Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
So if Trump wins, after today Rush will not longer be able to hedge his bets like the chickenshit that he is. Watching him straddle the line for the past few weeks has been very interesting (most noticeably when he takes calls,) but I imagine his job is going to get a lot more difficult when he has to deal with #nevertrump callers starting tomorrow. Unless he just screens them out of course.

Trump!

Also Beck may kill himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

It's not often that I think that five years in a gulag would be the best thing for another person, but here we are.

Oh my goodness. From the article:

quote:

I question whether the best way to create a more egalitarian society is for the left to continue to lodge its hopes with the less well-off, only to be disappointed when they do not act as leftists expect them to do. (The most current example is the failure of African American and Hispanic voters to support in greater numbers the more left-wing candidate, Bernie Sanders, in the 2016 Democratic primaries.)

I am going to barf.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

baw posted:

So if Trump wins, after today Rush will not longer be able to hedge his bets like the chickenshit that he is. Watching him straddle the line for the past few weeks has been very interesting (most noticeably when he takes calls,) but I imagine his job is going to get a lot more difficult when he has to deal with #nevertrump callers starting tomorrow. Unless he just screens them out of course.

Trump!

Forgive my zeroth level question, but haven't all of Rush's "callers" been paid actors for some time now? Maybe in the early days before he was syndicated/deaf he might've actually taken on live wingnuts but I cannot imagine someone like Limbaugh ever taking a chance with a modern tea type pulling a reverse Atwater.

Of course the ultimate irony would be that his plummeting ratings forces him to cut costs and wade back into the intellectual fever swamp he created. :getin:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

ZobarStyl posted:

Forgive my zeroth level question, but haven't all of Rush's "callers" been paid actors for some time now? Maybe in the early days before he was syndicated/deaf he might've actually taken on live wingnuts but I cannot imagine someone like Limbaugh ever taking a chance with a modern tea type pulling a reverse Atwater.

Of course the ultimate irony would be that his plummeting ratings forces him to cut costs and wade back into the intellectual fever swamp he created. :getin:

There is a screening process, but they aren't all paid actors afaik. A few recent callers have definitely put him in a tight rhetorical spot

baw fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 3, 2016

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

baw posted:

Trump!

#STOPHILLARY will always be more important to him, I presume.

Right wing media, the GOP, all the feckless cowards will get in line with the golden id they've fostered.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

baw posted:

Trump!

On that note I hope you've all been taking notes on your conservative relatives shittalking Trump for being too liberal or whatever so you can make fun of them when they do a 180.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I haven't really caught much Hannity since he's been on the trump train and since he is terrible to listen to. It's something special to listen to him do his "just answer the (loaded) question...yes or no?" to defend Trump against Cruz callers. Hannity is the worst.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress that, its blackmail material to make sure you don't rat them out to the true believers or the potential Trump Shirts that they were with lyin' Ted. I wonder how much RINO compaction will go down when Trump is crowned as the candidate.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Everyone should be listening to Beck's broadcast today. and then Rush

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
Completely random question but has anyone else noticed that Hannity's radio show always seems like it was taped beforehand? In my market it's on at the appointed "live" hour so I should in theory be getting "live" radio but it just sounds like a show that's already been clipped and snipped to cut out all the pauses and etc and it didn't sound like that before. Really weird, but as someone who edits a podcast I'm convinced I'm right. The talk about Rush's callers being actors made me want to mention this, since you never get anything but a busy signal when you call Hannity, making it super obvious he's not taking calls from the general public, even if his show is truly "live."

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Bored so I tuned in, and the commercials sound like something out of GTA

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

VH4Ever posted:

Completely random question but has anyone else noticed that Hannity's radio show always seems like it was taped beforehand? In my market it's on at the appointed "live" hour so I should in theory be getting "live" radio but it just sounds like a show that's already been clipped and snipped to cut out all the pauses and etc and it didn't sound like that before. Really weird, but as someone who edits a podcast I'm convinced I'm right. The talk about Rush's callers being actors made me want to mention this, since you never get anything but a busy signal when you call Hannity, making it super obvious he's not taking calls from the general public, even if his show is truly "live."

It's been a while since I've listened, but I have noticed something like that. It seemed like out of the 3 hours a day that his show ran, the first two hours were just a recap of the prior day's show.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Geostomp posted:

Extreme right wingers don't give the slightest drat about people: they just want something to excuse their own lives and rage. Wound collecting is very popular among these circles and encouraged by their media.

No, they care about the little girls who are being molested by devious men in dresses! We've all seen the macho tough guy posturing like "if any man follows my daughter into the bathroom it'll be the last bathroom he ever goes into." Most of them are just showing off, but it's inevitable someone will take it seriously. It's the same reason why you can't endlessly decry "killing babies" and then act surprised when someone shoots up a Planned Parenthood.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I got some of this in real life yesterday. I have a co-worker that is a pretty good dude but as a devout Christian falls on the socially conservative side of the spectrum. So I got an explanation about how he and his wife didn't want there to be unisex bathrooms. I asked him why since anyone that wants to assault someone is going to do it anyway. The response is that horny men won't necessarily attack women but basically put on a wig and then leer at women that are adjusting their clothes in the mirror. Currently if a man enters a woman's bathroom and does that she can call the police/security to get him out but in a unisex bathroom there is no stopping such a person and women will just have to deal. At that point I checked out since that scenario is so absurd (and like a person sitting in the bathroom ogling people isn't going to be asked to leave regardless of gender) and said that maybe in a few years when these bathrooms become the new normal and nothing like that happens they'll feel differently.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Radish posted:

I got some of this in real life yesterday. I have a co-worker that is a pretty good dude but as a devout Christian falls on the socially conservative side of the spectrum. So I got an explanation about how he and his wife didn't want there to be unisex bathrooms. I asked him why since anyone that wants to assault someone is going to do it anyway. The response is that horny men won't necessarily attack women but basically put on a wig and then leer at women that are adjusting their clothes in the mirror. Currently if a man enters a woman's bathroom and does that she can call the police/security to get him out but in a unisex bathroom there is no stopping such a person and women will just have to deal. At that point I checked out since that scenario is so absurd (and like a person sitting in the bathroom ogling people isn't going to be asked to leave regardless of gender) and said that maybe in a few years when these bathrooms become the new normal and nothing like that happens they'll feel differently.

I'm confused as to what prevents someone from standing just outside the door of the women's restroom and leering at women coming and going from it. It's basically the same scenario.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Jurgan posted:

It's the same reason why you can't endlessly decry "killing babies" and then act surprised when someone shoots up a Planned Parenthood.

Well you're half right. We've got this entire thread about a media enterprise that doesn't act surprised when it happens, they blame the other guys.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Nevvy Z posted:

I'm confused as to what prevents someone from standing just outside the door of the women's restroom and leering at women coming and going from it. It's basically the same scenario.

Well see women adjust their clothes in the bathroom which means they undo some stuff and you can catch some skin I guess? The fear is really bizarre since you can get a lot more bang for your pervert buck hanging out at the pool or beach with thick sunglasses but for some reason these creeps are gonna put a ridiculous amount of time and effort to maybe catch some quick view of a chest in a Target restroom.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Beck is going on about "bathroom stories" that are destroying the country.

The first is some weird story where a woman claims some guy was stalking her who was stalking her two years ago. She sounds crazy to me but the guy got arrested. Of course he got arrested for reckless driving so. But none of this seemed to happen in a bathroom.

The second story is literally someone following a woman into the bathroom and telling her to leave because he thinks she's a transgendered man. and somehow the Beck team is saying it's because of transgendered people like the guy was just a good confused man who had been tricked by transgendered people into harassing women or something.

The hoops these guys jump through.

And now he's selling security systems by telling you if you don't get it a drunk man will crawl into your seven year old daughters bed.

I really can't imagine living like this.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I listen to New York Mets baseball on the radio. Two years or so ago they switched stations to 710 WOR which carries Rush and Hannity during the daytimes. So, if I was listening to a game the night before, and forget to change the station, I'm treated to Rush or Hannity on my evening commutes. I've listened a few times out of curiosity, but I just can't for more than ten minutes or so. Besides the smugness that makes me want to punch Hannity, the anger and paranoia has a visible affect on my mood. How do people listen to this poo poo day in and day out?

That and the amount of commercials. Holy poo poo the half hour blocks of commercials.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Before he Bud Dwyers himself tomorrow, let's all share our favorite Glenn Beck moments. Here's mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl0q89WzTbg

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

The first is some weird story where a woman claims some guy was stalking her who was stalking her two years ago. She sounds crazy to me but the guy got arrested. Of course he got arrested for reckless driving so. But none of this seemed to happen in a bathroom.

The second story is literally someone following a woman into the bathroom and telling her to leave because he thinks she's a transgendered man. and somehow the Beck team is saying it's because of transgendered people like the guy was just a good confused man who had been tricked by transgendered people into harassing women or something.

And now he's selling security systems by telling you if you don't get it a drunk man will crawl into your seven year old daughters bed.

Ever since his Headline News show days, I've always pictured Glenn Beck as being any given post-Killing Joke incarnation of The Joker. The man is the living embodiment of the phrase "madness is the emergency exit".

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not sure if beck was grosser when he was obviously a con-man or now that he's full blown insane and actually drinks his own kool-aid but it sure has been a hell of a ride. Too bad his media empire is collapsing and he'll probably be dead within 5 years from craziness

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

baw posted:

Before he Bud Dwyers himself tomorrow, let's all share our favorite Glenn Beck moments. Here's mine:

Goddamn Beck is such a loving coward. All of these guys have been so sheltered by their fans and money for so long that the same milquetoast as hell reporter was able to essentially destroy the façade of both Beck and Palin.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

STAC Goat posted:

I imagine there's a big overlap with those concealed carry people who carry their handguns everywhere, feel actively unsafe if they're not strapped 24/7, and scope out every room they enter for firing positions and potential threat vectors (just in case, you know). It just sounds exhausting.

I mean, I get veterans coming back from six tours in Iraq and swerving around every manhole cover because it's a potential IED and hitting the floor every time they hear a loud noise, but these people are PTSDing themselves for no reason. It's utterly bizarre.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

baw posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGfpURNYpis

This is mine. Glenn offhandedly propositions a guest to let him take nude photos of her, with the intention of disseminating them online. Then he realizes what he just said out loud and you get to see one of the few moments in his life where he's actually embarrassed by something.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nine-gear crow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGfpURNYpis

This is mine. Glenn offhandedly propositions a guest to let him take nude photos of her, with the intention of disseminating them online. Then he realizes what he just said out loud and you get to see one of the few moments in his life where he's actually embarrassed by something.

:lol: Ouch. Glen Beck never learned how to flirt.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

This is my favorite Beck video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2ySvKPwMo0

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Minenfeld! posted:

I listen to New York Mets baseball on the radio.

I was watching a Mets game on local Tv a few weeks ago and in the middle of the game the two announcers just start talking about how Nixon taking us off the gold standard was a terrible move. And I'm just like what does this have to do with the game and why did it seem like everyone involved in sports is always a stupid conservative?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

First caller on Rush:

"Stop calling Trump supporters names!"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

baw posted:

First caller on Rush:

"Stop calling Trump supporters names!"

Rush having no idea how to deal with Trump supporters is my favorite thing ever. Usually he can at least fake it when he's lost on something but a huge mass of angry populist voters emerging out of longterm listeners is just totally unworkable for him

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

"Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer" being discussed by Rush Limbaugh.

goddamn....who the hell made that up? Take a loving bow, because that has taken on a life of it's own.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

He censored the f-word but not "puta"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

KomradeX posted:

I was watching a Mets game on local Tv a few weeks ago and in the middle of the game the two announcers just start talking about how Nixon taking us off the gold standard was a terrible move. And I'm just like what does this have to do with the game and why did it seem like everyone involved in sports is always a stupid conservative?

They're rich, they've spent most of their lives in locker rooms, and if they did have four years of college their focus was on sports and not the rest of the experience. Its a pretty simple recipe for poorly thought out ideas about how to hold onto your money.

Plus, pro athletes are in a sort of weird financial situation where some guys are making the league minimum and some are signing crazy $200 million dollar deals. And the ones who are making the minimum should be able to build a nice life for themselves if they're smart, and the people in the middle are all doing super well unless they're stupid, but every team has a few guys who are just CRAZY rich and have more money than they could have hope to spend. So the backup catcher or left tackle might have all kinds of warped perspective where he's looking at everything that guy can afford that he can't so he doesn't "feel" rich. But he's living in a huge house in a gated community and driving a sports car and he's really just lost touch.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 3, 2016

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

SumYungGui posted:

Well you're half right. We've got this entire thread about a media enterprise that doesn't act surprised when it happens, they blame the other guys.

Well, I should have said "honestly act surprised," but that doesn't stop them. And I have no doubt that if and when someone does get murdered for using the "wrong bathroom," the talking heads will claim to be shocked and appalled.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Rush is such a loving coward

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

baw posted:

Rush got caught with boner pills on a return flight from a country known for sex tourism

Fixed that for yea.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
On NPR's (well, KQED) Forum this morning Lyin' Ted's surrogate started quoting Maoist Propaganda in favor of his candidate.

Ted is a mess.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

PhazonLink posted:

Fixed that for yea.

thanks it's such an easy typo to make

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zeroisanumber posted:

Probably shift to stories about what the aftermath will look like and how the GOP is going to move past it.

Is this a fantasy post about how you believe the media would actually handle it in a pre-24 hours news world, as opposed to the instant/current gratification stories they would actually play about how Trump could come up from behind or Hillary might get indicted, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Shbobdb posted:

On NPR's (well, KQED) Forum this morning Lyin' Ted's surrogate started quoting Maoist Propaganda in favor of his candidate.

Ted is a mess.

Is there more info on this?