Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
FCON peacing out and finding their own way down south is cool and all, but if they better not be allowed to just waltz in if things swing back in our favor and use our maintained blue status to move assets out if they're not helping with the reconquista

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I went on 2 nullsec fleets last night. First time responding to a nullsec ping in about 18 months. One was a swordfleet, the other was a caracal fleet to get rid of the MOA caracals that were preventing our sword fleet from swording or fiesta cats from partying or clown shoes from joking or something.

Maybe part of it was the FC not explicitly telling us what we were doing (beyond sitting on a gate) or why we were doing it, but nullsec fleets seem very confusing. But apparently we got cake? I didn't see any cake tho.

don't go on mainfleets, you won't be told what the gently caress you are actually going to accomplish. Find a group who does small gang poo poo, i.e. Black Ops, and/or Hole Squad or possibly SV (dunno if they do small gang poo poo anymore) and then you can actually pursue coherent objectives that you are aware of and can see your effect on them, instead of being buried under 6 layers of bullshit to keep out :effort: spies.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I managed to get a former FCON-turned-Goon from D4R to Saranen, so I did my part in the evac!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

don't go on mainfleets, you won't be told what the gently caress you are actually going to accomplish

why does this matter

just shoot mans :yaycloud:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Siets posted:

And this is why under Fozziesov people won't actually "live" out of null ever again. It's such a pain in the dick to import and export large assets. Why would anybody go through the trouble when you have no confidence in your ability to hold onto the sov?

It seems to me that the most immediate reaction of Null will be to shrink empires down to the minimum amount of space for the maximum number of pilots. Of course, this is going to lead to serious problems in extreme situations.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

don't go on mainfleets

Moral of the story. A bunch of MiniLuv dudes unironically suggested I go find a boat fleet, as they're more fun.

I've thought about putting a dude in HV or BlackOps or whatever, but truth be told, I don't really have the time to invest in a non-MiniLuv group to know the fits, strategies or whatever and keep ships staged and everything else involved with flying with a SIG/Squad.

Also, I still have the comedy option of undocking in a warp speed rigged catalyst for swordfleet.

E:

Glory of Arioch posted:

why does this matter

just shoot mans :yaycloud:

I need some help to actually get 'into' a fleet or a thing we're doing. Also, not the fleets fault, but it's weird going from a situation where you're playing 5-13 characters while FCing or supporting all the decision-making to playing 1 character and knowing nothing about what's going on. Though, it was p. funny to hear the FC explain after he got headshot that he was taking a while to get back to the fleet because he was in jabber hell and playing two characters at the same time :laffo:

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 3, 2016

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Goatman Sacks posted:

I managed to get a former FCON-turned-Goon from D4R to Saranen, so I did my part in the evac!

This guy, best evac service ever. Also RIP Prorator.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

don't go on mainfleets, you won't be told what the gently caress you are actually going to accomplish. Find a group who does small gang poo poo, i.e. Black Ops, and/or Hole Squad or possibly SV (dunno if they do small gang poo poo anymore) and then you can actually pursue coherent objectives that you are aware of and can see your effect on them, instead of being buried under 6 layers of bullshit to keep out :effort: spies.

he has highsec freighter slaughter for that :v:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he has highsec freighter slaughter for that :v:

Is it getting warm in here?

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zephyrine posted:

Is it getting warm in here?

Please no.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Moral of the story. A bunch of MiniLuv dudes unironically suggested I go find a boat fleet, as they're more fun.

I've thought about putting a dude in HV or BlackOps or whatever, but truth be told, I don't really have the time to invest in a non-MiniLuv group to know the fits, strategies or whatever and keep ships staged and everything else involved with flying with a SIG/Squad.

Also, I still have the comedy option of undocking in a warp speed rigged catalyst for swordfleet.

It's not that hard

you push F1 just like you normally would

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Normally I would not recommend DBRB fleets, but he's honestly a loving riot when it comes to flying swordfleets.

The entire shtick of a DBRB swordfleet is "gangwarp at 10km on top of a target, no matter how many bubbles there are. Immediately initiate gangwarp out as soon as you land, and while everyone's aligning, they lock and fire one volley." When you've got 50+ inties with rails and beams, that one volley will alpha most cruisers. And if it doesn't alpha them, it's fine, because hostiles generally won't be able to lock an inty unless they've got an instalocker (and/or someone hosed up), so you can just warp back in and do it again. He cackles with glee with each kill, and it's fun as gently caress.

In a pinch, just grab me and yell at me if I'm online, and we'll go out and do poo poo. :)

On an unrelated note, take a look at these loving bits of :ccp: from the last day or two of patch notes:

quote:

* Projector and Doomsday super-weapons no longer affect ships in invulnerable states (POS shields, tethered, gate jump cloak)
* Doomsdays can now damage Citadels, Drones and Fighters.
* Lance, Reaper and BFG Doomsday devices are now correctly reducing damage based on target signature radius.
* The range of the new Doomsday weapons has been re-calibrated to the advertised range.

* Ships with active siege modules can no longer jump through stargates.

* Fixed an issue where the Micro Jump Field Generator would not drop tethering.

* Fixed an issue where undocking from a station can cause the overview to stop refreshing.

* D-scan: Fixed scan range and angle changes made with mouse scroll not taking effect.
* Force Auxiliary ships will now appear on directional-scan and probe-scan results as intended.

* Right-click menus for items in space: The "Warp to..." entries should now always appear as the top options, above any Approach/Align entries. (This is only relevant for items further than minimum warp distance of 150km, but closer than the recently-increased maximum approach distance of 10,000km).

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

DisgracelandUSA posted:

E:

I need some help to actually get 'into' a fleet or a thing we're doing. Also, not the fleets fault, but it's weird going from a situation where you're playing 5-13 characters while FCing or supporting all the decision-making to playing 1 character and knowing nothing about what's going on. Though, it was p. funny to hear the FC explain after he got headshot that he was taking a while to get back to the fleet because he was in jabber hell and playing two characters at the same time :laffo:

DisgracelandUSA posted:

E:

Was his other character solo-ganking in high-sec? Maybe his other character was solo-ganking in high-sec.

Txxt
Dec 11, 2004
that whole d-scan thing was loving infuriating and made roaming ridiculous

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So we left Shadow Cartel, and we've been making GBS threads up Syndicate with camps and fleets and honestly, for some reason, the game feels more fun than it has in ages to me.

Glad to see populations kicking back up in a real way too.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Kimsemus posted:

So we left Shadow Cartel, and we've been making GBS threads up Syndicate with camps and fleets and honestly, for some reason, the game feels more fun than it has in ages to me.

camping gates and rolling around in cruiser/t3d gangs has both padded my killboard and allowed me to have a lot of fun in eve recently

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Don't join blops if you actually want to something besides camp a gate and catch stragglers. :)

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kimsemus posted:

Isn't it time to change your AV? :v:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Goatman Sacks posted:

Isn't it time to change your AV? :v:

My avatar is now a memorial to all the heroes who deprived us of their company before their time. :negative:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Don't join blops if you actually want to something besides camp a gate and catch stragglers. :)

Your information is out of date.

Edit: we've killed 4-5 caps and one SC this week.

Service Charge
Jan 22, 2004
I'm not cheap

CainFortea posted:

Not true at all, blops gayhac fleets are pretty awesome (and made https://zkillboard.com/kill/53696853/ happen)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i feel like maybe he wasnt being sincere

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i feel like maybe he wasnt being sincere

Gatecamping is still a thing, and we focused on that for a bit because most of us were hilariously rusty and blackops pilots are notoriously hard to pry out of their special snowflake ships. Now that we're comped right we're on to more interesting things. So it was a fair cop. Just out of date is all.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Are there still options out there for newbie pvp? Kinda like RvB maybe, is that still around?

My character's pretty old so I'd look like some 40 year old in a mall karate class, but whatever. There's got to be somebody that does small group frig/cruiser stuff that I can learn from.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a lot of options for newbie PVP in EVE at the moment. RVB are still around as well, some of the guys leading it took a break from the game which caused some organizational problems but from what I know it's still around and kicking.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

Space Violence lives on forever in spirit.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

ullerrm posted:

Normally I would not recommend DBRB fleets, but he's honestly a loving riot when it comes to flying swordfleets.

I have tried several times to go on his fleet, and IDK, I am either too old and feebleminded to extract useful information from the stream of consciousness barrage over comms or insufficiently ADD or whatever but I have had to admit to myself I just cannot go on DBRB fleets. I feel on the road to recovery now :unsmith:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Bilirubin posted:

but I have had to admit to myself I just cannot go on DBRB fleets. I feel on the road to recovery now :unsmith:

Speaking of which, is there any way in Mumble to check a local mute list without having to find the target in whatever channel they're in? I think I may have muted DBRB like four years ago and forgot about it until I tried to go on one of his fleets last week, which ended about as well as you would expect for an op in hostile territory where you can't hear the FC.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

Your information is out of date.

Edit: we've killed 4-5 caps and one SC this week.

Im surprised theres any ratting at all going on in Dek whats up

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Deklein#npc24

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
last week I went on a DBRB fleet against my better judgement, since I only had a half hour of free time before I had to be somewhere else, but it was actually quite fun. I tried to SRP fraud my Hurricane but instead started a fight that we won easily, then I just handed my cane off to the one guy that died.

has he figured out how to use swords yet? The last DBRB sword op I went on, he tried to fight 200 TEST gank interceptors with 100 fast-align interceptors. Didn't go well.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Goatman Sacks posted:

last week I went on a DBRB fleet against my better judgement, since I only had a half hour of free time before I had to be somewhere else, but it was actually quite fun. I tried to SRP fraud my Hurricane but instead started a fight that we won easily, then I just handed my cane off to the one guy that died.

has he figured out how to use swords yet? The last DBRB sword op I went on, he tried to fight 200 TEST gank interceptors with 100 fast-align interceptors. Didn't go well.

He's been getting pretty good at it. Lyris has as well.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Trying to find some Agents, but instead I found peace.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

God dammit, I leave you people alone for one weekend and you make Zephyrine leave :(

Good luck Zeph, hopefully your time in PH shows you the light and you at least go chill with Groon instead :sun:

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

ChickenWing posted:

God dammit, I leave you people alone for one weekend and you make Zephyrine leave :(

Good luck Zeph, hopefully your time in PH shows you the light and you at least go chill with Groon instead :sun:

Or come back to GSF.

I don't see how some of you can be all "Grrr good riddance ::mentalillness:: this and that" every time someone leaves no matter how much good they did for you.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

xilni posted:

Or come back to GSF.

I don't see how some of you can be all "Grrr good riddance ::mentalillness:: this and that" every time someone leaves no matter how much good they did for you.

I'm not going back. Also I am thoroughly blacklisted.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

xilni posted:

And maybe people shouldn't take potshots on their way out?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
I've gone on a couple of Boat fleets recently and had a blast.
Was a bit wary at first since I'm an old fart that can't handle too much ADD and basically the only thing I remember from my first time playing in 2013 was a hyped up DBRB yelling in my ear before I warped and died.

Just fit the insta warp stuff, zone out with some music, follow his warps semi AFK and hit F1, the good life.

Got in on 50ish KMs yesterday which is about 40% of my total kills.

Also Space Violent is pretty active these days with small gang PVP, I highly recommend it if you are into that sort of stuff.

nex fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 3, 2016

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

I'm not going back. Also I am thoroughly blacklisted.

Why? Did something happen, or were they just like "if you leave you aren't allowed to come back!"

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Butt Discussin posted:

Why? Did something happen, or were they just like "if you leave you aren't allowed to come back!"

I'm sure someone with an RC account can paste the exact details. It shouldn't be opsec considering everyone gets one at will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Butt Discussin posted:

Generally if you leave to join the people currently attempting to keep us out of our homes it doesn't go over well.

• Locked thread