Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

learnincurve posted:

I didn't think it was possible for them to make a worse version of that suit. It turns out I was wrong.

It's just a black tank top and blue shorts? It's probably really comfortable, lay off him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just a heads up, not all of us have to wear designer clothes in order to work out.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I was wondering if he took his mum, he didn't, he turned up on his own.

Aghhhhh! http://www.lewishamilton.com/

edit: Oh christ http://www.lewishamilton.com/category/giving-back/

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 20:48 on May 3, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GP2 Site! GP2 agrhhhhh

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
There are some gems on there, including the fact that he's included pictures from the only time he's ever done charity. This picture, and I poo poo you not, is called. "Lewis_Praying_1.jpg"

edit: From 2012.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 3, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Giving back by rubbing a tiger's belly

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Goetta posted:

Giving back by rubbing a tiger's belly

I'm noticing he has a rather unhealthy obsession with big cats.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

He calls his tweets "giving back"? Sorry, I think I can feel my lunch coming back...

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Future Mike Tyson/MC Hammer

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Not a fan of Hamilton, but I have to say, now that I know that he tweets prayers and plays with tigers I have a newfound respect for him. Not everyone with hundreds of millions of pounds is quite so generous.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

krushgroove posted:

Future Mike Tyson/MC Hammer

I can't stop laughing at this.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

hammer is a minister with five kids who tweets constantly and invests in random technology companies. this isn't even a stretch. it is lewis' likely endgame.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Goetta posted:

I don't get him bitching about the turn two one it seemed pretty clear and the Sky broadcast said that the race marshals specifically told the drivers about the rule for that turn since it was new this year.

The first one for reversing his car in the pit lane when he was directed to reverse his car is pretty dumb.

The NBC Sports feed was also pretty adamant before the race that drivers had been reminded multiple times about the change and were going to be strict about its enforcement. I can't imagine this is anyone's fault but his own.
Agreed, though, his first reprimand was stupid.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

be nice wicka posted:

hammer is a minister with five kids who tweets constantly and invests in random technology companies. this isn't even a stretch. it is lewis' likely endgame.

His end game is an F1 commentator. He's sinking a ton of money trying to drop an album that will inevitably bomb and flying across the world every three days buying a new stupid suit. If I was pulling in his kind of money I'd be buying up poo poo like high rise apartment buildings so I would still have an income after F1. Lauda had it right where he basically built a business on the back of his F1 money then cashed out once he hit retirement age.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It was highly calculated both times and not the first time Bernie has made Charlie give the maximum penalties for a driver that''s been mouthing off in the press. No conspiracy theory here, Bernie has been doing this for years, last person to feel his wrath this way was Alonso.
I don't doubt that any other driver would have been let of with a warning after being told to reverse a few feet, or decided to avoid hitting a bollard by going the wrong way round it while backing off. It brings him nicely up to a 10 place gird penalty for the next tiny mistake and puts him uncomfortably close to a race ban. Knowing Bernie the beatings will continue if he keeps on posting video from the paddock, or banging on about how important he is to the sport.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Lol at Lewis dropping $30k to dress like carbon fiber and hang out with other rich people.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Goetta posted:

The first one for reversing his car in the pit lane when he was directed to reverse his car is pretty dumb.

Why is it dumb? it's in the rules, they are there for a reason, mind I got mad at Guy Martin getting a penalty for doing 0.122kph over the speed limit in the TT, but its the rules.. don't break them, you're fine

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I believe the issue was he was actually told by an official to back up his car.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

djssniper posted:

Why is it dumb? it's in the rules, they are there for a reason, mind I got mad at Guy Martin getting a penalty for doing 0.122kph over the speed limit in the TT, but its the rules.. don't break them, you're fine

Yeah, reversing in the pitlane is a pretty big no-no. It's an automatic black flag in most situations.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

I believe the issue was he was actually told by an official to back up his car.

He should know the rules, if you want me back push me

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

djssniper posted:

He should know the rules, if you want me back push me

Then he'll get a reprimand for disobeying marshal's instructions.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ImplicitAssembler posted:

So after 4 races with Crofty, I'm ready to strangle him. He's worse than James Allen.
Can we please get the C4 feed for the international feed instead?

You definitely don't want Ben Edwards.

Coulthard / Brundle were the poo poo in the BBC era.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

gret posted:

Then he'll get a reprimand for disobeying marshal's instructions.

No, he can point to the rules that prohibit him from doing so, the great drivers know the rules

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm the first one to say Lewis is a washed up petulant child who is no better than Jacques Villeneuve except for the fact that he landed a decent car in the back half of his career whereas Villeneuve ended up at BAR, but that back up thing was a stitch up and he would've been reprimanded no matter what he did in that situation.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm the first one to say Lewis is a washed up petulant child who is no better than Jacques Villeneuve

chernobyling over here

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If Jacques went to Mclaren we'd be talking about the great :canada: legend right now god rest his soul.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Thanks Ants posted:

You definitely don't want Ben Edwards.

Coulthard / Brundle were the poo poo in the BBC era.

Ben Edwards I could tune out. Crofty is screeching way too much. I agree on the Coulthard/Brundle combo.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

keevo posted:

Lol at Lewis dropping $30k to dress like carbon fiber and hang out with other rich people.

He could have just used all the bits from Vettle's Car - much cheaper.

Ice cream and a canopy!

Halo14 fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 4, 2016

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

I like Ben Edwards :mad:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The BBC combo with Brundle, Coulthard, Tall Jake and EJ was the best.

Why is Hamilton's web logo an outline of a uterus?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Diet Crack posted:

Like many things about Lewis Hamilton, this is explained by his not fully grasping the meaning behind the phrase "don't forget where you came from".

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

.....starring Lewis Hamilton as Princess Diana.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Diet Crack posted:

It's supposed to be a cat's eyes and nose isn't it? A big cat like a Lion or a Tiger.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol they got Horner over a barrel and decided to take the piss.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-teams-can-t-bad-mouth-manufacturers-under-fia-engine-deal-733356/

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
:lol:

This is so full of gently caress red bull stuff it's amazing.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Not only that, the second biggest pain in the arse in recent years for the manufacturers has been VJ....

"(ii) have been convicted of any indictable criminal offence; (iii) have been convicted by any government or government agency in connection with fraud, money laundering, racketeering or terrorism activities; and/or (iv) have been declared bankrupt;"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

"Can't display another car manufacturer's name on the car"
"Engine manufacturer is entitled to a cut of any proceeds from rebranding the engine"
"Can't say any disparaging remarks about engine manufacturer"

I don't know how else they could've made this more blatantly 'gently caress you Red Bull', it's pretty loving great.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
It's great that they had to make a "you can't be a bitch" rule

Maybe make one for the English press too so they stop crying whenever things don't go Hamilton's way

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Maybe make one for the English press too so they stop crying whenever things don't go Hamilton's way

this would have to go through the united nations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

El Hefe posted:

Btw seeing your avatar reminded me.

Pastor is helping Pirelli test the 2017 tyres!

• Locked thread