostalgia for Shadows of the Empire (I grew up playing the Jedi outcast games), is Shadows any good?
it's awful but weirdly compelling

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Testekill posted:

God no.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Buy it for the first level.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
That Gall spaceport level can go gently caress itself, it was like 5 hours long or something ridiculous.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
it's kind of crazy how big the media push for all of the Shadows of The Empire stuff was. Had to be the biggest star wars related poo poo prior to Ep I. At least tied maybe with the theatrical re-release of IV in the 90s. I thought the game looked so cool

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Testekill posted:

I'd say its worth about $5 or less

be ready to cheat at a moments notice once you find a few glaringly terrible areas you want to skip past

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mortimer posted:

I'd say its worth about $5 or less

be ready to cheat at a moments notice once you find a few glaringly terrible areas you want to skip past
"a few"

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I have low standards and have played dark forces the first to completion in 2014

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Wampa Stompa was the best though. Entering button codes on your n64 while holding the stick down with your chin.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

THE BAR posted:

Buy it for the first level.

I like the first 3 levels and the last one. First and last level because duh, second level because it was easy you weren't sick of the foot sections yet, third because I enjoy the occasional turret section.

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's awful but weirdly compelling

Good way of putting it... I have come back to it and actually somehow still enjoy playing it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Are there many Star Wars games left to add? The Phantom Menace's game and Droidworks are all that immediately come to mind.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Are there many Star Wars games left to add? The Phantom Menace's game and Droidworks are all that immediately come to mind.

Ep. 1 Racer. :colbert:

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yoda Stories :getin:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I did wonder about Yoda Stories, but I thought it was already on there.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Episode 1 Racer isn't on there yet so it's not done by a long shot.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I would KILL for Droidworks...i loved that game

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

There's that Naboo ecology sim, I forget its name.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

THE BAR posted:

There's that Naboo ecology sim, I forget its name.

You mean The Gungan Frontier? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_I:_The_Gungan_Frontier

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
How is the GOG version of Dark Forces 2? I remember the Steam release was a unplayable mess.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Battle for Naboo as well.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
The Software Toolworks Star Wars Chess

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Masters of Teräs Käsi :colbert:

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

C.M. Kruger posted:

How is the GOG version of Dark Forces 2? I remember the Steam release was a unplayable mess.

I'm playing it on Windows 7, and I haven't had any issues running it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Instant Sunrise posted:

Masters of Teräs Käsi :colbert:

I liked this game