Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
Goddrat the intro to the new Crossthreaded is great. I love the throwaway line about Mustangs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYDQC0jdUoM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

I like Sun Country for domestic flights. Granted, MSP is their hub so it usually very convenient for me.

Internationally I've flown both Icelandair and SAS. Both are quite nice. Thanks Nordic countries!

Icelandair does a great job of convincing you that Iceland is an awesome place and everyone should visit it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

So I posted these partly in jest but:

Cakefool posted:

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
Don't stick your nose in where it doesn't belong, seems pretty good.

Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
Flip side of the above? No problem

When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
I have no problem with this one

If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy. Don't take poo poo from idiots, okay, seems a little extremely worded but again, flip side of the above

Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal. loving bingo right there.

Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
shalt not steal, gotcha.

Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.Kastein covered this one. :haw:

Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
I like this one. If you chose to do it to yourself it's on you.

Do not harm little children. No poo poo

Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food. I'm not a big hunting for sport fan anyway. What's a human animal?

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him. Strong wording but turning the other cheek just lets jerks be jerks. What's that they say about all evil needing to flourish?

I have no problem with these really, welp, looks like I'm a Satanist.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Satanism is basically christianity under another name minus the whole praying to someone that doesn't talk back.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Sigma X posted:

Goddrat the intro to the new Crossthreaded is great. I love the throwaway line about Mustangs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYDQC0jdUoM

We gotta protect the public.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Satanism is super nerdy but it gave us Kenneth Anger who fused homoeroticism with 1950s hot rod culture in Kustom Kar Kommandos and that was pretty great. :shrug:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

KozmoNaut posted:

Jesus seems like a pretty cool dude, it's the fan club that bothers me.

The fan club bothers a whole lot of people who groked what Jesus actually said and try to not be assholes. The modern church would be told to eat a dick by a returned Jesus... and the modern church would crucify the gently caress out of a returned Jesus all over again.

THe message really is as simple as "Dont be an rear end in a top hat" and yet it gets hosed up.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Hey guys

This month is pretty great, don't you think?

:unsmith:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Adiabatic posted:

Hey guys

maybe

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Adiabatic posted:

Hey guys

88 degrees yesterday here in seattle, which is really hot for this time of year.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
And on perfect timing, I finally got graded work from my stupid online programming class back, giving us the entire semester at once. Now I mathematically can't get anything better than an D, because I used "// Bonus:" instead of "// BONUS:" in my assignments and a couple didn't compile because I used C++11 features and I guess the professor decided that in TYOOL 2016 g++ -std=c++98 is still the way to go, but then again he's the kind of person who doesn't know how to use grep -i in his grading script and responded with "I'll be offering the class again in the fall" when I asked him about any kind of a correction because I turned in a litany of perfectly correct work that demonstrates a level of knowledge well beyond what's required by the class.

gently caress lovely College.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Would agree.
Weathers nice, gardens on the go, yard work getting done, and I bought a kick-rear end new RC that I can hoon the gently caress out of.
Plus, going to visit a friend and her kid tomorrow, so BABY CUDDLES. I loving love kids (not bringing kid chat back, just, kids are awesome. The wife and I are into "not trying not to" stage, and gods I can't wait)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Sinestro posted:

And on perfect timing, I finally got graded work from my stupid online programming class back, giving us the entire semester at once. Now I mathematically can't get anything better than an D, because I used "// Bonus:" instead of "// BONUS:" in my assignments and a couple didn't compile because I used C++11 features and I guess the professor decided that in TYOOL 2016 g++ -std=c++98 is still the way to go, but then again he's the kind of person who doesn't know how to use grep -i in his grading script and responded with "I'll be offering the class again in the fall" when I asked him about any kind of a correction because I turned in a litany of perfectly correct work that demonstrates a level of knowledge well beyond what's required by the class.

gently caress lovely College.

"I'll be offering the class again in the fall" is one of the harshest "gently caress you" replies you'll get from a professor, fyi. Sounds like there may be more than a minor mistake at play.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Adiabatic posted:

Hey guys

It needs to stop raining, I have a whole bunch of poo poo to paint outside so I can get the house ready for the appraisal for refinancing.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

meatpimp posted:

"I'll be offering the class again in the fall" is one of the harshest "gently caress you" replies you'll get from a professor, fyi. Sounds like there may be more than a minor mistake at play.

I don't know what I did. I mean, if he can see that I've not opened any of his lectures maybe he's angry at me for that, but it's not my fault that my school has a credit by examination policy not far from "gently caress off". I shouldn't be in this class at all, it's the basic 'intro to computar do the things' when I've taken most of the higher classes already by challenging the pre-req and gotten all As there and I've been programming since I was like six, but it turns out the class is required now.

This has been my only interaction with him other than emailing him like a month in to ask when he'd have some of the assignments graded because I was curious how I did, so I have no idea what it could be. Some people are just pricks, I guess.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

meatpimp posted:

I'm glad I went to college when I was pretty much the only person who knew what a "personal computer" or a "internet" was, it was a lot easier to avoid this kind of hassle because your profs had to do things like that to your face, giving you a chance to bullshit/plead your way to a passing grade in realtime rather than after they'd already sent you a scathing email about what a piece of poo poo you are.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Sinestro posted:

I don't know what I did. I mean, if he can see that I've not opened any of his lectures maybe he's angry at me for that, but it's not my fault that my school has a credit by examination policy not far from "gently caress off". I shouldn't be in this class at all, it's the basic 'intro to computar do the things' when I've taken most of the higher classes already by challenging the pre-req and gotten all As there and I've been programming since I was like six, but it turns out the class is required now.

This has been my only interaction with him other than emailing him like a month in to ask when he'd have some of the assignments graded because I was curious how I did, so I have no idea what it could be. Some people are just pricks, I guess.

So it was an online class and you didn't even open the lectures? Yes, he can see that. He can probably see when you log on, how much time you spend on and what you open/use while you're on.

If you didn't engage with any of that, you basically told him that you knew everything already and your poo poo would be straight correct.

poo poo wasn't straight correct and... welp.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm glad I went to college when I was pretty much the only person who knew what a "personal computer" or a "internet" was, it was a lot easier to avoid this kind of hassle because your profs had to do things like that to your face, giving you a chance to bullshit/plead your way to a passing grade in realtime rather than after they'd already sent you a scathing email about what a piece of poo poo you are.

One of my most sleazeball moments was my last semester of university where I went into my tax accounting prof's office with two coffees, bags of sugar and cream in hand and asked her if she could go over my final exam with me to see what I did wrong (I got blown the gently caress out of that test). Ended up arguing my way from a a high 30% to about 55% that pushed me from a fail to a C+.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

meatpimp posted:

So it was an online class and you didn't even open the lectures? Yes, he can see that. He can probably see when you log on, how much time you spend on and what you open/use while you're on.

If you didn't engage with any of that, you basically told him that you knew everything already and your poo poo would be straight correct.

Well, it was if you looked at it instead of taking points off for the wrong capitalization of a word and didn't stick the compiler into "party like it's 1998" mode for some reason, which is why it pisses me off. I can totally see why he'd see it like that though, I'm mostly just pissy I have to take the class at all.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Ordered a new headliner and some speakers and currently working from home.

:agreed:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Sinestro posted:

Well, it was if you looked at it instead of taking points off for the wrong capitalization of a word and didn't stick the compiler into "party like it's 1998" mode for some reason, which is why it pisses me off. I can totally see why he'd see it like that though, I'm mostly just pissy I have to take the class at all.

Could always go for the nuclear option, and reach out to the Dean if you feel like the prof is treating your work unreasonably.

It's a dick move, but sometimes the dick move is necessary.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

I already dropped the class that I was going to take over the summer and replaced it with this one, it's a little late considering that going back to the other class would mean getting onto the end of a 17 person waitlist, I just needed to vent for a moment because it's dumb.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

88h88 posted:

Seeing as this is the AI forum, can I have opinions on the film Speed Racer? Personally I feel it's a massively underrated film, pure joy from start to finish, and oh what a finish it is.
It is utterly, gloriously batshit, and I loved it.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

I got a bunch of wonderful appreciation notes from my students today as a surprise (apparently it's teacher appreciation day?).

I wanted to simultaneously cry and throw them in my rear end in a top hat principal's face.

E: that is on the p great side of things. I really take to heart what my students say, especially when it comes from someone unexpected.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Siochain posted:

Weathers nice, gardens on the go, yard work getting done, and I bought a kick-rear end new RC that I can hoon the gently caress out of.
What did you get?

88h88 posted:

Seeing as this is the AI forum, can I have opinions on the film Speed Racer? Personally I feel it's a massively underrated film, pure joy from start to finish, and oh what a finish it is.
Still watch it occasionally. It's so over the top it's great. Roommate in college and I probably watched it 2-3 times a month on the projector while pre-gaming.

:agreed: and it's going to be a good month all drat month long

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

LOL @ Donald Trump gutting and leaving to rot yet another career politician. The amount of political corpses in his wake is just mindblowing and it just better!

DISCLAIMER - NOT A POLITICAL OPINION ON HOW WORTHY CANDIDATES ARE FROM HEREON

As much as the pundit class are all thinking Trump doesn't have a chance, the sheer carnage he has unleashed on the political class frankly says to me Clinton or Sanders are in for a much much tougher fight than they imagined 6 months ago. This is truly facinating to watch - there's going to be all sorts of textbooks and many MANY words written about this election season, it's truly remarkable.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BraveUlysses posted:

88 degrees yesterday here in seattle, which is really hot for this time of year.

That poo poo was uncalled for. And its ~75 today. Gonna have to break out the AC unit I bought last summer so I can sleep.

And since my new miata only has a hard top, I haven't been able to enjoy the weather with the top down. At least the cockpit cover I ordered should show up in a couple days so I can take the roof off for a couple days.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Was it the chat thread, or the mechanical failures thread, where everyone was discussing how terrible push-button park switches are?

Because today a customer rolled into the service drive in his Prius and hopped out of his car, while said Prius continued onward until it met the back of another customer's Camry with like ten people watching. :laugh:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Weimar citizen circa 1933 posted:

As much as the pundit class are all thinking Trump doesn't have a chance, the sheer carnage he has unleashed on the political class frankly says to me Clinton or Sanders are in for a much much tougher fight than they imagined 6 months ago. This is truly facinating to watch - there's going to be all sorts of textbooks and many MANY words written about this election season, it's truly remarkable.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Haha Trump is going to be president. Whats the over/under on him getting assassinated?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Obama's made it this far, and look at his detractors.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

leica posted:

Haha Trump is going to be president. Whats the over/under on him getting assassinated?

If Obama hasnt been shot, I doubt Trump will be.

I didnt say it was a good thing, it's just more of a remarkable thing. A truly remarkable yoooog and luxurious thing.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

And Cruz drops out... that's kinda sudden with the rhetoric he was throwing just a couple days ago...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

leica posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No. He won't.

meatpimp posted:

And Cruz drops out... that's kinda sudden with the rhetoric he was throwing just a couple days ago...

"Here's my running mate Carly, aaaaaaannnnnndddd PEACE BITCHES!"

2016 has not been a good year for us, especially the past month:

Cat needed emergency surgery for a blocked urethra ($500)
Screen controller on my phone failed (LG G4) and then my backup Samsung Galaxy 4 failed a week later. I have no phone
About to deploy for a couple months of Air Force
We owed taxes this year. And found out our insurance failed to pay a bill more than a year ago. So we owe that too.
Someone sliced the sidewall on my Audi's tires. Not even a year old.

All of this in the last month.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 4, 2016

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

meatpimp posted:

That being said, its kind of lovely to not return any work until right before the end of the semester. If the first assignment was returned showing formatting mistakes he could have corrected it at the beginning of the semester rather than being hosed over now.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No. He won't.

I know, it was more of a response to the republicans basically failing at their dumb plan....Now they're desperate what will they do now? KILL HIIIIIMMMMM

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

meatpimp posted:

Kinda hard to stay in when he said Indiana was a must win and he got not just beaten but torn to shreds - He got the political equivalent of having his lower intestine ripped out and Trump wearing it as a scarf... that joins the scarfs and ties Trump has made out of everyone that's gone against him this election cycle.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
So glad that I went out and voted today.

Edit: only time it's ever felt like it made a loving difference. No theocracy for at least another 4 years.

rdb fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

rdb posted:

So glad that I went out and voted today.

Edit: only time it's ever felt like it made a loving difference. No theocracy for at least another 4 years.

Yeah one thing I will say is as scary as four year of trump sounds, four years of Cruz seemed horrific.

• Locked thread