Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I tried to play some Commander online. Every single person I played against has an identical Gitrog Toad deck and they all take at least 3 minutes to make each turn. What a horrid format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Courtesy of the last thread:

Zemyla posted:

These will go great with Theros penis islands.

Also in my hunt for the above I stumbled across this hilariously prescient gem:

born on a buy you posted:

BFZ swerve: hidden treasures are back only it's not reserved list cards. it's the zendikar fetches. they're not legal in standard and are 10x rarer than any given mythic

Alris fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 3, 2016

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

I tried to play some Commander online. Every single person I played against has an identical Gitrog Toad deck and they all take at least 3 minutes to make each turn. What a horrid format.

Commander is barely tolerable when you're playing against real people whose specific goals for the game don't align exactly with your own, why would anyone ever subject themselves to playing it against strangers on the Internet

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

Yawgmoth posted:

A good mountain, but my choice will always be:

A great mountain, but I quite like the pink mountain range from Urza's Saga:

(I'm pretty partial to reminder text lands, for some reason they always make me a little happier than big symbol lands).

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Pen island and the pink gates to paradise are my faves.

We need a plains with two gazebos on two matching hills, a swamp with a round sinkhole and a forest shaped like an upside down triangle to finish the cycle.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Pauper is a cool format.

(It's 568 damage)

Man_alive
May 6, 2007

<Insert Witty Phrase Here>

Voyager I posted:

Pauper is a cool format.

(It's 568 damage)

Do you have a list for this deck? It looks like fun

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

You tried to play Commander online. Did you expect something short of horrible?

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Hopping Ghost posted:

Commander is barely tolerable when you're playing against real people whose specific goals for the game don't align exactly with your own, why would anyone ever subject themselves to playing it against strangers on the Internet

Where else am I going to play my three different versions of Zedruu troll decks??

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I'm gonna get back into mtg. A guy I work with has a Second Age Portal box, but does not have the badass cards like Temporal Manipulation. Are there any standouts to look for here as far as power? Don't care about legality of any sorts. Is anyone interested in buying any of those lands?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

ButtWolf posted:

I think I'm gonna get back into mtg. A guy I work with has a Second Age Portal box, but does not have the badass cards like Temporal Manipulation. Are there any standouts to look for here as far as power? Don't care about legality of any sorts. Is anyone interested in buying any of those lands?

http://mtg.dawnglare.com/?p=viz&s=PO2

This has a list of all the money cards from Portal, Second Age if you're into that sort of thing.

Norwood Priestess is a good rear end card holy poo poo.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Count Bleck posted:

This has a list of all the money cards from Portal, Second Age if you're into that sort of thing.

It's a strictly worse elvish piper.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Count Bleck posted:

Why is Predatory Nightstalker worth anything? Cubes?

A few cards on there were stolen from me as a kid.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Count Bleck posted:

Awesome Thanks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Count Bleck posted:

I had to check Gatherer but It's not as good as it sounds. It's tap ability can't be used the turn it's played.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Commander is barely tolerable when played in real life with people you like, if you play it online you clearly hate yourself or other people or both.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Any tips on straightening out clearly warped foils?

Put together a standard deck for once, but Hissing Quagmires were in a short enough supply here that I had to settle for a few release foil versions instead of normals to complete a set. One of them is warped enough that single-sleeved I could fairly reliably cut into it in a deck if I could handle and see the deck from the long side.

Threw it to a sealed box with rice for now, probably snagging some silica gel from lab tomorrow if that and overnight pressing under some heavy biochemistry and developmental biology doesn't cut it.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Riffle the rest of your deck until it's similarly warped.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Lunsku posted:

Put together a standard deck for once, but Hissing Quagmires were in a short enough supply here that I had to settle for a few release foil versions instead of normals to complete a set. One of them is warped enough that single-sleeved I could fairly reliably cut into it in a deck if I could handle and see the deck from the long side.

Threw it to a sealed box with rice for now, probably snagging some silica gel from lab tomorrow if that and overnight pressing under some heavy biochemistry and developmental biology doesn't cut it.

I put the warped card in a sleeve, put the sleeve between 2 pieces of wood, and clamped the hell out of it

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Lunsku posted:

Those little bags of poison that come in shoes.

Put your foils in a zip lock bag with them for a day or two and they will be flat again.

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 3, 2016

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?

PleasantDirge posted:

Put your foils in a zip lock bag with them for a day or two and they will be flat again.

This. It Is just moisture and can be reversed with silica jell.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

PleasantDirge posted:

This seems like a bit of an overreaction to a few of you cards getting warped.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So who's going to GPNY this weekend?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mcmagic posted:

I completely forgot about it and I'm working this weekend, gently caress.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

Why don't they call it GPNJ? I mean, its a totally different loving state.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Sickening posted:

same reason they aren't called the Santa Clara 49ers

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sickening posted:

new jersey sucks and i stand with scg doing its best to pretend it doesn't exist

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

UberJew posted:

same reason they aren't called the Santa Clara 49ers

Last time I checked it was at least in the same loving state.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
excuse me, i think i meant WOTC instead of scg there, my mistake

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

new jersey sucks and i stand with scg doing its best to pretend it doesn't exist

You can't pretend it doesn't exist when you holding your loving event there. I can't wait for GPOKC to be held in kansas.

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core

Sickening posted:

Last time I checked it was at least in the same loving state.

Same reason they're not called the East Rutherford Giants or East Rutherford Jets.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

I'll be there judging! Main event Saturday, sides on Sunday.

And you can see the Team MetaGameGurus.com jerseys in person!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sickening posted:

You can't pretend it doesn't exist when you holding your loving event there. I can't wait for GPOKC to be held in kansas.

actually you can, since they are in fact, doing that

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

actually you can, since they are in fact, doing that

GP Oklahoma City is being held in Kansas?

The gently caress?

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

kizudarake posted:

The gently caress?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

kizudarake posted:

The gently caress?

no it's being held in san francisco

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

BJPaskoff posted:

I'll be there judging! Main event Saturday, sides on Sunday.

And you can see the Team MetaGameGurus.com jerseys in person!

This gives me the super douche chills. Kevin Jones is a cool guy though.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Jessup's neck beard is a thing of beauty.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

Jessup's neck beard is a thing of beauty.

He's also an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

mcmagic posted:

He's also an rear end in a top hat.

How odd those qualities usually goes hand in hand.

• Locked thread