Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Back stabs not being central to pvp is very refreshing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
backstabs are cool in this game. theyre not actually instant like they said it would be, you can miss the stab. its as difficult to land as a parry in pvp now

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I like doing the <30% roll with both the blood and milk rings on because I can't keep track of the rolling anymore and the camera circles wildly and who knows where I'll end up

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I.N.R.I posted:

backstabs are cool in this game. theyre not actually instant like they said it would be, you can miss the stab. its as difficult to land as a parry in pvp now

i get backstabbed from the front a lot and its gay lol. even happens when i damage them with a hit sometimes

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

i get backstabbed from the front a lot and its gay lol. even happens when i damage them with a hit sometimes

Weird poo poo

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
So what was the deal with the dlcs 2 or 3??

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The store page for the season pass says 2 so that's what I'll believe. I think id prefer two Artorias length DLCs over three Crown length DLCs anyway.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Rapiers are the least fun weapon to fight against I think. Though I use a spear and that probably isn't much more enjoyable for the other person lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Anyway who wants to do this fight club. I need 4-5

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

PC
Archdragon Peak
pass: impzone
who in

net cafe scandal fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 4, 2016

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Estoc users are huge cowards that never take risks

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

PC
Archdragon Peak
who in

I'll be there... But first I gotta beat ancient wyvern.....

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

PC
Archdragon Peak
who in

where's the red soap.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Nameless king is a real wanker. Too much HP imo.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

where's the red soap.

Kill the non-hostile man grub outside of Rosarias bedroom.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Kill the non-hostile man grub outside of Rosarias bedroom.

Where is the pvp hotspot in archdragon peak exactly

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think the expanse where you fight Havel with the dragon corpse near the end of the level shall make a fine arena. That's my only idea unless someone else hosts though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i like the crown dlcs of 2 a lot cause it put an emphasis on exploration and environments instead of a few rooms between bosses like artorias. theyre saying its gonna be old hunters sized DLCs though, which was some genuinely new big areas to explore and lots of new bosses, and it's based From and not some B-team so my hopes are high.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I think the expanse where you fight Havel with the dragon corpse near the end of the level shall make a fine arena. That's my only idea unless someone else hosts though

idk the password eliminates levels and scales ppl. just do it in road of sacrifices or something so everyone can do it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i like the crown dlcs of 2 a lot cause it put an emphasis on exploration and environments instead of a few rooms between bosses like artorias. theyre saying its gonna be old hunters sized DLCs though, which was some genuinely new big areas to explore and lots of new bosses, and it's based From and not some B-team so my hopes are high.

ds3 is the b team

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

idk the password eliminates levels and scales ppl. just do it in road of sacrifices or something so everyone can do it

Can't host in an area with a boss Ive killed and NK and the final boss are the only ones I haven't killed yet. I'm
open to someone else hosting though

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I'm ready

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

drat i'm on ps4. rip

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Nothing is even happening I'll host of it comes to it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i want to play but it's 3:30am. please play at civilised hours in future

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hmm we should plan for a different day. How does Thurs at 8pm est sound

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Avelyn is loving sweet because you can do the one handed reload animation after killing someone in PVP and you know that they know exactly how badass you look

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was co-oping princes today, and i was doing all of the work while the host threw pyromancies at him. anyway, the fight progressed over to the fog door, and i'm pretty sure he clipped through it. i could hear him grunting and swinging somewhere, but he was nowhere to be found in the arena. i look around, and i'm gesturing at the host just as he teleports right on my head and cleaves me dead with his stand-up-and-swing move.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i didn't get in on the character posting earlier in the thread so here's what i've opted for now that i've gone through the game and gotten all gear except the armor of thorns (my greatest mistake)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I wear all dancer armor cause it makes my rear end look good:eyepop:

Soral
May 30, 2009

oceiros is kicking my rear end at sl1 does anybody have any tips. even just the run to him is dangerous as gently caress, like all the enemies in that area have long reach and kill me in 1 hit

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Soral posted:

oceiros is kicking my rear end at sl1 does anybody have any tips. even just the run to him is dangerous as gently caress, like all the enemies in that area have long reach and kill me in 1 hit

try using souls to level up at the bonfire maiden

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

whn la mulana 2 comes out im gonna buy a notebook for everything nd i wish i'd done that for the first game. ive got some stray notes for a few puzzles though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol whoops

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I wish the darkmoon covenants worked. invading as a red I think is more fun cause youre usually outnumbered but it would be nice to have the chance for more variety

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ring of steel protection nullifies the absorption hit from carthus bloodring

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

apropos to nothing posted:

I wish the darkmoon covenants worked. invading as a red I think is more fun cause youre usually outnumbered but it would be nice to have the chance for more variety

It works nearly constantly at sl50 max weapon +6. Anything above this and yeah it's borked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

what the hell is that thing

• Locked thread