Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

enojy posted:

It's terrible. I just use the mobile site, works much better.

Yeah the webpage never crashes to Cannot load!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

The app is good for one thing: Using it instead of Facebook to choose a custom picture for your avatar.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

SpacePig posted:

Aww yiss. :woop::woop: Just checked, and I got mine, too. I'm excited to try this out. I hope the saves work in cross-save, because I've go this pre-ordered for Vita.

e: How long does this last again? I'm not sure I'll have as much time as I'd like for this this week.
Ends early morning of May 10th.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
The Battlefield 4 expansion Dragon's Teeth is available for free this week only. If you want it, add it to your library now.
PS4 version
PS3 version

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

So Battlefield 4 is on sale, but it doesn't show up in the Weekly Deals thing on the store site. Is that usual, for there to be discounts that aren't in that section? Is there a better place for me to look to see what all is on sale?

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Fix posted:

So Battlefield 4 is on sale, but it doesn't show up in the Weekly Deals thing on the store site. Is that usual, for there to be discounts that aren't in that section? Is there a better place for me to look to see what all is on sale?

Both Battlefields are. Hardline is down to $10 too. Is that one worth it?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mrEkli posted:

Both Battlefields are. Hardline is down to $10 too. Is that one worth it?

the players are in 4

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i asked about hardline awhile ago and everyone said it was a bag of dicks

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Fix posted:

I don't know. I just learned of the free expansion deal from an email. I get emails for promotions and beta stuff at my Origin account email address.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

MisterAlex posted:

I don't know. I just learned of the free expansion deal from an email. I get emails for promotions and beta stuff at my Origin account email address.

wow now, what is this? free bf4 expansion?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Davincie posted:

wow now, what is this? free bf4 expansion?

MisterAlex posted:

The Battlefield 4 expansion Dragon's Teeth is available for free this week only. If you want it, add it to your library now.
PS4 version
PS3 version

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Battlefield 5 or whatever they're calling it will come out this fall so they're throwing all the old junk out for free

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ah it still shows up as paid in the store here, hope its just because they're still updating

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Got 1 extra overwatch beta code

N2TD-9CNP-8B4H

EU PS4 version

Edit: Code is taken

Sefal fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 4, 2016

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Sefal posted:

Got 1 extra overwatch beta code

N2TD-9CNP-8B4H

EU PS4 version

Just grabbed this one, thank you!

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Does anyone know if the Zen Pinball Force Awakens pack is cross buy? It states it explicitly on the other Star Wars packs, but I don't see it on that one.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Rirse posted:

Tempted to get one of the Star Wars games on the PS4 from the sale. Leaning heavily toward Super Star Wars as I played the gently caress out of that game as a kid (never beat it due to always getting stuck on the Troop Carrier boss in Mos Eisley) but was the Podracer sequel as good as the N64 one? And then there also Bounty Hunter which I watched Vicas' LP for, but imagine it probably doesn't hold up as well.

I wasn't a fan of Racer Revenge. Maybe I would have changed my tune if I played it longer, but there's a big focus on knocking the other racers off the course and getting them to crash, and that combined with a difference in the feel of the racing put me off.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, the EU store is currently having a "Under 20 Euro" sale right now and I was looking at some games here and I'd be grateful for some opinions regarding these titles:

Blood Bowl 2 (really enjoyed the first but it's been suspiciously quiet around this game)

Natural Doctrine (it's been a while since I played a SRPG, but I'm note sure about the quality of this title)

Mad Max (not in the sale but it still listed as 17 euro)

Bladestorm: Nightmare (I take it that it's basically Kessen: Medevial Europe, right?)

Resident Evil 0,1,6 and Revelations 2 (I've basically lost track of the Resident Evil series after 4, to be honest)

Are any of these worth a look?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Natural Doctrine is like playing three dimensional chess blindfolded and should only be approached if that sounds appealing.

Bladestorm is a neat idea that gets old quick and some of the additions (it was originally an early PS3/360 game) completely and utterly break an already fairly easy game.

RE 0 is bad, 1 is the best of the old school games, Revelations 2 is meh but has some neat ideas, 6 is good inspite of itself but has some incredibly stupid design decisions and controls that are the opposite of user friendly.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 4, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Sakurazuka posted:

Natural Doctrine is like playing three dimensional chess blindfolded and should only be approached if that sounds appealing.
:yeah: It has all the up and down sides of that.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Blood Bowl 2 is better than the first in several ways and a step backwards in several ways. They've been updating and fixing the PC version slowly, no idea if they're doing the same with the console ones. Honestly I think you'd be better off avoiding it on the console if you have any other option.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I had a really hard time with Natural Doctrine, and a lot of its systems were difficult to grasp. I got stuck maybe 4 missions in, because not even one party member can die, IIRC, and I just couldn't parse what was happening on enemy turns. Maybe I'm an idiot, but it seemed way more complex than it needed to be. I turned around and sold it pretty quick.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Different folks, different strokes.

ND is strongly optimized towards people who are able and interested in deducing game mechanics from behavior and like making decisions while tracing effects of them several iterations into the future in a manner not unlike Go.

This kind of specialization appeals to a specific taste that not even disgaea captures, so it is natural that it misses many other tastes.

You're not an idiot, nor is it a bad game. Just not for everyone.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
I liked Mad Max (especially at $20). If you don't like open world (FarCry 3/4) I would avoid it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Mithaldu posted:

ND is strongly optimized towards people who are able and interested in deducing game mechanics from behavior and like making decisions while tracing effects of them several iterations into the future in a manner not unlike Go.

This kind of specialization appeals to a specific taste that not even disgaea captures, so it is natural that it misses many other tastes.

Oh, I know. I purposefully didn't call it bad in my post, because it works pretty much as advertised, and it certainly isn't broken. It's just something that was farther beyond my grasp than I thought it would be when I first looked into it.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Sylphosaurus posted:

Blood Bowl 2 (really enjoyed the first but it's been suspiciously quiet around this game)

Skip it on consoles. It's a buggy mess.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i had the first bloodbowl for 360 and it was impossible to play online, looked like poo poo, got no support and played like rear end. i wouldn't buy the sequel

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Mithaldu posted:

soudns perfect

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

ExCruceLeo posted:

I liked Mad Max (especially at $20). If you don't like open world (FarCry 3/4) I would avoid it.

Yeah I'm surprisingly loving hooning around the wasteland crushing war boys. The most grating part is hearing faux Australian accents mangle Australian vernacular. It's Dinky Die not Dinky Dee.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

If Mad Max would've just let me do the main story I would've enjoyed it but locking sections behind huge amounts of grinding made me give up on it.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, the EU store is currently having a "Under 20 Euro" sale right now and I was looking at some games here and I'd be grateful for some opinions regarding these titles:

Natural Doctrine (it's been a while since I played a SRPG, but I'm note sure about the quality of this title)

Mad Max (not in the sale but it still listed as 17 euro)

Bladestorm: Nightmare (I take it that it's basically Kessen: Medevial Europe, right?)

Resident Evil 0,1,6 and Revelations 2 (I've basically lost track of the Resident Evil series after 4, to be honest)

I adored Mad Max. Pre-ordered, so I paid full price. I dropped a hundred hours on that game. First doing a 100% platinum run where I cleaned dat map, then because I still wasn't done with that world I immediately did a minimum required story replay with the cool stuff I unlocked after finishing the game.

And it's Mad Max as gently caress. Game came out on a Tuesday, I spent the Monday before on a 4 movie rewatch MadMaxAthon and this game absolutely fits into the canon. Tons of little callbacks to the films. It's a great little prequel to Fury Road.

It's a highly underrrated game that will be looked back on as a cult classic. Game owns.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Did they ever fix the slowdown issues with mad max?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Sylphosaurus posted:

Resident Evil 1 is the best game in the series. It's moody, challenging, and gorgeous. Some of the puzzles and inventory management might rub newcomers the wrong way, but if you'll give it a shot, it's really worthwhile.

0 is like 1 but with a worse story, enemies, and environments, with two character (not co-op) gameplay. It's not awful, but only worth considering if you LOVED 1.

6 is very divisive. It has a bad reputation, but a lot of goons swear it's a hidden gem with really deep melee combat. I only got a few levels in, but you might have better luck.

Revelations 2 is solid in my opinion, but a lot of other people were less enthusiastic. It features a modern over-the-shoulder camera and you're in charge of two characters at once (you move one and the other follows). Notably, Capcom tried to make it more scary and less shooty than recent games in the franchise. The game has two timelines of two characters so you'll play one pair in the past, and then use the second to go through (some of) the same environment with different enemies and objectives. I think it had a lot of creative ideas and enjoyable moments, but it's not a sure bet. It does have a lot of extra content and a whole battle minigame with skill trees, random loot weapons, and multiplayer if that appeals to you.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Gravity Rush Remastered is like $20 AUD get on that poo poo.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I get a "Minecraft platformer" vibe from Steamworld Dig, which is $5 right now -- is it more platformer than Minecraftesque game? I love platformers but Minecraft never did it for me. Or am I just being obtuse and thinking "they both involve digging into the earth so they must be similar"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Steamworld Dig is nothing like Minecraft as far as I'm aware, it's a platform/puzzle kind of thing where you dig down to get money to buy upgrades so you can dig further down. It's fun but short, I finished it in like four hours I think.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

Steamworld Dig is nothing like Minecraft as far as I'm aware, it's a platform/puzzle kind of thing where you dig down to get money to buy upgrades so you can dig further down. It's fun but short, I finished it in like four hours I think.
It's weird because there are a lot of games with very similar mechanics but they have randomized levels, while this is a one and done sort of thing. It's definitely a formula that's been cloned a bunch of times but I haven't seen anyone come up with a genre name for it or anything. I played one of them way back on XBLIG and it was one of my favorite games to just kick back and relax with.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its more like oldass Flash game Motherload. You have to dig for ores to cash in for tools to dig deeper and deeper.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah you just dig in the mine and go back to town for supplies and repeat until the story is done. theres no crafting or building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Thanks for the help, everyone. I'll probably go for Resident Evil and Mad Max based on what I've heard here.

• Locked thread