Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
No vomitting, but you can make them piss all overstuff together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
So if you domino a guy who is pissing to someone who's not will they piss their pants and run away ashamedly for a while, leaving their post..?

What if you drown your Doppelganger, will the others have a strange incident with water filling their lungs?

SO MANY CREATIVE POSSIBILITIES :neckbeard:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 5, 2016

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Lunethex posted:

So if you domino a guy who is pissing to someone who's not will they piss their pants and run away ashamedly for a while, leaving their post..?

What if you drown your Doppelganger, will the others have a strange incident with water filling their lungs?

Orv's Science Corner is going to have a lot of fun with Dishonored 2, it seems.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Hank Morgan posted:

Emily will have a new power that allows multiple guards to share the same fate. She can also summon a doppelganger of herself and include that in the shared fate with the guards. She can then kill her own doppelganger in order to kill the guards. :psyduck:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/05/04/new-details-on-dishonored-2s-gameplay.aspx

Daaamn that sounds like it will have SO many applications.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Krust-killing applications, even.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
So if you Domino a guard into a Doppleganger, then allow the guard to discover and kill the Doppleganger... does the guard's death break Clean Hands?

I'm reluctant to talk about any of the previews of the sequel before we finish the game in this thread because they spoil some things about the endings. I don't think the identity of Emily's father has come up yet

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

IMJack posted:

So if you Domino a guard into a Doppleganger, then allow the guard to discover and kill the Doppleganger... does the guard's death break Clean Hands?

I'm reluctant to talk about any of the previews of the sequel before we finish the game in this thread because they spoil some things about the endings. I don't think the identity of Emily's father has come up yet

The game hasn't outright said it, but everybody who knows who the father is have hinted at it heavily and often.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Think Coolguye outright said it in one point.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Lunethex posted:

Or you can choke your doppelganger and knockout multiple people at one.

That might make Low Chaos (is there going to be a chaos system again?) runs really fun/easy

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Lunethex posted:

I think you mean "offer your doppelganger a thimbleful of water."

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

They mentioned being able to push someone and pushing someone also affecting the fate-linked person...which is interesting. Looks like we can do Hitman-style "shove 'em off a cliff" assassinations then?

More non-lethal powers too. Which I enjoy for the alternate runs.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SgtSteel91 posted:

Or you can choke your doppelganger and knockout multiple people at one.

That might make Low Chaos (is there going to be a chaos system again?) runs really fun/easy

Think a retooled one has been said to be in the works. Hopefully it has more time and money dedicated to it if so.

Delacroix posted:

If you can't use that to possess multiple guards and/or cause them to vomit in sync, it will be a sad state of affairs. :colbert:

Possession isn't exclusive to Corvo, I hope!

Possession, windblast, and rat swarm are exclusive to him, unless something changes.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Fate-linking is a really weird term for FAEs.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

InfinityComplex posted:

Think Coolguye outright said it in one point.

Yeah I did, mostly because the game basically says it and I didn't want to be cute about the matter.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Coolguye posted:

Yeah I did, mostly because the game basically says it and I didn't want to be cute about the matter.

If you had any doubts even a little, Coolguy missed it but there's another picture on Corvo's "desk."

Emily knows what's up.

As for the Dawn of War 3 trailer, the only thing I could think of at the end of the trailer? More corpses.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

gently caress, I vaguely remembered that picture from my first playthrough but couldn't remember where I'd seen it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Corvo's face is so realistic, god drat.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

High Chaos update

Light at the End: Youtube Polsy

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

http://i.imgur.com/tCxyh6j.gifv
I didn't notice until making this how much his arm swung as he turned around. :stare:
E: Imgur's video to gif is lying to me about how much of the video it'll take, maybe someone else can do better. It's meant to be him standing up but it keeps getting cut off.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 9, 2016

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

It's like Martin was going: "Huh, it's time for my death scene *now*? Uh, gently caress hang on, Corvo...and we're good!" during that sequence.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Well so much for going to bed....

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

AlphaKretin posted:

I didn't notice until making this how much his arm swung as he turned around. :stare:
E: Imgur's video to gif is lying to me about how much of the video it'll take, maybe someone else can do better. It's meant to be him standing up but it keeps getting cut off.
If we're giffing things, let's just skip straight to the most suitable moment of all.
http://i.imgur.com/agvzaWC.gifv

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Can you gently caress with Martin's suicide scene in any way?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Can you tag Pendleton with a bolt when Martin shoots at him?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

As much as I like mocking Quantic Dream (and rightfully so), I'm super conflicted since their next game, Detroit: Become Human, stars my sister.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

CirclMastr posted:

As much as I like mocking Quantic Dream (and rightfully so), I'm super conflicted since their next game, Detroit: Become Human, stars my sister.

So what I'm hearing is that the LP will launch a week after release, that about right?

Or if it's too weird for you to do it I can probably rearrange our schedule to do it - seriously, dude, that rules!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
A+ death scene for Havelock. Nice of them to record "being eaten by rats" barks for the Loyalists even though most players maybe wouldn't think to summon rats to eat them.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Can you tag Pendleton with a bolt when Martin shoots at him?

Yes. Martin has a line for that, believing he's the one who hit him.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cage is nothing if not laudable for not giving up on making overly melodramatic games in the face of reviews and general sales figures.

CirclMastr posted:

Here's hoping this one ends up being the stand-out title from the rest.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Coolguye posted:

So what I'm hearing is that the LP will launch a week after release, that about right?

Or if it's too weird for you to do it I can probably rearrange our schedule to do it - seriously, dude, that rules!

I'd gladly LP it except I don't have a PS4 or capture card.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

CirclMastr posted:

Has she said anything about it in a way that chickens have come up in the conversations you may or may not have had about the game? This is important to me.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Can you gently caress with Martin's suicide scene in any way?

If you attack him in a way that isn't instantly lethal, he'll try to fight you. But that's really about it.

IMJack posted:

A+ death scene for Havelock. Nice of them to record "being eaten by rats" barks for the Loyalists even though most players maybe wouldn't think to summon rats to eat them.

There are SO MANY things you can do to Havelock, it's great. I've even seen someone make it so Havelock shoots himself off of the platform with his own bullet. It's one of those moments where they must have really sat down and tried to come up with every outcome possible that a player could think of doing, so that the player could do it and get a result.

AlphaKretin posted:

Martin is a magical creature whose time in this world was far too short.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
All of that was great, but I'd like to include an honorable mention for the guard who was winning the swordfight and jumped backwards in a dodge only to instantly eat an explosive bullet mid-air. Cherry on the cake to a fight full of ridiculous maneuvers, absurd face-tanking, and friendly fire.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yesssss, the friction defying slippery Corvo Attano, terror of ankles. :syoon:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
He's slipping on a dock of the bay, watching the calves roll away.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Has she said anything about it in a way that chickens have come up in the conversations you may or may not have had about the game? This is important to me.

No, but I'm seeing her later this week (she's getting married Friday) so I will ask her.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
That comment about how if the chicken attack happened in Dishonored you'd start feeling like a slasher movie villain got me thinking. Corvo's powerset has a hell of a lot in common with slasher villains. It's only the AI's lack of a significant fear response that keeps the slasher feeling from being more prevalent. The AI, when you think about it, is rather simplistic with a few mildly clever if-thens. If another guard has died to a Wall of Light/Arc Pylon, find another route to Corvo. If no route found, throw rocks at the wall until the oil tank drains. Et cetera. Only civilian AI has a "run and cower" response, and they path to a single spot and cower there, unmoving.

It's slightly disappointing, because some of the missions and trials would have benefited from a more active flee routine.

Also, I enjoyed Indigo Prophecy right up until the dog-eaten part. And even then I was still sort of on board until the old lady was the Internet.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

CirclMastr posted:

CirclMastr Sister: Famous actress

CirclMastr: Makes LP for weirdos on the internet

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Dareon posted:

That comment about how if the chicken attack happened in Dishonored you'd start feeling like a slasher movie villain got me thinking. Corvo's powerset has a hell of a lot in common with slasher villains. It's only the AI's lack of a significant fear response that keeps the slasher feeling from being more prevalent. The AI, when you think about it, is rather simplistic with a few mildly clever if-thens. If another guard has died to a Wall of Light/Arc Pylon, find another route to Corvo. If no route found, throw rocks at the wall until the oil tank drains. Et cetera. Only civilian AI has a "run and cower" response, and they path to a single spot and cower there, unmoving.
Orv and I have commented a couple of times how a couple parts of the game remind us of the house party from Oblivion, where the Dark Brotherhood literally sends you in as the killer in a horror movie. It's brilliant.

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme
This has been a joy of an LP to follow, and I'm really sad I've not yet managed to play the game myself. One little thing that actually jumped out at me about it is how they didn't fall into the tired cliche of "fantasy world means British accents." Small touch, but surprisingly effective at setting the world apart from so many others. Seems sort of in keeping with how well the atmosphere came through as unique. I'm looking forward to seeing what Low Chaos brings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

N00ba the Hutt posted:

This has been a joy of an LP to follow, and I'm really sad I've not yet managed to play the game myself. One little thing that actually jumped out at me about it is how they didn't fall into the tired cliche of "fantasy world means British accents." Small touch, but surprisingly effective at setting the world apart from so many others. Seems sort of in keeping with how well the atmosphere came through as unique. I'm looking forward to seeing what Low Chaos brings.

Yeah, you'd think there'd be more British accents since Dunwall sure looks like Cesspit London but they didn't go for that. Just as they didn't give Sokolov a Russian accent or anything.

• Locked thread