Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think that's just some kind of default response. As in 'we haven't responded yet'. It really confused me when I had an open ticket a while ago.
Things only really started happening when I got mad at them on their facebook page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Assuming I know nothing about force composition in Deadzone, how essential or usable immediately are the Forge Father vehicles in the booster set? My FLGS is doing its once a year order from Mantic and I'm torn on if I want to get the starter alone or the starter with the booster. Also, how usable will those two bikes be in Firefight? Is there a minimum unit size or can field two no problem?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

A standard strike team is 100 points; for comparison, a Steel Warrior is 21, a Brokkr 16, and a Forge Guard 30, while a Mining Drill is 16, a bike is 23, and a bomb bot is 8. So yes, plenty usable, but essential or not depends on how often you like to change things up, or play with say a 200 point force.

Current Firefight Alpha has 2-6 Valkyr bikers per squad, the upper limit may change, but I doubt the minimum ever will. The Mining Drill is a 1 per squad upgrade to a Brokkr squad (replaces 2 Brokkrs), which is 5-10 Brokkrs, so you're fine there too.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:11 on May 4, 2016

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Thank you man who lives near my time zone.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

got my lockdown, good sprues

e: the plague aberration is goofy

Phoon fucked around with this message at 10:50 on May 4, 2016

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
The local FLGS is trying to actually get Deadzone going this time by offering steep discounts on old Deadzone boxes if you order anything new. So I grabbed the old support and brokkr boosters which means I'll be able to field two squads of the brokkrs in Firefight and three bikes.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The most expensive one squad of Brokkrs can be is 280 points, which is +5 brokkrs, plus drill (-2 brokkrs), magma rifles, and both leader types. 3 Valkyrs are 90 points, 130 with a leader. Currently, anyway. Added to what you can do with the Steel Warrior multikit and the Forge Guard squad, that's a good chunk of Firefight points.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Mystery package arriving from DPD. I didn't get a dispatch notice from Mantic but I have a sneaking suspicion I'll have Deadzone in less than an hour.

Oh wait, it's DPD. Might see it in a month.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

NTRabbit posted:

The most expensive one squad of Brokkrs can be is 280 points, which is +5 brokkrs, plus drill (-2 brokkrs), magma rifles, and both leader types. 3 Valkyrs are 90 points, 130 with a leader. Currently, anyway. Added to what you can do with the Steel Warrior multikit and the Forge Guard squad, that's a good chunk of Firefight points.

This will be in addition to my Forge Fathers battle group.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Turns out it wasn't Deadzone, but a Kickstarter game I'd forgotten about.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

glitchkrieg posted:

Turns out it wasn't Deadzone, but a Kickstarter game I'd forgotten about.

I've had that before; Deadzone is being shipped with TNT

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
poo poo, it's never getting throughUS customs with that in the box.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

poo poo, it's never getting throughUS customs with that in the box.

Don't worry about it, Cousin Omar had them stamp FARM EQUIPMENT on all the boxes, so it should go through unhindered like all of his deliveries

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Phoon posted:

got my lockdown, good sprues

e: the plague aberration is goofy

Goofy how? I have a feeling I ordered one. I am a big fan of the Stage I - I have three.

Infestation was my first kickstarter. I take it the number of backers is such that the deliveries are a bit sporadic. I know that there are a number of guys in this thread who have had some problems. Do they tend to send out the higher paying backers first? I took the quarantine pledge.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

No idea what order they did them in, I'm assuming easiest to pack

Aberration fro the facebook group:

Also upcoming Stonehaven halflings from the KS

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2087444096/halfling-adventurers-miniatures/posts/1565609

Can't get the images to work here

Good for Rhordia halfling heroes

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 4, 2016

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ronnie seems to imply they assembly line the packing, so I imagine they just do it at random or something.

Is that the new 'KoW restic' or whatever premium name they're giving it? It looks excellent, much sharper than PP restic.

NTRabbit, from the other thread, do you know if the unicast stuff is line wide for that line or just for the board game? I was thinking of buying one or two of those.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Spiderdrake posted:

Ronnie seems to imply they assembly line the packing, so I imagine they just do it at random or something.

Is that the new 'KoW restic' or whatever premium name they're giving it? It looks excellent, much sharper than PP restic.

NTRabbit, from the other thread, do you know if the unicast stuff is line wide for that line or just for the board game? I was thinking of buying one or two of those.

They do it from lowest pledge level to highest pledge level, and I think they do the no-add ons pledges first because they're the easiest.

Yes, that's the new restic, boardgame plastic they call it, it's like 3rd or 4th generation restic, which is an evolving process.

Not really sure, you'd have to ask Prodos. So far all of the physical minis they've shown off have been from Space Crusade, at least, seems likely the whole lot will follow.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

the quality of all my dudes is amazing, metals probably the worst and even thats just standard metal flash

e: the rat swarms are my favourite

Phoon fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 4, 2016

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The restic is done by the Wrath of Kings dudes and it's really good. Almost HIPS quality, except for long thin pieces, which I think Mantic avoided this time.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I want my box already damnit, still no shipping notice :argh:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Given my luck with Mantic's kick starters so far I'm imagining I'm in the heavily delayed half of the Lockdown pledges.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

NTRabbit posted:

I want my box already damnit, still no shipping notice :argh:
Mantic provides shipping notices???

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Captain Invictus posted:

Mantic provides shipping notices???

Everyone has been so far this time, from TNT. Whether I will or not depends on whether they're using TNT for Australia, as they've used a different courier for us in the past, ie UPS for AUNZ vs FedEx for North America

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Just got my Deadzone shipment today, a guy I know got his yesterday. I'm in the UK. Need to check the packing list against what I pledge for but I think everything is here. Sprues look good so far.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

krushgroove posted:

Just got my Deadzone shipment today, a guy I know got his yesterday. I'm in the UK. Need to check the packing list against what I pledge for but I think everything is here. Sprues look good so far.

Did you get a dispatch notice?

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I'm a Canuck and I just got mine, no notice or email unless it went to my spam.

NTRabbit posted:

Also upcoming Stonehaven halflings from the KS

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2087444096/halfling-adventurers-miniatures/posts/1565609

Good for Rhordia halfling heroes

Smoking halfling skeleton is my spirit mini.

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 5, 2016

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Weirdo posted:

I'm a Canuck and I just got mine, no notice or email unless it went to my spam.
Any additional fees? I've read horror stories about DHL.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Spiderdrake posted:

Any additional fees? I've read horror stories about DHL.

No fees, and it was Canada post for Infestation (and KoW 2). They switched from DHL since Dungeon Saga thankfully. I had to pay an extra $40 and drive out to their shipping depot to get it.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
I've not gotten a shipping notice or my rules PDF yet, and from what you folks are saying I might not ever get them. And with the absurd frequency of their Kickstarters, they should know how to handle things better by now.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

An Angry Bug posted:

I've not gotten a shipping notice or my rules PDF yet, and from what you folks are saying I might not ever get them. And with the absurd frequency of their Kickstarters, they should know how to handle things better by now.

Check your email, the code to get your PDF copy on Mantic Digital went out weeks ago. As for shipping notice, everyone getting theirs via TNT got a notice, which means it's possible to send them - so try directing some invective at whatever courier company delivers it to you if you don't get notice, because they're the one providing the inferior service.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

glitchkrieg posted:

Did you get a dispatch notice?

Nope, but it shipped within the UK, don't know if that makes a difference.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

NTRabbit posted:

Check your email, the code to get your PDF copy on Mantic Digital went out weeks ago. As for shipping notice, everyone getting theirs via TNT got a notice, which means it's possible to send them - so try directing some invective at whatever courier company delivers it to you if you don't get notice, because they're the one providing the inferior service.

Is that link to the beta rules they sent before a bunch of updates talking about playtesting? Because I can't find any sort of code in their emails to me. And I've made absolutely sure to finish the pledge manager on time, and have the receipt email for that.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I got my package. Apparently JackMack circa April 2015 was into enforcers, I got that booster rather than the plague one I thought I was getting. I got it mixed up with my warpath order. It all looks great. I think I will see about giving the veermyn normal heads and leaving off the tails so they can be little mutant miners instead.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

An Angry Bug posted:

Is that link to the beta rules they sent before a bunch of updates talking about playtesting? Because I can't find any sort of code in their emails to me. And I've made absolutely sure to finish the pledge manager on time, and have the receipt email for that.

quote:

You've got a new book at Mantic Digital

Hi NTRabbit

As a Deadzone Infestation Kickstarter Backer you've unlocked the new Deadzone Rulebook and Deadzone Infestation on Mantic Digital. Use the coupon code below to add this book to your Mantic Digital account.

Enter coupon code xxxx at checkout to have your discount applied. You can also use this discount to upgrade both books to the enhanced eBook versions for a special low price.

Like always if you run into any problems please drop connect to our support channel on Slack.

Arrived in a mailchimp blast on March 18th

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Update: Seems like my order was split into two boxes, yet only the first arrived today, oddly enough. At least the shipping receipt mentions the 2 boxes, otherwise I'd be crying over my missing Ogre Terminator.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Just got my shipping notice from FedEx :neckbeard:

Single box shipping on the 6th, scheduled delivery by 5pm on the 10th, that's a snappy time frame for Nottingham to Australia

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Are you in SA or NT, NTrabbit?

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I think I transformed my GW addiction to a mantic addiction; in addition to my undead and dwarf mantic armies, I've purchased an ogre big starter set and I managed to find a cheap (out of print?) orc boss man on the boar with the flag dude and goblin/baby orc, so I'm going to end up making a warstore order for an orc box next week. And drums, those drums look cool.

I'd say send help, but I don't mind giving mantic more money.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Finally got a test game in of Warpath Firefight yesterday against my brother.

Armies:

Forge Fathers
6 Brokkers + 2x Magma Rifle
6 Brokkers + 1x Magma Rifle
6 Brokkers + Inferno Drill + Artificer
2 Valkyrs
5 Forge Guard + Missile Launcher + Unit Leader
Jotunn Urban Demolisher
Forge Lord
Total 1000pts, 5 command

GCPS
6 Marines + 2 Grenade Launchers
6 Marines + 2 Grenade Launchers
5 Marines + 2 Grenade Launchers
5 Marines + Laser Cannon
10 Veterans + Lieutenant + 2 Flamethrowers + Medic
Lancer Battle Tank
General
Total 995pts, 3 command

Terrain:

We styled it as the outposts of a settlement. The landing pad is a hill with barricades as suggested. The blue tower, unpainted ruined shipping crate, crystal forest and the raised platform on the yellow building are defensible. The yellow buildings are fortified, with the small one holding 5 and the big one 10. We couldn't really find any rules for baricades, so we made them decorative. And of course, the statue of Chief Brokker Nukem is impassible. We probably could have used one more crystal forest on the bottom, but no big deal.

Missions and Deployment:
We did mission 1, with 4 objectives. The secret objectives were

ForgeFathers: 13 (No objectives, extra kill points), 15 (Commander must survive), 21 (Kill enemy General)
GCPS: 13 (No objectives, extra kill points), 25 (Kill most expensive unit), 23 (extra VP for every Infantry or large Infantry killed)

GCPS won initiative and deployed in the city:

Most of his infantry and his general are hidden behind the landing pad. The unit of vets is in the front.
Forge Fathers mostly deployed in a line. I forgot about Mobile Defenses on the Jotunn or I would have deployed it a bit further back.

Turn 1:

Not much happens. Both sides move up. Potshots from the Valkyr and the Forge Guard take out two basic Marines. The Lancer and the Laser Cannon Marines try to take out the Urban Demolisher, but it barely hangs on with two damage. The Forge Father heavy weapons manage to do two damage to the Lancer.

Turn 2:

Bloody. The Lancer starts of the turn, vaporizing the Urban Demolisher but the explosion causes no casualties. The group of Brokkers with one Magma Rifle jump into the large piece of fortified terrain and shoot at the Veterans, but only cause a couple casualties. The Vets shrug off the Supression with their Headstrong rule, and eliminate the fortified Brokkers with their Flamethrowers. The Forge Guard retaliate, destroying a large portion of the Veterans, including their Medic. The Mining Laser is ordered to Firestorm the Lancer, but gets nothing done. The Valkr and the Forge Lord each take down a single Marine with shooting, and one of the Valkyrs dies to Grenade and Laser Cannon fire. The other unit of Magma Brokers are ordered to Move Move Move with 2 dice, intending to get into the smaller Fortified Terrain, but both dice come up as 1. Didn't matter anyway, the Brokers wouldn't be able to all touch the terrain with 8" and the terrain couldn't fit their squad size anyway.

Turn 3:

With the initiative sliding to the Forge Fathers, the Brokkers are ordered to Firestorm the Lancer and the closer group of Marines on the Landing Pad. Even with two Magma Rifles, only one hit is scored and it comes up as a 1 to damage. The Hailstorm Pistols do better, eliminating the Marines despite their cover. Retaliation is minimal, and only two standard Brokkers are removed. The Forge Guard open up on the other unit of Marines, and the Missile Launcher pretty much destroys them by itself. The remaining Valkyr is killed before he can act, and the Vets rally and hide behind the yellow building. The Mining Laser takes a potshot at the General, scoring a wound before he tries to get out of dodge.

Turn 4:

The Brokkers hop into the terrain, and finish off the Vets. They take return fire from the remaining Marines, but poor rolling only kills two more. The Forge Guard move as fast as their tiny legs can carry them, wanting to get a bead on the GCPS General, but are decimated by the Lancer. I took this picture too early, but I moved the Forge Lord into the shadow of the smaller yellow building.

Turn 5:

The Lancer attempts to finish off the Forge Guard, but misses despite a Firestorm order. The Forge Guard run into the shadow of the Landing Pad, but the General was too fast for them and is hiding on the other side - there's not enough time left to flush him out. The Laser Cannon Marines finish off the Mining Laser Brokkers. The three Marines jump into the larger yellow building and shoot at the Forge Lord, but Def 6+ is hard to surpass. He responds by charging the terrain, but between a Shoot Charge Reaction and the +1 to hit for the Marines in combat, he's taken down. Later, I realized I forgot about his Shield, and he should have lived. Regardless, it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

We called it instead of playing out another turn.

Victory for the GCPS! The end result was something like 27-21. I'll post the thoughts on the rules in a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did you 3D-print a dildo tank