Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Radical posted:

god if only i could play the gromp

Tahm Kench is the gromp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Endorph posted:

nunu owns on this patch. solo rift herald, bully your lane opponent, steamroll.
nunu never stopped owning.

I'm curious how nasus comes out with all these item changes. also do people remember renekton? I haven't seen one in weeks since I came back.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Renekton didn't get nerfed into the ground, and people still play him some. Top lane just started favoring beefier, objective or team-fight focused champions, which is naturally not where a guy with level 2 all-in shines.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The cleaver combine cost reduction will help Renekton a lot

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

renekton is good but to really play him effectively you need to have good wave management. he does a lot better if he can starve the enemy laner by freezing and hard pushing at the right times and delay them outscaling him as long as possible. tiamat getting its passive back makes that a bit harder as he really wants it to unlock his animation cancels.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
zyra is disgusting

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

swain and vlad both appear to be bugged now on live, might not wanna pick them until they get fixed

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

Tired Moritz posted:

zyra is disgusting

If she had a passive she'd be unstoppable.

Or like 1.5 Teemos in range.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

The Missing Link posted:

If she had a passive she'd be unstoppable.

Or like 1.5 Teemos in range.

She has one now. A really good one at that. Plant helllllllllllllll :unsmigghh:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Radical posted:

swain and vlad both appear to be bugged now on live, might not wanna pick them until they get fixed

How are they bugged? I tried Swain out and he seemed pretty fine. Downright fun with his new Q giving him some halfway decent wave clear and his E being the new 1 point wonder.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

his R has a delay after activation now, which is kinda bad since swain has to stay in range with the ult. vlad's Q doesn't work sometimes.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Radical posted:

god if only i could play the gromp

That would be a devastating champion reveal.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Taliyah needs a tony hawk pro skater skin.

GRIND THE RIFT BABY

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I rushed the hextech revolver in a bot game as kassadin and the thunder lords , revolver proc plus q and w did INSANE damage. Kassadin will be good on this patch.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

Taliyah needs a tony hawk pro skater skin.

GRIND THE RIFT BABY

A surfer/Pool Party skin is the obvious choice, bra

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
is if it worth playing this patch if i only play adcs

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

am i right in thinking swain's e is his one-point wonder now

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yes

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Lovechop posted:

is if it worth playing this patch if i only play adcs

No, come join me, in the dumpster

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The more they change Veigar, the less I want to actually play him. Geez.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
how do people enjoy adcs

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Syndra's damage looks bonkers

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Neurolimal posted:

The more they change Veigar, the less I want to actually play him. Geez.

Why? It looks like he's gonna have a bajillion ap now!!

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

how do people enjoy adcs

As an ADC player it's mostly broken brains and self loathing

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

how do people enjoy adcs

some of us play only to record the one instance in a thousand you get a penta kill by outplaying your opponents using nothing but auto attacks

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
maining adc is the dark souls of league of legends :unsmigghh:

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Zmej posted:

nunu never stopped owning.

I'm curious how nasus comes out with all these item changes. also do people remember renekton? I haven't seen one in weeks since I came back.

I had a renekton in my game earlier today carry harder than I've ever seen. We had a semi-afk support AND an ADC that alternated between afking and intentionally feeding and we still won.

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

Tired Moritz posted:

how do people enjoy adcs

buddha-nature

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Why? It looks like he's gonna have a bajillion ap now!!

4sure. He's gone from guaranteed Q's on any creep/hero for AP, to skillshot creeps/heroes not behind creeps for ap, to heroes dumb enough to stand underneath a slow nuke or dumb enough to stand in front of creeps for AP. Tons of damage.

Also: Goddamn is Malz's new passive -really- obnoxious. I wish I had him unlocked because that + new minions are going to dominate the lanes until next patch/hotfix.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Trip report: New Zyra feels really drat good. It was hard to tell if it's an overall buff or nerf based on the one game I played but she just feels really smooth to play now. The base movespeed buff is noticeable, especially in the early lane phase, and the plant spawning passive makes her level 1 a lot safer. I was surprised how quickly they start spawning as the game goes on, and the spawn radius is forgiving. It means you always have a couple enraged plants going in her ultimate, too, which isn't always easy to do with just your W plants.

Still feels like Zyra, but more plants. Plants everywhere. Yay for plants!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Neurolimal posted:

4sure. He's gone from guaranteed Q's on any creep/hero for AP, to skillshot creeps/heroes not behind creeps for ap, to heroes dumb enough to stand underneath a slow nuke or dumb enough to stand in front of creeps for AP. Tons of damage.

He can still farm creeps for AP with his Q, you know. That didn't stop being a thing. He just gets additional AP from harass and teamfights now.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
I played a bunch of ranked at low plat this morning and my initial thoughts are new dragon is gonna super loving important.

edit: also please ban or pick fizz

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

He can still farm creeps for AP with his Q, you know. That didn't stop being a thing. He just gets additional AP from harass and teamfights now.

Misread the notes; saw the "removed reward for blah blah" and didn't notice that it's just been baked into his passives' fruity name for having AP.

I don't think the prior assumption was unfair, considering most of Veigar's changes.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cass not being able to wear boots anymore is funny as gently caress.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Firebert posted:

Syndra's damage looks bonkers
did they actually add damage on her kit anywhere to make up for removing the Q max bonus damage? her changes looked negative from the patch notes but maybe i missed something

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oh hey did anyone notice QSS no longer removes non-CC abilities?

RIP anyone playing ADC against a Zed. :smith:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Tales of Woe posted:

did they actually add damage on her kit anywhere to make up for removing the Q max bonus damage? her changes looked negative from the patch notes but maybe i missed something

They buffed her q scaling to partially counteract that and her new q max/w max will let her have like an extra 3 spheres for her ult combo

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If you can't qss zed ult as an ad then they hosed up royally

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Shortest Path posted:

Cass not being able to wear boots anymore is funny as gently caress.

I just wish they'd do something with Nami and her passive. Honestly, this is just typical Riot logic here. Cass has a tail instead of legs so she gets bonus move speed and can't wear boots because you need legs to wear boots. :lol: :lol: :lol: Hey turdfucks, all those things apply to Nami but she still wears boots. Seriously, way to loving go idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Safety Scissors posted:

I just wish they'd do something with Nami and her passive. Honestly, this is just typical Riot logic here. Cass has a tail instead of legs so she gets bonus move speed and can't wear boots because you need legs to wear boots. :lol: :lol: :lol: Hey turdfucks, all those things apply to Nami but she still wears boots. Seriously, way to loving go idiots.

:yikes:

• Locked thread