Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, they're the Hockey team for the Garden you invade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It is canon that Squall Leonhart got into a fight with a bunch of hockey players during his epic adventure.
God bless this franchise.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

grrr

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I finally found the hockey rink the last time I played through FF8, after probably 4 or 5 runs that were aborted sometime after the Galbadia Garden assault. Surreal doesn't even begin explaining the feeling of finding a hostile hockey team in a game dungeon you thought you knew.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

I judged FFVIII too soon and should give it another shot.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Goddamit, Romancing Saga 2 n english isn't out yet. :(

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

This bear needs a Triple Triad card like yesterday

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Hamsterlady posted:

I judged FFVIII too soon and should give it another slapshot.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Downloading it onto my Vita as we speak.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

why hasn't ffxiv yet referenced this critically important part of the final fantasy canon

where's my ice rink dungeon yoship

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Apparently those weren't just Galbadian Garden students, they wee monsters. As in, Galbadia Garden has monsters playing for its sports team.

Dd these hockey player monsters fall from the moon like the rest? I suppose they got their equipment from the Garden but I wonder what they look like where Martine or someone said "yes...those monsters, I want THEM for my sports team."

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Where are the other hockey teams?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Apparently those weren't just Galbadian Garden students, they wee monsters. As in, Galbadia Garden has monsters playing for its sports team.

Dd these hockey player monsters fall from the moon like the rest? I suppose they got their equipment from the Garden but I wonder what they look like where Martine or someone said "yes...those monsters, I want THEM for my sports team."

I think they are Demi humans like the mumbas which is even darker since they're sentient beings made to play hockey then fight you to the death to defend the only life they've ever had.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Actually, change my question to "When is Amano going to draw Donald Trump?" I'm ready for a new avatar.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Barudak posted:

I think they are Demi humans like the mumbas which is even darker since they're sentient beings made to play hockey then fight you to the death to defend the only life they've ever had.

I know it said demihumans but this isn't Xenogears or Chrono Cross. I don't recall any animal people in FFVIII. There were humans, Shumi and...that's it as far as I can recall.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
FFVIII gets a ton of flack and it deserves all of it but I'm glad to see the hockey random encounter is getting the respect it so richly deserves. I've forgotten what most areas had in terms of random monsters by now, but the ice rink hockey team encounter that's in only one room? Yeah, that one's a keeper.

univbee posted:

On the off-chance anyone cares, recent trailers uploaded by the FFXV YT channel (subtitled versions of existing trailers) suggest that there may be two French and two Spanish translations of FFXV (NA and European for each). Not sure about Portuguese.

Consider that off-chance fulfilled. EU and LatAm Spanish getting different translations/audio tracks I have seen but the last time I can remember seeing a game translation for NA French is never. If I heard they went full on New Jack City/Slap Shot with it I just might have to give it a look.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mega64 posted:

Actually, change my question to "When is Amano going to draw Donald Trump?" I'm ready for a new avatar.

There isn't a Amano drew Prince icon to replace the Bowie one?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Crisis averted, I'll go with Ted Cruz instead.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mega64 posted:

I'm pretty sure that's too human looking for Ted Cruz.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Brother Entropy posted:

why hasn't ffxiv yet referenced this critically important part of the final fantasy canon

where's my ice rink dungeon yoship

I want a trial that takes place on a hockey rink and you fight an entire hockey team

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mega64 posted:

Where are the other hockey teams?
They ate them.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Trabia probably had the other hockey team

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Actually if anyone wants Ted Cruz instead, you can have him. He actually looks pretty boss in avatar form.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mega64 posted:

Man new art style for Squidbillies is looking solid.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
People who think FFVIII is bad are wrong and can safely be ignored, it is in fact, the Best (Worst) Final Fantasy and is only approximately 47% ABV*

*Anime By Volume

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mega64 posted:

So Niccolo and a succubus?

kid dragon and sky dragon

fruitpunch posted:

People who think FFVIII is bad are wrong and can safely be ignored, it is in fact, the Best (Worst) Final Fantasy and is only approximately 47% ABV*

unfortunately, the abv is consolidated into squall and rinoa, and they make up 90% of the game

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Help, I'm addicted to making Amano avatars.

e: One Two Three more for the road (seriously I'm done now):

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 5, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So this is late by a couple of weeks now, in fact, if you want to read the article yourself a goon posted it i the Final Fantasy XV thread, apparently he's a friend of the guy who wrote it. Still, I wasn't going to read a PDF with tiny rear end font, even if I could zoom in because it would destroy the quality. I had clean forgotten about it until recently when the gameinformer issue showed up in my mail. I didn't even know I still had a subscription, I don't even know WHY I have a subscription, because I never read "gaming journalism". But I remembered the article posted in the thread and figured why not. The other thread isn't very long, you can find the article very easy if you just looked.

It's actually pretty insightful, answering a lot of the questions and doubts I had about the game, so I wanted to post my thoughts on it. Exact quotes from the article will be in quotation marks, as is, while paraphrased stuff will be in brackets. Picture provided solely for evidence, as if anyone cares.

So first off, we all know that this game is purportedly "a fantasy based on reality." What I hadn't fully realized is how deeply ingrained into the whole design process this philosophy was, however. Take the cover page image, for example. We see Regis and Noctis sitting on a couch, both in formal suits. Regis is ooking like he's trying to drill into his son's head that condoms are an important part of picking up bar whores, because in a magical setting based on real life you don't know what crazy magic STDs a woman may carry. Something that was not immediately apparent to me, I guess because the image is dark, is that Regis is wearing a cloak with big fantasy shoulder guards on it over the suit, and he's got a weird leg brace/armor thing going on with his right leg. The portrait above them, slightly obscured, is a younger Regis (full black hair) looking down on a child Noctis, looking like he regrets spawning this future boy band leader, dressed in full formal businessman attire, with no fantasy elements.

The image serves to aid and emphasize what appears to be a theme throughout the game of Noctis' relationship with his father. In both images Regis is a stern figure, likely due to the burden of being the monarch of his country, his acknowledgement that one day his son will grow up to succeed him and face the same challenges, and (this one is more of a guess than the others, since Noctis' mother and Regis' wife has, to my knowledge, not been seen in ANY previews) the empty space formerly occupied by his wife, who is confirmed in the article to be dead. Noctis himself is a teenager, in a turbulent period where he must begin to think about his future and owning up to the responsibilities he carries not only as a prince but as a man. We've seen so far in previews that Noctis puts forth the image of a lazy, almost carefree boy that, though he is and can be serious and thoughtful, seems to be broody just cause. Part of the game, if I recall correctly from an earlier interview, is about drawing Noctis out of his shell and exposing him to the world. In the above picture baby Noctis is shown smiling up at his father, while in the present both males are almost glaring at each other. I assume that their relationship at the start of the game is a conflicting one, as Regis is trying to impress upon his son the weight he may soon carry as a leader and ruler and Noctis desires to continue his current attitude and actions through life.

Enough speculating based on an image that is probably primarily just meant to draw a potential reader's eye, I'll dive into the article proper. It starts off by stating that Final Fantasy was [once the biggest name in RPGs in America, setting the standard for others to try to surpass]. In recent years, this popularity has waned. This is the Final Fantasy thread, and I am going to take it for granted that people here more or less agree with both of these points. Tabata and Yoshi-P of Final Fantasy XIV have both been documented in the past as being almost shockingly frank as to the state of the company as well as the brand Final Fantasy. Here he is again, saying that, after assessing Final Fantasy's position in the Japanese market, his conclusion was that "[The reality] is more grave and serious than we had initially thought...The way we understood Final Fantasy after our analysis is that it was a dying IP that had already peaked."

To liven this dying series Tabata coordinated with his division in charge of making the game a reality and "identified three core qualities they believe define the Final Fantasy titles fans remember fondly [...] First is a willingness to challenge the status quo. Second is providing an exceptional, out-of-the-ordinary experience. Third is implementing cutting-edge technology to use the hardware to its fullest." Tabata then goes on to say that "I think Final Fantasy 7 was the last one where all three of these key points were met," and he hopes that FFXV will be the next game that satisfies these criteria. Prior to 2012, when Versus ended and Final Fantasy XV began, development of games of "this scale" were compartmentalized into various groups, but with this title the team created a "structure that brought in different departments and disciplines (CG studio, technology, game design/development) and had them work as one team."

I won't pretend to know much about what goes into a game, but it seems very odd and contrary to me that those separate studios were separate to begin with. Sunning and others have touched upon this before, the problem of creating art assets and CGI cutscenes before the rest of the game is really finalized, so I won't go in depth into it myself. It's dumb, moving on. The next bit talks about some of the changes FFXV has done since Versus, all the examples given are things we know, or I assume we know, such as Stella -> Luna, completely separating from the Nova Crystal Gay bullshit, etc.

The following further ties into the theme of "a fantasy based on reality" as well as a new theme (that I am just guessing on, and it may not be very prevalent in the story) of nature vs. un-nature. This section talks about the monster design, and I find it one of the most fascinating segments in the article. Art director Tomohiro Hasegawa is quoted saying, "The first monster we designed for XV was the Behemoth" [...] "What Tabata-san said was that our goal was National Geographic. Think of a Behemoth that we could have a documentary program about." The work that goes into this is very interesting, as the team was forced to ponder how such a creature, if it existed in the real world, would evolve, go about its day, and how the design itself, such as the musculature, might work. From more comments, it appears that all of the natural creatures in the game are designed using this methodology. Not just the aesthetics, but enemy attacks are also affected by the thought process. Rather that having clearly telegraphed moves, like, you know, a video game, the team assessed what a predator in a real life setting would do. Some members complained about this to Tabata, saying that [it didn't feel like a video game] but Tabata said "Disregard that. Create a living creature."

This design philosophy is very interesting to me, but I wonder how it will feel and play in the final game. I found myself, reading the article, siding with some of the doubtful employees about enemy attack patterns. I've never been a big proponent of realism in muh vidya gaems, and the only time I will really complain about it is if the game is supposed to have a realistic way of doing things and breaks that rule. I'm not sure how I feel about all the natural fauna in the game behaving like wild, unpredictable animals, rather than having a set number of attacks/semi-recognizable pattern to take advantage of. A good example of what I mean is Final Fantasy Tactics, where each enemy had an AI that would react a certain way in certain conditions. I feel that for a Final Fantasy game, maybe that's the best approach, even if it can lead to dumb exploits.

There is another enemy type in the game though, representing the unnatural, supernatural side of the world. The article calls them "demonic beasts," "demon types," etc. point is, they aren't natural animals. For this category, of which some examples were the Iron Giant, a modern version of Arachne found in FFIV, and the Naga, the team rely upon throwbacks to their previous installments in the other Final Fantasy games. Cactuars and Tonberries, among others, will also be appearing in the game, and the mention of the Tonberry actually got me excited for a bit. It's not that tough an enemy in any of the games you fight it in, but I like the idea of a waddling green Grim Reaper avenging monsters slain. The idea of there being two sides to the world, a natural and unnatural side, comes up later, which is why I'm putting it forth as a possible theme of the game.

The segment after that talks a bit about the overarching story before transitioning to a closer look at the first chapter of the game. This is the bit that really interests me, because as some of you might remember I've complained in the past how we know next to nothing about the game's plot. The small plot overview talks mostly about stuff we already know, the kingdom of Lucis has a crystal, the war with Niflheim, the marriage, the invasion, yadda yadda. What interests me is the more supernatural element of the story. "Even more frightening than [Evil Empire] is the fact that the world itself is changing; the nights are getting longer, and unless something can be done, perpetual darkness will overcome the land." For some strange reason, unfounded by the literal details in the article, this reminds me of the happenings in Final Fantasy V around the Four Crystals prior to Exdeath breaking free, incidents toward the goal of breaking the crystals and releasing Exdeath. I don't know if something similar is going on in XV, it was just a stray thought.

While the overall plot is serious, the levity comes from the roadtrip aspect of the story, and the bonds and themes of camaraderie shown between Noctis and pals. We already knew that. The article talks about the car itself, the Regalia, and how it is a symbol of the father, again, something we knew. One amusing thing to me is that when designing the car, the art team had "one big objective: Design a convertible that was valued at 500,000 dollars." Yep, flying cars only go for 500 grand dontcha know. There will be a chapter 0 at the very start of the game, I believe we already knew this, reminiscent of the beginning of Final Fantasy II in an unwinnable boss battle. While Tabata didn't say anything more about it, I believe this event occurs either in the mid or possibly even late game, with the rest of the game up until that point being a flashback. This is just my conjecture, it could very well not be the case.

Before I get into the meat of the article talking about the first chapter I want to address a small side bit concerning the villain(s) of XV. Final Fantasy has had a nice tradition of the final boss being basically not like anything else in the game. FF4's Zeromus and FF9's Necron immediately spring to mind. I don't mind it personally, I actually kind of think it's a neat way to make the games more unique. Anyway, apparently this game will have one clear villain in the game, there will not be "an ensemble cast of villains." Tabata goes on to voice what he believes to be necessary qualities for a good antagonist: "I think a good villain is a character that you could potentially create a project or game around as the main character - one with a clear background and drama." So I don't think we will be getting any last minute world ending monstrosity at the end here, the wording suggests there is a puppetmaster behind both the 'natural' threat of the Evil Empire and the 'unnatural' threat of the coming endless night. I still can't shake the feeling that it's going to turn out to be Ignis, but I really hope not, so far he's my favorite character.

In designing the open world environment of the game, [story came first, with the environment being built around it]. In other words, there is as much freedom in the game as befits the quests you undertake. So it's not exactly free roaming open world. I actually kind of like that approach, it prevents me from doing what I did for a lot of Gran Theft Auto games and just loving off down the road for hours on end ignoring the game's main storyline. This design method has also been talked about before I believe, maybe in one of the Active Time Reports. They're trying to not make FFXIII's mistake of everything being a corridor, while at the same time trying to make it seem like it's not a response to that criticism. I worded that poorly, basically, the game's system is not deliberately going in the opposite direction of FFXIII's linearity, that's just how the game was designed.

First chapter you meet Cid and his granddaughter Cindy, we knew that already, Cid is an old companion to Regis and notices a resemblance in Noctis, the instrumental Heart of Gold plays in the mechanic stop area. There is a bunch of quests, yadda yadda. The author of the article makes it seem like the first chapter is actually kind of lengthy. He didn't give specifics, but he spent a number of hours there. I don't know if he was just trying to get a glimpse of everything he could, or if that's reflective of a playthrough just focused on the main story. Once again the theme and idea of "a fantasy based on reality" rears its head, with the presence of roadways, powerlines, skyscrapers, with Cid's area made to resemble a rural rest area, for example, for truckers. The art director says that [previous Final Fantasies had a stand out fantasy design, but this game will overall be more mundane and realistic, though there will definitely be those kinds of fantasy elements in the game].

I'm not sure how I feel about that. Final Fantasy is, well, FANTASY. Obviously I'll play the game when its released and judge firsthand if I like the implementation or not, but I'm not so keen on the pervasive theme of modernity. I guess I have to hope that the fantasy elements in this FANTASY video game are enough to satisfy me. The player will have multiple dialogue options for certain things, but rather than forcing you down one correct way, one bad way, one neutral way, like Mass Effect, the choices change what bonuses you receive from them. For example, it appears that straight up helping people for no monetary value or item won't give you many bonuses, whereas siding with your teammates thoughts on how to handle a situation or demanding payment for your good deed nets you different bonuses depending on what it is. This is to encourage the player to not feel like there is a correct option, and instead do things as they might do them in real life.

It talks a bit about the battle system. It's following on from Episode Duscae as a more advanced version of that implementing the other game mechanics, like magic, that weren't available in Duscae. Apparently the controls have been improved overall and weapons have been made more accessible. For example, you can quickly swap between weapons with the d-pad, pre-assigning said weapons in the main menu for four damage options at your disposal with the flick of a button. There are tabs for mundane as well as more magical weapons and spells, as well as an option for MACHINES. AWW YEAH, WE EDGAR. There were no machines available for use in the version the author played though. Yadda yadda yadda, magic functions as a kind of grenade, and certain advanced levels of magic have friendly fire on them, so watch out how you use them.

It talks about the spin off elements of Final Fantasy XV, the movie, the anime, the app. The director of the movie, Takeshi Nozue, who also directed Advent Children, says "Advent Children wasn't really a movie. It was more of a video feature, in essence. Movies have a proper story, and that story needs to be expressed to the audience. That's probably the biggest difference between Advent Children and this project." Advent Children BTFO. This segment of the article doesn't discuss anything we don't know about, although Luna's role in the movie will be more prominent than it is in the beginning of FFXV. She is a major, extremely important character in everything, but it's more immediate in the movie than in the game. From the way it sounds, Luna for a little while in the game will be Princess Peach, always in another castle until some point, probably midway through the game, where she finally comes to the fore. I'm pretty certain that Regis is going to die. Nothing in the article alludes to it, but it just feels like it's going to happen. Dunno whether it'll be in the movie or not.

Brotherhood, the anime, and the app are talked about, as well as the Platinum Demo. As everyone else has stated, the Platinum Demo is really basically a tech demo, moving on. The music on the radio in the car is an assortment of different songs from the Final Fantasy series, one of the ones some of you will be happy about is the Sunleth Water-whatever the gently caress theme. Each character has special talents, Ignis can cook, Noctis can fish, Prompto can shoot photos, Gladiolus has SURVIVAL INSTINCTS. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN, I DON'T KNOW BUT IT SOUNDS RAD. The party AI has apparently been improved from Duscae, you can also do combo attacks with them ala Chrono Trigger sort of. X-Strike is specifically mentioned with Ignis.

Another integral part of the game, and tying into the plot, are the Summons. In this game they have two names, Archaens or Astrals. Nearly every summon in the game will have a boss battle to first acquire it and the actual Summoning, which has different requirements based on the summon, and the summon itself reacts in certain ways to certain situations. Apparently the boss battltes with these summons are going to be huge spectacles. I'm sure everyone remembers the Leviathan preview. Yeah, THAT'S STILL IN, and from the sound of it, it's Noctis versus Niflheim, Niflheim vs. Leviathan, and Leviathan against loving EVERYONE in a three way battle royale.

A lot of both the art direction and how the game world functions was actually made taking these boss battles into consideration. CG graphics director Akira Iwata is quoted saying "In the old days, the monster team would develop of the design, then hand it off to the technology team to see what we could do. But XV isn't like that; the technology and the art are more merged." For example, apparently much of how the water effects in the game look and react were made specifically so the Leviathan fight works right. The procedural skybox was made so Ramuh's attacks look sufficiently spectacular. There is an example the article gives regarding Titan and how he will react to certain circumstances. The stock Summon is the one we've seen in trailers, but apparently he has other moves depending on the environment you're in where he might throw a boulder instead, or just "give up and go home!" Different Summons can do different things in different places and situations based on their personalities. I actually really like the sounds of this system of Summoning, they won't all be when Noctis has reached 0 HP.

There are four broad types of quests in the game. Leisure activities, like chocobo racing and fishing, main story quests, monster hunt quests like in FF12, and something called "regional quests" that may be like the FATES in FFXIV. Right now there are over 200 quests and more are being made daily. Again the theme of natural/unnatural pops up in terms of the magic system of the game. There are two types of magic: elemental, natural magic that work within "physics", like a fireball or blizzard or lightning bolt, and supernatural magic, that originates from a magic ring Noctis possesses. His Armiger Mode, the phantom swords, Warpstrike, are all examples of this supernatural magic. The article doesn't say it, but Ultima will almost certainly be in this game and be the ultimate spell of the latter type.

Finally the article wraps up detailing a general gist of how the story will unfold. Noctis can neither A) Fight the Evil Empire or B) stop the endless night by himself. In order to accomplish these two objectives, Noctis and pal's roadtrip goes global, with the goal being to meet all the Astrals that apparently are intrinsically tied with the planet, and gain their power and assistance in saving the world. It's kind of similar to FF6's story point where Terra has to go ask the Espers for help, only instead of being a segment of the game it's the whole game. You won't always drive the car, you'll be taking buses, planes, trains, etc. in your global roadtrip. The train I see in the article heavily resembles, in my mind, a modern take on the Phantom Train of FF6. It's a bullet train, but it's all rusty and deserted. I hope it's the Phantom Train of this game.

The article ends with a short paragraph about how the FFXV team seems confident they did and can do a good job with the game. So here's my impressions of the game from what I've read:

1) THIS GAME LOOKS HUGE AS gently caress. Like, easily as big as an MMO. The scale and scope of what the team is planning sounds too awesome (in the traditional sense) to believe. Reading it, it sounds too much for the platforms to handle, which begs the question: Why not PC? I expect this game will ship on multiple discs, if fact, this might be the first PS4 game to be on multiple discs. Even then, you, and certainly I will, should take it as a certainty that the game is going to chug and fps is going to drop. It's too big to not. There will almost 100% be fps problems if the vision of the game is kept. A PC release, or hell, PC exclusive, could go a long way to addressing issues of a lack of processing and graphical power.

2) The game seems to draw a lot of inspiration from previous installments. FF2, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF10, and FF12, at least, are included in some way in this game. Unlike in FFXIV, where a lot of the homages are almost direct counterparts, I think FFXV's goal is to modernize much of what it has taken from.

3) There are several themes in this game to explore, which I will break down into two broad categories: 'Bonds' and 'Natural vs. Unnatural'. The 'Bonds' theme is the platonic bond between Noctis and his friends, the parental relationship between Noctis and his father, the childhood crush/romantic/political relationship between Luna and Noctis, the ruler relationship between Noctis and his country and people, the relationship Noctis has with the throne and crown themselves and how that ties him to the land, and the relationship between the Astrals and the world. The other theme, which could also be expressed as "a fantasy based on reality" is the nature of the natural world and the unnatural world. Magic is a mundane fact of life in the setting, but it is also a potent and mysterious force. Many things in the game are designed to be every day, normal elements of life, but there are supernatural entities and things that deliberately go against the order of the world.

4) If anything else than to see how the final product will turn out, I consider this game a must buy. I want to see how all this comes together.

Guy who first linked the article, thank you for doing so, and thank your friend too. He did a fantastic job with the writing. I remain cautiously optimistic of this game's future and look forward to the release. Everyone, if you are at all interested, please look for it in the Final Fantasy XV thread and read it for yourself. A lot of this is summary with my opinion mingled in, if you want a more unbiased view go read it for yourself.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
gologle please take some notes from meowbot

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

NikkolasKing posted:

The closest Square Enix has gotten to Space Jam.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Gologle, I'm not sure how to break this to you, but you wrote an over-4000-word book report-cum-summary of a GameInformer article on FFXV.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's better than what he usually posts

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Gologle is simply explaining the essence of Final Fantasy.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That was certainly a block of several thousand words I'm not going to read.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Ff15 will be bad because it will be too anime

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

corn in the fridge posted:

Ff15 will be bad because it will be too anime

Impossible

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
FF15 will be so anime that it overflows back into negative anime, which is bad.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I love that VIII had a ton of weird little things in it like this. I should go back and check it out again. Maybe not break it over my knee this time.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I applaud your tenacity in writing those words, but I'm not going to read them, sorry. Also as good as Enc-None is it sometimes robs people out of seeing little gems like that encounter and that's unfortunate, but that's the price of progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
And just in case anyone was wondering, yes, they actually have multiple different formations and they skate around the ice to form them.