Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Apparently Maehwas damage in pvp got buffed pretty stupidly. Someone with experience should try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Anyone get some sweet boss armor yet?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Are the 3 new areas intended for really geared level 55+ people or what? Haven't heard much about them yet.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hy_C posted:

This guy did

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Hy_C posted:

One dude musta horded reward bundles cause he got 3 of the 4 pieces within 20 minutes of server up.

J posted:

Are the 3 new areas intended for really geared level 55+ people or what? Haven't heard much about them yet.

Krolmy and I went to pirate islands north of epheria and they are definitely for strong adventurers. at 52 Krolmy with his lil babby wizard robes was getting destroyed by pirates, I faired better on my warrior but they are definitely a step up from sausans, and theres a limited duration event going on where they drop rum that buffs your AP and stacks with food and can be turned in for pirate costumes so expect pirate island to become the next hotbed of pvp fueled nerd death by this evening as everyone goes into a histeria trying to get the event done and grind on the hot new newness..

Edit: So dont go alone, bring a group and Id say level52 minimum because that areas rough but worse its going to attract groups of the best playeers on the channel and they wont want to share despite how large the island is.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Pretty sure rum drops off any mobs, you just need to turn it in at pirate island.

Reason pirate island will be contested is because every poopsocker will be over there trying to level. e: and we also have three fewer channels to spread people around in

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

J posted:

The pirate area is supposed to be 55+ geared leveling area to get to 56+ easier as far as I remember.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Hy_C posted:

Someone's already sold a piece on Edan.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Pirate island trip report:

Muskets really loving hurt. A lot. And you'll get shot from all sides. Chews through a 200+DP wizard in about 10 hits if you're not paying attention, and the melee swings are 60% HP damage easy. Actually killing stuff isn't too bad overall, a party of five geared 52s could hold their own fairly well and probably get XP slightly faster than sausans. But it'll take more strategy and thought than just face tanking everything, at least if you aren't a warrior/valk.

It's also really, really densely packed and large, much larger than sausans. The above is a slightly more than typical cluster inland. Seen at least one guy get a http://bddatabase.net/us/item/12017/, which seems slightly better than a mark of shadow.

Overall I'd give the pirate islands a C+. Awful customer service, nice rum that stacks with food buffs, would come again in a group of 5 with four+ hours to kill.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
I did it

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

RockyB posted:

Seen at least one guy get a http://bddatabase.net/us/item/12017/, which seems slightly better than a mark of shadow.

That ring only enhances +1ap and +5mp each time so if you're a class that stacks AP (like a witch or ranger) you will probably just want to stick with MoS.

ioneye posted:

I did it

Grats!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ArtisticEntireAtlanticbluetang-mobile.mp4

video of guy losing a Hebetate armor auction lol

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
he is awful at how to auction

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

What was the price for 100 spell powder before the patch? 30k/100?

It's 60k now. Exchangables seem to have had a huge sale buff.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Wilekat posted:

Good. They're kind of a pain in the rear end, and until now they paid peanuts compared to what I passively accrue from just fishing. I was vendoring them for a while; just handed in a ton in glish last night and was grumbling about how it wasn't worth it... wish I had held onto those for another day. :P

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Third World Reggin posted:

For my own benefit I'd like to confirm how to not be awful. Do you just go to the item and spam the "Refresh" button until one pops up? That's what I was doing for my Grunil Gloves and Ship License.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Any reason why my hourly quests arent showing up? Ive tried everything at 50 to do the quests and I cant find them anywhere

oh the fat bastard finally decided to give me all those quests.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 4, 2016

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Obscurity posted:

For my own benefit I'd like to confirm how to not be awful. Do you just go to the item and spam the "Refresh" button until one pops up? That's what I was doing for my Grunil Gloves and Ship License.

Haven't you heard? Real pros develop their own bot that beats the captcha and other security measures. Git gud bro.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Wilekat posted:

Seems like exchangeables doubled in value across the board.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Obscurity posted:

Search for the specific item so its the top of the list. Put your mouse over the - where the amount being sold would show up. Wait for it to auto refresh to 1 and spam click that so you can get into the captcha screen right away. Type in your captcha and win.

Alternatively get into the captcha window and type your numbers but let the item get sold. Spam refresh until the next one pops up(15 mins after the notification showed up) and as soon as you see it pop up to buy just hit enter and your already entered captcha will work. This only works when items are posted more then once or twice a day unless you like starting at an AH all day.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Probad posted:

If true, then how does this impact farming locations? I have not really gotten into farming massive amounts of mobs to earn money yet so I don't know much about it, but as I understood things it was all about farming to get that rare drop rather than accumulate exchangeables. Will this increase change that? If not, then does the increase even matter then?

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Xavier434 posted:

If true, then how does this impact farming locations? I have not really gotten into farming massive amounts of mobs to earn money yet so I don't know much about it, but as I understood things it was all about farming to get that rare drop rather than accumulate exchangeables. Will this increase change that? If not, then does the increase even matter then?

The new ruins area drops things that sell for 1700 a piece. Helms sell for 840 a piece.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Probad posted:

Yay I guess, but this only devalues the crafting/worker ecosystem even more. It was already inferior to just farming mobs, and now the gulf just widens further. Not to whine too much, I just really enjoy crafting, and this game has a unique way of handling it that I enjoy, so it kinda sucks to have it be a pale shadow of grinding for cash.

EDIT: Although, I guess it is beneficial to have people out there at the camps, as it increases interaction between players + pvp. Maybe when node wars kick in I'll have a better leg to stand on, as even craftergoons will want to get whatever special node they need to craft with (presumably).

Kaedric fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 4, 2016

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Does anyone know if blue and yellow armor/weapons have a lower chance of succeeding during enchantment compared to green? I'm thinking of upgrading my +14 enchantment stacking pieces so they have an even lower chance to succeed.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Does anyone know if blue and yellow armor/weapons have a lower chance of succeeding during enchantment compared to green? I'm thinking of upgrading my +14 enchantment stacking pieces so they have an even lower chance to succeed.

I've heard people just make an alt and get it to negative karma by killing wild horses. Then unequip everything except for your +15 enchantment stacking piece and suicide over and over until it goes down to +14 so you can continue using the same item to build fail stacks.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

They are thought to have lower enchantment success rates indeed.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXxG-z8wRdE

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

J posted:

I've heard people just make an alt and get it to negative karma by killing wild horses. Then unequip everything except for your +15 enchantment stacking piece and suicide over and over until it goes down to +14 so you can continue using the same item to build fail stacks.

I get that part, I would just rather make it harder to get to +15.

kalstrams posted:

They are thought to have lower enchantment success rates indeed.

Thanks!

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

The mother's day dailies are worth doing. The chocolate consumable you get as a reward has some neat stat buffs, but the important thing is +1 energy regen for an hour. The initial quest rewards one chocolate, but the daily quest gives you 3.

Equates to a decent amount of free energy!

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

I get that part, I would just rather make it harder to get to +15.

Thanks!

Remember, you have to repair the item eventually, right?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
So I switched servers while hitching a ride on other peoples boats and I don't own one.

Ended up spawning on a server with no boats where I was stuck in the air. Escape didn't work and I couldn't move my char until I went back to the old server and the boat was luckily still there.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Omfg

I just bred two of my tier 6's to get another tier 6 and LOOK WHAT HAPPENED, my first tier 7! He starts with Sideways Step at 100%. :D For those buying the color theory, he has 7 red.

my character looks really angry in that screenshot lol

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Phew! What a day. Mined up some rocks, ground down some wheat, cooked up a feast and had some really long, interesting conversations. Time to eat this whole box of chocolate and hit the bed to get my energy back.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Kaedric posted:

Remember, you have to repair the item eventually, right?

In the long run most likely cheaper than succeeding at sub 25 stacks and blowing ~4 million silver worth of black stones because of it. (and wasting time running around dying on an alt waiting for it to disenchant)

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
I'm gonna effort post my "how to make money for afk, never play-players" in the morning. Or the afternoon. Or never. We'll see.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Aw poo poo, did anyone else notice that now workers are officially paid by the state? There's text in the worker menu now that says our taxes from the AH pay them so we don't need to worry about extra payments, just keep them happy with food and beer. This is a very progressive world.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

They can try to handwave away the slavery all they want but we know better. :ssh:

I'm more interested in how they doubled the value of all vendor trash. Grinding was already the best way to make money but it's even better now.

Also it's been confirmed that the various field bosses drop their respective boss armor (like dim tree drops hebetate armor, which is BiS for most classes).

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Grondoth posted:

Aw poo poo, did anyone else notice that now workers are officially paid by the state? There's text in the worker menu now that says our taxes from the AH pay them so we don't need to worry about extra payments, just keep them happy with food and beer. This is a very progressive world.

We are suppose to trust Big Government to pay our workers!? Time to stock up on kzarkas and livertos, you never know when Obama will send in his storm troopers to take them away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Memory fragments are blowing up in price now that boss armors are out as well.