Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Seen this shared at least twice now. Every bullshit fact is prefixed with "science has studied" or similar and I guess that rigorous sourcing is enough for at least 3 people on my facebook. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdneZ4fIIHE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

People share the plant that was yelled at versus the plant that was complimented thing on my facebook feed all the time.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

More like YOLOL.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

A well told and intruiging tale.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Apparently suggesting that people shouldn't record videos while driving makes people really mad.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Elderbean posted:

Apparently suggesting that people shouldn't record videos while driving makes people really mad.

"Don't act like the police are going to appear if she stops recording and calls them. She was recording it for evidence for cops. Also she didn't crash, so it's okay."

Are these people literally eight years old

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Why is "should of" so drat common.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

Why is "should of" so drat common.

because it's what "should've" sounds like when spoken at least in my neighborhood of America and apparently nobody gives a gently caress about spelling/grammar anymore :shrug:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I don't like this post.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I don't like this post.

Oh great another circumcision debate

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

"Also she didn't crash, so it's okay."

Which is basically the same logic many drunk drivers use.

"I haven't had an accident yet, it's fine. I know my limits."

From an article about men having less sex after 30.

Elderbean has a new favorite as of 18:03 on May 3, 2016

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Someone Awful! posted:

because it's what "should've" sounds like when spoken at least in my neighborhood of America and apparently nobody gives a gently caress about spelling/grammar anymore :shrug:
Hardly a new situation.

http://sites.fas.harvard.edu/~chaucer/spelling.htm

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Presenting evidence that a prominent poet in the 1300s eschewed conventional rules of English spelling and grammar as a way to argue against complaints from modern folk that people these days are not the best at communicating in English? I've never heard of such a thing! How novel! For all intensive purposes, you've decimated any argument I could of come up with as a rebuttal, but I could care less

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Comments on an article about how racist everyone is being about Malia Obama getting into Harvard and/or taking a gap year or whatever is making them all froth at the mouth.

Yeah, I have no idea what the gently caress that's even supposed to mean. (name not blacked out because it's a public page and I'm lazy)

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

quote:

.....Who's White House Correspondents' Dinner was it?
....Executive order number 13603 - Obama can seize any resource, property, or person at any time for any reason, including forcing that Person with labors without being paid. He ordered 30,000 Guillotines, hollow point bullets, for his army, and spent a billion dollars for disposable plastic coffins, that hold three or four bodies. His number one goal, take guns away from American citizens.
...Like Obama, the Nazis formed a living unity. Each individual was a fragment of the group. Individual possessions were regarded as the groups wealth. Goebbels - submit the "I" to the thou. The "way of life" was to sacrifice the individual for the whole. Follow the politicians with blind faith.
...Obama, is following Hitlers plan. Because he downsized the regular military and created a superior army - his UN and youth army. Both Obama and Hitler took control of the news media, and put programs in the public schools, such as common core - in order to de-emphasize intellectual training. Both created illegal FEMA, death camps.
...Obama is using a stolen social security number, a fraudulent birth certificate. Therefore, its time to stop pretending like Obama's legally the president of the United States.
..A special thanks to Judge Jeanine Pirro, Clint Eastwood, Donald Trump, and the world leaders who support America - when "we the People" and the Constitution of the United States is being used, as the law of the land.
The 9/11 World Peace Strategist - Dr. Kirk Ellis W = mc2
DSFSDAS

This was on Facebook and links to an article about Eric Trump responding to Obama's Trump jokes at the White House Correspondents' Dinner. Also, now I know what schizophrenia feels like.

Low hanging fruit:

quote:

Obama is a racist with white people he said in his speech that he was runing late tonight because that he was on CPT and he said that means that it jokes that white people should not make.himmm i say that's is being a racist do you and im very offended by it.and that's why im voting for Trump.Go Trump

Inexplicable:

quote:

Though Obama's intent was to have fun by delivering humorous jokes at his last Correspondent's Dinner, it rubbed me the wrong way. I think it's great that he has a sense of humor, but what isn't funny, is that he is still America's President. Without getting into any detail about what has or hasn't happened during his two terms, I find this speech appalling. Not once does he address the American People in which he was hired by. He uses "race card" to joke on another "race" which only helps influence division in our country. He uses the stage to "Burn" Sanders and Trump with the very style in which he has shunned. He shares with everyone a Video Skit full of mockery... (WTF, we're paying you to run this country and you're doing this?)
To keep it short... The last thing our American President has to say, "Obama out." (with a mic drop)
This is not funny or cute. This is a disrespectful slap in the face. Again, I am appalled.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Hot take of the day: siding against Trump is victim blaming

sinners always be wanting to treat transgendered people like people

also itt: trying really hard to seem enlightened and charitible about marginalizing transgendered people (There's about a dozen other posts that are incredibly long trying to justify their opinion on transgender people using bathrooms as not bigoted, it's about privacy and biology! but we can have unisex bathrooms as long as there's also still REAL WOMEN ONLY bathrooms, we're being charitable here!)

Mince Pieface has a new favorite as of 19:29 on May 3, 2016

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Presenting evidence that a prominent poet in the 1300s eschewed conventional rules of English spelling and grammar as a way to argue against complaints from modern folk that people these days are not the best at communicating in English? I've never heard of such a thing! How novel! For all intensive purposes, you've decimated any argument I could of come up with as a rebuttal, but I could care less
Lighten up, Francis.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

trickybiscuits posted:

This was on Facebook and links to an article about Eric Trump responding to Obama's Trump jokes at the White House Correspondents' Dinner. Also, now I know what schizophrenia feels like.

Low hanging fruit:

Inexplicable:

My favourite part of this is the "disposable plastic coffins". As opposed to what, reusable coffins?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Someone Awful! posted:

But it's hilariously dumb and makes no loving sense. (much like your posting eyoooo)

Wow, jackpot.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I don't like this post.

DDLG is the creepiest loving thing and just the mention of cummies makes me shudder.

https://youtu.be/CxVDnpsGTZY

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I was reading an article about the new Radiohead single when I stumbled across this pompous windbag. At first I thought it was one of those Redditor parodies with the fedora that you see on Youtube, but on closer inspection (googling their username) appears to be an actual older lady wearing some kind of medieval-y hat, who appears to have nothing to do but pontificate on the Guardian comments.

I can only paraphrase the Simpsons: the stick up this woman's rear end has a stick up its rear end.

Imagined has a new favorite as of 21:50 on May 3, 2016

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Danyull posted:

So I just got a friend request from the person who used to bully me in elementary/middle school. It took a bit to figure this out, first of all, because his name was a pseudonym related to money, but I still recognize his face. This is his profile picture! He's the one on the right.

Look at how stiff and uncomfortable the other guy is. I bet that his expression is one of barely repressed anguish.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Danyull posted:

So I just got a friend request from the person who used to bully me in elementary/middle school.

I get these from time to time, also. I'm like, you were a shithead to me in school, what the gently caress are you smoking right now that makes you think that I'd somehow accept your friend request?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
/

Daddy clearly vapes.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

I get these from time to time, also. I'm like, you were a shithead to me in school, what the gently caress are you smoking right now that makes you think that I'd somehow accept your friend request?

Mine are the opposite. I got a friend request from the dude I had a crush on in middle school, and his wall is nonstop arguing with his girlfriend, showing off horrible kitchen tattoos, and random photos of his kid. His profile picture is him smoking inside one of those gas mask/bong combos. He used to be such a nice guy :(

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I dunno what a kitchen tattoo is, but it sounds almost as unhygienic as a bathroom tattoo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

The fact that you're adults now and not dumb children

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Henchman of Santa posted:

The fact that you're adults now and not dumb children

Not even this. If anything, they probably don't even remember you from school but see that you are enough mutual friends and maybe, just maybe you took French together. It isn't out of the ordinary for people to try friend other people on Facebook that they hardly knew/remember.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Madkal posted:

Not even this. If anything, they probably don't even remember you from school but see that you are enough mutual friends and maybe, just maybe you took French together. It isn't out of the ordinary for people to try friend other people on Facebook that they hardly knew/remember.

That's where my entertainment comes from. Apparently this chick was in photography with me, but I don't remember her. She got pregnant a lot, every once in a while "leaves" her husband with whatever kids fit in the van, drives 200 miles to post selfies in the dressing room of a JC Penny's at an out-of-town mall, saying she looks hot. Then she comes home.

Lately it's been quiet and she's posting a lot of epic bong rip videos.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
Do push ups every day because veterans kill themselves.

And when you're done, pour an ice bucket on yourself for ALS.

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

dexter6 posted:

Do push ups every day because veterans kill themselves.

And when you're done, pour an ice bucket on yourself for ALS.

I mean, the ice bucket thing was the essence of a silly social media trend but it also raised a ton of attention and, more importantly, money for a relatively unknown disease. It gave the main foundation more fundraising than they'd received in like the past 10 years and directly helped a lot of people, like my dad. So I can't complain too much.

The push-ups are dumb though.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

22 push ups arent a lot... the whole idea is youre thinking about it and raising awareness

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Either they don't remember (or don't think) that they were a 'bully' to you and just think 'hey, I kinda know that person from school or something' and send you a friend request or they're trying to reach out to you to apologise for their lovely behaviour (or be absolved of their lovely behaviour by you forgiving them).

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Madkal posted:

That's, quite frankly, a little wierd. Who wants to follow the life of a total stranger? (Aside from those assholes that meticulously follow celebrities, I guess.)

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Arctic Baldwin posted:

22 push ups arent a lot...

Hey speak for yourself pal

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Ted Cruz liked his own resignation video. Or maybe he sad-faced it, or sent himself a heart. Too much work to find out.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

DicktheCat posted:

That's, quite frankly, a little wierd. Who wants to follow the life of a total stranger? (Aside from those assholes that meticulously follow celebrities, I guess.)

No, that poo poo is weird too. I get the most confused looks when friends mention some tabloid about a celebrity and I say I have no idea what they are talking about. Like somehow I'm strange for caring who Kanye West is dating.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

DDLG is the creepiest loving thing and just the mention of cummies makes me shudder.

I looked up DDLG and now feel stupid for doing so.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I looked up DDLG and now feel stupid for doing so.

I need to constantly remind me my "your kink is not my kink and that's okay" personal rule when I see that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Does anybody have those gifs where people put ddlg texts over those NFL video game gifs or whatever