Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

CainFortea posted:

All I know was this morning there was no blacklist, and people I know and trust were glad to see her go.

:shrug:

"yo were happy to see the dedicated leader of ITL leave"

alright insane guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Orange Red Bull posted:

"I know all these things about all these people but I wont say nothin scouts honour" best wishes all toodles, oh and insert reddit bait classic unsubstantiated accusations right here for my new overlords upvotes to the left.

The difference there being "members" and "the leadership".

"members" was a very intentional wording on my part as in all these things it is only ever members who are hurt when people want to lash out. Which is why I would never taken advantage of it. Screwing over Katho by stealing his isk or Firvain or Miniluv or the ITL staff members was the things I could do but It wouldn't have made a difference on the levels were the original problems were. In fact I'm fairly certain that the leadership would have been grateful if I had stolen everything not nailed down. It would have made for a cleaner cut from the genuine issues.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
Jesus Christ, is clinical narcissism a requirement for Illum?

They said a bad thing about me! BLACKLIST!

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
It's amazing how everyone who leaves GSF turns out to have been a rascal, scoundrel, and also a spy. Good on you guys for cleaning out the riffraff.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

no criticizing leadership allowed

thats stupid because I've openly criticized our current direction on this forum and on goonfleet.com and in Elysium. I've yet to get a Cease and Desist or a "Leave and don't come back".

It's almost like there absolutely must be more to these "And I totally got blacklisted" stories because they sound sketchy as gently caress.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
welcome, string of people outside looking in and also garr khan

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hello i literally called sion peepants in aad and they made me mod again, im sure talking poo poo is banned

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Zasze posted:

Space Violence lives on forever in spirit.

Eldwinn and I want to found Space Violence dotdot2.0dotdot

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

thats stupid because I've openly criticized our current direction on this forum and on goonfleet.com and in Elysium. I've yet to get a Cease and Desist or a "Leave and don't come back".

It's almost like there absolutely must be more to these "And I totally got blacklisted" stories because they sound sketchy as gently caress.

ya, alright, lemme buy your anecdotal evidence instead of others

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

no criticizing leadership allowed

Where do you get this idea?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

hello i literally called sion peepants in aad and they made me mod again, im sure talking poo poo is banned

Could you lock this thread?

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/top...ot-red-crosses/

I forgot to do that.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

"Some shady poo poo" isn't a criticism. It's a baseless accusation meant specifically to get as much attention as possible from the people she is joining.

Also, I didn't say I'm glad to see her go?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

Could you lock this thread?

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/top...ot-red-crosses/

I forgot to do that.

no you didnt

oh wait logs say weasel did it today

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

CainFortea posted:

"Some shady poo poo" isn't a criticism. It's a baseless accusation meant specifically to get as much attention as possible from the people she is joining.

I can honestly say that the reddit thread is the last thing I wanted.

And I have to be truthful about why I'm leaving. If I say "toodles!" and just run off then people will get the wrong idea.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

"Oh hey guy on the inside, your view is completely wrong I can tell from the outside because I have a clear view of the"

Meanwhile you can search my posts in the last eve thread and find me literally calling GSF TheMittaniMedia Online and yet I'm still on the inside pissing out.

There's plenty of room for criticism here, and no one is sending Digi out to knock down doors/cart off the unbelievers.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

And I have to be truthful about why I'm leaving. If I say "toodles!" and just run off then people will get the wrong idea.

"im leaving because people do shady poo poo, and im going to the place that just publicly posted google maps view of mittani's house"

this is why i said join groon! im not saying your reason is valid or not, im sayin The Other Guys Definitely Do Bad too

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Zephyrine posted:

No that was your opportunity to go into more detail about just WTF you are talking about. And since you are blacklisted anyway you should spill, otherwise it all looks like the same baseless BS we've seen tossed around elsewhere.

(I am sorry to see you go however and wish you would change your mind and head to Syndicate)

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

im going to the place that just publicly posted google maps view of mittani's house

When did this happen?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Zephyrine posted:

I did even worse. I repaid a 31 billion isk loan before leaving :psyduck:

Ethics in video game ...

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

SperginMcBadposter posted:

When did this happen?

one of the reddit threads, the post got nuked super quick though

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

one of the reddit threads, the post got nuked super quick though

Make sure to screencap it if you see stuff like that, we don't want people who do poo poo like that in horde.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

Well unfortunately, leaving and going to an alliance that ostensibly hates our guts, during a war, while they have people who can forum-dump goonfleetdotcom, will lead to them seizing on your post and shaking you for all the spin victory they can, even when you try to not be a pawn in the machine, there you have it. This is why we said join groon if you were truly tired of metagaming space bullshit :shobon:

Regardless of whether you were actual leadership or not, you were a generally well-liked, high-visibility pilot within the alliance, and leaving due to unspecified reasons and going to the opposing alliance is an easy PR victory and a mad upvote circle jerk for them. It's also a bit of a morale hit due to now a lot of the line members will internally ask "what is this shady unspecified poo poo going down in my alliance? are the bad guys right?" If you're going to hint at poo poo, just rip the bandage off and let some sun on the rotten poo poo, else it's just going to start festering.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 3, 2016

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Make sure to screencap it if you see stuff like that, we don't want people who do poo poo like that in horde.

Only because it gives them an autovouch to PL :laugh:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Zephyrine posted:

People are already getting the wrong idea, though. Just like when Blawrf left or Endie left. We just don't know which people have the wrong idea, whether it's the people on reddit running with ~the narrative~ or whether it's the non-direkkktors ITT who think the narrative is exaggerated or baseless or misunderstood or hypocritical because they trust Dear Leader. And we'll never know until someone decides to actually substantiate what they're accusing people of.

You can be as truthful as you like. But if you want to keep people from getting the wrong idea the only way you can do that is to fully present the right one. Otherwise people take what you say and fill in the blanks for their own purposes.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That blacklist is weaksauce and I hope that once the dust has settled sense prevails if you want to come back down the track in some low level capacity.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Dallan Invictus posted:

You can be as truthful as you like. But if you want to keep people from getting the wrong idea the only way you can do that is to fully present the right one. Otherwise people take what you say and fill in the blanks for their own purposes.

Come on now, this is EVE- people are going to do that anyway.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 3, 2016

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I was gonna go find a series of posts from the TMC change days, or that retarded kickstarter showing current members making GBS threads on those ideas and not being blacklisted. But then I remembered who I was responding to so gently caress that :effort: for a crazy person who doesn't deal well with reality.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

CainFortea posted:

so gently caress that :effort: for a crazy person who doesn't deal well with reality.

:allears:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

:laffo:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:eonwe:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

When I read your out post it came across as "lookit all this poo poo I could do but won't also direkkktorate". This was before I asked people who you were. I didn't even know you were zephyrine on SA at the time.

A straight up "I'm not going gently caress goons" was all your post really needed, instead of an itemized list of poo poo you could have done.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
You heard it here first. Accusing our leadership of shady actions is worthy of blacklisting.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I didnt make a public post so were cool right?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

cravius posted:

You heard it here first. Accusing our leadership of shady actions is worthy of blacklisting.

lets be for real here, the reason is the former bit "im joining horde" the second is just random why the gently caress is it there

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

CainFortea posted:

A straight up "I'm not going gently caress goons" was all your post really needed, instead of an itemized list of poo poo you could have done.

Eh her post was much more this than madposting an evepraisal link (all other context from that episode aside). Taking it as a fuckgoons threat is a bit paranoid.

I do agree that it would be better to lay out the issue rather than tossing out some innuendo and mic dropping. Preserving the confidentiality of the culprits sounds noble but they don't deserve it. Sometimes you need maggots to cure gangrene :sun:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Despera posted:

I didnt make a public post so were cool right?

no unfortunately you post all the time while being a d-name

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

cravius posted:

Are you illiterate or just to lazy to read her post were she outlines she's joining the barbarian hordes currently squatting in our former home.

lets be for real here, the reason is the former bit "im joining horde" the second is just random why the gently caress is it there

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

Are you illiterate or just to lazy to read her post were she outlines she's joining the barbarian hordes currently squatting in our former home.

your posting has been very unchill lately

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

cravius posted:

is this thread a climate controlled zone or something

are we trying to prevent the spread of salmonella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

cravius posted:

I apologized for throwing poo poo at her last night but being surprised at someone being blacklisted for joining the enemy in the middle of a war is a bit dumb.

• Locked thread