Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Discendo Vox posted:

if you have already found all 3 locations, then, due to this prior knowledge, you can assume that the other locations have no pallets.

:monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Afraid of Audio posted:

skunkrocker has the wrong opinion again i see

But only this time was it because I was inebriated. All the other times I was a sober idiot.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so which one is worse, drunkrocker or skunkrocker

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

It's the reductio counterexample to the Monte Carlo problem that discussing the outcomes invariably produces. Look at the context.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

BillmasterCozb posted:

so which one is worse, drunkrocker or skunkrocker

both were fun when i met him t b h

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Photographer ees teammate too!

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

both were fun when i met him t b h

for all that we poo poo on him here skunkrocker is fine people, just needs to lay off the sauce a bit

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Discendo Vox posted:

It's the reductio counterexample to the Monte Carlo problem that discussing the outcomes invariably produces. Look at the context.

I see someone learned some new vocabulary words today.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Take a drink, Skunkrocker.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Hey goons, has anyone here seen the 2013 Point Break remake that the DLC is based on? I liked the original 90's Point Break and Keanu Reeve's very believable performance as "World's Worst FBI Agent", but the new one seems like a subpar xXx knockoff. It is it somehow actually worth a watch?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Most of the reviews I've seen for it say its incredibly boring, trading goofy acting from the original for a bunch of extreme sports shots that don't move the heists, drama or plot along and genuinely unfun as it tries to take this X-TREME SPORTS schlock seriously. Maybe you can enjoy it as a different kind of bad movie, but I'll stick to the 91 film.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Ripper Swarm posted:

Hey goons, has anyone here seen the 2013 Point Break remake that the DLC is based on? I liked the original 90's Point Break and Keanu Reeve's very believable performance as "World's Worst FBI Agent", but the new one seems like a subpar xXx knockoff. It is it somehow actually worth a watch?

For what it's worth I saw it and can't remember anything about it. Saw it recently too.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I honestly couldn't get through the first scene.

That had nothing to do with the movie though, the Redbox copy I had was all hosed up. :v:

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
I saw Point Break while on the plane, pretty meh. Would not pay money to watch again.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I saw it and don't remember hating it, but I barely remember anything about it. It wasn't just because I was drunk at the theater, either. I can get pretty tore up and still have a good memory. I'm pretty sure it was just that forgettable, aside from some lovely scenery footage.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Hardcore Henry however was fantastic.

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior
Fun things of note from my last session with the beta:

1) The bug where your gun gets swapped for your melee if you melee during a reload is the best. I want a mutator that makes all guns and droppable items invisible (outlines are okay). We'll call it Mime Crime Time.

2) Don't tell your crew you're using a Steam controller on a map with driving segments. You become the designated driver.

3) If you ARE using a Steam controller and have become the designated driver, make a separate action profile for driving. Otherwise you discover binding the sprint key to the edge of your movement touchpad results in the best and worst way to drive in the game.

4) Moving Target on a touchpad with edge sprinting is fun. I've yet to try it on a suit build, but I'm tempted to.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
You know what this game needs? An enema The ability to throw loot bags at cops and knock them down. It won't damage them or anything, but potentially push them to the floor and maybe make them rag doll before they try to get back up. Plenty of time to either shoot or just laugh at them.

EDIT: UPDATE TIME!

quote:

Skills beta update 2 changelog
Update size: 23.3 MB

Skills beta
Evasion aced fall damage reduction effect now works without investing in any skills
Reduced Heavy Impact Basic chance to activate from 20% to 5%
Reduced Heavy Impact Ace chance to activate from 60% to 20%
The ability to reload while running has been added to the Evation Ace skill
The Gun Nut skill will now correctly incease the rate of fire for pistols by 50%
Removed total ammo penalty from shotgun ammo type 000 Buckshot.
Ammo pick up is no longer limited for shotgun ammo types.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 3, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Patch notes

Evasion aced fall damage reduction effect now works without investing in any skills
Reduced Heavy Impact Basic chance to activate from 20% to 5%
Reduced Heavy Impact Ace chance to activate from 60% to 20%

The ability to reload while running has been added to the Evation Ace skill
The Gun Nut skill will now correctly incease the rate of fire for pistols by 50%
Removed total ammo penalty from shotgun ammo type 000 Buckshot.
Ammo pick up is no longer limited for shotgun ammo types.

SOILED IT!

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
000 Buckshot is now just a straight +15 damage with no downsides (assuming they didn't gently caress up normalizing the pick up rate modifier or whatever). Maybe that's their way of making the shotgun damage skills less necessary.

Minimal falling damage for free is cool I guess. I kinda miss Cat Burglar basic for small amounts of intentional health damage but that's already gone, so I'll happily take more stuff for free. The adjustment to sprinting not canceling a reload is gonna be weird, though.

Also I hope they get rid of Heavy Impact knocking down bulldozers because as funny as it is, it makes it way loving harder to just kill the bastard. Stand up and take your bullets to the face, mister.

Oh! And you can spend your last skill point, finally. So that's good.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

ClonedPickle posted:

000 Buckshot is now just a straight +15 damage with no downsides (assuming they didn't gently caress up normalizing the pick up rate modifier or whatever). Maybe that's their way of making the shotgun damage skills less necessary.

Does it still reduce your max ammo?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Doesn't look like it:

"Removed total ammo penalty from shotgun ammo type 000 Buckshot. "

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

No, hence the no downsides. I went in-game and put 'em in my 1014; +15 damage, no other effect. Total ammo the same, and now it does over 80 damage without Overkill active (but still with the other +damage skills).

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Doesn't the 000 fire less projectiles per shot?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

No. Also lol @ it having no penalties at all :wtc:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
We've fixed the need for shotgun damage skills to make them viable; instead of spending skill points, just spend $2.99!

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

RandallODim posted:

We've fixed the need for shotgun damage skills to make them viable; instead of spending skill points, just spend $2.99!

Pretty sure everyone gets a few units of 000 for free.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

No. Also lol @ it having no penalties at all :wtc:

I would have sworn it did. That's really stupid.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

ClonedPickle posted:

Maybe that's their way of making the shotgun damage skills less necessary.

Less necessary to hit the current breakpoints, sure. But a flat damage boost makes an extra X% damage even more appealing, and might push a new breakpoint. Not that I'm complaining. It gives people an option to drop a skill if they're scrounging for points.

Runcible Spoon
Sep 20, 2012
Uh, in the latest beta patch, does anyone else suddenly have Cable Guy duplicated in the middle of the Tech tree, like so?

I mean, it replaced a skill that wasn't implemented yet anyways, but :crossarms:

e: vvv We really need a picture of Overkill's logo slowly falling over for situations like this. They fix a few smaller things and manage to introduce an infinite skill point bug that can be done with a few clicks.

Runcible Spoon fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 3, 2016

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It's not just a duplicate. If you don't mind potentially locking Tier 1 Breacher forever, you can buy Cable Guy from Mastermind and sell it from Technician for more points than you paid.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Runcible Spoon posted:

e: vvv We really need a picture of Overkill's logo slowly falling over for situations like this. They fix a few smaller things and manage to introduce an infinite skill point bug that can be done with a few clicks.

Maybe a bomb tipping over, then exploding in a "fart"

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

It looks like optic illusions is also working, now. You can hit some truly outrageous concealment ratings. Aced version might be broken, though?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Discendo Vox posted:

Maybe a bomb tipping over, then exploding in a "fart"

Maybe the Joe Dirt scene where the man lops off the top of the septic tank?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Do not ace Optic Illusions.

E: I'm serious. It produces a level of instability that... Well, I'm still trying to fix it. Basically, if you look at certain silenced weapons in your inventory, the game instantly crashes. This is bad, for obvious reasons. And if you have that weapon equipped, the game will crash whenever you try to go into your inventory to unequip it, or to get ride of aced Optic Illusions.

BLT mod to fix the issue here, courtesy of some guy on Reddit.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 3, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

How the Tech tree bug works if you lock it out. I think you should fill out Tiers 1 and 2 before you try it, locked 2/5 of my Breacher trees with only three extra points.

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!
Broken beta is broken.

(look at my total skill points)

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

I gotta install this beta, looks wacky as poo poo

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

IndianaZoidberg posted:

Broken beta is broken.

(look at my total skill points)

Making a build has never been easier!