Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Squirrel Girl is stuck in the past and brainstorming how to take out Dr. Doom after stealing his time machine. Some of the ideas they come up with are:

Also, Dr. Doom created his own programming language, because, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wonder Woman clearly not someone up to the task of being a soldier.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Power Girl had a baby?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
God, way to be condescending, Diana. "Oh you helped deliver two children? That's nice, get out now".

Although to be fair I wouldn't want a man made of radiation hanging around any babies either

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Aphrodite posted:

Power Girl had a baby?

I think you mean which Power Girl had a baby, that art looks like it's from one of the more confusing DC eras regarding PG.

Although to be honest, who would you rather have as your midwife, a magical lesbian from a land where medical care probably stopped around Pliny the Elder, or a modern soldier who actually has delivered children but just happens to be made of radiation inside a special insulating suit?

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
SG will never be dark enough to go with the only way to actually stop Doom from being Doom, which is to prevent :doom: REED RICHARDS :doom: from ever existing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

PicklePants posted:

SG will never be dark enough to go with the only way to actually stop Doom from being Doom, which is to prevent :doom: REED RICHARDS :doom: from ever existing.

Doom is Doom regardless of Reed. He just provides a convenient excuse.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Power Girl had a baby?

Yeah, it was back during the "Power Girl is an Atlantean descendant of Arion" era, and boy howdy was it a howling dog of a storyline. It's one of those things everyone in comics has quietly kicked under the rug and agreed to never bring up again.

At least it wasn't as bad as Ms. Marvel's virgin birth story....

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Power Girl had a baby?

During Zero Hour, yeah.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

:psyduck: so... They tried to shoehorn in a bad ripoff of the Emperor of Mankind as her baby?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
When I read "virgin birth" and "Atlantean" I somehow thought of this guy. His origin sounds hilarious:

Wikipedia of Wundrr, The Aquarian posted:

In July, 1951, Wundarr's ship is caught by Earth's gravitational pull, and passes through a layer of cosmic rays before entering Earth's atmosphere and crashing in a Florida swamp. An elderly couple known only as Maw and Paw observe the crash from their car. Paw considers checking out the crash site, but Maw insists that it might contain Martians or Communists and demands that he ignore it; thus, Wundarr remains in his ship for a number of years...

:allears:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Oh, Wundarr was great, like just about everything Steve Gerber created. My favorite bit is when the Thing ends up being Developmentally Challenged Superman's caretaker for a while and has no idea what to do:

only to have Namorita (who'd found him unconscious once, gave him mouth-to-mouth to revive him and thought "I'd like to do this sometime when he's awake") offer to take over his, er, education:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Selachian posted:

Yeah, it was back during the "Power Girl is an Atlantean descendant of Arion" era, and boy howdy was it a howling dog of a storyline. It's one of those things everyone in comics has quietly kicked under the rug and agreed to never bring up again.

So, she never gives the baby a name? Because that's the impression I'm getting from that article (which was good fun by the way - I especially liked the joke at Hal Jordan's expense).

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

While certainly funny I also posit that it'd count as badass and/or touching that the only Prime he considers worthy of fighting is Optimus :unsmith:

Also the adorable bang, bang, bang of his giant arm cannon.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Uthor posted:

Also, Dr. Doom created his own programming language, because, of course.

I'm both impressed and disappointed that his programming language isn't a series of insults directed at Reed Richards.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 2, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SilverSupernova posted:

I'm both impressed and disappointed that his programming language isn't a series of insults directed at Reed Richards.
I'm assuming that all the error messages this language generates are just variations on "RICHARDS!"

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm assuming that all the error messages this language generates are just variations on "RICHARDS!"

I guess we now know what OS the Doombots run on.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Canemacar posted:

I guess we now know what OS the Doombots run on.

Literally true. SG finds that after they see Doom's built a bunch of 60s-tech Doombots.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Literally true. SG finds that after they see Doom's built a bunch of 60s-tech Doombots.

Oh, and here I thought I was being clever.

Though I'm going with Evil Mastermind's version of things and all those "RICHARDS!" from the Doombots are BSOD equivalent.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Azrael may be the most 90s thing ever, but he's got a few really fun stories.

Detective Comics 672

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Azrael may be the most 90s thing ever, but he's got a few really fun stories.

Detective Comics 672

That storyline was really good!

And it turns out the pie was drugged and then Joker does Casablanca cosplay. And Joker has a 80s Hollywood man-ponytail the whole time.

edit:

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 3, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

HOW.

He's wearing a mask how's the pie drugging him?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SynthOrange posted:

HOW.

Aerosol? He's not lugging around oxygen tanks so some part of the outside air is entering his system.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Obviously he took off his mask to try the pie.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

SynthOrange posted:

HOW.

Jean Paul Valley is not a smart man.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

With Steven Seagal as the Joker.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Practical Demon posted:

With Steven Seagal as the Joker.

"I have a bone to pick with you, Senator. A funny bone."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

"I have a bone to pick with you, Senator. A funny bone."

"And you can take that to the bank. The blood bank!"

(an actual line from a Seagal movie)

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

"And you can take that to the bank. The blood bank!"

(an actual line from a Seagal movie)

Iirc the exact line is:

Senator on TV: "And you can take that to the bank!"
Seagal: "I'm going to take you to the bank senator, the blood bank"

Here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O-0PEFrGxs&t=34s

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Jean Paul Valley is not a smart man.

He honestly isn't.

Cangelosi fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 5, 2016

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Howard the Duck 7. A few good jokes at Cap and Spider Man's expense throughout the issue.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Man, if it weren't for the huge word bubble in the way, Spidey would make an amazing av.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Just based on what I've seen in this thread whoever is writing Howard the Duck should be writing Spider-Man.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Man, if it weren't for the huge word bubble in the way, Spidey would make an amazing av.

Here's a five-minute Paint hackjob.

Getting the text bubble out of the bit below that would take more skills than I have.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 5, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You could tweet the artist and hope there's text bubble-less pages out there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Travis343 posted:

Just based on what I've seen in this thread whoever is writing Howard the Duck should be writing Spider-Man.

I tweeted more or less this at Chip Zdarsky and he liked it.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

I can only find that was in a World's Finest comic from 1966.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Numero6 posted:

I can only find that was in a World's Finest comic from 1966.

Batpoon sounds like what Batman claims he's getting all the time when someone's calling his sexuality into question.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Both Adam and Burt were horndogs and would gently caress everyone who asked. It is known.

There were lots of Bat-Poon in '66.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I expected the bat-poon to be a little bigger than that