Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
So the humble bundle is worth is for runbow and affordable space adventures right? After today's additions I'm going to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also Rhythm Thief and Shantae.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Is Shantae better on the 3DS or Wii U?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

BexGu posted:

Is Shantae better on the 3DS or Wii U?

Doesn't matter; you get it on both.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Looper posted:

god forbid people make fun of a dude looking up pictures of a guy to make fun of him on a lovely forum

Lol

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Senerio posted:

Doesn't matter; you get it on both.

Citizens of Earth is just one or the other, right? I heard that game is bad and crashes, but I don't know which one is less bad and crashy.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Pretty lol that the Polygon dude got away with his reviewing assignment by throwing up his hands and turning in the Shark Sandwich essay.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

raditts posted:

Citizens of Earth is just one or the other, right? I heard that game is bad and crashes, but I don't know which one is less bad and crashy.

Yeah, I grabbed it on Wii U and tossed the code out into the Aether.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Pretty lol that the Polygon dude got away with his reviewing assignment by throwing up his hands and turning in the Shark Sandwich essay.

I wish I could get paid to not do something I get paid to do. That'd be sweet.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He's the editor in chief he can do whatever he wants

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

greatn posted:

He's the editor in chief he can do whatever he wants

Even better, good to be the boss

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Never heard of Runbow. What's it like?

raditts posted:

Just the one copy and the Wii U version is the one you'll want to pick if you want to actually play it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Saoshyant posted:

Never heard of Runbow. What's it like?

Just the one copy and the Wii U version is the one you'll want to pick if you want to actually play it.

It's a really fun looking platformer/running game where the background is a solid color like blue or red and the color changes in time with the music. The catch is all red platforms "vanish" into the red background when it changes and it cycles through them rather quickly so you have to keep on your toes.

There's like a 8player race thing going on with it to if I recall. I really gotta try it at some point as it looks fun.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Runbow has a 9 player multiplayer mode.

1 Wii U Gamepad + 4 Wiimotes + 4 Classic Controllers / Classic Controller Pros connected to the Wiimotes.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Dang, that sounds like an amazing clusterfuck. I wish I knew enough people who would want to get on something like that.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Citizens of Earth is pretty horrible and a buggy mess most of the time. It was such a letdown.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Golden Goat posted:

Citizens of Earth is pretty horrible and a buggy mess most of the time. It was such a letdown.

It's also a pretty bad Earthbound wannabe even if you get past all that.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Instant Sunrise posted:

1 Wii U Gamepad + 4 Wiimotes + 4 Classic Controllers / Classic Controller Pros connected to the Wiimotes.

I'm pretty sure you can even use nunchuks in lieu of classic controllers since all you need is direction+jump+punch.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Also you can use a Wii U Pro Controller but it takes the place of one wiimote/classic controller combo if you do so.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's also a pretty bad Earthbound wannabe even if you get past all that.

I'd say it's more worthwhile than that, but only if you get it real cheap. I found it quite a nice time sink for five bucks, I enjoyed the concept of being a slicked-back politician collecting ordinary citizens like Pokemon and using them to fight barista robots. The game's got some decent music tracks and it's surprisingly open-world, you can pretty quickly in go off the rails and wander around recruiting people like Radiata Stories or something like that.

The pilot is loving OP is what's up though

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

raditts posted:

I could've sworn that was announced before Minecraft was.

It was but they delayed it a couple times. Either way, it'll be a good port that does everything you expect it to do with the gamepad, unlike Minecraft.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This is for a Wii game, but is it worth playing Pandora Tower. I had a copy for a few years now, but forgot I had it until now. The only thing I know about the game is a glitch in the NA version that is game breaking.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
When are we getting the last story

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mistwalker co-owns that game, I think, so probably never because Nintendo doesn't care enough to cut a deal for a re-release.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rirse posted:

This is for a Wii game, but is it worth playing Pandora Tower. I had a copy for a few years now, but forgot I had it until now. The only thing I know about the game is a glitch in the NA version that is game breaking.

Yes it's worth playing. It's a good game.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Looper posted:

When are we getting the last story

i'm playing it right now, on my nintendo wii

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

what is the pandora's tower game breaking glitch. i intend to play that after i finish the last story

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
I like to believe that The Last Story was the real FFXIII all along.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Was Star Fox Guard supposed to come with Zero? I'm quite enjoying Zero, but feel like it's a bit light on for content at $80 AUD.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

How do i go about becoming Admin of this thread? I found a copy of Earthbound right before buying it on the eShop. I need to speak to the current CEO of the thread.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Mad Katter posted:

Was Star Fox Guard supposed to come with Zero? I'm quite enjoying Zero, but feel like it's a bit light on for content at $80 AUD.

I think Star Fox Guard was a limited edition only deal. You can get it digitally, though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mad Katter posted:

The version with Guard is in one of the standard WiiU Limited/Special Edition boxes.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Heh, the top contributor section on the Nintendo HIB is great. Between the Wonderful 101 guy, and Damon Baker from NOA and the 13AM Games studio outdoing each other as a joke it's a pretty amusing way to give money to charity.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'd say it's more worthwhile than that, but only if you get it real cheap. I found it quite a nice time sink for five bucks, I enjoyed the concept of being a slicked-back politician collecting ordinary citizens like Pokemon and using them to fight barista robots. The game's got some decent music tracks and it's surprisingly open-world, you can pretty quickly in go off the rails and wander around recruiting people like Radiata Stories or something like that.

The pilot is loving OP is what's up though

I liked the combat in it and I thought the dialogue was charming at points. I liked recruiting random people to fight for you with super mundane jobs.

It's bugs though and frequent and long loading times actually put me off playing it further. Bugs include crashing because of specific attacks and massive slowdown due to multiple enemies in battle.

It's would be worth the low price if the bugs were fixed.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's a really fun looking platformer/running game where the background is a solid color like blue or red and the color changes in time with the music. The catch is all red platforms "vanish" into the red background when it changes and it cycles through them rather quickly so you have to keep on your toes.

There's like a 8player race thing going on with it to if I recall. I really gotta try it at some point as it looks fun.

Yeah, it's really fun when you have a lot of people. There's a "story" mode you can play single-player but it's literally the same thing as the multiplayer, just with nobody to compete with, so it's kind of dull on that end.

Instant Sunrise posted:

There's also a mode where the person using the gamepad can control the color swaps to try and kill the other 8 players.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This is extremely important

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/727875594495533056

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

DILF of the year.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

the entire 30 year history of nintendo games have been leading up to this moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Is it possible to use a Wii Pro controller with the Wii U console?

• Locked thread