Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
what have I done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

BillmasterCozb posted:

what have I done

Holy poo poo how did they gently caress this up this bad

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
This is loving magic, gotta install this poo poo pronto :allears: I was gonna hold out untill all the skills actually work in the beta, but

BillmasterCozb posted:

what have I done

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
being able to ace literally every skill is fun for a little while

i am able to one shot everything

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

BillmasterCozb posted:

what have I done

Looks legit.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
The upper half of the melee tree is just utter trash. All of the value is in the lower half, and there's no real value to taking any of the skills up top.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I have bought every skill but Covert Ops, Optical Illusions Aced, Berzerker and Frenzy. Oh and Breacher but who gives a poo poo I AM A CRIME GOD.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

The upper half of the melee tree is just utter trash. All of the value is in the lower half, and there's no real value to taking any of the skills up top.

-someone who doesn't use Yakuza and/or the flamethrower.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

watho posted:

-someone who doesn't use Yakuza and/or the flamethrower.

Flamethrower hardly needs a damage boost. It's only problem right now is that it's a little ammo-hungry. Flamethrower also isn't melee, which is basically the point. The upper half of the melee tree really blows at enabling melee.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The only skill I'd say is bad is Counterstrike. 30% health berserker will make you oneshot most non-specials with an uncharged melee. If you use that with Yakuza and the armorer tree you'll have lightning fast recharging armor and the mobility of a suit user. It won't make you able to use your melee weapon as effectively as a gun but to claim that it's bad is just silly.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I wanna play this game with one particular friend. Is two people enough to do stuff or am I going to need a group of 4 or something?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Tony Montana posted:

I wanna play this game with one particular friend. Is two people enough to do stuff or am I going to need a group of 4 or something?

2 is enough if you both know what you're doing.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
You can solo without AI on many missions

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

watho posted:

The only skill I'd say is bad is Counterstrike. 30% health berserker will make you oneshot most non-specials with an uncharged melee. If you use that with Yakuza and the armorer tree you'll have lightning fast recharging armor and the mobility of a suit user. It won't make you able to use your melee weapon as effectively as a gun but to claim that it's bad is just silly.

I kill one enemy with a gun, and via Bloodthirst and Pumping Iron, I'm one-shotting most non-specials with an uncharged melee. Charge for half a second (or stack Bloodthirst one more time) and I really will one-shot all non-specials, regardless of difficulty. Katana hits for 210 uncharged with Pumping Iron and one Bloodthirst kill. Why bother handicapping myself with low health (and no passive health regen), at such great expense?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I kill one enemy with a gun, and via Bloodthirst and Pumping Iron, I'm one-shotting most non-specials with an uncharged melee. Charge for half a second (or stack Bloodthirst one more time) and I really will one-shot all non-specials, regardless of difficulty. Katana hits for 210 uncharged with Pumping Iron and one Bloodthirst kill. Why bother handicapping myself with low health (and no passive health regen), at such great expense?

I dunno, because it's fun? Why take anything else than 6 sentry, inspire, commando?

e: I've found it that you don't really need the HP when you run Yakuza since your armor will regen in less than a second, and the 60%+ damage helps A LOT to conserve ammo on the flamethrower.

watho fucked around with this message at 08:25 on May 4, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I don't think this is a beta related bug but with Overkill you never really know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbIfompdTyc

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Skills beta
Grinder healing effect should now last for the proper time duration
Locomotive, Street Sweeper, Judge, Mosconi and Joceline will not suffer from ammo penalty anymore
Unavailable skills on the Breacher tree have been removed
Fixed an issues where you could get infinite skill points
Fixed an issue where some skill points could not be removed
Fixed an issue where the game would crash when using the skill Optic Illusions together with the Valkyria Rifle
You can now place your last skill point (this was patched yesterday, btu was not included in the changelog)

Did they just un-nerfed Grinder?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Yeah, they fixed Grinder. My guess is that it can stack more than once, now.

The shotgun change also explains a lot.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Some weird cheerleading over the idea that this will murder Grinder, but I do like how even people playing the game just love the new word btu.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

:allbuttons: No. Counterstrike is probably the only skill in Brawler that I'd say is utter trash, because it just isn't needed.

this build works amazingly using Sociopath, especially with Frenzy and Berserker

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 4, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

:allbuttons: No. Counterstrike is probably the only skill in Brawler that I'd say is utter trash, because it just isn't needed.

this build works amazingly using Sociopath, especially with Frenzy and Berserker

You're going to have to do a better job than just making an assertion. As I've demonstrated before, all you really need to advance an effective melee build is to a) take the katana, and b) stack Bloodthirst once or twice. Bam, done. You can one-shot everything except specials in an uncharged swing, even on DW (and let's be honest, DW is the focus now). Substantively, you nothing by handicapping yourself in terms of health via Berserker and Frenzy, since you're already wrecking enemies if you do nothing beyond "shoot, swing, repeat." And it's not as though you can afford to do anything but that: prolonged engagement in melee range is going to cost you your armor, you have less health to fall back on, and no way to regenerate it. It's a battle of attrition that you are absolutely going to lose.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Punking cloakers is however, hilarious.

Checkmate, thread.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Would Counter-Strike be a better skill if it let you press melee while you were being kicked down to interrupt the attack, or is it fine how it is where you need to be charging a strike?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The only problem with trying to turn counter strike into an effective parry is that connection issues are the only thing stopping you. The cloaker can already travel through netcode bullshit, so even finely tuned melee reflexes may get hosed over by the cloaker going through the floor or knocking you down even if you can't see it, but its there on the host's end.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Geight posted:

Would Counter-Strike be a better skill if it let you press melee while you were being kicked down to interrupt the attack, or is it fine how it is where you need to be charging a strike?

Some kind of quicktime event would probably be most preferable. Otherwise, you might as well just take the taser for a grand total of zero skill points. There's also what Crabtree mentions: you just can't always catch the Cloakers, especially when they come out the vent halfway through a kick/teleport through the floor/whatever.

Hell, I ran a gimmick with Counterstrike for a while, and even the Cloakers seemed to be in on the joke half the time. They'd sit and stare while I stood with my melee weapon ready to go while the other cops shot at me. The second I dropped the melee charge to deal with the cops, the fuckers attacked. It's funny when it works, but it fails a lot, too.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I mean, yeah, as it is you're basically just waiting for a cloaker to still somehow punk you, a teammate to flame or otherwise kill it before you get there or get shot down by regular cops flak fire hoping for the stars to align. Being able to just press a melee attack and activate Counterstrike then and there if you practice the sweet spot could be an improvement. But as Lucifer said, sometime you just can't win as the cloaker is a motherfucker.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 4, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Given the meta nature of many of the cloaker's taunts, I love the idea that they're privvy to whether a player has counter-strike and change their tactics accordingly.

Now, what if we went full ham and let players deflect incoming bullets while charging a melee weapon? :getin:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Geight posted:

Given the meta nature of many of the cloaker's taunts, I love the idea that they're privvy to whether a player has counter-strike and change their tactics accordingly.

Now, what if we went full ham and let players deflect incoming bullets while charging a melee weapon? :getin:

Only if it's the katana and you're wearing the grey fox mask.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Geight posted:

New Heister:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Geight posted:

I mean honestly counterstrike aced is only great for a few achievements and that's it. I say drop that ability all together and do something else entirely.

"You can now use your melee item instead of a crowbar to pry open doors, gates, and crates. This skill cannot be used to jam the fans on Meltdown."

There ya go. Something people want, don't need, makes sense, and isn't op.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
We have an FAQ with very general info about how the new safehouse will work.

I've quoted the whole thing below.

Custom Safehouse FAQ
It’s time to give you some news about the Custom Safehouse. We know a lot of you sits on plenty of questions so we’ve put together a short FAQ with answers to the most common questions about what we’re working on.

FAQ:

• Is all content released together with the Custom Safehouse free?
    Yes! All content in the Custom Safehouse will be free.

• When is the Custom Safehouse released?
    We will release a timeframe within the coming weeks, we are just adjusting details and doing the last scheduling.

• Will I be able to bring other players into my Safehouse?
    Yes. That is our ambition! We’re currently looking into that possibility and seeing how it could work in a cool and fun way.

• Will I be able to use my old Safehouse?
    No. The old Safehouse won’t have any purpose when the new Custom Safehouse is released, so we’ll make that unavailable as we go live.

• Will I use offshore money to upgrade your Safehouse?
    No you won't. We’re currently implementing a new system for that.

• How big will the Custom Safehouse be?
    It will be pretty big, with a lot of different cool areas to explore. Also, as we release a new update the Custom Safehouse area will expand over time. But initially it will be bigger than the current Safehouse.

• How will DLC content affect The Custom Safehouse?
    The Custom Safehouse will get upgrades as we’re updating the game, through DLC or otherwise. However, all content in the Custom Safehouse is free. So for example: if you don’t own the Yakuza Character Pack, Jiro’s Custom Safehouse content will still be available for free.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well then this should shut up the complaining babies on Steam for a whil....

gently caress.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

We have an FAQ with very general info about how the new safehouse will work.

I've quoted the whole thing below.

Custom Safehouse FAQ
It’s time to give you some news about the Custom Safehouse. We know a lot of you sits on plenty of questions so we’ve put together a short FAQ with answers to the most common questions about what we’re working on.

FAQ:

• Is all content released together with the Custom Safehouse free?
    Yes! All content in the Custom Safehouse will be free.

• When is the Custom Safehouse released?
    We will release a timeframe within the coming weeks, we are just adjusting details and doing the last scheduling.

• Will I be able to bring other players into my Safehouse?
    Yes. That is our ambition! We’re currently looking into that possibility and seeing how it could work in a cool and fun way.

• Will I be able to use my old Safehouse?
    No. The old Safehouse won’t have any purpose when the new Custom Safehouse is released, so we’ll make that unavailable as we go live.

• Will I use offshore money to upgrade your Safehouse?
    No you won't. We’re currently implementing a new system for that.

• How big will the Custom Safehouse be?
    It will be pretty big, with a lot of different cool areas to explore. Also, as we release a new update the Custom Safehouse area will expand over time. But initially it will be bigger than the current Safehouse.

• How will DLC content affect The Custom Safehouse?
    The Custom Safehouse will get upgrades as we’re updating the game, through DLC or otherwise. However, all content in the Custom Safehouse is free. So for example: if you don’t own the Yakuza Character Pack, Jiro’s Custom Safehouse content will still be available for free.

Character-based Safehouse content? I am ready for Bonnie's pile of whiskey bottles.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

chairface posted:

New Heister:

I really ought to try and play this game more, I just got discouraged after losing basically a few hour's progress in the first city area because I got oneshot by something and had never thought to save during all the time I was making my legs OK and getting counter-hacked by ATMs.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Geight posted:

I really ought to try and play this game more, I just got discouraged after losing basically a few hour's progress in the first city area because I got oneshot by something and had never thought to save during all the time I was making my legs OK and getting counter-hacked by ATMs.

The only thing you lose from dying more times than you have resurrectors is having to restart the level and suffering a permanent wound (permanent stat penalty.) So you could've just kept on with a minor stat penalty. you can later remove the permanent stat penalties

Anyway it wasn't a serious suggestion but at the point we've got Jacket, Bodhi and Jimmy randomly throwing the guy from EYE in makes as much sense as anything. Plus he has an excuse for why he can absorb a few thousand gunshots.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Kikas posted:

Well then this should shut up the complaining babies on Steam for a whil....

gently caress.

We all know the pub will bitch because they want to bitch. And since this a game for kids lets have a Dan Backslide heister seeing as The Dover Boys is public domain.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 4, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I can't wait for Jacket's 80's tape recorder paradise

..or landfill.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

BillmasterCozb posted:

..or landfill.

Yessssssssssssssssssss

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

BillmasterCozb posted:

..or landfill.

Speaking as someone who was alive in the 80s myself, you know what would be his perfect time capsule safehouse? Something 80s as all poo poo that's been dead and buried long enough that no one has thought about it for nearing twenty years?

A mom and pop video store. That would be perfect for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Seems like they made ED1 harder to rush for stealth - trying it now on OK and fewer containers seem to be open. Can anyone confirm/deny?