Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I was told the mumble channel was changed because of people talking about it in the last SA thread, but I am blacklisted so :shrug:

as long as I forever own op 2 in blackops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Jeff loves his racial slurs
https://soundcloud.com/dvo-5/jeff-rages

e: also lollin at the righteous indignation on reddit at Mittani for his kill yourself thing when they can't stop blowing Jeffraider who does the same poo poo

Goatman Sacks fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 4, 2016

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

mpaarating posted:

While probably not a nice or chill thing to do, using racial slurs doesn't automatically make someone a racist. From all reports, Grath let his slaves free not long ago.

Lol

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Foehammer007 posted:

I was told the mumble channel was changed because of people talking about it in the last SA thread, but I am blacklisted so :shrug:

as long as I forever own op 2 in blackops

*friendzoned

We'll never defeat racism if you don't adopt this term

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khablam posted:

It's utterly pervasive in Eve Online pubby groups, and since PH is just "apply -> accept" it's pretty drat likely to pass over.
Also I have an alt in PH so I know they're chucklefucks on most things, I just haven't witnessed a female make themselves known.

So, what you're saying is, you made it up and just passed it off as a thing that happens in Horde without, you know, actually having any evidence. Gotcha.

vyst posted:

Does it still exist? I don't have access to gsf mumble anymore so I don't know. Or are you clinging to life the flimsy argument.

I don't know, which is why I asked if it was changed in the post you initially quoted. Regardless of it not existing today, it was there less than three weeks ago when those director logs leaked and Ullerm was asking to change the name and people jumped to defending their right to have "niggertown" as a channel name, so the whole "we've been strict on this" line doesn't really hold much weight with that in mind.

Morris posted:

Didn't Grath Telkin have an unintentionally public meltdown in which he unironically said words I would like to keep out of my phone's typing tree? Did he ever even apologize for that?

The entire Eve community has big problems with this (GSF included, call me a PC tittybaby all you want) but it seems like an odd claim to the high ground.

Not sure when that was, but I vaguely remember him getting riled up about it. It was a dumb thing to get riled up about and yeah, the entire EVE community has big problems with racism, misogyny, etc. let alone the whole issues with people taking things out of game and too far with "trolling~." I do know Ricther, who as in TEST at the time, had a meltdown like 4 years ago over some of the moderation changes to GF.com and it was posted onto a soundcloud.

Edit - In general, video game communities are all filled with racist, misogynistic, etc. dipshits that get upset when you tell them its not the 1940s anymore and that poo poo doesn't fly today.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 4, 2016

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Morris posted:

Didn't Grath Telkin have an unintentionally public meltdown in which he unironically said words I would like to keep out of my phone's typing tree? Did he ever even apologize for that?

The entire Eve community has big problems with this (GSF included, call me a PC tittybaby all you want) but it seems like an odd claim to the high ground.

Richter Belmont has a really cringy soundcloud out there of being super mad that he can't say the n-word on goon mumble anymore.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
i want to say theadj created the name, maybe someone else

something something weed brain

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

So, what you're saying is, you made it up and just passed it off as a thing that happens in Horde without, you know, actually having any evidence. Gotcha.

No dipshit, I said it happens everywhere where your one and only recruitment criteria is "has a pulse"

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Did GSFs enemies come up with the "niggertown" name for a Mumble channel as well?

Edit - Did that ever get changed or are people still clinging to their need for racial slurs?

GSF like PL has some old guard that used to be or still are slightly useful and that seems to warrant a pass on racial insensitivity.

Dirk Action (Daruna ITT) a prolific user of goon coon was a mid-level paper pusher in PL and handled a lot of BOT renter stuff. I believe he does crootment now.

And of course Jeffraider as Graths #2 can do or say whatever the gently caress he wants without getting poo poo on, its doesnt make it right but there it is.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
As a corp leader I can safely say I have no issue with people joining with alternative characters or having alternative characters in other places! I do not mind leaked secrets because there are none in RVCMF! Unless you count the bulletins, but they don't make much sense.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Zephyrine posted:

Oh! Link!

Edit: Also internet spaceships leaders saying stupid stuff in public glass houses.

I still want to hear this one though.

It's on youtube, pretty sure it had to do with a super getting awoxed. Normally I would have listened first and verified but I'm on my phone. If I'm wrong :rip: me I guess, other people seem to be remembering this as well.

mpaarating posted:

While probably not a nice or chill thing to do, using racial slurs doesn't automatically make someone a racist.

Fine but that works as a defense of That Mumble Channel too (it's not really a good one).

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
That reminds me of capt butts, he used to come off six months bans and get rebanned like clockwork for spamming racial slurs across the forums. Such a weird man.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Khablam posted:

No dipshit, I said it happens everywhere where your one and only recruitment criteria is "has a pulse"

No what you're saying is it must be a thing that happens, but you still don't have any actual examples.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Morris posted:

It's on youtube, pretty sure it had to do with a super getting awoxed. Normally I would have listened first and verified but I'm on my phone. If I'm wrong :rip: me I guess, other people seem to be remembering this as well.

Wow you are going to have to be way more specific than "Grath rage over super" if I am to google this.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Foehammer007 posted:

i want to say theadj created the name, maybe someone else

something something weed brain

Theadj was the closest thing to a KKK grand wizard goonfleetswarm has ever had

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Khablam posted:

If you were a potato chip, you'd be eve salt and vinegar :thejoke:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I don't know what that means because salt and vinegar is the best flavor chip

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

vyst posted:

preach it brother

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
You've obviously not had boiled rib flavored chips. :canada:

Thank god thats not a thing

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Unfunny Poster posted:

Death & Drone Walkers sorted out their issue, mostly by Death & Co. saying Walkers won't be bothered by them as they were affecting the DRFs renters and that's not good for business.
That actually sounds like an example of Fozziesov working out really well. Good on those walkers.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
For those that have been friendzoned, I've found this to be pretty helpful. I fully expect my jabber access to be restored soon.

http://gettingoutofthefriendzone.net/

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

VideoGames posted:

As a corp leader I can safely say I have no issue with people joining with alternative characters or having alternative characters in other places! I do not mind leaked secrets because there are none in RVCMF! Unless you count the bulletins, but they don't make much sense.

You should update the corp so more people can join on your adventures. Here is a handy guide i made in like three seconds during the meeting I'm in.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LemonDrizzle posted:

That actually sounds like an example of Fozziesov working out really well. Good on those walkers.

They ended up declaring themselves independent and fighting for the "removal of rental empires", while sitting in Tenal which they took from Razor.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

mpaarating posted:

For those that have been friendzoned, I've found this to be pretty helpful. I fully expect my jabber access to be restored soon.

http://gettingoutofthefriendzone.net/

I had gsf jabber access for 5 years and I can count the number of times I joined a room on one hand, its nothing but dota chat and worse in the more targeted rooms.

Everytime I see a: "Omg look at this super-interesting thing from gsf jabber" post on leddit its like :ughh:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

vyst posted:

Does it still exist? I don't have access to gsf mumble anymore so I don't know. Or are you clinging to life the flimsy argument.

The channel no longer exists -- it was renamed. :colbert: When you see poo poo like that, you don't stop yelling.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Orange Red Bull posted:

I had gsf jabber access for 5 years and I can count the number of times I joined a room on one hand, its nothing but dota chat and worse in the more targeted rooms.

Everytime I see a: "Omg look at this super-interesting thing from gsf jabber" post on leddit its like :ughh:

the only dota channel is gfgbs so you're dumb and stupid and made of poo

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ranbo das posted:

You should update the corp so more people can join on your adventures. Here is a handy guide i made in like three seconds during the meeting I'm in.

All done before music practice! Now it says 60 people can join! (Though that would be seriously crazy numbers!)
Anyone else who wishes to join feel free to submit some applications :D

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
The last few pages of this thread is pretty much a series of the following exchanges:

side a: you do a terrible thing society dissapproves of and are thus bad people
side b: well you do it too
side a: do not
side b: here's an example
side a: well you lot do this other terrible thing that society frowns on
side b: tu loving quoque
side a: nuh-uh
sibe b: well here's some example
me: sanctimonius aloofposting

and so on for eternity in the "Eve Online: Well you did it first" thread.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

The channel no longer exists -- it was renamed. :colbert: When you see poo poo like that, you don't stop yelling.

Kudos and good work :toot:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I like as you typed this boat is talking about dota in elysium

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

But enough about describing Slacks' casting...

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Drythe posted:

I like as you typed this boat is talking about dota in elysium

no he's talking about a dota caster and i told everyone to shut the gently caress up about dota and they did

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

The last few pages of this thread is pretty much a series of the following exchanges:

side a: you do a terrible thing society dissapproves of and are thus bad people
side b: well you do it too
side a: do not
side b: here's an example
side a: well you lot do this other terrible thing that society frowns on
side b: tu loving quoque
side a: nuh-uh
sibe b: well here's some example
me: sanctimonius aloofposting

and so on for eternity in the "Eve Online: Well you did it first" thread.

you forgot videogames chiming in being :kimchi:

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

vyst posted:

One strange thing for your Brit abroad, whether it be in the US or on the continent, is how limited the range of crisp/chip flavours are. In Britain we have literally hundreds of different niche flavours . It's pretty much the finest flowering of English (let's blame them) cuisine. You want marmite crisps or sweetcorn relish-flavoured crisps or spaghetti bolognese or chicken madras then the chance is there for you to ruin your cholesterol levels with each.

All of which rather avoids the stated truth that none of them compare with salt and vinegar.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

you forgot videogames chiming in being :kimchi:

yeah I posted and the post above me was him and I was all ffffuuuuckk I missed that bit

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
salt and vinegar are good but i found some loving korean chips that are honey and apple and good lord

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Endie posted:

One strange thing for your Brit abroad, whether it be in the US or on the continent, is how limited the range of crisp/chip flavours are. In Britain we have literally hundreds of different niche flavours . It's pretty much the finest flowering of English (let's blame them) cuisine. You want marmite crisps or sweetcorn relish-flavoured crisps or spaghetti bolognese or chicken madras then the chance is there for you to ruin your cholesterol levels with each.

All of which rather avoids the stated truth that none of them compare with salt and vinegar.

I went to school in northern england for a bit and was totally shocked at all the flavors. I was also had the best apple pie I've ever had while there, oh the irony.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

salt and vinegar are awful and you are awful people

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Endie posted:

I was recently introduced to the notion of malt vinegar on what you call "chips" (fries). That was a pretty neat innovation I must say. It was tasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

mpaarating posted:

I went to school in northern england for a bit and was totally shocked at all the flavors. I was also had the best apple pie I've ever had while there, oh the irony.

was it made with pears, that is apparently the secret according to my pastry chef friend

• Locked thread