Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SealHammer posted:

Hey guys, USPol tourist who just got here, why no Sanders-Clinton chat in this thread?

The GOP race ended tonight and the Dem one ended 3/15

Cruz suspending his campaign is just a way bigger story than +2 delegates to Bernie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

SealHammer posted:

Hey guys, USPol tourist who just got here, why no Sanders-Clinton chat in this thread?

Both sides get screechy and whiny, then whiny about the other side being screechy, and everyone else shouts "shut up you're annoying and boring" but the partisans whine "no guys this is important" and go back to being preemptively snide about how the other side is going to be snide.

Thread gets BAD, man.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

SealHammer posted:

Can't handle.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Epic High Five posted:

See? They LIKE poverty, joblessness, and squalor. The free market has spoken

that's a bit uncharitable. one of the reasons cited was xenophobia. the other reasons cited were an increase in traffic, industrial pollution, and a substantial increase in local population. that area's above average in terms of median income and below average in terms of families in poverty. normally leftists would be all about locals democratically rejecting exploitative distant industrialists but apparently not always, depending on how ideologically impure the locals are i guess

or in other words, "at least they'll have JOBS" is the same argument used to justify third world sweatshops

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 4, 2016

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
This thread is going to be loving unbearable if it's just a bunch of morons endlessly freaking out over Hillary somehow losing for six months.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

FourLeaf posted:

This thread is going to be loving unbearable if it's just a bunch of morons endlessly freaking out over Hillary somehow losing for six months.

Have you ever heard of a poster who went by the name of Arzy?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

FourLeaf posted:

We have a subforum for that.

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

UV_Catastrophe posted:

We need to get working on a new word filter for the word "pivot", immediately.

I've been replacing it with "cha-cha slide" in my head for the past couple pages and I think it works pretty well. To the left!

Armyman25 posted:

Since the subject of jobs in rural areas ins pretty important, here's a small Nebraska town rejecting a packing plant because Muslim Somalis might work there:

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_29839260/tiny-nebraska-town-says-no-1-100-jobs

Funnily enough a similar meat processing thing happened in two small towns in far western Kansas, Garden City and Dodge City. Except they brought in the plants, it revitalized the towns, young (mostly immigrant) families moved in, people opened up new restaurants and whatnot to cater to them, and overall seems to have been nothing but a huge benefit. Minus the meat smells but hey it's not likes farms ever really smell great.

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2013/12/11/249981976/a-midwestern-meatpacking-town-welcomes-immigrants

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hillary should literally start running ads yesterday centered around where she was 5 years ago vs where Trump was 5 years ago. Juxtaposition photos of Hillary in the Situation Room as Bin Laden was killed with Trump saying something retarded on The Apprentice.

This was also five years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4&t=240s

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Goddamn that poo poo is savage.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
I cannot believe out of all the people who started in the republican primary, Donald trump Is going to be the next president of america.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Armyman25 posted:

Since the subject of jobs in rural areas ins pretty important, here's a small Nebraska town rejecting a packing plant because Muslim Somalis might work there:

The Iowa meat packing plant was very much opposed because of "those types of people" it would attract. They meant Hispanic people.

Pollution and the 30 year tax break for the company were far, far behind that concern.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SealHammer posted:

Just start up the 'sation. Sometime it dies down but post a few berngets and shillarys and the convo'll take back off.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Armyman25 posted:

:qq: But Hillary is going to kill our coal jobs!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Trump will be beaten to death with sexism. The man had campaign staff wearing two different name tags in the beginning. Trump advisor for men. Trump hostess for women.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mr Hootington posted:

Trump will be beaten to death with sexism. The man had campaign staff wearing two different name tags in the beginning. Trump advisor for men. Trump hostess for women.

I'm half expecting Trump to be introduced by show girls in skin tight latex.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

FourLeaf posted:

That just shows how naive you are.

This thread will be locked in a month.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CommieGIR posted:

:qq: But Hillary is going to kill our coal jobs!

nebraska is farm country. farming is doing alright

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

I'm half expecting Trump to be introduced by show girls in skin tight latex.

He is too classy for that. It would be his wife and daughter in dress made out of the finest fabric and cut a certain way to show off their great genetics.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Popular Thug Drink posted:

nebraska is farm country. farming is doing alright

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powder_River_Basin#Coal_mining_companies_currently_operating_in_the_Powder_River_Basin

Coal is currently hurting bad. And Nebraska has a lot of coal and minerals.

Mr Hootington posted:

He is too classy for that. It would be his wife and daughter in dress made out of the finest fabric and cut a certain way to show off their great genetics.

"I cannot describe my throbbing erection I have for my daughter. Actually, I can" :smugdon:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

why did you link an article to a geographic feature in wyoming when we're talking about a town in eastern nebraska (the other side of the state from the wyoming-nebraska border)

the town in question is not a coal mining town. this is a fact

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Popular Thug Drink posted:

why did you link an article to a geographic feature in wyoming when we're talking about a town in eastern nebraska (the other side of the state from the wyoming-nebraska border)

Because a lot of Nebraska natives work the mines.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Mr Hootington posted:

You gotta be loving kidding me.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CommieGIR posted:

Because a lot of Nebraska natives work the mines.

ok i'll just ignore you for now if you're going to just freestyle an argument based on whatever it is you feel like talking about instead of actual reality thanks because i dont see at all what coal mines in western nebraska have to do with farmers in eastern nebraska rejecting a poultry processing plant

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Trump is Opposite Day in the flesh. He could call Hillary Clinton a gaping oval office and a cum dumpster in a presidential debate and his polling would shoot up to 101%.

People love to bring up that Ann Richards won the gubernatorial election in Texas because her opponent acted like a sexist shitrag to her in a debate and women that would have normally voted Republican shifted to the left because of it. I don't think Hillary is going to get that same treatment. Not even a little bit.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I hereby announce that I will seek the Republican nomination for President of the United States of America.

I fully expect that the GOP will come to my aid since I am a Not-Trump.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Crain posted:

You gotta be loving kidding me.

Nope. I had forgotten about this because it was overshadowed by Mexican rapists, walls, and paying for SS with tariffs on Japan, China, and Mexico. Happened way back in June.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Its 3 o'clock in the morning and America needs a snack.

But the pickle jar has never been opened.

Do you trust Donald Trumps hands can open that jar?

Think about it America.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Star Man posted:

Trump is Opposite Day in the flesh. He could call Hillary Clinton a gaping oval office and a cum dumpster in a presidential debate and his polling would shoot up to 101%.

With Republicans who hate Hillary, yes. And?

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Star Man posted:

People love to bring up that Ann Richards won the gubernatorial election in Texas because her opponent acted like a sexist shitrag to her in a debate and women that would have normally voted Republican shifted to the left because of it. I don't think Hillary is going to get that same treatment. Not even a little bit.

You might want to look up how Hillary won her senate seat.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Um, guys?
Trump's the Republican nominee now. The joke happened. We made the comedy real. It's been an amazing 11 months. I've laughed myself to tears more times than I can remember. I was laughing two hours ago. Hysterically.

Why aren't I laughing anymore?

Why am I suddenly really scared?

I thought there were ten thousand different things that would stop Donald Trump from becoming the nominee. That it could never happen.
What if, despite all logic, reason, data, demographics, electoral math, common sense, all of that...

what if I'm wrong again?

Why do I suddenly desperately wish that Ted Cruz had gotten the nomination at a contested convention and Donald Trump was running a protest campaign?

Now I am become Arzy, destroyer of myself.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

A Man With A Plan posted:

I've been replacing it with "cha-cha slide" in my head for the past couple pages and I think it works pretty well. To the left!

Funnily enough a similar meat processing thing happened in two small towns in far western Kansas, Garden City and Dodge City. Except they brought in the plants, it revitalized the towns, young (mostly immigrant) families moved in, people opened up new restaurants and whatnot to cater to them, and overall seems to have been nothing but a huge benefit. Minus the meat smells but hey it's not likes farms ever really smell great.

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2013/12/11/249981976/a-midwestern-meatpacking-town-welcomes-immigrants

Meat packing was the main industry in the city I grew up in, though it's gone the away in the past 30 years leaving the down town hollowed out. My dad and his father worked in the plants at one time or another. Guess the works only Ok if the right people are doing it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Armyman25 posted:

Meat packing was the main industry in the city I grew up in, though it's gone the away in the past 30 years leaving the down town hollowed out. My dad and his father worked in the plants at one time or another. Guess the works only Ok if the right people are doing it.

"Right people"

Like, not Muslims, right Armyman?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Armyman25 posted:

if they had rejected a wal-mart this thread would be applauding

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Old communities that welcome new people will grow and prosper. Those that do not ultimately dwindle and die. All is as it should be. :unsmith:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Star Man posted:

As long as Donald Trump polls at 10-15% minority support he will not win. That's something a presidential candidate might have been able to get away with in 1976, but with a quarter of the electorate (or more) non-white now it's absolutely fatal.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmnCEYtslHc

I dunno about you fellas, but I am really, really feeling the title of that song right now. Like it resonates with me on a very basic level.

This was really not my prediction. I didn't think Cruz would fold so soon.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Um, guys?
Trump's the Republican nominee now. The joke happened. We made the comedy real. It's been an amazing 11 months. I've laughed myself to tears more times than I can remember. I was laughing two hours ago. Hysterically.

Why aren't I laughing anymore?

Why am I suddenly really scared?

I thought there were ten thousand different things that would stop Donald Trump from becoming the nominee. That it could never happen.
What if, despite all logic, reason, data, demographics, electoral math, common sense, all of that...

what if I'm wrong again?

Why do I suddenly desperately wish that Ted Cruz had gotten the nomination at a contested convention and Donald Trump was running a protest campaign?

Trump has provided the Democrats with so much ammunition against him it's not even funny. The fact that attacks on him haven't stuck among the plurality of Republican primary voters means very little in terms of the general election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
All I'm saying is that we need anti-matter weapons to defeat Trump.

• Locked thread