Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drinkfist posted:

I linked that in mumble as a joke. If any of you scum even talk about doing what that lowlife is proposing I will kill your parents for their crime in raising you.

loving goons man. Can't you swine play a loving game and not make it your loving job. Take that shitstain shutin that is farming Ogres up a few posts. There is grinding and then there is taking it up to loving eleven. Learn the goddam difference.

lol just lol. If relaxing by killing ogres for a couple hours after a 10 hour work day is what you considered a job, I would be really interested in knowing what you think the irl equivalent of what "work" is.

Its ok if you spend 10 - 12 hours a day playing this game and you don't have a pri ogre ring, kzarka, etc. You obviously are having fun, which is the purpose of a game, but lol if you're getting worked up because a filthy casual somehow managed to get his hands on a "rare" item.

Either way, it seems you have a lot of growing up to do if you are judging how other people are enjoy a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derrio
Oct 13, 2010

That's not funny.

I came back from vacation to many more quality postings from duster. :downs:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Derrio posted:

The worst thing about him is saying in mumble that the whole farming ogres post was a "Troll post" and then promptly says "Why are all these goontang guys over here stealing my ogres" because he is actually loving doing it. All. loving. Day.

I am not one of those people that rant about "Well if you find it fun." or "If that is how he wants to play the game.". I am just calling him a loving poo poo sperg loser because he is. I would throw bricks at this gently caress's windows if I knew where he lived.

Edit: Also if you are a goontang member then loving find your own goddam mumble channel. I avoid you scum because you all dumped one hundred loving dollars on a thirty dollar game and became the loving reason that if I buy a goddam video game today for sixty then I need to also buy a thirty dollar season pass or some bullshit. When bigger companies see this garbage they start thinking it is perfectly ok to walk off with my goddamn wallet. Every single one of you rancid sewerholes need to get the hell out of our channel or I am gonna be under your bed.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 10:01 on May 4, 2016

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Drinkfist posted:

The worst thing about him is saying in mumble that the whole farming ogres post was a "Troll post" and then promptly says "Why are all these goontang guys over here stealing my ogres" because he is actually loving doing it. All. loving. Day.

I am not one of those people that rant about "Well if you find it fun." or "If that is how he wants to play the game.". I am just calling him a loving poo poo sperg loser because he is. I would throw bricks at this gently caress's windows if I knew where he lived.

Edit: Also if you are a goontang member then loving find your own goddam mumble channel. I avoid you scum because you all dumped one hundred loving dollars on a thirty dollar game and became the loving reason that if I buy a goddam video game today for sixty then I need to also buy a thirty dollar season pass or some bullshit. When bigger companies see this garbage they start thinking it is perfectly ok to walk off with my goddamn wallet. Every single one of you rancid sewerholes need to get the hell out of our channel or I am gonna be under your bed.

:magical:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I love you Drinkfist, and and yes please do no poo poo up Angry Dome with your play by play grinding monologues. Thanks.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Once again drinkfist blurs the lines between grinding angry internet rear end in a top hat and taking it to 11.

Hobo Colossus
Aug 13, 2010

A gentleman and a scholar
Come on, guys, can't you see this is pretend-rage. We're all friends here!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
And people outside of SA think we're a community of like minded individuals. Hah!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Well hey it's the morning maybe there's some patch notes in the threa-

:yikes:

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Drinkfist posted:

What if I'm a $100 but in Parks and Rec?

Also, play 1-2 hour a day, afk crew checking in.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

AppliedPhilosophy posted:

Sup life-having buddy.

Does anyone have a link to a good guide for getting started on production/crafting stuff in this for people who don't have hours and hours in a stretch to play?

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

AppliedPhilosophy posted:

Sorry all of the one kind of people are in the one place and all of the other kind of people are in the other place.

Zelmel posted:

Sup life-having buddy.

Does anyone have a link to a good guide for getting started on production/crafting stuff in this for people who don't have hours and hours in a stretch to play?

For someone with a casual amount of play time, don't look at alchemy.
Firstly, you'll get contribution points.. use them to connect some cities (ideally at least Calpheon to Velia, and as you get more points, get from C->Trent and V->Ilya as well), and get workers harvesting from nodes along the way. You will probably want at least one worker on Birch, Fir and Cedar.

Harvest everything. Get some tools on you, and harvest things. Higher gathering skill means more results. You can likely skip on herbs/plants if you're avoiding alchemy.

For Processing, take all that wood you're workers are making, and turn it into planks. As you get higher level, (10, 20, some of the 5s) there will be quests your spirit can point you to which unlock new types of processing, for example turning planks into plywood. Once you're at the point that you're turning your trees into planks into plywood, you can send all that plywood to Trent, and have a worker there use the available woodworking station (with blackstone powder as well) to create Calpheon Wood Crates. Ship those in the warehouse, in bulk, from Trent->Calp->Velia->Ilya. Have an alt in Ilya who occasionally logs in to sell those crates from the warehouse to the nearby trader, when it's up around 130%, bargain first, and make a ton of money.

For casual play, that's prolly the easiest way to get your processing skill up and get paid while you do it.

Cooking is useful. If you have the energy, at the least have a worker harvesting some grain item, and turn that into beer to feed your workers. If you have too much beer, sell it! Sells quick, makes money.

Avoid farming. Farming is better if you're on more than a couple of hours a day.

After you're done with your playing, afk fish. The game loves when you afk. You'll only get so much in before your pole dies, until you get to higher levels and better poles. But it's free money if you're not too invested in other activities. It also leads you into more crafting.. fishing poles are made at a tool crafting building in a city. You can also make your better gathering tools there. And you can sell these things too.

Hope that gets you started, homie.

glug fucked around with this message at 13:41 on May 4, 2016

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Patch update is being pushed to clients, 2GB patch. Still no notes.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

glug posted:

Awesome, thanks. Now I just have to figure out how bargaining is actually supposed to work since it never seems to succeed for me.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
Maehwa
Fixed the issue where certain chat motions were not showing when walking.
Fixed the issue where the Chase skill combo was being cast too fast.
PVP balance against other classes has been adjusted.

Musa

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Maehwa

Musa

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN
Look at this guy who doesn't get it.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Full patch notes for those that wanted to see them:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/80299-patch-notes-may-4th/

Mediah part 2 is out

New events collect rum for room decoration, eye patch or hat. Title opportunity for fan art. Mother's day event w/ daily buff food http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/79922-mediah-update-part-2-events/

Valencia 1-3 are down until may 18

Boss armor is added

Junk items have had their silver values increased

Some new cash items and loyalty items that aren't worth it

3 new areas

T3 added to wild spawn points

Guild drops from guild bosses increased based on guild size (get wrekt P&R)

flyboi fucked around with this message at 14:09 on May 4, 2016

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Field Boss Dastard Bheg will have a preparation animation before his omnidirectional swing attack.

Translation: Some creatures will now warn you before you all just die.

edit:Description for worker list has been modified

Please have their loving previous jobs listed.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Am I the only one baffled that we're talking about people who can play for 10-12 hours a day like that's a statistically significant group?

You are not the only one who is baffled. I get maybe 1 hour on average per weekday and 2-5 hours total throughout a weekend.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Tungrad forest is the area just south of the frenzied skeletons, which may or may not drop these:

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/11828/

Kuit islands are the pirate islands north of Epheria/Olvia and this hopefully means I can finally get that last node manager in the northern sea for my precious max energy. Guess it's time to go exploring.

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008

Agreeable Badger fucked around with this message at 14:28 on May 4, 2016

Hobo Colossus
Aug 13, 2010

A gentleman and a scholar
"Title – Motherlover"

Welp.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Hell yea, boss armor. Just as I was catching up on the gear curve and could survive pvp

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Hi posted:

Hell yea, boss armor. Just as I was catching up on the gear curve and could survive pvp

It's not really that big of a deal and aside from even getting the armor, getting it to a usable level will take a ton of resources.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0DeIqJm4vM

Looking forward to the mothers day event. :pervert:

Zeg fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 4, 2016

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drinkfist posted:

You seem really upset that I play this game for 4 hours a day while confused on how time works.

Maybe you should go outside, meet a girl, and enjoy some wholesome activities like hiking or frisbee golf.

Its ok if your 4 farm plots, that you spend 8 hours a day tending too, stop producing fruits of whatever. Its just a video game.

Also I live in Portland Oregon, come on by little man. Fight me IRL :roflolmao:

Derrio posted:

You owe me a Banh Mi from Lardo you cheap gently caress

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 4, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Expected buffs, instead got nerfs

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
anyone who says drinkfist seems upset doesn't get drinkfist

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

I'm not sure I want to get Drinkfist.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Unfortunately to work on some tech problem we have to add 1 extra hour to the maintenance. Thanks for your patience.

Patch Notes:

Events
The Yo Ho Ho & a Bottle of Rum event has been enabled.
The Mother's Day event has been enabled.
Click >Here< to find out more about these events.

System Changes
The following NA Channels will be removed until the 18th of May. This is done to improve server stability until we can send a Tech Team to the NA Data Center.
Valencia 1
Valencia 2
Valencia 3
Players can use command for inviting party member has been added.
EN: / invite [character name]
FR: / inviter [character name]
GE:/ einladung [character name]

Witch/Wizard
Fixed the issue where sprint could be continuously used by clicking the LMB while sprinting unarmed.
Fixed the issue where Residual Lightning and Chain Lightning effected the camera.

Maehwa

Musa ???????????

Item Changes[/b]
Boss Armor has been added, you have a slim chance of this dropping by defeating the bosses each item is named after.
Red Nose’s Armor
Giath’s Helmet
Bheg’s Gloves
Muskan’s Shoes
New Contribution items have been added.
Some of the “Massacre” weapon series from Calpheons’ Contribution Rental items have been removed and combined with the “Ronatz Massacre” weapon series.
Kaia Series items have been added.
There are main weapon and armors for Kaia series, each item requires 50 contribution points for rental.
Kaia weapons can be rented via Kanobas in Calpheon and armors can be rented via Dobart.
The following titles have been added. You can unlock each of the by earning points in the Red Battlefield.
Decurion
Centurion
Legion Legate
Black Star
Hero
Junk items obtained from killing monsters have had their sell and exchange values increased.

New Areas have been unlocked
Tungrad Forest
Hasrah Dungeon
Kuit Islands
The amount of Training EXP gained from taming a horse has been increased.
2 type of Tier 3 horses have been added to the wild spawns.
Farming has been added to the achievement system.
Rewards from Red Battle Field has been changed.
Win: Red Seal 6ea -> 5ea.
Lose: Seal 2ea -> 1 ea
Number of Red Seals required for exchange has been changed from 150 ea to 80 ea.

Monsters
Adjusted the number of Sheep, Mountain Goats, Foxes, Wolves and Weasels in Western Balenos, Eastern Balenos, Serendia, Trina Fort, and Epheria Valley.
Guild Bosses Balance and Drop Rate has been increased based on guild size.
Field Boss Dastard Bheg will have a preparation animation before his omnidirectional swing attack.
Balance for the following monsters has been adjusted.
(Manes, Abandoned Iron Mine Barbs, Undead at Soldier's Grave, and Elric Cultists)

Quest Changes
afting Materials required for the “Making a Fishing Rod” quest have been updated.
New Quest “From Small HP Potion to Medium HP Potion” has been added.
New Quest “First Time for Taming a Horse” has been added to the NPC Vanacil in Heidel.
The quest rewards from the Seal of Promise and Toke of Promise quests has been increased from 1 to 2.

Interface Changes
When there is more than one navigation path available the active path will blink.
The cut scene camera for Alejandro Farm Torres has been fixed.
Rosar Shield Graphic and icon has been fixed
Trees that are far away can be seen clearly now.
Description for worker list has been modified

Resolved Issues
Fixed the issue where windows would not closed if you pressed ESC after taking damage from monsters while the End Game Pop-Up window was active.
Fixed the issue where a player's combat exp buff was applied to horses.
Fixed the issue where the Black Spirit would sometimes give wrong directions when clicking on a quest.
Fixed issue where some of objects were not showing up on the pirate islands.
Fixed cash shop issue where class category didn’t match with displayed class.

Also some cash shop pretty pony pretty e-gf poo poo.

lewtt fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 4, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm not sure I want to get Drinkfist.

you dont

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

glug posted:

For someone with a casual amount of play time, don't look at alchemy.
Firstly, you'll get contribution points.. use them to connect some cities (ideally at least Calpheon to Velia, and as you get more points, get from C->Trent and V->Ilya as well), and get workers harvesting from nodes along the way. You will probably want at least one worker on Birch, Fir and Cedar.

Harvest everything. Get some tools on you, and harvest things. Higher gathering skill means more results. You can likely skip on herbs/plants if you're avoiding alchemy.

For Processing, take all that wood you're workers are making, and turn it into planks. As you get higher level, (10, 20, some of the 5s) there will be quests your spirit can point you to which unlock new types of processing, for example turning planks into plywood. Once you're at the point that you're turning your trees into planks into plywood, you can send all that plywood to Trent, and have a worker there use the available woodworking station (with blackstone powder as well) to create Calpheon Wood Crates. Ship those in the warehouse, in bulk, from Trent->Calp->Velia->Ilya. Have an alt in Ilya who occasionally logs in to sell those crates from the warehouse to the nearby trader, when it's up around 130%, bargain first, and make a ton of money.

For casual play, that's prolly the easiest way to get your processing skill up and get paid while you do it.

Cooking is useful. If you have the energy, at the least have a worker harvesting some grain item, and turn that into beer to feed your workers. If you have too much beer, sell it! Sells quick, makes money.

Avoid farming. Farming is better if you're on more than a couple of hours a day.

After you're done with your playing, afk fish. The game loves when you afk. You'll only get so much in before your pole dies, until you get to higher levels and better poles. But it's free money if you're not too invested in other activities. It also leads you into more crafting.. fishing poles are made at a tool crafting building in a city. You can also make your better gathering tools there. And you can sell these things too.

Thread MVP, dude. I had stopped harvesting, but I'm still carrying blue tools and will rectify this immediately. Also would never have looked at wood crates (I'd heard some poo poo about sunflowers being the way to go) or thought to use Ilya as a distance sell spot. Thanks so much

Is cooking useful for anything other than beer, or does it scale up in hassle as the items scale up in usefulness? Eversion laid some serious wisdom on me last night (re: slow-rear end grain juice crafting) that "nothing is worth being hassled over" :aaaaa:

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 4, 2016

CyanEyed
Mar 3, 2015

lewtt posted:

Balance for the following monsters has been adjusted.
(Manes, Abandoned Iron Mine Barbs, Undead at Soldier's Grave, and Elric Cultists)

Flip a coin:
Heads - this means you won't get oneshotted by giant mooks any more.
Tails - this means you will now also be oneshotted by ranged mooks.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thread MVP, dude. I had stopped harvesting, but I'm still carrying blue tools and will rectify this immediately. Also would never have looked at wood crates (I'd heard some poo poo about sunflowers being the way to go) or thought to use Ilya as a distance sell spot. Thanks so much

Is cooking useful for anything other than beer, or does it scale up in hassle as the items scale up in usefulness? Eversion laid some serious wisdom on me last night (re: slow-rear end grain juice crafting) that "nothing is worth being hassled over" :aaaaa:

Cooking is the probably the most consistently useful life skill. The poo poo you make like Serendia specials are amazing.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Re: Ilya. Sunflowers = farming. You don't have the time. As it is, burning all of your energy to process wood is going to take some time, but that's walk away from your computer, get a drink, come back and be done kind of time. Effectively farming means putting 10 CP into each farm, and managing your crops to try and get them growing at the same rate, and pulling them between 100-119% 'complete', to get the most sunflowers for your buck. Not you.

Wood crates are a lot more hands off since your workers gather, and you just burn energy to process. And Trent is the best location to make. You can sell to Velia, or Ilya for the max distance. Or if you don't deal with Ilya, and get the CP to map your way over to Altinova, or even Abun (1 more AP south of Alti to link 'em), you'll get about as much as Ilya for it.

Cooking: grain juice is useless. When you're over 40 and doing Calp dailies, you'll get a bunch of tier 1 grain juice as rewards. That's enough for my musa to use. I don't have high enough MP/SW/ABC to use higher tiers of that yet, and higher tiers of grain juice are TERRIBLE. No matter what your skill, you get 1 result for your energy, vs. converting herbs into tier 1 juice, which has higher results.

I make foods with 90 minute timers on them, and eating has a 30 minute timer. I can run an 8% combat xp (or life xp) buff, and mix two 'specials' in there for a ton of other stats up at all times. I can also make food for fishing boosts to give me rank 5 fairly easily along with our guild buff, while at low fishing skill.

But.. the reality is, if you get to fifty faster, you'll have access to more cash faster, and can just buy these foods. They're always up, and I get paid so it's nice. :) But if crafting is your thing (and it's my thing), it's certainly useful. With cooking, you'll find that you need a decent amount of storage space to keep the resources on hand in a town like Heidl. I prefer there because the farming, cooking, and alchemy 'byproducts' you get can all be turned in roughly near or in Heidl.

All this crafting talk gives me a woodie. Which reminds me. It's up.

glug fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 4, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Theres a delay now between chases now so I guess kicking has to be used to skip it. Range per chase seems longer

e-What Im I suppose to do when the amity game just turns to poo poo and each of the interest just gets "exhausted" the yuria weapon dude has turned into a complete rear end in a top hat and it seems I just cant gain amity anymore with him

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 4, 2016

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

What now drinkfist, what now.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Snatch Duster posted:

I hope when you're on your deathbed one of your final regrets is "I wish... I didn't spend... so many hours... on a lovely korean videogame."

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Snatch Duster posted:

Oh that ogre ring in the auction house yesterday was yours? I didnt know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Oh that ogre ring in the auction house yesterday was yours? I didnt know