Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Blackfyre posted:

He does also say how dull it is to report on crime stuff in Gotham. I mean Batfleck is meant to have been doing that for a couple of decades, clearly people don't care anymore but its all new to Clark!

.... but then those muckrakers over at the Gotham Free Press ran with it on their front page anyway

You missed the scoop, Clark! You dunderhead!

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Gotham criminals have to kill inmates that were caught by batman, lest they too turn into batman at the next full moon

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
We need a cut to the Gotham Free Press of Vicki Vale just wanting to write about this inspiring alien over and Metropolis and her editor is like, "No, Vale! No one cares about this living space god on our world! I want more stories about how horrible this world is! Now, where's my story about the coach who was killed by the mob because the Gotham Central High lost the big game!?"

naem
May 29, 2011

In a world with a superman why would you dress up like a bat and punch people? Seems like you'd lose your motivation

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Did anyone ever figure out why being branded with a bat symbol was apparently a mark of death in prison?

Like, wasn't everyone in there put there by batman? Did 99% of the criminals forget who caught them or did they all read the script too?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

.... but then those muckrakers over at the Gotham Free Press ran with it on their front page anyway

You missed the scoop, Clark! You dunderhead!

funding cuts to water board again!?

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
apparently if you crack a joke about marvel writing dumb bullshit in their comics to appeal to tumblr everyone will go HURR YOU'RE AFRAID OF WOMEN AND MINORITIES

this just happened to a guy in psp

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think it helps that most of the tumblr appeal moves that Marvel has made seem to be paying off reasonably well. Miss Marvel, for one, has been a ton of a fun in nearly every series she's popped in for. That doesn't change the fact that Marvel woke up one day and decided 4-5 superheros needed new identities, but hey at least it's not all terrible.

Most are defensive about it due to an abundance of people who bitch about the changes for reasons other than trolling.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
pretty sure only 3 people even buy comics anymore

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

a retard posted:

apparently if you crack a joke about marvel writing dumb bullshit in their comics to appeal to tumblr everyone will go HURR YOU'RE AFRAID OF WOMEN AND MINORITIES

this just happened to a guy in psp

sorry about your post

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Madcosby posted:

I just s that he gives up his vigilantie thing.

I laughed hard at this

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

So did they shave ALL of lex so he couldn't make a rope of his hair or whatever?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

naem posted:

In a world with a superman why would you dress up like a bat and punch people? Seems like you'd lose your motivation

On the other hand when your mom and dad raised you on a steady diet of gently caress This Gay Earth and You Shouldn't Save Busloads of Kids Who Are About To Die, I don't really see why Superman does anything either :shrug:

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Is Rani Aresh even a movie critic? Are production companies just putting random people's tweets on their movie posters now?

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
One thing that keep bothering me is how Batman branding a dude with the bat logo will get him killed in prison [cue Synder prison rape joke here] Seriously, who does that for a loving vigilante? Either you are loving Stringer "String" Bell or loving Mama from Dredd, nobody would kill anybody for you for free.

many johnnys posted:

I'm the print newspaper that considers the college football a bigger deal than a masked vigilante running amok, beating people up and torturing them and burning poo poo into their skin.

I'll say this, he knows his audience.

Well Metropolis is in Texas. People take their high school football seriously.

whatever7 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 5, 2016

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Madcosby posted:

Is Rani Aresh even a movie critic? Are production companies just putting random people's tweets on their movie posters now?

yep. it's in tv ads as well. basically if you see tweets being used to hype a movie up odds are the movie is total poo poo

it's the modern equivalent of showing positive critic reviews but the critics are from some lovely local tv station in montana

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

a retard posted:

yep. it's in tv ads as well. basically if you see tweets being used to hype a movie up odds are the movie is total poo poo

it's the modern equivalent of showing positive critic reviews but the critics are from some lovely local tv station in montana

That or the reviews are butchered quotes with a bunch of ellipses.

"Batman v Superman is [...] not [...] terrible [...] !"

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
The guy Bats branded had the swarthy wimmins in lockup so I suppose we are to assume he is a human trafficker, likely for the sex industry. A lot of dudes in prison don't cotton to sex criminals, so if that's what the brand means in general, it would probably be generally effective in a corrupt city like Gotham.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

One of the most amazing things I've learned recently is that Batman TV show loving ruled. It's been non-stop poo poo talked from the 90s on by comic nerds, but holy poo poo it was fuckin' awesome

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Anyone who didn't like Adam West Batman is a piece of poo poo.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Grondoth posted:

One of the most amazing things I've learned recently is that Batman TV show loving ruled. It's been non-stop poo poo talked from the 90s on by comic nerds, but holy poo poo it was fuckin' awesome

read the batman '66 comic, it's just as good and one of the only decent things dc's putting out nowadays

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Grondoth posted:

Cesar Romero was a really good Joker.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Meeting Adam West was truly a joy in my life. He was just so goddamn happy to be in our lovely little city, in our lovely little comic con. He would leap up and shake everyone's hand and had a great time.

Unlike that rear end in a top hat William Shatner. Don't care if we're bonded by the same birth country, you're an rear end in a top hat.

What I am saying is Adam West for Batman and William Shatner as rear end in a top hat Superman in the new Justice League Movie Part One: Dawn v Justice.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

If they're gonna do all this multiverse poo poo they should bring back Adam West with a crossover with Ben Affleck or whoever else. Or gently caress it, Michael Keaton. He'd probably be down.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

If they're gonna do all this multiverse poo poo they should bring back Adam West with a crossover with Ben Affleck or whoever else. Or gently caress it, Michael Keaton. He'd probably be down.

bring back west with this

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

bring back west with this

Anyone who's read Burt Ward's book Boy Wonder: My Life in Tights already knows that Adam West was all about the batpoon

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

RIP Yvonne Craig.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Madcosby posted:

They are indeed putting random twitter users that may or may not be real. I looked up a random one and the person was posting about civil war and had a captain america avatar and stuff like that. It's been like nonstop posting about civil war on that person's page.

That's a really bad marketing plan. Quote random twitter users that when you go to them they either don't exist or are pimping your competitor's movie.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

"Definitely a good movie-- for me..."
-@triumptheinsultcomicdog

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Otisburg posted:

"Definitely a good movie-- for me..."
-@triumptheinsultcomicdog

lol

Grondoth posted:

I got the bluray box set about 2 weeks ago and coming home to watch a double episode is pretty much the most chill way to unwind that's not illegal in dumb states.

West's deadpan and all the villains, especially Gorshin's Riddler and Romero's Joker, having a blast chewing the scenery is incredible. I love it so much.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

West Batman was also in some ways the last Detective-y Batman outside of the comics. Like it was campy as hell and he still used the Bat Computer (god that prop owned), but he'd be handed a riddle or something by Commissioner Gordon and actually deduce something about what was going to happen or where to go in a way that made straight-forward narrative sense. It was cool and I miss my childhood. I am dark inside.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

but he'd be handed a riddle or something by Commissioner Gordon and actually deduce something about what was going to happen or where to go in a way that made straight-forward narrative sense.

Batman: [reads the first riddle] What has yellow skin and writes?
Robin: A ball-point banana!
Batman: [reads the second riddle] What people are always in a hurry?
Robin: Rushing people... Russians!
Batman: So this means...
Robin: Someone Russian is going to slip on a banana and break their neck!
Batman: Precisely, Robin!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

many johnnys posted:

Batman: [reads the first riddle] What has yellow skin and writes?
Robin: A ball-point banana!
Batman: [reads the second riddle] What people are always in a hurry?
Robin: Rushing people... Russians!
Batman: So this means...
Robin: Someone Russian is going to slip on a banana and break their neck!
Batman: Precisely, Robin!

See now the problem is no-one knows if you just quoted the script verbatim or if you made up a funny thing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What's brown and sticky?
Poo    

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Jerry Cotton posted:

See now the problem is no-one knows if you just quoted the script verbatim or if you made up a funny thing.

the movie owned

Batman: Look at this pair of joking riddles.
Chief O'Hara: [reads] What does a turkey do when he flies upside down?
Robin: He gobbles up!
Chief O'Hara: Of course.
Batman: And, number two...
Commissioner Gordon: [reads] What weighs six ounces, sits in a tree and is very dangerous?
Robin: A sparrow with a machine gun!
Commissioner Gordon: Yes, of course.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

the show is good too yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXKYQvP0zQ0

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

lol googling clips brings up "the riddler sues batman"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSF6vuqIA8E

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
West Batman Best Batman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Fact about the Batman TV show:

Burt Ward and Adam West would often have cast orgies with all the extras and stuff. Basically, Burt was a total pimp and constantly had crazy sex parties. Adam West denies banging like all the female cast but doesn't deny basically just telling women on the street "I'm Batman" and banging them in his hotel room

It's all in the Adam West autobiography, which is just like an extended letter to penthouse

Madcosby fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 5, 2016

• Locked thread