Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I think I'd probably cut Weapons Guidance and Prockets and put ProTorps on Poe?

Another good SuperDash wingman is Lone Wolf Luke with Engine Upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I'm inclined even to think about Ion Torps on Poe. Rarely useful, but when it is, WAY more so than Weapons Guidance or even Prockets.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, that's actually not bad. Being able to ionize a small swarm is pretty strong.

TastyShrimpPlatter
Dec 18, 2006

It's me, I'm the
I got a 3d printer and started making stuff. I'm going to hand these out to folks at my store later this week.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

What would it cost for you to make me one and ship it to me in Seattle?

TastyShrimpPlatter
Dec 18, 2006

It's me, I'm the

Some Numbers posted:

What would it cost for you to make me one and ship it to me in Seattle?

Lucky for you I'm in Seattle. Sent you a PM

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Finster Dexter posted:

So, I practiced with this list the other day, and I've done better with this Dash list than any other, so far. I feel like it needs some fine-tuning, though. With Poe, there are just too many extra points floating around.

Dash Rendar (36)
Push the Limit (3)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Proton Rockets (3)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Outrider (5)

Poe Dameron (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R5-P9 (3)
Weapons Guidance (2)
Autothrusters (2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

It's just a little awkward. I'm not totally sold on Weapons Guidance, but is useful if I don't plan to regen that round. I thought about putting Torps+Chimps on Poe, but I really don't want to spend his action on target locks when he needs focus so badly. I dunno. I beat Palp Aces with it, so I'm feeling good, but I still need to practice against u-boats.

I'd prob put Flechette Torps on Poe and ditch prokets on Dash

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

TastyShrimpPlatter posted:

I got a 3d printer and started making stuff. I'm going to hand these out to folks at my store later this week.

Make more, send them all over the place (like Canada), take my money for one, profit.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I don't feel like torpedoes on Poe is a useful investment because aside from those times you need to swing a K-turn or Tallon roll, the cardinal rule of Poe Club is always be focusing. Similarly, Weapons Guidance has always struck me as more useful for low PS ships that can hang on to their focus as a panic button when getting shot, then if they weather the storm they can spend it on making their attack really hurt, but spending Poe's focus early like that to eke out an extra hit seems counterproductive when it could, over the course of play, equal that extra hit, extra evades, and a shield.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Weapons Guidance is more useful the fewer attack dice you have and also, as Kai Tave said, the lower your pilot skill.

I've had good results from it with TIE/fo pilots with middling pilot skill. Particularly Epsilon Leader due to not having an EPT.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
Anyone want to play TTS? I'll be on steam: N.S.A from now until midnight EST hit me up.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Wait, you're in Seattle?

... Do you play at Card Kingdom? If so, the odds are very high that you've met Some Numbers and I in person. Multiple times.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Deviant I hope you appreciate the weird as gently caress list I just sent to Strobe.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ConfusedUs posted:

Deviant I hope you appreciate the weird as gently caress list I just sent to Strobe.

Can confirm, it's weird as gently caress.

In case you guys are curious, here are some list demographics. So far I've received 16 lists. In those 16 lists, there are:

Seven generic pilots, total. Including Palpshuttles. What the gently caress guys?
Seven T-65 X-wings. That aren't mine. Seriously what the gently caress guys?
Five Imperial, five Rebel, and six Scum lists.
16 large base ships and 26 small base ships.
The largest number of ships in one list: four.
Average number of ships in a list: 2.6

This is gonna be a weird-rear end league. I like it.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I love that I represent a significant portion of at least one of those stats

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Strobe posted:

This is actually super cool.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Strobe posted:

gently caress Yeah, X-wing

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Strobe posted:

In case you guys are curious, here are some list demographics. So far I've received 16 lists. In those 16 lists, there are:

Seven generic pilots, total. Including Palpshuttles. What the gently caress guys?

ConfusedUs posted:

I love that I represent a significant portion of at least one of those stats

2x Ghost?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Deviant posted:

2x Ghost?

I'd run double decimator before I ran 2x ghost.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Today I learned that is incredibly easy to take too much ordnance on a TIE Punisher. I also learned that concussion missiles + guidance chips is practically a guaranteed four hits every time. Went 1-1.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Strobe posted:

what in the gently caress, i chose 3 generics and 4 ships. There are a total of 4 other generic ships in the league? What are you nerds doing? How is four the largest squad?!

WHAT IS GOING ON

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Brunas posted:

what in the gently caress, i chose 3 generics and 4 ships. There are a total of 4 other generic ships in the league? What are you nerds doing? How is four the largest squad?!

WHAT IS GOING ON

Have you sent me your list yet? I don't have it written down anywhere.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Strobe posted:

Have you sent me your list yet? I don't have it written down anywhere.

rip, thought we were just posting them. just messaged you on steam

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Oh, more fun list demographics. I have now received 19 of 22 lists. Ships not present in any list:

Millenium Falcon
B-wing
Y-wing dammit Brunas
E-wing
HWK-290
Attack Shuttle
Z-95

TIE Punisher

Syck
K-fighter
Z-95
HWK-290
Y-wing
StarViper

There is actually a TIE Bomber this week. There is actually an Imperial Firespray this week.

The gently caress is wrong with this league.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Strobe posted:

Oh, more fun list demographics. I have now received 19 of 22 lists. Ships not present in any list:

Millenium Falcon
B-wing
Y-wing dammit Brunas
E-wing
HWK-290
Attack Shuttle
Z-95

TIE Punisher

Syck
K-fighter
Z-95
HWK-290
Y-wing
StarViper

There is actually a TIE Bomber this week. There is actually an Imperial Firespray this week.

The gently caress is wrong with this league.

Someone is going to show up with a reasonable list and trash everything on accident.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I swear I am the only one who likes the kirhazx

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
When I get the last list submitted, I'll post all of them here to marvel at. Because you guys deserve it. But I won't put names on them. GUESS WHO

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I tried using a TIE bomber for the past four or five weeks at x-wing night at the local store and I can't do it anymore, sorry.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Somebody poke guts and bolts to get him to send me his list.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

I like the Khiraxz quite a lot, too. :(:respek: It's just a shame that Talonbane is so expensive, for how quickly he melts under fire. (and how little he's able to do about it, unlike an Inty pilot) I hope they get even a minor buff soon, and I'll definitely put my two out on the table more often.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

PM also sent, I'm off in Kirkland

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kilo147 posted:

PM also sent, I'm off in Kirkland

That makes the possibility of splitting a copy of ImpVets a lot easier.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Finally flew against a Ghost list today, got rekt 0-2.

The list was Chopper w/Hera crew and Han Solo crew(!), Autoblaster Turret, FCS, Biggs with R4-D6 and IA, and two Prototype Pilots with Chardaan and no autothrusters, something like that.

First game I was experimenting with Scum, using Zuckuss, N'Dru, and Kavil. I actually came close on that one, killing all his ships and bringing the Ghost down to 3 hull, but by that point all I had left was a stressed-out damaged N'Dru. I put too many points into Zuckuss whose cloaking device burned out the first time I used it (RIP) but even despite me flying him badly he still got a fair bit of work done. Here's what I think I'm going to outfit him with next time:

Zuckuss
-Juke
-Dengar
-Cloaking Device
-Stygium Particle Accelerator
-Mist Hunter
-Tractor Beam
-Electronic Baffle

Dengar means that FCS is redundant, and while I could go with Advanced Sensors, I'm still gonna give the Cloak/Stygium/Juke combo another go to see if it's truly a bum deal or not. This should also clear up enough points for me to put Glitterstim on N'Dru which would have swung the game in my favor...the final exchange between me and the Ghost I rolled a hit and three eyes...and if I drop him from Homing Missiles down to Concussion Missiles then I might also have enough points left over to go from Seismic Charges on Kavil to Proton Bombs. Otherwise if the cloak doesn't pan out then I'll drop it and Stygium and just go Advanced Sensors.

Second game was using Wes Wedge and Dutch and I got beat up because I flew dumb...I left Dutch too exposed ahead of everyone else and the Ghost mauls ships like Y-Wings, then I made the bad last minute decision to peel Wedge off from the skirmish with the A-Wings to get some shots in on Biggs and just basically made rookie mistakes, oh well.

The Ghost with Hera is pretty ridiculous, being able to largely ignore the effects of stress on your dial courtesy of her ability plus FCS for target locks is like the inverse, better Tycho. Both games I went for the A-Wings who were swooping down the long way for the flank first, and I still think that's the right call as exposing your flank to even a couple of mostly unupgraded A's can erode your ships and tackling the Ghost head on isn't a winning move either, but next time I need to keep any of my Y-Wings closer to my chest since they can get torn to pieces by the Ghost fairly easily if I let them.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Electronic baffle is really bad.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

zVxTeflon posted:

It might have helped in the game I played where an errant stress prevented me from a K-turn that would have been beneficial and would probably have saved me more than the 1 point of damage, but admittedly it was largely a what-else choice. Normally I'd go FCS, but Dengar makes that somewhat redundant. I think Advanced Sensors is ultimately going to be the way to go as much as I like the prospect of the Cloaking Device allowing for some crazy movement shenanigans. Probably that and Inertial Dampeners. All together it's still probably too many points on a single 1 Agi 8 HP ship, but more reliable.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

I like it as well, I've got a Khiraxz + M3-A + StarViper list that will probably play at some point.

It's just got a terrible dial, poor evasion and weak shields, other than that it's great!

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope
Happy Star Wars Day everyone!

Anyone know of some good sales? I see GOG is having their usual, plus they just added Shadows of the Empire.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

zVxTeflon posted:

It has its place I think (though I've not tried out my hypothesis yet) but I very much doubt it should be used... you know, often.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Aramoro posted:

I like it as well, I've got a Khiraxz + M3-A + StarViper list that will probably play at some point.

It's just got a terrible dial, poor evasion and weak shields, other than that it's great!

Eh, I don't really think the dial is terrible, there are ships with lousy dials but the K-fighter isn't one of them. For a jouster not having a 1-straight kind of sucks but having a 1-hard turn is a nice consolation. The option for a 4- or 5-K turn is also nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Eh, I don't really think the dial is terrible, there are ships with lousy dials but the K-fighter isn't one of them. For a jouster not having a 1-straight kind of sucks but having a 1-hard turn is a nice consolation. The option for a 4- or 5-K turn is also nice.

It's got no 3 hard turn and no 1 forwards, with no discretionary movement options built in and no special movement options like s-loop etc. It's incredibly unagile, making it hard to catch interceptors etc but at the same time it's not tough enough to straight up joust with larger ships. So the dial combined with it's lack of other choices really make it struggle.

• Locked thread