Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
cravius is fine calm down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

sorry "published"

I'm well aware of how the blacklist works :)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Unfunny Poster posted:

There was someone in the last thread who was blacklisted and part of the stated reasoning was them criticizing GSF leadership, which was quickly denounced as not being true and criticism on GF.com of leadership is welcomed. So it's a bit confusing why criticism of your guys leadership is now being used as a reason to blacklist another person. Regardless, its funny that people jumped on Zephyrine so quickly for saying she was leaving and joining Horde, presumably for the time being, after doing a bunch of logistics work to get peoples poo poo out.

I know this is low grade r/eve trolling, but I'm gonna bite. Here's some examples of criticizing GSF leadership, all of which are true criticisms, and all of which have been said without reprisal in the last month or less:

* "I think the directorate was dumb for de-modding deadtear, he may be an rear end in a top hat but he's not a jerk"
* "I think Flanders is being retarded with the Malediction fit, the extra speed isn't necessary, here's a better fit"
* "I think Mittens goes clubbing too often and poo poo falls apart when he's gone, he should either delegate more or club less"
* "I think Asher has poor fashion sense, Serpentis jackets are much better looking"

Notice that all of these items involve naming a specific thing that someone did wrong; some of the good examples even include the reasoning for why it was wrong, or a proposal of what should have been done instead.

Compare with "unspecified members of the directorate did some spooky unspecified mean things that I'm unhappy with, so I'm leaving." This neither specifies an action that was performed, nor explains why an action was harmful, nor does it propose an alternative. It just raises innuendo, encourages people to assume the worst, muddying the water with no opening for improvement or restitution.

In other words, it's not criticism -- it's low-class attention whoring, with a hint of baseless innuendo and muckraking to boot. And that's r/eve's favorite flavor of pigslop.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Of course I knew there was a list somewhere. But I have no idea why you would make it public to every single person who registers an alt corp.

ullerrm posted:

Compare with "unspecified members of the directorate did some spooky unspecified mean things that I'm unhappy with, so I'm leaving." This neither specifies an action that was performed, nor explains why an action was harmful, nor does it propose an alternative. It just raises innuendo, encourages people to assume the worst, muddying the water with no opening for improvement or restitution.

In other words, it's not criticism -- it's low-class attention whoring, with a hint of baseless innuendo and muckraking to boot. And that's r/eve's favorite flavor of pigslop.

Would you feel better if I came clean with all of it then?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

Of course I knew there was a list somewhere. But I have no idea why you would make it public to every single person who registers an alt corp.

so they dont let in blacklisted people?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Zephyrine posted:

so they can vet random recruits against it

hell for a while we toyed with the idea of making the imperium blacklist public to everyone who wanted to page through it, mostly as a character bazaar monkey wrench, for whatever that would be worth

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

Hehehe you're really going to like this:

I had access to it back as a line member in FCON. Account suddenly doesn't work in GEWNS though.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

like it is not a super secure thing or a state secret, literally anyone can get access to it

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Glory of Arioch posted:

so they can vet random recruits against it

hell for a while we toyed with the idea of making the imperium blacklist public to everyone who wanted to page through it, mostly as a character bazaar monkey wrench, for whatever that would be worth

Didn't the blacklist used to be public when FA managed it?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

cravius posted:

Didn't the blacklist used to be public when FA managed it?

good question, i don't know

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

ullerrm posted:

* "I think the directorate was dumb for de-modding deadtear, he may be an rear end in a top hat but he's not a jerk"
he's actually both an rear end in a top hat and a jerk but the directorate was still dumb for de-modding him

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

lord yes, beating around the bush is always some honky tonk bullshit, either air your poo poo out or dont mention it at all

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

lord yes, beating around the bush is always some honky tonk bullshit, either air your poo poo out or dont mention it at all

I want Flanders or Querns to say it.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Zephyrine posted:

please

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
haha yes! FINALLY, zephyrine was brought to justice for her crimes against the imperium~

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

really this whole clutching pearls thing over the blacklist is dumb because, uh, while i had nothing against angelique now that she's hauling for phorde of loving course we're going to add her known characters to the list of known horde hauling alts, which is the only list here that actually matters instead of the blacklist

i don't think anyone had bothered to do that but now that i've thought of it i'm going to make sure it's done. i mean, they're now hostile logistics, blowing the poo poo out of them is a very important part of the game now so, uh, why on earth would anyone think we would then keep that info secret

i know there are going to be dj level dumdums who think it's some sort of retaliation and ~so mad~, but i think even xolve would realize that was dumb

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Zephyrine posted:

i have no clue what your vague grievance is, i barely ever talked to you ever

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

I know this is low grade r/eve trolling, but I'm gonna bite. Here's some examples of criticizing GSF leadership, all of which are true criticisms, and all of which have been said without reprisal in the last month or less:

* "I think Flanders is being retarded with the Malediction fit, the extra speed isn't necessary, here's a better fit"
* "I think Mittens goes clubbing too often and poo poo falls apart when he's gone, he should either delegate more or club less"
* "I think Asher has poor fashion sense, Serpentis jackets are much better looking"

Notice that all of these items involve naming a specific thing that someone did wrong; some of the good examples even include the reasoning for why it was wrong, or a proposal of what should have been done instead.

It wasn't trolling. Someone got banned for, iirc, excessively posting criticisms and it took people saying how stupid it was on SA to get that reversed. Maybe it was Jokine, I don't know peoples non-SA names. Regardless it is also pretty silly to use "you criticized leadership" as an excuse to blacklist someone who left, like Deadtear already pointed out. Whoever did that is a petty baby :shrug:.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

why

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

It wasn't trolling. Someone got banned for, iirc, excessively posting criticisms and it took people saying how stupid it was on SA to get that reversed. Maybe it was Jokine, I don't know peoples non-SA names. Regardless it is also pretty silly to use "you criticized leadership" as an excuse to blacklist someone who left, like Deadtear already pointed out. Whoever did that is a petty baby :shrug:.

jokine is mpaarating and please stop arguing with knar KNAR STOP ARGUING WITH UBA

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

"someone, i think, maybe got banned for something that makes me right, i don't know who"

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

"someone, i think, maybe got banned for something that makes me right, i don't know who"

i think hes talking about jokine getting banned for negrepping that twr post

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I doubt you would have been put in the loop either way.

I'll take a yes from Querns or Flanders.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Zephyrine posted:

I doubt you would have been put in the loop either way.

I'll take a yes from Querns or Flanders.

gonna have to be flanders then because i no-joke have no idea what the hell you're on about

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cravius posted:

i think hes talking about jokine getting banned for negrepping that twr post

jokine had characters in a hostile alliance, oss (a founding part of the mbc)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

really this whole clutching pearls thing over the blacklist is dumb because, uh, while i had nothing against angelique now that she's hauling for phorde of loving course we're going to add her known characters to the list of known horde hauling alts, which is the only list here that actually matters instead of the blacklist

i don't think anyone had bothered to do that but now that i've thought of it i'm going to make sure it's done. i mean, they're now hostile logistics, blowing the poo poo out of them is a very important part of the game now so, uh, why on earth would anyone think we would then keep that info secret

i know there are going to be dj level dumdums who think it's some sort of retaliation and ~so mad~, but i think even xolve would realize that was dumb

I think you're mistaking laughing at how petty and dumb you and other people are acting over Zephyrine leaving is and clutching at pearls.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 4, 2016

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

jokine had characters in a hostile alliance, oss

Wasn't this way before BOS got kicked?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cravius posted:

his characters in there date back that long but when he got kicked it was hostile

edit: guess my memory is slightly off, given what deadtear posted

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

cravius posted:

he followed them out

2015-06-11 bos kicked
2015/06/20 jokine left amok for bos

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

jokine is mpaarating and please stop arguing with knar KNAR STOP ARGUING WITH UBA

Who is knar and why should I care about their blatantly bad opinions?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
knar owns and you suck

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i dont actually know if you're arguing with him specifically, he said something like "tallardar is stupid" so im going to agree with him?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Glory of Arioch posted:

gonna have to be flanders then because i no-joke have no idea what the hell you're on about

It's 2 at night here in Sweden. If I go to bed before Flanders answers this then someone feel free to re-quote this every now and then as a reminder. I have no idea why the directorate of all people would push so hard for this when I wanted to leave it behind but if you're going to keep calling me on not making all the details public. Page after page. Then you leave me little choice.

Zephyrine posted:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ullerrm posted:

I've openly stated that I don't care for turning goons into a brand, and that I'm not at all happy about how our leadership has issues separating their Media Identities via The Shittiest Eve News Website Dot Com and their leadership of GSF. I think this would largely be solved if like our number one and number two guy weren't stakeholders in the big dumb gay media empire.

I think giving Sion the robotic boy a talking role in any form of media was a giant loving mistake because the hard edged "Soft vs hard power" diplomacy poo poo doesn't work well in a media format, and what he saw as an attack piece on reddit was pointed out on this very forum as coming off as bitchy crying. Was it bitchy crying? Probably not, but perception is everything.

I think that like it or not r/eve has basically become the new Kugu, and refusing to get in on the ground floor as opposed to just throwing poo poo at the wall to see what would stick was probably a mistake. We've proven time and time again that we can shift and move the culture of Eve Online, not applying those lessons there was stupid.

I think we've so poorly handled old friends and their own concerns about these things that they've walked away. I view the likes of Endie, Blawrf, Suas (Who I can't stand by the way) turning against us as an indicator of an internal sickness that needs to be solved. Basically we need to huff our own farts a little less.

On the other hand of the equation: This war has brought the old small gang dudes out of the woodwork and I'm having a loving blast with blops again. I don't think any of the problems are problems that can't be solved, and as I've said to a few people: Goons in Space as a nullsec power is important to me, and no I don't think Groon or Groon 2.0 with an angry man at the helm really fit the bill. I was hoping DJ would stick around and be kind of an ex CEO sounding board, and make positive waves instead of just dumping a bunch of assholes into every thread. I'd much rather people angry at the way things are try to stick things out and maybe change them for the better than just gently caress off to the He Man Goonhaters club, because problems exist to be solved.

Namaste. Whatever. I severely doubt I'll be kicked out for this post. Nerds.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
RVCMF's first mining op is officially a success.

VG & Rock, I'm along for your crazy ride.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i'll never tire of ex-gsf doing their best to nail themselves on the cross for ???

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rhymenoserous posted:

I think we've so poorly handled old friends and their own concerns about these things that they've walked away. I view the likes of Endie, Blawrf, Suas (Who I can't stand by the way) turning against us as an indicator of an internal sickness that needs to be solved. Basically we need to huff our own farts a little less.

i agree with basically everything you said except blawrf sucks rear end and him leaving was a-ok, endie bouncing is regrettable though

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Glory of Arioch posted:

Ugh, I had to take her off ignore to find out what you were talking about.

Frankly, Zeph, I've got no clue what you're hinting at, and I find myself not really caring either. All I know is that you promised to leave quietly, and ended up doing anything but that. So, my answer is: Don't bother. I'm perfectly happy continuing on with my life without hearing your grand and glorious secret. I continue to hope that you'll be happier wherever you end up; this is a video game, after all.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Zephyrine posted:

It's 2 at night here in Sweden. If I go to bed before Flanders answers this then someone feel free to re-quote this every now and then as a reminder. I have no idea why the directorate of all people would push so hard for this when I wanted to leave it behind but if you're going to keep calling me on not making all the details public. Page after page. Then you leave me little choice.

i honestly don't know what the hell you're talking about, and neither does flanders

however i am running out of ways to convince you of this fact so i guess i'll just accept that you believe that i can read minds and/or I can ascertain your grievance from our precisely one (1) private conversation ever (asking me to code a tax app for ITL)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i want to see what she's being so god drat coy about teehee I Have Big Reasons But I'm Not Sharing

• Locked thread