Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Carson Floats Cruz as Potential Attorney General and/or Supreme Court Justice

quote:

Ben Carson has a plan for Ted Cruz now that the Texas senator has dropped out of the GOP presidential race: attorney general, then Supreme Court justice under a Trump administration.

When Fox News Radio’s John Gibson asked Carson on Wednesday whether it would be “smart” for presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump to offer Cruz a position on the Supreme Court, he said yes.

“I think he would be terrific on the Supreme Court, or I think he would be a terrific attorney general. Or he could be both,” Carson said. “He could be attorney general first, you know, go ahead and prosecute Hillary, and then go on the Supreme Court.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/status/727835897140543489

Haha no way he goes all the way through November without seriously compromising national security some how.

STAC Goat posted:

poo poo. I never even considered that. gently caress.

I'm drinking from now until November.
And remember, Trump didn't know the difference between the Quds and the Kurds or Hamas and Hezbollah.

Of course, he might know those things now thanks to his war criminal foreign policy adviser:

quote:

Donald Trump has finally announced the names of five of his foreign policy advisers, and at least one member of his new team is sure to raise eyebrows.

Walid Phares, a Lebanese academic who advised Mitt Romney's campaign in 2012, is one of the five names Trump gave to the Washington Post during a meeting with the paper's editorial board on Monday. As Mother Jones reported in 2011, Phares was a major player in the Lebanese Forces, one of the Christian militias that fought in Lebanon's brutal 15-year civil war. According to Toni Nissi, a colleague of Phares' at the time, Phares helped the group's leader, Samir Geagea, steep its fighters in religious ideology.

"[Samir Geagea] wanted to change them from a normal militia to a Christian army," Nissi said. "Walid Phares was responsible for training the lead officers in the ideology of the Lebanese Forces."

The Lebanese Forces are now just one of Lebanon's many political parties, but the group was responsible for one of the war's most notorious incidents, the massacre of hundreds of Palestinians in Lebanon's Sabra and Shatila refugee camps in 1982.

Phares is also well known as an anti-Muslim campaigner. He's appeared on the radio show of Frank Gaffney, the conspiracy theorist who's a foreign policy adviser to Ted Cruz.
What I'm trying to say is that your reaction of pure horror is the correct one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The X-man cometh posted:

Excuse me, but a fedora is the ultimate head piece of a mature and responsible grown-up.

I was mostly referring to Rand Paul dressing like a weird child but fedoras too, yes

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

OatmealRaisin posted:

I keep thinking about a Trump vs Clinton election and I'm sitting here thinking, I wish I could just vote for Obama again. :smith:

Believe me, I felt the same way when Bill's time was up :smith::hf::smith:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Does Marco Rubio TRY to come off like a college freshman annoying people about how he should have chosen a different major?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

fade5 posted:

And remember, Trump didn't know the difference between the Quds and the Kurds or Hamas and Hezbollah.

Of course, he might know those things now thanks to his war criminal foreign policy adviser:

What I'm trying to say is that your reaction of pure horror is the correct one.

Nice meltdown

oneforthevine
Sep 25, 2015

Oh my God no. Friend Ben, why?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Does Marco Rubio TRY to come off like a college freshman annoying people about how he should have chosen a different major?

Hopefully President Trump will have many years of fun bullying little Marco Rubio

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Marco Rubio posted:

‘A couple times I’ve wondered, “Boy, if we had a couple more years, we could really get some stuff done,”’

Where did the time go?

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Donald J. Trump will never fly simply by flapping his arms. I cannot see any conceivable way for him to overcome the physical limits that prevent a human being from unaided flight.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

dimebag dinkman posted:

Donald J. Trump will never fly simply by flapping his arms. I cannot see any conceivable way for him to overcome the physical limits that prevent a human being from unaided flight.

what have you done

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Here we go!

https://twitter.com/ewerickson/status/727945490994585600

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Kasich speaking now.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2553193403001/gov-john-kasich-suspends-his-presidential-campaign/#sp=watch-live

EDIT: poo poo he just finished. I was late! All I caught was him thanking God.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Question: Now that Trump is the nominee, does that mean Republicans will move forward with confirming Obama's SCOTUS pick as a means of "well this is as good as we're gonna get", or will they dig in their feet and let Clinton potentially bring in somebody more liberal leaning?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/718836449424977920

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I already lolled at this in another thread, but even in crazyworld where Trump wins and they increase their majority in the senate, that senate would still not confirm Cruz to the supreme court.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Louisgod posted:

Question: Now that Trump is the nominee, does that mean Republicans will move forward with confirming Obama's SCOTUS pick as a means of "well this is as good as we're gonna get", or will they dig in their feet and let Clinton potentially bring in somebody more liberal leaning?

They won't because Trump has promised to let the heritage foundation have their SCOTUS pick, Trump really doesn't give a poo poo about the SC and it's a bargaining chip to get the conservatives on his side

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

ReidRansom posted:

I already lolled at this in another thread, but even in crazyworld where Trump wins and they increase their majority in the senate, that senate would still not confirm Cruz to the supreme court.

lol the senate could literally be 100 republicans and cruz still won't get confirmed, they'd probably filibuster their own party's pick if it came down to it

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Kasich's concession speech was probably the best speech he has given since the beginning of his campaign.

Wonder how seriously Trump is considering him the Veepstakes.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

gently caress Kasich

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
I'm still convinced we might have a Julius Caesar situation on the Convention floor where all the humiliated failed Candidates and high profile GOP leadership gather around Trump and stab him to death.

Et tu, Christie?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Typo posted:

They won't because Trump has promised to let the heritage foundation have their SCOTUS pick, Trump really doesn't give a poo poo about the SC and it's a bargaining chip to get the conservatives on his side

lol I forgot about that, they literally gave him a list. Well fuckers, you had your chance.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/727967028502511616

Jesus christ NBC, you don't actually have to suck his dick.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Louisgod posted:

I really hope they just dig in so they can pretend they're sticking to their time honored rules or whatever, because we can do better. Garland was a great troll choice, but he's too old and too moderate for a serious choice now it's basically inevitable Clinton will have the next go at picking.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Colonel Corazon posted:

gently caress Kasich

lolling at anyone who buys the idea that he's a moderate nice republican

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fox Ironic posted:

I'm still convinced we might have a Julius Caesar situation on the Convention floor where all the humiliated failed Candidates and high profile GOP leadership gather around Trump and stab him to death.

Et tu, Christie?

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone suggest some crazy conspiracy theory where Cruz dropped out to lull Trump into a sense of security and then he'll mount a surprise coup at the convention with rule changes.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Fox Ironic posted:

Et tu, Christie?

for the party, Christie said, with tears in his eyes

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Remember the Summer of Trump? It was nothing. Get ready for the REAL Summer of Trump. It may never end.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think Trump is going to reach across the isle and tap Jim Gilmore as VP pick.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Fox Ironic posted:

Et tu, Christie?

Christie pauses for a second, remembers,

and plunges in the knife

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nate's technically correct.

It happened in the beginning of May.

:smugdon:

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not big on defending any assault but...

Trayvon Martin or Michael Brown shouldn't have been shot and killed, AND their past behavior shouldn't have been used as justification for their murders. Similarly, this young man shouldn't have been beaten, and his past behavior (shameful and revolting as it is) shouldn't be used to justify that beating.

Ahh never mind, I'll just smugly chuckle at one of THEM getting what THEY deserve.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
oderint dum metuant -- Donald Trump

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

STAC Goat posted:

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone suggest some crazy conspiracy theory where Cruz dropped out to lull Trump into a sense of security and then he'll mount a surprise coup at the convention with rule changes.

clearly he dropped out so he can take up his mantle as the zodiac killer again to murder him

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

It's cute that they think Trump will get to replace Scalia, Obama is going to give them an ultimatum, confirm his pick who isn't very controversial on the right or he withdraws the nomination and they have to deal with the high likelihood that Hillary appoints someone with a democratic senate or if some sort of insanity happened they have to deal with a Trump wildcard that is has no vote for 4 years so the Supreme Court lets the overwhelmingly liberal lower court rulings stand.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Noted GOP hack Alex Castellanos was on MSNBC just now, and kept saying that Trump doesn't need to win millennials women, or minority voters - he just needs to keep HILLARY from winning those votes.

When the other panelist challenged him and said, "how does he do that?" he had absolutely no answer.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
I bet this election ends the most marriages of any election in US history, maybe world history.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/04/28/the-end-is-near-clinton-and-sanders-camps-quietly-signal-resolution/

quote:

Bob Sutton, chairman of the Broward County GOP Executive Committee in Florida, voiced confidence that Clinton would be easy to defeat in a debate — with a comment not likely to endear him to some female voters. “I think when Donald Trump debates Hillary Clinton she’s going to go down like Monica Lewinsky,” he said.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

those dozens of delegates his campaign got tickets for are still gonna be there, and a lot of the establishment figures seem to indicating a quiet boycott. even if all those pissed off cruz delegates decide a rules committee putsch is a bridge too far, they'll have control over the party platform and the vp pick, won't they? anything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
"That's the trouble with Trump: He's trying to be another Jessie"

• Locked thread