Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I don't get the Pierre hate. Dude seems like a reasonable guy; can't remember any "Wow what a douche" moments...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

MisterBibs posted:

I don't get the Pierre hate. Dude seems like a reasonable guy; can't remember any "Wow what a douche" moments...

You haven't reached Winter 1 yet have you

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

The White Dragon posted:

You haven't reached Winter 1 yet have you

A while ago, I kinda burned out on the game after getting one item short from completing the Center. What have I forgotten?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Pierre bugs you one morning when you leave your house about how he's going to have new poo poo in stock, and acts like he's going to walk away, then keeps coming back and telling you "HEY JUST BE SURE TO BUY OKAY"

"OKAY REMEMBER"

"DON'T FORGET"

"PLEASE"

loving pierre get off my property

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
he also hates a number of gifts you'd think he would like and also asks you to lie to his wife in one event

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

MisterBibs posted:

Motherfucker only has one loved item. Like, who do you think you are, Pierre? Everyone else has at least two or three loved items! You schmuck!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

My ideal mod for this game is to incorporate the cave music from Final fantasy 4 and 6 into it.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Pierre also likes to threaten you.

You sell crops to HIM, you don't sell to no one else, don't even think about starting a business because he will CRUSH you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

My ideal mod for this game is to incorporate the cave music from Final fantasy 4 and 6 into it.

You just reminded me I wanted to try and make a FF4-styled crystal room with a bunch of those crystal floors. :3:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
Hadn't played this in a few weeks and was trying to pick it back up, now I'm suddenly getting a weird autorun glitch where the character speed will periodically slow down in a really stuttery way, with the sprite still animating at regular run speed. The sprite also flips the gently caress out whenever i move diagonally. At first I thought it was a problem with my controller, but unplugging it has no effect. toggling autorun doesn't help, and I don't have any mods installed.

anyone run into something like this or have any idea what the gently caress?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My (least) favorite bug is when exiting a menu, door, or whatever, if you're holding a movement button you will go in the opposite direction than the one you wanted to.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
tapping up or down (w/s) while running left or right seems to fix it, but moving either direction from standing still or each other causes it to stutter and slow down again :psyduck:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Captain Invictus posted:

My (least) favorite bug is when exiting a menu, door, or whatever, if you're holding a movement button you will go in the opposite direction than the one you wanted to.

That explains a lot. My least favorite bug is when forage randomly turns into trash when I pick it up.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
If you go inside around 7 and give affection to your laying down baby it will pick up the baby and throw it up in the air while spinning it in circles

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

MrSlam posted:

Now you can do a route where you go pure industrial. All Recycling Machines, Furnaces, Charcoal Kilns, Oil Makers, Slime Hutches, and Lightning Rods. Use all your foraged berries and fruit to pump out wine and preserves. Fill up the river, lake, and shore with crab-pots.

I'm going to take my own advice and attempt something like this. Gonna be the bad guy. I called myself Baron Clyde and tried my best to look like the main character from There Will Be Blood. I plan on doing as little farming as possible, maybe just one or two small patches to get quests done with the rest of my time dedicated to mining and fishing. Then again, in order to get the Oil Maker and Keg recipe I have to get Farming lvl 8. Hmmm...Iridium sprinklers?

Will be buying a black cowboy hat should it become available.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

If you go inside around 7 and give affection to your laying down baby it will pick up the baby and throw it up in the air while spinning it in circles

His uncle works at ChuckleFish, you should listen to him.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

Thor-Stryker posted:

Pierre also likes to threaten you.

You sell crops to HIM, you don't sell to no one else, don't even think about starting a business because he will CRUSH you.

Also, supposedly, if you do sell via Pierre there is villager dialogue that implies he's lying about the fact that it's all from you anyway.
Not seen this for myself, yet, though.

Oh, Pierre. He and Morris deserve each other.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MrSlam posted:

I'm going to take my own advice and attempt something like this. Gonna be the bad guy. I called myself Baron Clyde and tried my best to look like the main character from There Will Be Blood. I plan on doing as little farming as possible, maybe just one or two small patches to get quests done with the rest of my time dedicated to mining and fishing. Then again, in order to get the Oil Maker and Keg recipe I have to get Farming lvl 8. Hmmm...Iridium sprinklers?

Will be buying a black cowboy hat should it become available.

You can buy 1 Iridium Sprinkler from Krobus every Friday. You should have plenty of donations to get the sewer key if you do that much mining.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Parsley posted:

Also, supposedly, if you do sell via Pierre there is villager dialogue that implies he's lying about the fact that it's all from you anyway.
Not seen this for myself, yet, though.

Oh, Pierre. He and Morris deserve each other.

Don't forget the fact that he is incredibly smug about how good he is at the Grange fair despite the fact he is clearly just passing off your hard farmed goods as his own with the townsfolk being none the wiser

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

Pierre bugs you one morning when you leave your house about how he's going to have new poo poo in stock, and acts like he's going to walk away, then keeps coming back and telling you "HEY JUST BE SURE TO BUY OKAY"

"OKAY REMEMBER"

"DON'T FORGET"

"PLEASE"

loving pierre get off my property

I guess you didn't see the scene where Morris walks into Pierre's store, waves a handful of coupons around and walks off with his customers - and then comes back to rub it in Pierre's face.

Guy's pretty desperate at this point.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Maybe Pierre shouldn't have opened a seed-shop in a town with only two farmers, one of whom has their entire field covered in trees, rocks, and shrubs. drat it, Pierre!

It'd be interesting if Pierre bought your crops for slightly more than they're worth as opposed to you throwing it in the box for a base price. Or if Jojo Mart bought your "organic" vegetables for their produce section for more so you have a sneaky incentive to miss the point of the game.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You can buy 1 Iridium Sprinkler from Krobus every Friday. You should have plenty of donations to get the sewer key if you do that much mining.

Then my reign of iron and oil begins. Will post pictures eventually.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MrSlam posted:

Maybe Pierre shouldn't have opened a seed-shop in a town with only two farmers, one of whom has their entire field covered in trees, rocks, and shrubs. drat it, Pierre!

It'd be interesting if Pierre bought your crops for slightly more than they're worth as opposed to you throwing it in the box for a base price. Or if Jojo Mart bought your "organic" vegetables for their produce section for more so you have a sneaky incentive to miss the point of the game.

Then my reign of iron and oil begins. Will post pictures eventually.

Don't forget to not complete the community bundle, join Jojamart, and turn the community center into a warehouse.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Stuff like Topaz and Aquamarine and stuff are just meant to be donated at the museum right? I don't need to horde them, I can just sell and gift them?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Don't forget to not complete the community bundle, join Jojamart, and turn the community center into a warehouse.
Even though I'm going for a mustache-twirling villain, I don't think I could bring myself to destroy the community center. An orphanage maybe, but not the community center. I'll be an Al Swearengen type who brings people together with my horrible deeds. Besides, I want to be the industrial powerhouse the townsfolk rely on; Jojo Mart's just another competitor.

Speaking of which, which bachelorette would be the best bride for a villain? Maru? Haley? Abigail? Sebastian in an evening gown?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

TurnipFritter posted:

Stuff like Topaz and Aquamarine and stuff are just meant to be donated at the museum right? I don't need to horde them, I can just sell and gift them?

Some of minerals are used in certain things, like ring creation, a few machines, and some of the craftable light sources. Most of them are straight sell though. Was kind of disappointed with how few gems had any real use personally.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I want to be friends with Morris. I like his bowtie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSlam posted:

Even though I'm going for a mustache-twirling villain, I don't think I could bring myself to destroy the community center. An orphanage maybe, but not the community center. I'll be an Al Swearengen type who brings people together with my horrible deeds. Besides, I want to be the industrial powerhouse the townsfolk rely on; Jojo Mart's just another competitor.

Speaking of which, which bachelorette would be the best bride for a villain? Maru? Haley? Abigail?

Abigail. Through your efforts you can turn the whole town into a graveyard for her to worship in.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

MrSlam posted:

It'd be interesting if Pierre bought your crops for slightly more than they're worth as opposed to you throwing it in the box for a base price.

This is a terrible idea, because it will only make it way more annoying for people like me who can't help but to min/max some poo poo. You created a scenario where 'optimal play' is to never use the box at all.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Whenever I start a new game. I used an inventory editor to give me enough gold for both backpack upgrades and a stack of iridium sprinklers.

The small inventory and manually having to water 100 crops every morning does not enhance my gaming experience.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Abigail. Through your efforts you can turn the whole town into a graveyard for her to worship in.

Abi is the female version of 007's Jaws character. She's got the teeth to bite through anything. Totally a good villianess.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Counterpoint: Maru could probably build you a bitchin' death laser.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Counterpoint: Maru could probably build you a bitchin' death laser.

A robot with a death laser!

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Penny can preach your hate to the next generation.

Also she's the offspring of a drunk and an absentee father, so can be easily cowed.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat
You could marry Penny and deny her children of her own. That seems pretty villainous.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Zephyrine posted:

The small inventory and manually having to water 100 crops every morning does not enhance my gaming experience.

One could argue that building up to iridium sprinklers is the gaming experience. The inventory thing could go either way.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Man is there any point whatsoever to a slime hutch?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

BrainMeats posted:

You could marry Penny and deny her children of her own. That seems pretty villainous.

A villain wouldn't marry Penny, he'd tie her to the otherwise conspicuously useless train tracks and twirl his mustache.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I just want to continue working at JojaCorp and when you open the drawer at the end of year 2 there's a gun in there.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

BrainMeats posted:

Nah you want an evil empress not some denied chattel

In that context Abigail does seem to make the most sense, though Haley could cut a good figure for it if she had a couple more ambitions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

One could argue that building up to iridium sprinklers is the gaming experience. The inventory thing could go either way.

One could but it still really sucks to spend 1-2 seasons manually watering that much.