Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's what they looked like in the movie. Just blue Vulcans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

That's what they looked like in the movie. Just blue Vulcans.

Nah, Ronan looked huge, looming and badass. These guys looked like doofy cosplayers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes but Ronan was an accuser. The ones the Novas speak to don't have the aura he does at all.

They give off a slimy politician vibe instead.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 05:43 on May 4, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kree in the comics are just blue humans, I don't know what anyone was expecting from the movies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Yes but Ronan was an accuser. The ones the Novas speak to don't have the aura he does at all.

Lurdiak posted:

Kree in the comics are just blue humans, I don't know what anyone was expecting from the movies.

Better costuming than 1960's Star Trek Klingons. But that's what we got tonight.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Better costuming than 1960's Star Trek Klingons. But that's what we got tonight.

Did you even see Guardians of the Galaxy? Kree are just blue humans with little dabs of black facepaint.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Did you even see Guardians of the Galaxy? Kree are just blue humans with little dabs of black facepaint.

I stand by my assessment that the GotG Kree looked far better than the chubby guys in this episode.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I stand by my assessment that the GotG Kree looked far better than the chubby guys in this episode.

Well you're wrong.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Well you're wrong.

Not really but okay.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They were lovely, but it wasn't the makeup. That was exactly the same.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Someone post screencaps of the AoS Kree so that self-respecting people who don't watch AoS can judge.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Picture here: http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Failed_Experiments

DrProsek posted:

Yeah that tiny photo of the two dudes doesn't look good. I don't pay any attention to the Marvel cosmic stuff so I don't know what Kree look like in comicbooks but that just looks like some dudes in blueface :shrug:.

That's all they are, but that's also all they are in the movie and not some different version for the show.

Edit: Awful app lives up to its name. This was supposed to be a new post. Thanks, radium.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 4, 2016

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Yeah that tiny photo of the two dudes doesn't look good. I don't pay any attention to the Marvel cosmic stuff so I don't know what Kree look like in comicbooks but that just looks like some dudes in blueface :shrug:.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Maybe this is just over a decade of being conditioned by Star Trek speaking but honestly that look isn't that bad. It needs something prosthetic to give them a distinctive profile though, and better costuming.

They remind me of the barber from TNG.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The SHIELD one actually has more prosthetic work than the Kree from Guardians.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm sad that we won't be getting any more Agent Carter. :(

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

citation needed*

Unless you mean because it got renewed for a 4th season then I guess that counts?

By my count it's the sixth highest rated drama on ABC :downs:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

howe_sam posted:

By my count it's the sixth highest rated drama on ABC :downs:

What's it behind?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's it behind?
Going by these numbers, ShondaLand, Quantico, and Once Upon a Time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

Quantico having high ratings is puzzling because it is absolutely terrible.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I don't know if they're that high. It has fairly high ratings for delayed viewings, though.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I think the lead actress being literally the most attractive woman in the world helps it a bit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

I think the lead actress being literally the most attractive woman in the world helps it a bit.

I'm sure her and the dozen other stupidly attractive people in the cast doesn't hurt either. The show is still dreck though. My girlfriend watches it and I've caught about a dozen full episodes and it really is terrible. At least the Shonda hows have a few likable characters.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I'm sure her and the dozen other stupidly attractive people in the cast doesn't hurt either. The show is still dreck though. My girlfriend watches it and I've caught about a dozen full episodes and it really is terrible. At least the Shonda hows have a few likable characters.

All I know is that if ABC doesn't stop airing that 5-second "WHOAHH-OHHH-OHH-OH-OHHHHHHHHHHH Get ready for [SHOW NAME]!" promo/jingle before every single goddamn thing they air, I am going to lose it.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 4, 2016

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

ufarn posted:

I don't know if they're that high. It has fairly high ratings for delayed viewings, though.

Jesus, you ain't kidding 110% increase in the most recent week of DVR numbers released :stare:

AoS also got a nice 90% boost.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

All I know is that if ABC doesn't stop airing that "WHOAHH-OHHH-OHH-OH-OHHHHHHHHHHH" 5-second "Get ready for [SHOW NAME]!" promo/jingle before every single goddamn thing they air, I am going to lose it.

I figure that's 75% of the reason I hate AoS.

Nah, it's mostly Chloe Bennet.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I figure that's 75% of the reason I hate AoS.

Nah, it's mostly Chloe Bennet.

Chloe Bennet has had like the most amazing life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

Chloe Bennet has had like the most amazing life.

She is like the most amazingly bad actress.

If the show dumped Coulson, Daisy, Lincoln, brought back Bobbie and dropped all references to Inhumans it might become watchable.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Meanwhile in Flash, Barry continues to make bad decisions, but hey, at least we are getting Wally-Flash and Jessie Quick out of it.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Rhyno posted:

She is like the most amazingly bad actress.

If the show dumped Coulson, Daisy, Lincoln, brought back Bobbie and dropped all references to Inhumans it might become watchable.

So you're all in for the Bobbie/Hunter spin-off is what you're saying?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jng2058 posted:

So you're all in for the Bobbie/Hunter spin-off is what you're saying?

I believe I was quite clear about bring Bobbie back.

gently caress Hunter. Nick Blood is awful.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

howe_sam posted:

Curious. I wasn't any illusion that it would be their number one drama or anything, but I had thought it was two or three. Not sure what gave me that impression. Maybe it's because the other ones don't have as much presence in the UK, at least as far as I'm aware.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

Curious. I wasn't any illusion that it would be their number one drama or anything, but I had thought it was two or three. Not sure what gave me that impression. Maybe it's because the other ones don't have as much presence in the UK, at least as far as I'm aware.

I believe Quantico and the Sondaland shows are all on Sky channels here, and OUaT did such bad ratings that Channel 5 couldn't justify keeping it, and it eventually ended up as a Netflix day-and-date-exclusive.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
It makes me laugh how biased Andrew Kreisberg (and probably Geoff Johns) are about continuing to use a lot of characters they created in the DCTV shows.

This week was Rupture who I had never even heard of, but then looked up and welp. First things that catch my eye are "New 52" "Kreisberg" "Johns". Yep.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

redbackground posted:

Agent Carter gets bad ratings though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Longbaugh01 posted:

It makes me laugh how biased Andrew Kreisberg (and probably Geoff Johns) are about continuing to use a lot of characters they created in the DCTV shows.

This week was Rupture who I had never even heard of, but then looked up and welp. First things that catch my eye are "New 52" "Kreisberg" "Johns". Yep.

Yeah it's weird someone would want to use characters they get royalties for.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Arrow finally went forward with a plot and it turned out to be a good episode. Reminds me of how good Arrow can be when it wants to.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Madkal posted:

Arrow finally went forward with a plot and it turned out to be a good episode. Reminds me of how good Arrow can be when it wants to.

I'm just glad it was solved by the Power of Friendship and not "OLICITY FOREVER TRUE LOVE BEATS ALL!"

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah it's weird someone would want to use characters they get royalties for.

You didn't have to be snarky, but that's a really good point that I didn't think of at all, so thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gaz-L posted:

I believe Quantico and the Sondaland shows are all on Sky channels here, and OUaT did such bad ratings that Channel 5 couldn't justify keeping it, and it eventually ended up as a Netflix day-and-date-exclusive.

Fair enough. I guess I assumed AoS was bigger because it's on Channel 4.

Again, I might be over-estimating the enduring popularity of Channel 4. I mostly watch TV after the fact on DVDs nowadays.