Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

taqueso posted:

Fixed already.

Because of me. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Down with Ares, up with Mars.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Cliff Racer posted:

His campaign was over before it began, the state Attorney General and a sitting congresswoman are already running for the seat and will crush this nobody.

Agreed but I will still vote for him and try to spread the word. I think Kamala Harris is pretty cool but she is a tailor-made Democrat (biggest campaign funder is Time Warner, Hillary supporter, campaigned for Obama) and the system will render her useless.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Well he has no chance but I am going to volunteer for Emory Rodgers' campaign and vote for him in California. CA Bernie supporters, this is your guy.

https://voteforemory.com/

Is this guy actually on the ballot? He doesn't have a candidate statement/photo in my official voter information guide like most of the dozens of other candidates do

also CA is a ridiculous hive of far left and far right candidates - there are at least 5 people that're closer to bernie than Harris (I see one Green candidate and one Peach & Freedom candidate in addition to the 8 democrats and 11 mostly-left leaning but some insane independents). How'd you pick this guy out of the heap?

some of the statements are really entertaining by the way

and the best of all...

e: she even cites bernie!! :eyepop:

e2: and never mind, I found his name on the candidate list. Rough he didn't get a photo/statement in in time

thethreeman has issued a correction as of 18:08 on Apr 30, 2016

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
If the website is fixed already "thanks to me" you can assume that we are either talking to Emory right now or Brodeurs Nanny is one of his drinking buddies/webmaster.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

America Must Restore Its Greatness might not fit on a hat :(

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Cliff Racer posted:

If the website is fixed already "thanks to me" you can assume that we are either talking to Emory right now or Brodeurs Nanny is one of his drinking buddies/webmaster.

I shot him a FB message and told him about it after I found out on this thread, and he sent me a message back saying "thanks for the heads up" and then it was fixed.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Pinterest Mom posted:

Solution: Make the hat taller

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pinterest Mom posted:

It'll fit on a sombrero

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/727225162358214657

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Trollbama still best Obama.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Already saw a Toomey ad attacking McGinty. :suicide:

Could mean he's desperate. I think I'll go with that.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

spoon0042 posted:

Already saw a Toomey ad attacking McGinty. :suicide:

Could mean he's desperate. I think I'll go with that.

He had those ads prepped and raring to go, along with Sestak versions, only waiting for the primary to know which to run.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:drat: I'm gonna miss this guy

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

no PA? Toomey is more vulnerable than half those people

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Cliff Racer posted:

He had those ads prepped and raring to go, along with Sestak versions, only waiting for the primary to know which to run.

Well, yeah.

The ad just aired again and it turns out she's too close to business. It's called the "revolving door"!

It's going to be a long six months.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Lol yeah that will stick, coming from the literal former head of Club for Growth.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Maggie Hassan's first campaign ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GG_L9-kazw

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
If you are Mitch, what's your plan re: Garland now? Other than running around saying 'I'm panicking'

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

in the actual senate primary tonight, establishment goper todd young beat the gently caress out of tea partier marlin stutzman, which had been expected based on him firing a bunch of top campaign officials and not raising much money. the fault lines in the gop presidential primary have, so far, really not been evident in their lower-level primaries

baron hill was the uncontested democratic nominee and might win in a wave but he will have been hoping for stutzman to win

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

This is a solid ad. I wonder if the Trump downballot effect is a thing.

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

This is a solid ad. I wonder if the Trump downballot effect is a thing.

I'd wager that it is and Maggie Hassan's one of the challengers in a good position to capitalize on it against Kelly Ayotte :unsmigghh:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I think the McGinty nomination combined with the Trump ticket gives Toomey an extremely narrow path to victory.

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

I think the McGinty nomination combined with the Trump ticket gives Toomey an extremely narrow path to victory.

Yeah, Toomey's probably cursing Trump a lot under his breadth. Add to that that McGinty will probably have Clinton and Obama stumping for her since they endorsed her, I'm guessing he's not in a very happy place.

I'd also like to see both the DSCC/DNC and Clinton campaign put a good amount of resources into North Carolina. Burr's not very popular and he's got a fairly credible opponent. Combine that with the Trump situation and the local Repub meltdown down there that's threatening to cost them the gubernatorial race I think it's worht the investment.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen

GalacticAcid posted:

There's also the fact that the Democratic party has huge influence in PA. Sestak has practically been campaigning for this seat since he lost the last election. McGinty literally came out of nowhere over night and won this thing because of Obama, Wolf, and Wasserman-Shultz.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

If you are Mitch, what's your plan re: Garland now? Other than running around saying 'I'm panicking'

Pray you can keep the Senate and block Clinton for the next 4 years. If they lose the WH and Senate in November they're going to confirm Garland though because the Dems will immediately nuke the filibuster if Clinton nominates someone and a GOP minority blocks it.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

This makes me think of an MMO quest description

"You must challenge 10 giant chaos in economy to level up"

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Zapp Brannigan posted:

There's also the fact that the Democratic party has huge influence in PA. Sestak has practically been campaigning for this seat since he lost the last election. McGinty literally came out of nowhere over night and won this thing because of Obama, Wolf, and Wasserman-Shultz.

Wolf definitely helped since she got to be his chief of staff for a year and pad her resume, but she won pretty handily and would have done so without Obama or the national democratic machine behind her. Sestak lost because as others have said, he's a great candidate on paper but not so much in practice, and I think most of McGinty's voters felt like he had his shot and they didn't want him to blow it against a Toomey rematch.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Pray you can keep the Senate and block Clinton for the next 4 years. If they lose the WH and Senate in November they're going to confirm Garland though because the Dems will immediately nuke the filibuster if Clinton nominates someone and a GOP minority blocks it.

If Clinton wins the whitehouse + senate, Obama will take Garland off the table, while saying something amazingly smug about as the GOP wanted the people have spoken and clinton will get to select the new nominee.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Gorilla Desperado posted:

I'd also like to see both the DSCC/DNC and Clinton campaign put a good amount of resources into North Carolina. Burr's not very popular and he's got a fairly credible opponent. Combine that with the Trump situation and the local Repub meltdown down there that's threatening to cost them the gubernatorial race I think it's worht the investment.

I'd be genuinely surprised if they did. They don't need NC to get to 270 and VA is more of a sure bet. After Hagan dumped twice as much as Tillis to lose by half a point in 2014 I doubt they'd be willing to expend resources they'd rather put to use in OH/FL, and they can get a majority without flipping Burr's seat.

That being said this is probably the best possible cycle to take advantage of the problems NC republicans have created for themselves. Which goes beyond unpopular legislation to the state party ousting its first black chairman, a public fight that's growing uglier by the day.

Alec Bald Snatch has issued a correction as of 08:55 on May 9, 2016

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

comes along bort posted:

I'd be genuinely surprised if they did. They don't need NC to get to 270 and VA is more of a sure bet. After Hagan dumped twice as much as Tillis to lose by half a point in 2014 I doubt they'd be willing to expend resources they'd rather put to use in OH/FL, and they can get a majority without flipping Burr's seat.

That being said this is probably the best possible cycle to take advantage of the problems NC republicans have created for themselves. Which goes beyond unpopular legislation to the state party ousting its first black chairman, a public fight that's growing uglier by the day.

The value isn't so much the electoral votes as (a) The Senate map for 2018 is unimaginably bad for Democrats (25 D or D-caucusing I seats vs 8 R seats, some nearly indefensible D seats and only one R seat you could even dream of flipping in your wildest dreams about the election) and every seat they can flip now helps and (b) we're getting close to 2020 and it's necessary to start focusing on state level elections to undo the Republican gerrymander after 2020.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

evilweasel posted:

The value isn't so much the electoral votes as (a) The Senate map for 2018 is unimaginably bad for Democrats (25 D or D-caucusing I seats vs 8 R seats, some nearly indefensible D seats and only one R seat you could even dream of flipping in your wildest dreams about the election) and every seat they can flip now helps and (b) we're getting close to 2020 and it's necessary to start focusing on state level elections to undo the Republican gerrymander after 2020.
Ugh, 2018. Terrible map, Republicans will be fired up to stick it to that crazy radical Hitlery Kkklinton after two years of her femino-communist tyranny, Democrats will be sad and disappointed that she hasn't solved all the problems, all combined with the usual Democratic haplessness at midterm turnout.

Enjoy reading all those "Is the GOP dead!?!?" articles now, because in two and a half years the GOP will look like world-beating titans.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

FMguru posted:

Enjoy reading all those "Is the GOP dead!?!?" articles now, because in two and a half years the GOP will look like world-beating titans.

I don't disagree with you overall, but I think the GOP of the 2018 midterms will be very different (in tone and policy) from the 2014 variety.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

If Clinton wins the whitehouse + senate, Obama will take Garland off the table, while saying something amazingly smug about as the GOP wanted the people have spoken and clinton will get to select the new nominee.

I hope he pulls Garland after the election and nominates Eric Holder instead. That would be perfect.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Ah, beaten.

Lycus has issued a correction as of 01:26 on May 11, 2016

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh my god :allears:
https://twitter.com/scottwongDC/status/730467240726925312

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I'm going to miss the beautiful ways that Harry Reid trolls people.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Will someone post the text of it here? I can't load Twitter at work :(

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
Here ya go

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

that's a really vague series of statements so it's hard to tell but it comes off as remarkably petty on Reid's end

• Locked thread