Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Gwaihir posted:

1) Cast iron
2) (proceeding from 1) great browned crust. Applies universally to pub burger or smash burger, and any burg without the contrast of excellent browned crust plus juicy interior is just going to be a sad sack of poo poo.

Give me a burg of two thin patties made of 95% excellently browned crust and you have the best burg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

My burgs take me about 20 min to make. And I grind my own beef. If you think 20 min in the kitchen is to much work...gently caress lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
has anyone made the alton brown burger yet?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

The other day I stopped at Culvers and got a couple of burgers and the sear on them was god drat unbelievable. Best decision I made that day.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

The other day I stopped at Culvers and got a couple of burgers and the sear on them was god drat unbelievable. Best decision I made that day.

gently caress yeah. Culver's knows how to smash a fuckin' patty.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

This thread has convinced me I need to return to Lankford soon. There will be pics.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Shooting Blanks posted:

This thread has convinced me I need to return to Lankford soon. There will be pics.

oh my god lankford is so good, as much as I like miller's lankford is just so far ahead of them

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

But Not Tonight posted:

oh my god lankford is so good, as much as I like miller's lankford is just so far ahead of them

I live about 3/4 of a mile from there. I have to restrain myself from going too often :o

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

miller's, or lankford? Because I used to live less than a block from the former and it was real hard not to go there every day so I feel your pain

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

But Not Tonight posted:

miller's, or lankford? Because I used to live less than a block from the former and it was real hard not to go there every day so I feel your pain

Lankford.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Lately I've been making burgers on the grill and when I get the coals lit I nestle a foil-wrapped sweet potato amongst them

By the time the coals are ready for grilling, I've got a delicious soft smokey sweet potato to go with the burgers

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

But Not Tonight posted:

I burged today at Bramble. It's better than Lankford.

What you don't see is the homemade mustard, and that the meat is stuffed with Redneck Cheddar. Easily a top 5 burger of all time for me.

Edit: I spel gud.

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 3, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
that burger looks good but crisps instead of chips :chloe:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Jose posted:

that burger looks good but crisps instead of chips :chloe:

yeah, that's the only complaint I had.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Good looking burger, and fact it made me think of this picture makes it even better.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Shooting Blanks posted:

Classy as gently caress.

Jeeves...another burger, please.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Shooting Blanks posted:

What you don't see is the homemade mustard, and that the meat is stuffed with Redneck Cheddar. Easily a top 5 burger of all time for me.

Edit: I spel gud.

they need to serve food on a loving plate ugh

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

they need to serve food on a loving plate ugh

I agree with this too. Cutting boards are pretty sure, but you know there's who knows what kind of bacteria in that little crack, let alone the rest of it. I'm not a germaphobe at all either but when you're talking meat juices and porous wood I'm not a monster fan.

...that being said, I'd probably eat that burger off of a pile of poo poo though so no worries.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

OK, I'm only going from the US tv and movies we get over here, but what's with the serving of crisps (or potato chips as you heathens call them) with sandwiches/burgers? Not talking about fries, just the potato products that would come in a packet. It's so weirdly foreign that I'm not sure how widespread it is or whether it's just something we see on mass media and assume must be commonplace.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

There's no prep involved, so they're cheaper.
I haven't met a person who prefers crisps (chips) over chips (fries) though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

There's a few places I've been where they fry up the "crisps" right before they come out. Ends up being the best for both worlds.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

iajanus posted:

OK, I'm only going from the US tv and movies we get over here, but what's with the serving of crisps (or potato chips as you heathens call them) with sandwiches/burgers? Not talking about fries, just the potato products that would come in a packet. It's so weirdly foreign that I'm not sure how widespread it is or whether it's just something we see on mass media and assume must be commonplace.

It's just a way of being cheaper and lazier. Cheaper, because obviously they don't use as much potato in a serving of potato chips as a serving of fries, regardless of the fact that potatoes are inexpensive. Lazier, because no one expects chips to be warm when served, unlike fries. Even if a burger place advertises its chips as "house-fried" or some such garbage, they can still just fry up an entire day's or more worth of chips all at once, as opposed to frying french fries to order. Okay, maybe it's more efficient, but they just don't go with burgers as well as fries do.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Tyson Tomko posted:

I agree with this too. Cutting boards are pretty sure, but you know there's who knows what kind of bacteria in that little crack, let alone the rest of it. I'm not a germaphobe at all either but when you're talking meat juices and porous wood I'm not a monster fan.

...that being said, I'd probably eat that burger off of a pile of poo poo though so no worries.
good news, cwood utting boards are naturally antimicrobe

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Mr. Wookums posted:

good news, cwood utting boards are naturally antimicrobe

I know there's some truth to this (maybe, I'm by no means an expert) but still I'd like to think a regular porcelain/ceramic/stoneware/metal plate would be easier to clean and maintain than a wooden cutting board in a restaurant environment but who knows. I'll google around and look into it at some point but for now I'll still say that burger looked good (I'm very hungry and lunch is approaching)

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Had a very nice "Wagyu" burg at a burger, tapas and seafood place in Spain on my hols.

The salad was served by the side of the burger, cheese was an extra, and they custom made the patty with your choice of items. I had jalapenos and onion.

Was very good.wife let me try char grilled octopus, was surprisingly good. I could have eaten it in the burg as a topping!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

thought that was a chocolate chip cookie bun :eyepop:

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I actually do prefer the 'house made' chips to fries if they are fresh and properly made. You get more surface area to get a nice crunch.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

the Correct choice of side is sweet potato fries with an in-house barbecue sauce, unfortunately the only places that do this are more pork oriented

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I always thought the correct side for a burger was another burger :shrug:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iajanus posted:

This.

I don't bother with sides at home when I burg. If I'm still hungry it means I hosed up and needed to make it bigger, or another one.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I generally make tater tots with mine, just because I really love tater tots.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'd gently caress with some tots and frysauce right now.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Hell, the ones I've been getting lately don't even need sauce. They've got garlic, pepper and sea salt and they're fantastic just by themselves.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Norns posted:

I'd gently caress with some tots and frysauce right now.

truth.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Fenrir posted:

I generally make tater tots with mine, just because I really love tater tots.

Tots are always a good option.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

iajanus posted:

If you have enough stomach room for two burgers, well, im sorry to say, but you hosed up

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Control Volume posted:

If you have enough stomach room for two burgers, well, im sorry to say, but you hosed up

The reason I exercise is to fit in more burgers :D

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

iajanus posted:

My dinner last night agrees:

Two of these:

Wheat bun, BBQ sauce, lettuce, heirloom tomato, Munster cheese, grass fed beef patty, grilled whole slide of Vidalia onion.
Not shown: ear of grilled corn on the side.

I am a fat gently caress.

Edit: the hell image uploading too fast my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Ultimate Mango posted:

My dinner last night agrees:

Two of these:

Wheat bun, BBQ sauce, lettuce, heirloom tomato, Munster cheese, grass fed beef patty, grilled whole slide of Vidalia onion.
Not shown: ear of grilled corn on the side.

I am a fat gently caress.

Edit: the hell image uploading too fast my rear end

Sounds incredible! I'm sitting here at 1:10am staying up late like a dumbass when I work at 6:30am but damnit would I inhale two of those sight unseen right now, and the corn too.

• Locked thread