Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Aphrodite posted:

Technically mostly a 3rd world problem.

I'm talking about Americans in America though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm talking about Americans in America though.

Not only that, if you wanted to watch Asian movies made in Asia, starring Asian actors, pick a country, there are tons.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm not talking about Asian movies made in Asia.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
My friend won't let me say "first world problems" because he believes it is a racist term meant to put down other countries.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I think he means he wants to watch a movie produced in Hollywood, staring an Asian lead, that isn't action.

My FWP is my awesome paying ten-day job might be shorter than expected, so I might not make as much as I had planned for.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I think he means he wants to watch a movie produced in Hollywood, staring an Asian lead, that isn't action.

My FWP is my awesome paying ten-day job might be shorter than expected, so I might not make as much as I had planned for.

Yes, I got that, and my comment was meant to point out how little sense it made if you read it any other way.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Kinda long, I apologize, but I didn't know where to post this. Mini-E/Ns are first world problems, right?

I've known a person for, maybe, three years. I use the term known liberally, because even though she's one of the nicest bartenders I've known and former long time coworker of my girlfriend, she's a supremely private person. I've respected that, because I've been told by many others that she's just that kind of person. The closest I've known about her is when she had me email her something, like, four years ago.

Well, because Google either saves every email address you've ever sent mail to, or I just never delete them, I've had her email stored away in Gmail. So when she set up an Instagram account, I get a little popup telling me that, hey, she's on the app! This includes full name, which leads to Facebook, you name it. I ain't doing poo poo with it and I'll likely forget all about it soon, but gently caress. If it was anyone else, I'd have no qualms about telling her that she just blasted her full name to anyone with her email. But she's her, the one whom her coworkers didn't know her last name for a year because "you couldn't pronounce it, just say XXXXXXX". I doubt she'd react well to "I've had your email on file for years, totally on accident".

Tldr: my current FWP is that thanks to the magic of Internet connectivity, I literally stumbled onto the private information of the platonic ideal of a Private Person and I feel bad as gently caress about it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

MisterBibs posted:

Google either saves every email address you've ever sent mail to, or I just never delete them
Any address you send mail to gets automatically added to your address book. It's kind of annoying sometimes.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
If she was that private she wouldn't use her real name on social media :shrug:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

The AC in the hotel room I'm not paying for makes me sneeze.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My old building fucks with my internet due to something in the walls. In one room I get ~80+ mbps on wireless. In the other room I at best get 5-10 but generally get 0 connection so I have to use my phone, and even then I sometimes only get 4G, not even LTE. Some times I even have to use EDGE. EDGE. The router is in between both rooms so it's not a distance issue. I don't know what it is, steel? Lead? Asbestos?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe your walls are filled with valuable copper, creating a Faraday cage!

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I stopped taking one of my meds a few months ago, because it made me sleepy all day. For a while things were fine. Now, I cannot sleep like a normal loving human being. It is 12:30 in the afternoon and I have not slept since 5 pm yesterday. Ironically, I got up at 9am yesterday morning, but my first hangover in years made me stay in bed all day. I cannot remember the last time I slept eight straight hours, at night, like people apparently do.

I am stuck on the bottom rung of Maslow's pyramid.

Also, for the life of me I cannot find someone to mow my lawn and it is a jungle out there and I can feel the neighbors judging me.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

kreyla posted:

I stopped taking one of my meds a few months ago, because it made me sleepy all day. For a while things were fine. Now, I cannot sleep like a normal loving human being. It is 12:30 in the afternoon and I have not slept since 5 pm yesterday. Ironically, I got up at 9am yesterday morning, but my first hangover in years made me stay in bed all day. I cannot remember the last time I slept eight straight hours, at night, like people apparently do.

Also, for the life of me I cannot find someone to mow my lawn and it is a jungle out there and I can feel the neighbors judging me.

A year ago I had the same thing. I was on bp meds for a while that knocked me on my rear end. Then, when I got taken off them, I like, couldn't sleep at all. It eventually wore off thankfully.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i have too many vacations planned this summer

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

kreyla posted:

There's a thread about sleep stuff

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3757905

Personally when I can't sleep I take 2-3 benadryls which knock me out within 30 min for a good 4-5 hours, then if I wake up and can't sleep again I take 2 again. 2 docs said it was ok and I once got 8 benadryls at once in the ER so it's prob ok to do what I'm doing but then again pls ask goon Doctor forum or real doctor before doing it.

For content I woke up with a pounding heart thinking about my city in Cities : Skylines game and could not fall asleep. But 3 benadryls did the trick and I had some cool dreams.

BUT now my city won't load without errors because I modded some buildings. I just want to play gameeeeee

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 20:08 on May 7, 2016

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I stopped in a random Habitat for Humanity resale shop earlier and saw the mid-century sofa of my dreams for only fifty five dollars. However, I'm moving this summer, and have no place to put it while I wait for the new place to be ready. Plus no one I know has a truck or van, so even getting it to a storage unit would be a whole thing. So it's probably not happening. But it looks like a Mad Men setpiece and is super comfortable and I really, really want it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Crow Jane posted:

I stopped in a random Habitat for Humanity resale shop earlier and saw the mid-century sofa of my dreams for only fifty five dollars. However, I'm moving this summer, and have no place to put it while I wait for the new place to be ready. Plus no one I know has a truck or van, so even getting it to a storage unit would be a whole thing. So it's probably not happening. But it looks like a Mad Men setpiece and is super comfortable and I really, really want it.

Maybe they can hold it for you if you pay a few extra bucks.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Thin Privilege posted:

Maybe they can hold it for you if you pay a few extra bucks.

I thought about it, but I don't have an exact date or even week yet, and I can't ask them to hold it for me indefinitely. I'm just gonna hope I can find something closer to the date, though I doubt it will be as cool or as much of a steal as the one I saw today.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to a fundraiser tonight for two girls I used to babysit. One of them turned 13 last December. I started watching them when that kid was 2. I used to see them every week for many years and helped with all their birthdays until last year, but time passes and now I see them maybe once a year around Christmas time. Not that a teenager needs a babysitter but it made me realize just how fast time goes.

We have five foster kittens and they are so cute but one of them is barely over half a pound and is a bottle baby in everything but name and age. I'm worried because he is smaller than the others and even they are eating gruel food. All of them are super active at least.

One of my old Facebook friends has turned pretty drat liberterian and wants Trump to win, just so he can watch the world burn down. He's been very vocal in support of everything Trump says and does and the poo poo his mooks do (the tow truck driver refusing to help a Sanders supporter being top of the list) just because he loves the idea of chaos overtaking and making people miserable. Because then something something free market?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I spend so much time on my girlfriend, my family, and being chronically ill, that a good friend--who may or may not want to be friends with benefits, and I don't know how I feel about that--gets pissed that I never have time for her.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A somewhat essential part of my cochlear implant broke. This isn't the problem, we got the online parts store to 2-Day Ship a replacement for free because we don't have time to wait for standard shipping, that's not my FWP. My FWP is that I was completely unaware how ruinously expensive replacement parts for my poo poo are.

Thank gently caress this isn't the part of mine that broke or I'd be trying to convince my insurance company to pay :signings:$1,500:signings: for one. What the gently caress is it made out of, a hollowed out unicorn horn? It's only about the size of the first joint on my thumb, what the gently caress.

I mean, gently caress! I spent 1,200 building my goddamn computer!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean it does translate vibrations in the air into stuff your brain can understand, right?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Actually, no! That's just the half of it with the volume and power buttons and the battery :v:

This bit here that snaps on is the part that has the microphone, sound processor, and coil to transmit it into the surgically implanted portion of the processor in my head.

So it's a $1,500 volume remote. The processor portion isn't even on the site, presumably because of "you broke WHAT oh my god you need to come see us RIGHT THE gently caress NOW"

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 12:52 on May 9, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm paradoxically full (since I've eaten a lot today, and most of it not very healthy) and hungry (since I'm used to late-night eating) and I really want to snarf down a turkey-and-provolone-on-rye sandwich right now.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

There are at least a dozen places around here that offer pizza and not a single drat one of them has green olives as a topping choice.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Green olives are a snack, not a pizza topping. :colbert:

I was just burning off time at a dollar store before a movie, and it took me too long to decide to not randomly pick up a bunch of novelty oversized foam six-sided dice. I have no need of them. gently caress, I doubt I have room for them.

I still want them.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have a long weekend this week just because.
There should be good uses of my time but I'm just gonna get paid to sit around like the piece of poo poo that I am.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

MisterBibs posted:

Green olives are a snack, not a pizza topping. :colbert:

Green olives are trash food, not a snack or pizza topping. :colbert:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I finally remembered to install a browser extension that blocks YouTube comments, but not before getting into a stupid argument with a random racist on a song that neither of us even liked. :saddowns:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Ew, you touched the poop.

Never touch the poop.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Snapchat sent out an update, and now when you view someone's Snap-Story (or whatever they call it,) it will autoplay the next person's story, too. Previously, when done with one person's story, you'd go back to the Story screen, but now you find yourself tapping and tapping to skip a story and wonder why this person has so many stories, and wait, why is George in Lindsay's Snap, they don't know each other-oh, right.

The First-Worldiest of problems.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I want to keep listening to music for a bit longer before I try to go to sleep, but I'm bored of what I'm actually doing (as opposed to just lying around listening).

E: Also the computer I complained about before? I did have it working again... did, past tense. It just gave up the ghost again and I don't think I can bring it back this time. :smith:

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 16:49 on May 11, 2016

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Ew, you touched the poop.

Never touch the poop.

I know, I know! I never learn :(

Also I bought way too much epoisses cheese at my local cheese place and now I'm worried about finishing it before it goes off.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

HOLY gently caress posted:

Also I bought way too much epoisses cheese at my local cheese place and now I'm worried about finishing it before it goes off.

PMing you my address now.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's a guy at a farmer's market that sells amazing roasted almonds with cheddar/jalapeno flavor but I forgot to buy them.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I just found this new bread that taste so drat awesome and it's really filling. You don't even need to make it a sandwich, just a little honey even and it is a perfect dessert. Now I'm afraid if I read the ingredients, despite it having no HFCS it will have a poo poo ton of sodium or something bad.

Our foster kittens are loving adorable but messy as hell and constantly have to be cleaned because they run through the litter boxes and get poo poo all over them. I have to bathe them once a day or so, and then I lay down with the group for playtime and another one runs up to me with poo poo all over his feet.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I can't get my new Deadpool Blu Ray to play on my PC, it just sits there, making spinning noises, and not loading. Popped in another BR, Ant-Man , and it played fine. Deadpool? Nope. Restarted, still nothing.

Why is Blu-Ray on PC such a landmine of shittiness? :negative:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

MisterBibs posted:

I can't get my new Deadpool Blu Ray to play on my PC, it just sits there, making spinning noises, and not loading. Popped in another BR, Ant-Man , and it played fine. Deadpool? Nope. Restarted, still nothing.

Why is Blu-Ray on PC such a landmine of shittiness? :negative:

I've literally never gotten a Blu-Ray to play, but I've always been able to rip copies with MakeMKV. So my BlueRay collection all gets ripped to hard drive, and now I'm low on disk space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I've literally never gotten a Blu-Ray to play, but I've always been able to rip copies with MakeMKV. So my BlueRay collection all gets ripped to hard drive, and now I'm low on disk space.

e: Huh, it's free during it being a beta. That's cool, I guess.

I could just :files: it, but I own the drat thing and half the reason of getting a physical copy is the goddamned extra content.