Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Star Man posted:

Trump is Opposite Day in the flesh. He could call Hillary Clinton a gaping oval office and a cum dumpster in a presidential debate and his polling would shoot up to 101%.

People love to bring up that Ann Richards won the gubernatorial election in Texas because her opponent acted like a sexist shitrag to her in a debate and women that would have normally voted Republican shifted to the left because of it. I don't think Hillary is going to get that same treatment. Not even a little bit.

Well you're completely and utterly wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well you're completely and utterly wrong.

I'd like to think I am too :ohdear: Sometimes a man's just gotta Arzy every once in a while.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
USPOL May will be remembered as the month when the thread transitioned from intervals of cancerous Bernie vs. Hillary chat and moved on into alternating periods of smug over-confidence followed by complete panic and hysteria.

Welcome to general election season :coolspot:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Sure leave it to a Star Man to say we need futuristic space guns.

Trump's win sealed Bill's glorious return to the white house as FLOTUS: First Lad.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

DemeaninDemon posted:

Happy to help!

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

UV_Catastrophe posted:

USPOL May will be remembered as the month when the thread transitioned from intervals of cancerous Bernie vs. Hillary chat and moved on into alternating periods of smug over-confidence followed by complete panic and hysteria.

Please. Both cycles have been dependable and regular since January at the very latest.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

The only sad thing here is that conservatives won't realize that this is the natural result of their tactics over the past few decades.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Star Man posted:

All I'm saying is that we need anti-matter weapons to defeat Trump.

It's the only way to be sure.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Um, guys?
Trump's the Republican nominee now. The joke happened. We made the comedy real. It's been an amazing 11 months. I've laughed myself to tears more times than I can remember. I was laughing two hours ago. Hysterically.

Why aren't I laughing anymore?

Why am I suddenly really scared?

I thought there were ten thousand different things that would stop Donald Trump from becoming the nominee. That it could never happen.
What if, despite all logic, reason, data, demographics, electoral math, common sense, all of that...

what if I'm wrong again?

Why do I suddenly desperately wish that Ted Cruz had gotten the nomination at a contested convention and Donald Trump was running a protest campaign?

Now I am become Arzy, destroyer of myself.

I've been quietly/masochistically hoping for a four-candidate race for a while now and I think Cruz spoiled it, barring Rance pulling a stunt at the convention. I just imagine the absolute shitshow that election night would be (probably from people literally making GBS threads their pants as each result came down).

Edit: Actually, I didn't realize the electoral college was an absolute majority and not a simple one :ohdear: I remind my fantasy.

ultramiraculous fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 4, 2016

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Doctor Butts posted:

The only sad thing here is that conservatives won't realize that this is the natural result of their tactics over the past few decades.

Conservatism cannot fail it can only be failed. Trump is just next in line for failure.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

My main disappointment is that the lack of a brokered convention means that there's a chance the GOP Convention won't be a complete disaster.

What will they do this year to one-up the chair?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Taerkar posted:

My main disappointment is that the lack of a brokered convention means that there's a chance the GOP Convention won't be a complete disaster.

Have an argument with a scarecrow.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

Pretty silly considering his ultimate demise came from a... Mega Buster.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Taerkar posted:

Let an orange reality television star yell incoherently.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Taerkar posted:

It's going to be designed by Trump so actually it's going to be a clusterfuck.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Star Man posted:

Trump is Opposite Day in the flesh. He could call Hillary Clinton a gaping oval office and a cum dumpster in a presidential debate and his polling would shoot up to 101%.

People love to bring up that Ann Richards won the gubernatorial election in Texas because her opponent acted like a sexist shitrag to her in a debate and women that would have normally voted Republican shifted to the left because of it. I don't think Hillary is going to get that same treatment. Not even a little bit.

It kind of already has dude, Trump has ridiculous unfavorability ratings with women.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

"Right people"

Like, not Muslims, right Armyman?

I was speaking ironically in light of the story I posted.

Not sure why you hate Muslims so much though.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Popular Thug Drink posted:

if they had rejected a wal-mart this thread would be applauding

Wal-Mart is usually terrible because it runs existing business into the ground. Not sure what businesses would be effected bringing in an industry that isn't currently in place.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Periodiko posted:

It kind of already has dude, Trump has ridiculous unfavorability ratings with women.

No, look, they're going to love him. He's already released 3 press releases to that effect in which he tells women that they're going to love him and that they have to

Women LOVE being told what to do by blowhards. Combine that with his outreach to the black community when he was a discriminating slumlord and the fact that PoC and college-educated women making up 51% of the likely electorate and he'll coast into the white house

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

Trump's win sealed Bill's glorious return to the white house as FLOTUS: First Lad.

First Laddy :eng101:

No seriously, he's requested this.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

DemeaninDemon posted:

Conservatism cannot fail it can only be failed. Trump is just next in line for failure.

November, after the loss, conservatives will line up around the block just to get a chance to see the viewing of the corpse of Trump's presidential campaign so that they can brag to their friends that they called it a RINO.

Taerkar posted:

Well, the convention itself won't be. But there will be more than enough liberals rioting outside.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Armyman25 posted:

Wal-Mart is usually terrible because it runs existing business into the ground. Not sure what businesses would be effected bringing in an industry that isn't currently in place.

poultry plant jobs dont pay all that well - median is about twelve bucks an hour - and they were touting how farmers can shift into raising poultry which is, uh, not a good business to be in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9wHzt6gBgI

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Why aren't I laughing anymore?

Why am I suddenly really scared?

Unless you're a Republican, Trump's nomination should bring you hope and joy because it's a sign of the impending doom of their party.

Hillary is going to slay Trump like a loving gorgon and the Republican party with him. She's going to co-opt all the moderate women for a generation.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Doctor Butts posted:

That's not sad. It means that next time they'll realize what they really needed was a true conservative, not a rabble rousing reality TV star.

They need to go... On a Cruz.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

JeffersonClay posted:

Unless you're a Republican, Trump's nomination should bring you hope and joy because it's a sign of the impending doom of their party.

Hillary is going to slay Trump like a loving gorgon and the Republican party with him. She's going to co-opt all the moderate women for a generation.
Hillary 2016 - "REVENGE"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

JeffersonClay posted:

You lost already.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

LeoMarr posted:

You lost already.

I get the impression you haven't looked at the 2016 Senate map.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 202 days!
I wonder how many centrist Republicans will rationalize their Hillary vote on the basis that it puts Bill back in the White House?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

JeffersonClay posted:

I thought about this, so I decided to look at Trump's competition.
Rick Perry: Four years and smart guy glasses were not enough to undo the worst debate gaffe ever.
Scott Walker: Budgeted his campaign as catastrophically as his state.
Bobby Jindal: Hahahhaha are you kidding me?
Lindsey Graham: Too liberal on things that aren't "kill brown people," gay.
George Pataki: Got tired of being confused with Jim Gilmore.
Mike Huckabee: Previous Iowa caucus winning fundie nut who hadn't been in office for nine years
Rick Santorum: See above.
Rand Paul: Couldn't get the much-needed Ron Paul endorsement
Chris Christie: Palled around with Barack Obama and won the election for him all because he helped clean up after some storm or something
Carly Fiorina: Zero charisma and viciously unpleasant. Has a vagina
Jim Gilmore: Decided he'd rather not be President and abandoned his master plan.
Jeb Bush: Oh come on you all know this one.
Ben Carson: Narcoleptic, also come on, they were never gonna nominate a black guy, get real.
Marco Rubio: Dispelled the notion that he knew what he was doing at the worst possible moment.
Ted Cruz: Zero charisma and viciously unpleasant

It was always gonna be Trump in the nomination. We just weren't pure enough souls to believe the signs.

And now he shall be obliterated, along with GOP control of the Senate and Supreme Court.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 4, 2016

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

A Winner is Jew posted:

First Laddy :eng101:

No seriously, he's requested this.

My mistake I thought he said lad.

Wanna hit up the sweet State parties he throws though.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Jennifer Rubin is also having a p sweet meltdown on twitter

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/727695726336217088

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Hodgepodge posted:

I wonder how many centrist Republicans will rationalize their Hillary vote on the basis that it puts Bill back in the White House?

https://twitter.com/kasie/status/727675626157641729

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

Svanja posted:

Dammit, I really wanted a nasty GOP convention.

Don't worry, with Trump as the guaranteed GOP nominee, we'll still have a nasty convention. The chaos will just happen outside of the convention center instead of inside it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Of all the candidates, he was truly the most... human.

http://www.tedcruzforhumanpresident.com/

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
You guys freaking out about this are crazy. Hillary is gonna moonwalk into the oval office and we get a six month media circus in the meantime

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Hodgepodge posted:

not nearly as many as will vote for her in order to get a second census year blowout. seriously, if they get a candidate with a quarter ounce of charisma they are going to be set in 2020

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

stinkles1112 posted:

You guys freaking out about this are crazy. Hillary is gonna moonwalk into the oval office and we get a six month media circus in the meantime

But what about Congress!!?

, is a thing that passed through Hillary's mind at some point about a few decades ago

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

TeenageArchipelago posted:

not nearly as many as will vote for her in order to get a second census year blowout. seriously, if they get a candidate with a quarter ounce of charisma they are going to be set in 2020

A definite lock on the SCOTUS for a generation is worth a possibly not great matchup in 2020, especially if gerrymandering is brought before it in the leadup to the 2020 census. It's not like Trump clinching the nom is going to heal the party. Right now they're just hoping that the biggest remaining block is big enough to compete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Combed Thunderclap posted:

But what about Congress!!?

, is a thing that passed through Hillary's mind at some point about a few decades ago

The mere printing of -R next to Trump has to be worth a senator or four.

• Locked thread