Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

I assume you're talking about tits because otherwise those are terribly ugly backgrounds and very plain character models.

I'm actually talking about the character models and backgrounds. The character models are distinctive to each other and the backgrounds are pretty pleasing to look at.

Sure, the textures are pretty simple but they're still look pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I've seen uglier vita games

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've seen better looking vita games

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean gently caress Estival Versus actually looks pretty good, those backgrounds look generic/really washed out and these character designs are about as uninspired as they can be.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What is the prettiest Vita game anyways

e: (I should clarify I mean best looking graphically NOT the one with the prettiest anime babes)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gravity Rush or Uncharted

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Help Im Alive posted:

What is the prettiest Vita game anyways

e: (I should clarify I mean best looking graphically NOT the one with the prettiest anime babes)

Dungeon Travelers 2

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Baal posted:

I mean gently caress Estival Versus actually looks pretty good, those backgrounds look generic/really washed out and these character designs are about as uninspired as they can be.

Senran Kagura at least has the ninja aesthetic. Valkyrie Drive has that same art style every harem anime/light novel has, where it's all generic schoolgirls except for the random holograms and candy colored swords floating around.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Puyo Puyo tetris

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Baal posted:

Actually, I've found a lot of more variety on Bhikkhuni's backgrounds compared to EV's (and EV in the vita somehow looks worse than Versus did) while the "washed out" look flows perfectly with the gameplay and general aestetic. The levels are also designed in such way that most areas are connected (and in the latter stages you do explore them in full) helping to better flesh out the game's world. The screenshots certinaly don't capture everything I liked from the game.

Dunno about the character designs, I like them a lot. Specially for how expressive they can be.

Manpakumaru is so cute :allears:

mycot posted:

Senran Kagura at least has the ninja aesthetic. Valkyrie Drive has that same art style every harem anime/light novel has, where it's all generic schoolgirls except for the random holograms and candy colored swords floating around.

I'm pretty sure Viola doesn't fit the "generic schoolgirl aesthetic"

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 4, 2016

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Am I able to get the HK version of gundam breaker 3 off the store? I have a long flight tomorrow and wouldn't mind messing with my settings to import that.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Come on Vita thread, you know better than to argue with the guy who can't get his life out of hometown

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Trip report on Estival Versus

The ending with Homura where she does a dance for Hikage was funny

I did someone else's too but I don't remember.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Tbh, this is a fairly simple case of "nice looking" being amazingly subjective and different for every person here.

What Bhikkhuni does well is look like an anime, which people who think "very realistic" when they read "nice looking", simply won't care about.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

There are too many senran kagura games

I own one of the vita brawlers but it's the one that's been out for years so it's probably completely obsoleted by that new game

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Szurumbur posted:

I try to check the deals fairly regularly, but must've missed it - and it's on my wishlist, too, I thought the idea is that one gets an e-mail in case of those items being discounted. Oh well, there's always next time.

You might want to wait for the PC version

quote:

Megadimension Neptunia VII is coming to PC via Steam this summer, Idea Factory International announced.

The game, initially launched for PlayStation 4 in February, includes all the features of the original release, including new characters, three worlds to save and three stories to play, a new transformation mode, an updated battle system, and a new dungeon mini-game. The PC version also adds options to run the game at 60 frames per second, to use the original Japanese voice-overs, and will feature bundles of the original downloadable content to purchase.

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/megadimension-neptunia-vii-coming-pc-via-steam-summer#hdSUQrOqOxPiPxRx.99

Mithaldu posted:

Tbh, this is a fairly simple case of "nice looking" being amazingly subjective and different for every person here.

What Bhikkhuni does well is look like an anime, which people who think "very realistic" when they read "nice looking", simply won't care about.

That is a good way to put it. I just like how while Mermaid used a very medieval fantasy setting (huge rear end castle, country towns), Bhikkhuni uses a mix between classic japanese aesthetic and sci-fi. Creating a nice contrast with Mermaid and actually being a plot point.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 4, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

voltcatfish posted:

There are too many senran kagura games

I own one of the vita brawlers but it's the one that's been out for years so it's probably completely obsoleted by that new game

Idk I might buy the first vita game if it ever goes on sale so I can see where new Hebijo comes from, but otherwise it seems like EV's a p decent game and is better if not for sheer character number

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

I don't think there are many people who conflate realistic with nice looking in the Vita thread.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mithaldu posted:

Eh, not even then. Like Gravity Rush was an early Vita title and it has great artwork and area design. Its got budget issues regulated to being a launch title but it looks infinitely better despite that. Not to mention that the environments are large open areas where you can point at a place and go to it instead of bland empty arenas.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

CrashCat posted:

Come on Vita thread, you know better than to argue with the guy who can't get his life out of hometown

Also I'm almost done platinuming Sword City, it's pretty good. There's a lot of bullshit but I'm going to do the new game plus to get better gear. Lots of grinding but it can be fast forwarded through. New Game Plus is the key to REALLY breaking your characters since it gives you fresh rerolls if you're playing and thinking about holding onto them.

If you like some challenge in your DRPG it's a good pick. If you hate the idea of having to reload or leave to save often, wait for a sale, give it a pass or go the wimpy route of giving your characters more than one life.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 4, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

That's pretty much my point. Gravity Rush looks great, and objectively better, but it also looks very different and Bhikkhuni offers design elements that can appeal to people who prefer them over what Gravity Rush offers. Also see Dark_Tzitzimine's edit a few posts up.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

Bhikkhuni offers design elements that can appeal to people who prefer them over what Gravity Rush offers.

Like big tits

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can get better big tits in other stuff

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

CrashCat posted:

I must admit I'm a hometown man.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

shinovi versus, that's what I have

I really don't like how the story is split and it also forces you to use certain characters, apparently the new game abolishes this which sounds great.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah, all the SK games force you to use certain characters the first time, them once you've beaten a stage you can use anyone.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Baal posted:

Idk I might buy the first vita game if it ever goes on sale so I can see where new Hebijo comes from, but otherwise it seems like EV's a p decent game and is better if not for sheer character number
EV only has 5 new characters if you don't count DLC. Otherwise it's the same cast. If you want to know about the New Hebijo and Gessen, then SV is definitely your ticket. You should be able to find a used copy for pretty cheap.

Note: Holy gently caress, a new copy of Shinovi Versus goes for $120-$200 on Amazon.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 4, 2016

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Takoluka posted:

I'll post about it next time.

Where's the thread

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

Eh, not even then. Like Gravity Rush was an early Vita title and it has great artwork and area design. Its got budget issues regulated to being a launch title but it looks infinitely better despite that. Not to mention that the environments are large open areas where you can point at a place and go to it instead of bland empty arenas.

I don't think that's a proper comparison. Gravity Rush has a very different art direction compared to Bhikkhuni (GR is closer to an animated comic book, Bhikkhuni is is full anime), are different genres (plataform vs action game), it's gameplay is intrinsically tied to its level design and was developed in-house by Sony to showcase all of the Vita's features. While Bhikkhuni was developed by a third party by a relatively novice developer and a considerable difference on budget.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 4, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Stelas posted:

Where's the thread

Dropped the ball on that one. Expect it soon.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

For Stranger of Sword City, is there a class/build that makes the most sense for the main character? After Demon Gaze I wasn't expecting to pick a class for the MC, and I'm not sure what would be a good build to have in my party for the whole game.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I don't think that's a proper comparison. Gravity Rush has a very different art direction compared to Bhikkhuni (GR is closer to an animated comic book, Bhikkhuni is is full anime), are different genres (plataform vs action game), it's gameplay is intrinsically tied to its level design and was developed in-house by Sony to showcase all of the Vita's features. While Bhikkhuni was developed by a third party by a relatively novice developer and a considerable difference on budget.

Why should any of those factors mean you can't compare the visuals? Especially the art direction being different lol like, yeah obviously

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I think he's saying it's only natural for Gravity Rush to be superior because it's not anime

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Really Pants posted:

I think he's saying it's only natural for Gravity Rush to be superior because it's not anime

It's on the vita. It's anime.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Really Pants posted:

It's pretty drat anime. It's also pretty great, though.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Really Pants posted:

oh we're here again

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I mean, I'll buy the argument there may be some things they do well with the gay valkyries game, but fella you keep posting really bad pics of it in that case

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Really Pants posted:

What have you done

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Vita means anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

all is anime, cradle to grave