Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

kastein posted:

Thanks Home Depot for calling me to tell me that there's a 10% off special running through today that applies to the window quote I got, and then after waiting for a computer illiterate 50 year old to bumblefuck his way through looking up my quote (in the process canceling it, resulting in having to wait for a new quote) finding out that no, the special doesn't apply because I already got 14% off by asking for the volume pricing quote. I just lost an hour of my day to what amounts to a bait and switch by incompetent bumblers, god drat it.

Guess I'll call up some other local Anderson dealers and see if they can beat the HD price.

My parents told me about replacing their patio door with a new Anderson window door (french doors? I dunno) and it was a nightmare. They sent an unfinished (and I mean unfinished: rough edges, dents and ridiculous seams/gaps) door and then refused to take it back. "We've determined that the quality of the door we sent is to our standards," said Anderson.

Dents! In wood! Also, a piece of wood that should've been cut flush and sanded was left with a 1" snaggly end piece sticking out.

Home Depot and Anderson got more receptive after a phone call to American Express. I tell you this merely as a datapoint and not necessarily as "this is something that will happen to you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

fyodor posted:

My parents told me about replacing their patio door with a new Anderson window door (french doors? I dunno) and it was a nightmare. They sent an unfinished (and I mean unfinished: rough edges, dents and ridiculous seams/gaps) door and then refused to take it back. "We've determined that the quality of the door we sent is to our standards," said Anderson.

Dents! In wood! Also, a piece of wood that should've been cut flush and sanded was left with a 1" snaggly end piece sticking out.

Home Depot and Anderson got more receptive after a phone call to American Express. I tell you this merely as a datapoint and not necessarily as "this is something that will happen to you."

I've bought several Anderson windows for the place already and had zero problems like this so far.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

some texas redneck posted:

Dumbass. At least they have video calling, so I can call him a dumbass to his face via internet. :v:
You know those are loving expensive as poo poo, right?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Negromancer posted:

The internet has broken me. I honestly can not tell if that guy is being serious or not.

He's serious. Serious about taking the piss out of people who buy into this sort of utter poo poo. He's got other videos on similar subjects which you can send to your friends who believe nonsense.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Adiabatic posted:

Anyone here churn, or do all of you have really lovely credit scores?

The wife and I are going on some trips later this year on Southwest's dime :getin:

My whole family (mom, dad, sister, and myself) churn like motherfuckers. We pooled our AirMiles accounts together (basically if something asks for an airmiles account number, we all write the same one), every purchase we make (including every purchase through my parents business) is done to get more points. I looked into doing a certain collector coin scam for points as well, but dropped it once I found out it wouldn't work in Canada.

As a result between the 4 of us we have about 5mil points. None of us has paid full price for a flight in about6 or 7 years.

In other news, the baby is due in 3 weeks.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

MustardFacial posted:

In other news, the baby is due in 3 weeks.

You got this. But let it be known, first babies are almost never on time.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

:aaaaa:

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

ssjonizuka posted:

Also don't worry when it comes they say its not growing enough. We threw away the meds that they gave us because the baby was "too small" at the first two week checkup, and then was off the chart at the next checkup.
Basically babies (and moms) can figure themselves out, they have been for generations. (this doesn't count if there is an actual problem, so no treating meningitis with sunshine or rhino farts or whatever).

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I have $2.77 in amazon points that I can't use because I cut the card up. :argh:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

if any of you nerds are playing the Overwatch beta add me so we can shoot mans together

TimJim#1679

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

$412.50 for 250 Fujikura 40mm ribbon sleeves. :staredog:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Super Aggro Crag posted:

$412.50 for 250 Fujikura 40mm ribbon sleeves. :staredog:
Is that a good price? It sounds like a good price. Buy them.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I thought you stopped doing drugs.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Wife just called. A little white Honda with tinted windows is hanging out in front of our shop's driveway. It was there this morning when she took our son to school and gone when she came back. She just headed out again and it was back. drat it. I need a fence.

Suggestions for a IP camera? I'm looking for a good picture and decent night vision.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

ssjonizuka posted:

The wife has gestational beetus, so they aren't going to let her get to 40 weeks. Everything so far is looking fine for the baby, they are just going to take another ultrasound and a non-stress test in a weeks or so and that will determine when she is induced. It's likely it'll be in 3 weeks though.

I know this is going to sound selfish as hell, but I kind of wish the kid could wait a year so I could buy a go kart.

My parents contribute to it far more than my sister and I. They do like multi-thousand dollar bill payments through the business on a credit card just to get the points, and then immediately pay off the credit card. On top of that, my mom scams the gently caress out of any "sign up and get x" system. She once opened a new bank account at a bank we don't do business with just to get the 15,000 air miles, kept it open for the required amount of time, and kept the required amount of money in it. Then closed the account as soon as she was able. A week later the same bank was offering iPad's on new accounts, so she did it again under my dad's name. Got the iPad and closed the account, and then did it again under my sister's name, and got another iPad.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Cage posted:

Is that a good price? It sounds like a good price. Buy them.

We just ordered 2500 of them.

kastein posted:

I thought you stopped doing drugs.

???

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Nobody knows what the gently caress you're talking about when you just type product names and give no details about what it all actually is.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
It is 2016. Email has existed for nearly forty years now. Do not send out an email with 192 addresses in the "TO:" field so that every loving reply goes to all 192 loving people. How do people not loving know this yet?

:psyboom:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Magnus Praeda posted:

It is 2016. Email has existed for nearly forty years now. Do not send out an email with 192 addresses in the "TO:" field so that every loving reply goes to all 192 loving people. How do people not loving know this yet?

"Guys, please stop hitting Reply All!"

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Sold all the stuff I took to the Pate Swap Meet last weekend, so more space in the garage/shed, and a little extra cash that I spent on more tools (nothing fantastic - just filled out my socket set, new racks for said sockets to go in new big toolbox bought a few months ago) and some Hot Rod Satin Black to paint my Cutlass so it's all one easy-to-maintain color.

I believe that I posted a week or so ago that I had to have a tooth removed - well, they did the grinding and whatnot for the caps to make the bridge, did the molds, and put in a temporary bridge. Yesterday I learned that burning teeth smell EXACTLY like burning hair, from empirical evidence. Today, I broke off the filler tooth and swallowed it, despite chewing on the opposite side of the mouth. Caps are still OK, just the bond between one cap and the filler failed. I certainly home the permanent bridge is more durable. Yay.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

the spyder posted:

Wife just called. A little white Honda with tinted windows is hanging out in front of our shop's driveway. It was there this morning when she took our son to school and gone when she came back. She just headed out again and it was back. drat it. I need a fence.

If it's an EG hatch I need a bunch of parts once you slaughter the owner. Between the two of us and doogle I'm pretty sure we can have that thing chop shopped and shipped internationally before the federales go looking for the owner.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Cage posted:

I have $2.77 in amazon points that I can't use because I cut the card up. :argh:

I freeze credit cards in a block of ice in a plastic baggy instead of cutting them up. Works pretty well.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I give it another three replies to the first message before the "stop hitting reply all" chain starts, including the inevitable "stop hitting reply all to this message about not hitting reply all."

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Work just migrated all our email to the cloud, the default reply action when using the web interface is reply all. As expected it's been a mess

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Magnus Praeda posted:

One time some idiot sent an incoherent billing request clearly only meant for accountant nerds to the HOME OFFICE ALL email distro at my company and 2500 employees got the email; 2460 of them didn't "Reply All" but 40 loving utter morons did asking "Was this meant for me?" and various other dumbass poo poo that exposed the fact they get almost no emails ever because they didn't just ignore it like the rest of us. After that they took away the ability for the average fool to send to that distro.

Then some wag used autotune to make a song commemorating the event, reading the dumbasses' email replies to music.
http://picosong.com/KDtd/

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

I've said for years that there should be a "Are you SURE you want to reply-all?" popup.

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION

Darchangel posted:

I believe that I posted a week or so ago that I had to have a tooth removed - well, they did the grinding and whatnot for the caps to make the bridge, did the molds, and put in a temporary bridge. Yesterday I learned that burning teeth smell EXACTLY like burning hair, from empirical evidence. Today, I broke off the filler tooth and swallowed it, despite chewing on the opposite side of the mouth. Caps are still OK, just the bond between one cap and the filler failed. I certainly home the permanent bridge is more durable. Yay.

Yeah I think the grossest smell I've encountered at the dentist was the smell of tooth-dust from the grinder. It's like nasty-rear end sawdust.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Management is offering voluntary layoffs for those who have been here long enough and the seventy loving three year old useless guy in my group is "holding out for a better deal" :downs:

Of course the guy should have retired long ago but instead he's got a E65 to keep on the road. Good job rear end in a top hat I'm sure it will be totally worth it to lay off two people at the bottom of the totem pole while he keeps his job.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

the spyder posted:

Suggestions for a IP camera? I'm looking for a good picture and decent night vision.

If you have ~$130 to spend I'd suggest Ubiquiti's UniFi line of cameras. I installed several of that exact model for a business I do occasional IT consulting for, the hardware is hard to beat at that price point and the software suite included has some very nice features. Only drawback is like most of Ubiquiti's products shortages are so common that they might as well be vaporware.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

BraveUlysses posted:

Management is offering voluntary layoffs for those who have been here long enough and the seventy loving three year old useless guy in my group is "holding out for a better deal" :downs:

Of course the guy should have retired long ago but instead he's got a E65 to keep on the road. Good job rear end in a top hat I'm sure it will be totally worth it to lay off two people at the bottom of the totem pole while he keeps his job.

It is literally not his problem.

If they wanted to keep those people, they'd lay him off specifically.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I saw this when it came out a few weeks ago when it was shared over and over on my Facebook. For whatever reason the vast majority of MLM's seem to reside in Utah. Including, but not limited to DoTERRA, Young Living, NuSkin, XANGO, Life Vantage... I appreciated the heck out of that video, but his video on Gluten Intolerance was just this side of perfection that mastered the craft. Quote of the video "Gluten is the new animal you don't have to eat" :master:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oht9AEq1798

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Liquid Communism posted:

It is literally not his problem.

If they wanted to keep those people, they'd lay him off specifically.

I know it's not his problem, of course. I understand the gently caress you got mine mentality. There won't be a 'better offer'.

When you're not good at what you do any more and still working at 73, you hosed up somewhere along the line.

And no, we're in an engineer/tech union so he will not be laid off. They lay off bottom to top when it comes to it.

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 4, 2016

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Geoj posted:

If you have ~$130 to spend I'd suggest Ubiquiti's UniFi line of cameras. I installed several of that exact model for a business I do occasional IT consulting for, the hardware is hard to beat at that price point and the software suite included has some very nice features. Only drawback is like most of Ubiquiti's products shortages are so common that they might as well be vaporware.

I ordered 3 UVC's. I had their original aircam and honestly was not impressed. Judging by the reviews I found, they have solved the issues I had with them. Plus 80% of my network is Ubiquiti anyways, haha. Now I just need one of their POE switches.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

:getin:

https://twitter.com/NWSPhoenix/status/727953319985979392

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

What's it like living in a biome that will kill you in a day without modern technology?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I saw this when it came out a few weeks ago when it was shared over and over on my Facebook. For whatever reason the vast majority of MLM's seem to reside in Utah. Including, but not limited to DoTERRA, Young Living, NuSkin, XANGO, Life Vantage... I appreciated the heck out of that video, but his video on Gluten Intolerance was just this side of perfection that mastered the craft. Quote of the video "Gluten is the new animal you don't have to eat" :master:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oht9AEq1798

I feel like the line that follows shortly after that one is better...

quote:

...being gluten intolerant is the perfect opportunity to assert your dominance on the lives of everyone around you, which improves your life. So if you're ready to have a ravenous appetite for impossible standards and dogmatic feelings of victimisation, then let's get started on what you need to do to become gluten intolerant.

I mean that's it. Done. Anything after that is just the icing on the cake. Which is gluten free.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Your city is a monument to man's arrogance.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

The weather so far this year is really strange (lots of spikes). It's going to be back into the mid 80's for the high by Friday supposedly.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

SCA Enthusiast posted:

What's it like living in a biome that will kill you in a day without modern technology?
I bet the Australians are just :allears: at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

They can weigh in too.

• Locked thread