Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

That helps, but the only safe way to be sure is to purchase a mining permit.

shut your face globby ill cut you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

BTW, everyone should be looking at DHD's twitter meltdown atm.

Turns out that TEST was renting a VPS from Delimiter to host their Mumble server, and someone used that server for DDOSes. Delimiter has now terminated TEST's hosting contract, leaving them without working voice comms, and a million angry neckbeards are attacking the company on Twitter thinking that this will improve things.

(Delimeter's handling of this doesn't look great either, but man, it's all sorts of :jerky: to watch.)

That's uh...that's pretty funny and pretty :cripes: at the same time (by both sides).

From what I'm reading, Delimiter won't provide a refund despite terminating the service early after it was already paid for which is lame.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

That's uh...that's pretty funny and pretty :cripes: at the same time (by both sides).

From what I'm reading, Delimiter won't provide a refund despite terminating the service early after it was already paid for which is lame.

if they actually used them to ddos they shouldn't get a refund!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

That helps, but the only safe way to be sure is to purchase a mining permit Procurer

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

if they actually used them to ddos they shouldn't get a refund!

Except even under their TOS they'd get a warning first before being outright denied the service they paid for.

Delimiter are dumb, TEST are dumb, you are dumb, we are all dumb.

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

vandalism posted:

I want to join the rock Bros Corp. How do I get in there?

Jazzzzz posted:

Open your corporation window, search for "Rock Venture", right-click on Rock Venture Chill Friends Mining corp, click Show Info, click Apply to Join

I pulled down PyFA the other night and so far like it better than EFT minus a couple of bugs (it doesn't want to import damage types from the clipboard properly, and has crashed once or twice after being left open for a while)

Or go here: www.linkedin.com/jobs/rock-ventures-detroit-jobs :cheerdoge:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

Except even under their TOS they'd get a warning first before being outright denied the service they paid for.

are you sure the tos doesn't have a "dont do illegal poo poo" clause that allows for gently caress you terminations

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
cause im pretty sure they're gonna have a dont do illegal poo poo clause

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
combo:

(2:24:54 PM) Helmh0ltz: rofl im looking into the TEST Mumble host.. they are terrible. they dont even put the IPs assigned to the servers on a vlan so you can literally steal IPs from other customers within the same block.
(2:25:42 PM) hosiden: hahahah
(2:26:52 PM) Helmh0ltz: probably someone got a server, jacked the IPs that test was using, and violated the ToS on their IPs. Getting TEST termed while just chilling in the same block. mfw.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

combo:

(2:24:54 PM) Helmh0ltz: rofl im looking into the TEST Mumble host.. they are terrible. they dont even put the IPs assigned to the servers on a vlan so you can literally steal IPs from other customers within the same block.
(2:25:42 PM) hosiden: hahahah
(2:26:52 PM) Helmh0ltz: probably someone got a server, jacked the IPs that test was using, and violated the ToS on their IPs. Getting TEST termed while just chilling in the same block. mfw.

Sounds more like the Delimiter dudes are stupid than anything.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I will hope Code is as truly honourable as they say they are. :)

I am using my new procurer :D And the person who gave it to me over put lots of shields and things on it.

RVCMF in action!! :3:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
:kimchi:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

"excuse me, you have to warn us before terminating our account for committing crimes with it" are you insane

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

VideoGames posted:

I will hope Code is as truly honourable as they say they are. :)

I am using my new procurer :D And the person who gave it to me over put lots of shields and things on it.

RVCMF in action!! :3:

Thank god for that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
One of my Corp friends said that I should only undock that which I am willing to lose. And the only thing I am not willing to lose is Rock. Without him I would not have learnt all this and had so much fun, so he is partially retired. He is managing the ship hangar and making sure everyone inside feels good now!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

LuiCypher posted:

HP sauce, vinegar. Heinz ketchup, and homemade mayonnaise are the acceptable french fry condiments :colbert:

Ketchup, ketchup/mayo mix, ranch, or a light salting are the only acceptable fry condiments.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

jesus christ ubi you're a moron for taking dhd at face value

quote:

You agree that any of the below activities are considered prohibited usage and could result in immediate account suspension or cancellation without a refund and the possibility that Delimiter USA will impose fees, and/or pursue civil remedies without providing advance notice.

Other Activities viewed as Illegal or Harmful: Engaging in illegal activities or engaging in activities harmful to the operations of Delimiter USA or the customer

you only get a warning if you're using too much of their resources, not if you're committing a crime:

quote:

Misuse of System Resources: Misuse of system resources, including but not limited to employing programs that consume excessive CPU time (outside of allotted CPU usage), network capacity, disk I/O (input/output) or storage space. You will be given a warning before suspension for misuse of resources occurs.

https://www.delimiter.com/terms-conditions/

why on earth did you think it was a good idea to repost something dhd said as fact without researching it

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

CainFortea posted:

Ketchup, ketchup/mayo mix, ranch, or a light salting are the only acceptable fry condiments.

It's called fancy sauce. Ok.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
They're claiming that their service was terminated because of the load of everyone being on mumble.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Stop talking about food. I'm on like 800 calories per day + coffee

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

"excuse me, you have to warn us before terminating our account for committing crimes with it" are you insane

evilweasel posted:

jesus christ ubi you're a moron for taking dhd at face value

you only get a warning if you're using too much of their resources, not if you're committing a crime:

https://www.delimiter.com/terms-conditions/

why on earth did you think it was a good idea to repost something dhd said as fact without researching it

Who is ubi and why are you bitter posting at them?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Also is it actually mayo people are putting on fries? I've definitely seen all sorts of aiolis served as dipping sauce for fries, but I've never seen plain mayonnaise

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People who put mayo on french fries are disgusting subhumans.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

One of my Corp friends said that I should only undock that which I am willing to lose.
that is entirely correct, you can be suicide ganked even in highsec

gwrtheyrn posted:

Also is it actually mayo people are putting on fries? I've definitely seen all sorts of aiolis served as dipping sauce for fries, but I've never seen plain mayonnaise

belgians

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

:barf:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

shut your face globby ill cut you

i reported this real life threat to CCP games, i hope your non playing rear end gets banned

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
also deadtear i'll gladly 1v1 you

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

i reported this real life threat to CCP games, i hope your non playing rear end gets banned

You could broadcast for reps, but I think ccp has their safety set green

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

(in game)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

also deadtear i'll gladly 1v1 you

you know as well as I do, neither one of us 1v1s

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

you know as well as I do, neither one of us 1v1s

that's why it'd be fun

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

Who is ubi and why are you bitter posting at them?

Flabergasted at your poor comprehension does not equal bitter.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

CainFortea posted:

Flabergasted at your poor comprehension does not equal bitter.

he made a joke cause his name is uba

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

mpaarating posted:

You've obviously not had boiled rib flavored chips. :canada:

Thank god thats not a thing

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Gross

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Oh ya, there loads of rib flavored ones, but the boiled ones don't exist.

Please don't exist

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mpaarating posted:

Oh ya, there loads of rib flavored ones, but the boiled ones don't exist.

Please don't exist

all it takes is a pot of water and some heat

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

evilweasel posted:

all it takes is a pot of water and some heat

:cripes:

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

VideoGames posted:

One of my Corp friends said that I should only undock that which I am willing to lose. And the only thing I am not willing to lose is Rock. Without him I would not have learnt all this and had so much fun, so he is partially retired. He is managing the ship hangar and making sure everyone inside feels good now!

:kimchi:

Put a good shield tank on Boulder and pay attention to what's going on and you will be too much trouble for 99% of the ganks out there. It's like being the only house on the block with a burglar alarm -- you don't have to be impenetrable, just a little harder than the other 10 guys.

Globby don't you go running a locator agent on his rear end to prove a point goddammit :mad:

gwrtheyrn posted:

Homemade mayo is amazing on almost everything. Most "aiolis" aren't really aioli but mayo with garlic or something else added for extra flavor :eng101:

Jar mayo is only good on sandwiches

They are basically not even the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
All of this talk of mayo on fries is giving me flashbacks to the very round girl in high school who constantly complained about her weight but every day would sit down with her equally round boyfriend at lunch and demolish 3+ slices of disgusting cafeteria pizza with fries smothered in mayo for a side. I was seated next to her in a class a couple of hours later and had to smell the SBD aftermath.

So no, mayo on fries is not acceptable

• Locked thread