Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Or are you suggesting they cast women thinner than they were drawn originally? Because I don't think that's the case either.

Edit: Of course my non-quoting response starts the new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Slugworth posted:

Or are you suggesting they cast women thinner than they were drawn originally? Because I don't think that's the case either.

Edit: Of course my non-quoting response starts the new page.

To be fair, it looks as if he made Supershock thinner too.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Picayune posted:

So it's basically C.H.O.M.P.S.

Allahu Akbark.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I don't know why but Madsen in superhero rags makes me chuckle. Also that girl on the right is just warming her hands over a campfire and the dude on the left is about to punch those flames real hard.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Christ that looks bad.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Mister Chief posted:

Christ that looks bad.

Like, even it was trying entirely to be tongue in cheek it's still horrible.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Palpek posted:

I don't know why but Madsen in superhero rags makes me chuckle.

It's because you're thinking of him as Bud from Kill Bill and his loser life after giving up the assassin life, now but this time, he's not an assassin but a superhero. If Hancock didn't have it's redemption arc and it was really just "drunk Superman", he would have been perfectly cast.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Michael Madsen can be good if used properly, it's just that 99% of the time it seems like he's in a movie because he's easy to get and will take any role.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This summer, Michael Madsen is Jerry Lawler

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Christ that looks bad.

The show isn't much better.

(But I watch it anyway)

e: The show opens with an underage girl blowing a superhero because swallowing will give her temporary powers.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

(But I watch it anyway)

e: The show opens with an underage girl blowing a superhero because swallowing will give her temporary powers.

what

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

MacheteZombie posted:

(But I watch it anyway)

No loving way.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt2znyyXt3g

e: I guess they don't explain it right away, but it's revealed later in the episode.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

(But I watch it anyway)

Yeah, yeah we all saw Kim's sex tape.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

MacheteZombie posted:

(But I watch it anyway)

:crossarms:

Uhhhhhhh

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

Yeah, yeah we all saw Kim's sex tape.

If Ray J was a superhero maybe he would have been a better rapper

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

(But I watch it anyway)

Was that in the Bendis comic? Because I don't seem to remember that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

flosofl posted:

I have no clue, I had never heard of Powers until a friend was raving about it.

e: Honestly, that bit is probably the "edgiest" thing the show does, but it was extremely offputting at first.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It sounds like something that would have been in the comic. Bendis is involved with the writing of the show anyway.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
They couldn't use any better descriptors for Yaya Dacosta?

Beau Knapp's isn't much better either.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Attitude isn't an adjective

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The only good descriptions are Gosling's and Crowe's. It feels like they had to come up with the other ones to match them and had like one afternoon for it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Killer And Attitude sounds like a Japanese noise band.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

"Calm and Connected" is pretty good

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Palpek posted:

The only good descriptions are Gosling's and Crowe's. It feels like they had to come up with the other ones to match them and had like one afternoon for it.

Yeah this doesn't feel like a character poster cavalcade movie at all. I just skimmed past and didn't realize it was The Nice Guys until I got to Gosling and Crowe.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

flosofl posted:

It was in the comic, but not shown.

A woman, who was a superhero groupie, was being interviewed over the death of a major player. She mentioned that a friend of hers once went down on a powered guy and, "Like, for an hour or so, could hover a few feet off the ground."

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

A woman, who was a superhero groupie, was being interviewed over the death of a major player. She mentioned that a friend of hers once went down on a powered guy and, "Like, for an hour or so, could hover a few feet off the ground."

Pretty much how it plays out in the show, with a scene showing the girl heading down and the hero's eyes turning red when he orgasms added.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gorilla Salad posted:

So it's just an edgy ripoff of Rogue from xmen.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

"Killer and Attitude," what the gently caress

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

What if you took the idea from Enemy poster but made the city panorama part look like a really bad haircut:

For reference:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

Right. I was confused since I didn't remember any panels like that. But I get that TV/Film != comic book.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

They couldn't use any better descriptors for Yaya Dacosta?

"Sassy" was allready taken.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
The problem with those Nice Guys posters is that some of them are actually phrases that already contain a noun (killer attitude, shady lady). You can't just pretend they're both adjectives like the rest.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I think that was the initial intent and then they ran out of ideas.

He's locked AND loaded, whoooaaa!
She's slutty AND manages an Applebee's, wooeeehhhh....

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I didn't know Cable was in this movie

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

I din't understand the connection, but I also don't care, these are pretty nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

It's set in the 80s