Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Lord Twisted posted:

Re: deff dreads gaining deep strike... Maybe infiltrate or outflank instead? The teleports shunt them into position? 25 pts per dread?

I'm not even mad at that...I'll weigh that against the options I picked yesterday: DS, scatter only d6, plus get Shrouded from shimmering sparky bitz & such, no assault out of DS (though that's definitely going back to Vulcha Skwad). Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SatelliteCore posted:

The second one is who do you imagine Gaunt's voice to sound like? I can't really think of anyone at the moment.
English, because everyone in the Imperium speaks the Queen's Emperor's.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

He sounds like Horatio Hornblower

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SatelliteCore posted:

The second one is who do you imagine Gaunt's voice to sound like? I can't really think of anyone at the moment.

I really like the Dawn of War and BFG Commissar voices, so I imagine he'd sound kinda like them. Gruff British Officer, but not with a cockney accent or anything like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sgimfISzPs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb6cSEI1FLk

"Its your duty to draw their fire!"

The Kingfish posted:

Hah, that'll work.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Zaphod42 posted:

I really like the Dawn of War and BFG Commissar voices, so I imagine he'd sound kinda like them. Gruff British Officer, but not with a cockney accent or anything like that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sgimfISzPs

Every now and then instead of getting a song stuck in my head I'll get quotes from something. It happens with the Commissar's voice more often than not. Sometimes it gets mixed up with the Priest voice.
"We lost because you were all weak!"
They're just really fun voices to do when you're all alone and no one can hear you saying stupid stuff to yourself or your cats.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I never played DOW II, but I like to quote the Orks from DOW I all the time :orks:

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Iron Crowned posted:

I never played DOW II, but I like to quote the Orks from DOW I all the time :orks:

You should give DOW 2 a chance just for the Ork Campaign in Retribution. Captain Bluddflagg is a gift to the world.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

SatelliteCore posted:

I've always heard him as Sean Bean's Sharpe, though that Yorkshire accent might fit the Ghosts more.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Crazy Ferret posted:

You should give DOW 2 a chance just for the Ork Campaign in Retribution. Captain Bluddflagg is a gift to the world.

It's literally the only reason to play through that campaign.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Though, for some reason the regular Ork Boyz in Retribution have a Gretchen voice.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Kingfish posted:

Nah he sounds like Sean Bean

e: beaten

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

S.J. posted:

It's literally the only reason to play through that campaign.

The orks and the imerpial guard are the only people with a wholely voiced secondary cast. It was shameful how lazy the other campaigns were.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Terrible Opinions posted:

The orks and the imerpial guard are the only people with a wholely voiced secondary cast. It was shameful how lazy the other campaigns were.

The fact that the campaign was the exact same loving thing for everybody was shameful as hell

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
The first draft of the 40k FAQs are up on FB, and by god half these questions seem to have been written by drooling idiots.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

PantsOptional posted:

The first draft of the 40k FAQs are up on FB, and by god half these questions seem to have been written by drooling idiots.

That's because they were, some of the questions I read when they posted up that they were doing FAQ's made me question how they were able to read the book in the first place.

Brewsuke
Jan 8, 2014

PantsOptional posted:

What 40k FAQs? I'm not smart.

Also, what the heck kind of dumb contest is this? "Hey, give us fluff ideas or something"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Brewsuke posted:

What 40k FAQs? I'm not smart.

Also, what the heck kind of dumb contest is this? "Hey, give us fluff ideas or something"

I think its kinda evil genius actually. They get you to say "oh man I'd love a new army with one of these and one of these and one of those, and if I really got anything I wanted gimme 3 of those other guys too"

And then because most people don't win, they're left there looking at an army list they just put together of poo poo they really want, and its like, welp, shopping list.

It won't work on everybody but if even a few people go "well drat, I just made this cool army, guess I'll just have to buy it the old fashioned way" it pays off.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Games Workshop posted:

Tell us about your dream army.
So we can laugh at it

You ain't gettin' Squat

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
So, I've been dicking around in battlescribe. And I think I created a fun list with sweet dudes in, and also PS I am more stoked to have a fun force than to maxmin everything. That said, are there points I'm wasting or things I should just drop completely because they never make their points up? I wanted to run sang guard instead of DC but they're just so expensive.

Sang priest w bolter and jump pack

5 DC two fists

10 tacs w heavy flamer, sarg w b&c, drop pod

6 man scouts w rifles and flak

Baal predator

Storm Raven las and melta

Wolf Lord w 2 wolves, shield and fist

5 grey hunters w flamer

3 thunderwolf w shields, 2 fists one claw

Ethereal w armor and 2 markers

10 pulserifles and a missile turret

3 xv8 w 4 markers, two missles (velocity tracker) tl plasma rifle (target lock), missile pod and ion blaster (target lock)

Brewsuke
Jan 8, 2014

MrSlam posted:

So we can laugh at it

You ain't gettin' Squat

So much for my plan to spite-purchase $100 worth of plastic only to scream at GW "gently caress YOU BRING BACK SQUATS AND ALSO WHERE ARE MY PLASTIC SISTERS OF BATTLE"

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Trailer/Intro chat: This is still the best 40k cinematic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAMv5gN7u94

TO THE LEFT! OVERWATCH!

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Can someone post the FAQ? Some of us are terrible nerds and disabled our Facebook

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Since we're throwing down some nostalgia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOi3CzZjV0M

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

Can someone post the FAQ? Some of us are terrible nerds and disabled our Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/1575682476085719/photos/pcb.1610528622601104/1610526502601316/?type=3&theater

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

There are at least some nuggets of useful information in there among the questions like "how many attacks do I get for pistol + CCW" or "how does FNP apply to vehicles":

- the controlling player gets to pick whatever is considered the "best save" for a model
- a model can only attempt to cast as many powers in a turn as it has ML (something which was implied but not really stated IIRC)
- witchfires without a weapon profile don't need to roll to hit (specifically calling out Psychic Shriek)
- Hit and Run stops at the table edge

E: also - a model can only have one Relic/Artefact.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 4, 2016

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
A unit can destroy a transport and then charge the unit in inside during the same turn. Kickass.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
That's always been the case, Pendent.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Actually we've played it that you can't, since the shooting target was the vehicle. I guess that's bad news for my DE.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

One of my housemates is happy they finally clarified the Monstrous Creatures / firing overwatch issue (he plays Nids with dakkafexes).

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

That's always been the case, Pendent.

That's not how I remember playing and I use an assault heavy army so I'm pretty excited.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

I'm not even mad at that...I'll weigh that against the options I picked yesterday: DS, scatter only d6, plus get Shrouded from shimmering sparky bitz & such, no assault out of DS (though that's definitely going back to Vulcha Skwad). Thanks!

Hugely backing this project as my friend is basically the biggest Warboss I know. We did an alright job of patching it but I'm too busy/lazy to really focus on getting it looking proppa shiny boss.

A PDF would be amazing.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

IIRC it wasn't allowed in 6th but I know it's explicitly stated in 7th.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
e:fb on the faq.

Still, good reading so far, happy to see all the poo poo they've clarified.

E: HUGE clarification on summoned units--the summoning player chooses whether they arrive swooping or gliding if they are FMCs.

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 4, 2016

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It is explicity stated in the rulebook under "Effect of damage on passengers"

quote:

If a Transport is destroyed by a shooting attack, any unit that shot it that turn can, if allowed, charge the now disembarked passengers.

Half of those FAQ questions have been asked by people that do not play the game, do not own a rulerbook or both.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
IC MCs can join units now.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Q: Can a Fortification Scout?
A: No.

lol

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Models can no longer move through ruin walls.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

TTerrible posted:

Models can no longer move through ruin walls.

Link.

Some crazy stuff:
the void shield got mega nerfed
you can't toe in with FMC's anymore,
You can choose what flavor of blood thirster you want when you summon one,
when you choose if you are on the ground or not when you summon FMCs,
you can jink if not targeted,
can't vectorstrike if jinking,
360* shooting with super heavy walkers,
you can only use one grenade in CC, you don't consolidate off of walkers,
salvo most likely uses the big number when snap firing,
you measure to the base against bikes/arty,
LOS can be drawn from any point on the model,
jinking transports make the contents jink,
can't start battle bros in allied transports,
wobbly model syndrome means you can't move block crash stunned enemy fliers,
same name blessings/maledictions don't stack,
range D templates make one roll for the whole template,
you can multiassault with one model,
you now scout after seize.

TKIY posted:

IC MCs can join units now.

I can't even think of an IC MC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Another big one: You get FNP rolls against attacks that don't allow saves, such as Helfrost fire

• Locked thread