Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Gonkish posted:

I'm hoping beyond hope that they include a lever-action rifle in Far Harbor.

This would be nice.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I just want a goddamn pump-action shotgun :argh:

As would this. Shame Bethesda didn't have a rope kid analogue.

Babe Magnet posted:

Far Harbour looks like basically Stephen King: The Expansion Pack so expect poo poo like reanimated animals, intelligent monster dogs, spooky clowns, sentient suits of power armor that want to murder your dick, etc.

Looks more like Point Lookout 2: Synthetic Boogaloo to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Sub Rosa posted:

I'm able to click the mods button, I just get a login error.

Edit: Also just noticed that apparently having mods enabled also disables achievements.

Bethesda are currently doing maintenance

They currently haven't allowed for offline modding

Great job Bethesda.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

Alright, I'm gonna ask you goons for help because I have no idea what's going on here.

I've got an armor retex mod. Exactly one person using is is having this bug:

http://imgur.com/a/j3DAh

Why the living gently caress is half of it darker than the other half? They're wearing pieces from different sets and it seems to happen to all of them.

I really don't know what could even potentially be causing this.

I wish I knew what it was. But I do want to tell you your work is very good!

Would a shader or ENB cause any of that? *ooooh, sorry you already asked them that!

And, goodness, the people you have to deal with are real treats, aren't they?

Svanja fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 3, 2016

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Svanja posted:

I wish I knew what it was. But I do want to tell you your work is very good!

Would a shader or ENB cause any of that? *ooooh, sorry you already asked them that!

And, goodness, the people you have to deal with are real treats, aren't they?

Thanks!

Ugh, I know exactly the guy you mean. I had like a billion comments on mods way back in Oblivion, but until him I've never had anyone tell me to tell SOMEONE ELSE what to do with their mod.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

It's out dude.

THANKS I'm just way out of things having not slept in forever.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Sub Rosa posted:

I'm able to click the mods button, I just get a login error.

Edit: Also just noticed that apparently having mods enabled also disables achievements.

What? Who the hell is gonna play an unmodded game?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
There's already a mod that reenables them.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Hey, so I threw a little proof of concept together, and I would love some criticism or just a comment on the "look and feel." I'm going for kind of a depression-era cyberpunk thing. Just load wires.esm, and type or copy-paste coc mccpark

Apologies ahead of time if it breaks anything, but it shouldn't because it's just a tiny 132kb file that's basically just a map and some new actors.

It is located here

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
I'm trying to get http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10157/ to work but haven't been able to bring up the travel menu when interacting with the motorcycles and cars I've built. Objects I've cleared using Spring Cleaning have also been popping back up and are now un-scrappable. I'm using Mod Organizer 2, but each time I load the game I'm having to use Bethesda's in-game mod menu to manually enable all my mods, which then relaunches the game, so I feel like stuff is being re-loaded incorrectly.

I know my mods are still working because I've still got all the poo poo that enables legendary mods, the console in survival, radio stations (got them through Bethesda's in-game thing), and the saving stuff, but Spring Cleaning and Immersive Fast Travel are just borked.

Here's my load order, in case that might be affecting something, but I feel like it's got to be wonky interaction with the built-in mod managing and FO2:

code:
Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
SpringCleaning.esm
SC_ExpandedScrapList.esp
LegendaryModification.esp
SMC.esp
SOS_SleepOrSave.esp
AtomicRadio.esp
CNNO1.esp
Quick Save.esp
ImmersiveFastTravel.esp
IFT_Automatron.esp
VegetableOil.esp

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Shoot a dude in the dick.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12936

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

And also serious mod creep because it retools limb damage in a p major way.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Can't the dickshooting mechanics just be ripped from it?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So why did Bethesda have to break all the external modding tools?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Jorge Bell posted:

I'm trying to get http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10157/ to work but haven't been able to bring up the travel menu when interacting with the motorcycles and cars I've built. Objects I've cleared using Spring Cleaning have also been popping back up and are now un-scrappable. I'm using Mod Organizer 2, but each time I load the game I'm having to use Bethesda's in-game mod menu to manually enable all my mods, which then relaunches the game, so I feel like stuff is being re-loaded incorrectly.

I know my mods are still working because I've still got all the poo poo that enables legendary mods, the console in survival, radio stations (got them through Bethesda's in-game thing), and the saving stuff, but Spring Cleaning and Immersive Fast Travel are just borked.

Here's my load order, in case that might be affecting something, but I feel like it's got to be wonky interaction with the built-in mod managing and FO2:

code:
Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
SpringCleaning.esm
SC_ExpandedScrapList.esp
LegendaryModification.esp
SMC.esp
SOS_SleepOrSave.esp
AtomicRadio.esp
CNNO1.esp
Quick Save.esp
ImmersiveFastTravel.esp
IFT_Automatron.esp
VegetableOil.esp

How is mo2 doing these days? Last time I tried it, it definitely wasn't ready for prime time and I've been a long time user of the skyrim version.
Honestly, you run about the same amount of mods that I do. I quit using any of the managers, for now, and am manually installing stuff and hand editing the inis. It's working better for me that way... YMMV.
Do all the spring cleaning mods mess with item placement in workshop mode? Any of them that I've tried mess with bed placement, make building the teleporter a bitch, can't place turrets on building roofs/columns/etc... I'd like to do a bit more cleaning of my settlements, but it wasn't worth it to me.
Also, does there exist or will someone please make a mod that takes Bos holotags for caps? A vendor that is a Bos hater or even an edited book return machine for Bos tags or something. It'd make my anti Bos runs that much more interesting. :p

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

cheesetriangles posted:

They probably wanted a way for the engine to distinguish official content from mods. I'm not sure why they used the asterisk thing, though. In order for the engine to know that molerat_tittays.esp needs an asterisk it has to know that official_dlc1.esp doesn't, so there has to be list of official esp/esm's somewhere in the engine or a config file, and it could just check that list instead.

I'll bet it was just the quickest solution for determining ingame if it has been modded and therefore gets no achievements, just check if the plugins for that save start with *.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
How do you guys sort your mods? LOOT reads that mods are present but won't sort them, do you just trial and error it or is there a list you consult to sort them manually?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Other changes
-Headshot damage increased from x2 to x3 on most creatures.
-Limbs take half-damage instead of full damage. Affects most creatures. Limb health is also roughly halved to balance out the damage reduction.
-Feral Ghoul's torso also take only 50% damage.
-"You took out only my main camera!" 1st gen synts take only normal damage on their head.

come on dude I just want punch people in the dick

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

How do you guys sort your mods? LOOT reads that mods are present but won't sort them, do you just trial and error it or is there a list you consult to sort them manually?

Are you using the sort mod button in the upper right corner of loot? Is it just not doing anything?

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006

Mr.Grit posted:

How is mo2 doing these days? Last time I tried it, it definitely wasn't ready for prime time and I've been a long time user of the skyrim version.
Honestly, you run about the same amount of mods that I do. I quit using any of the managers, for now, and am manually installing stuff and hand editing the inis. It's working better for me that way... YMMV.
Do all the spring cleaning mods mess with item placement in workshop mode? Any of them that I've tried mess with bed placement, make building the teleporter a bitch, can't place turrets on building roofs/columns/etc... I'd like to do a bit more cleaning of my settlements, but it wasn't worth it to me.
Also, does there exist or will someone please make a mod that takes Bos holotags for caps? A vendor that is a Bos hater or even an edited book return machine for Bos tags or something. It'd make my anti Bos runs that much more interesting. :p

I haven't used any of the other managers so I couldn't speak to comparisons, but I'll try manually installing the Immersive Fast Travel.

Spring Cleaning doesn't touch anything related to object placement, it just allows scrapping of a lot of the "objects" like debris and dirt that you normally can't interact with. They're yellow like the stuff you can scrap but not move in settlements (except in my borked install I can move them now? blah).

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

:shrug: Bethesda does their own thing and doesn't give any poo poo about third-party tools or how their changes inconveniences modders in general.
They did something similar for Skyrim: Before Skyrim patch 1.4.26 the plugin's loadorder was determined by the date-modified file property of the plugins (just like how it was since Morrowind). And then without warning and without any apparent reason, Bethesda changed that into the plugins.txt based loadorder.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hopefully someone makes a mod that makes more of the downtown core of Boston "civilized" and not abandoned to raiders. I'd love to see more urbanites wandering around like a bigger Freeside.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nevets posted:

They probably wanted a way for the engine to distinguish official content from mods. I'm not sure why they used the asterisk thing, though. In order for the engine to know that molerat_tittays.esp needs an asterisk it has to know that official_dlc1.esp doesn't, so there has to be list of official esp/esm's somewhere in the engine or a config file, and it could just check that list instead.

I'll bet it was just the quickest solution for determining ingame if it has been modded and therefore gets no achievements, just check if the plugins for that save start with *.

I'm pretty sure the asterisk just means "enabled"

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Ahahahaah, I saw that and somehow knew it would be in this thread, (aka, I came to post this.)

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12956/

Fist of the North Shaun. That is all. :micdrop:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

SplitSoul posted:

Can't the dickshooting mechanics just be ripped from it?

Untested but I extracted the relevant parts from it (humans, supahmutants and behemoths) and took out all the damage changes.

http://www.filedropper.com/dickpunch-simple

e: Seems to work! In VATS it highlights the entire torso, but the groin option is there and the shot you take goes right to it.

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 4, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gonkish posted:

Shut it down. Shut it all down. We have a winner. I haven't laughed so hard all week.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hopefully someone makes a mod that makes more of the downtown core of Boston "civilized" and not abandoned to raiders. I'd love to see more urbanites wandering around like a bigger Freeside.

I always thought it was kind of weird that Diamond City is the "The Great Green Jewel" of the Commonwealth, but if you go a block in any direction you run into outposts filled with raiders and supermutants.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

Mr.Grit posted:

Are you using the sort mod button in the upper right corner of loot? Is it just not doing anything?

Yeah, it doesn't change anything. Really strange, MO straight up wouldn't launch Fallout 4 so I switched to NMM if that's relevant. However I'm gathering as I read this thread that it's an ongoing issue for everybody.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011
I think the new patch broke Iron Rose's Weapon Balance Overhaul. Can anyone confirm that it's still working / not working for them?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

I was thinking about something like this. I was imagining adding tents and such outside of Diamond City and then playing around with the factions for the various Raiders and Gunners so they're not constantly attacking you when you pass them by. I like the idea that Diamond City proper is pretty much the only safe place in the Commonwealth, but I want the rest of Boston to feel scummy and not a warzone.

As is, Diamond City just doesn't make sense because how the hell do traders even get to it?

Also, I just wish Super Mutants weren't really a thing in this game.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Sjonnar posted:

I think the new patch broke Iron Rose's Weapon Balance Overhaul. Can anyone confirm that it's still working / not working for them?

Unless there has been another patch since 1.5 it is working for me. I haven't played for a couple days though.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Timeless Appeal posted:

I was thinking about something like this. I was imagining adding tents and such outside of Diamond City and then playing around with the factions for the various Raiders and Gunners so they're not constantly attacking you when you pass them by. I like the idea that Diamond City proper is pretty much the only safe place in the Commonwealth, but I want the rest of Boston to feel scummy and not a warzone.

As is, Diamond City just doesn't make sense because how the hell do traders even get to it?

Also, I just wish Super Mutants weren't really a thing in this game.

I'm hoping we get more faction diversity mods in general, the ones we got so far are decent.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Rasmussen posted:

Unless there has been another patch since 1.5 it is working for me. I haven't played for a couple days though.

I don't know if there's been another one since 1.5, but it's definitely not working for me. This is the error I'm getting:

And if I "Continue Loading" the mod is turned off and my weapons are hosed up.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

Yeah, it doesn't change anything. Really strange, MO straight up wouldn't launch Fallout 4 so I switched to NMM if that's relevant. However I'm gathering as I read this thread that it's an ongoing issue for everybody.

You're running nmm as admin, yeah? Do loadorder.txt, plugins.txt exist in your appdata\local\fallout4 folder? What happens if you run loot outside of nmm as admin? Nmm still installs all your mods to data, so loot will still see them.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'm hoping we get more faction diversity mods in general, the ones we got so far are decent.

Add a faction of Blues singers stationed at the House of Blues just beside Fenway.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sjonnar posted:

I don't know if there's been another one since 1.5, but it's definitely not working for me. This is the error I'm getting:

And if I "Continue Loading" the mod is turned off and my weapons are hosed up.

Is it enabled in the mod screen?

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Azhais posted:

Is it enabled in the mod screen?

I've been using NMM, and haven't even messed with the official Bethesda mods. Is that the problem? Perhaps she took it to the official mod shop when it became available and the Nexus version no longer works?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I redownloaded mine from the Nexus after I cleaned everything up for 1.5. Make sure it's enabled in mo/nmm and either use the plugins. Txt method by putting an asterisk in front of the relevant esp or launch the game and enable it in the mod menu in the load order section, which is hotkey T by default.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sjonnar posted:

I've been using NMM, and haven't even messed with the official Bethesda mods. Is that the problem? Perhaps she took it to the official mod shop when it became available and the Nexus version no longer works?

None of the mod managers have been updated afaik. You either need to edit the plugins.ini and add an * in front of the mod, or go into the mod menu in the game and enable the mod (every time in my experience)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Gonkish posted:

Seeing both of these in succession makes me really want a mod where you can target body parts with melee. Especially loving mirelurks. I realize it would probably require custom animations to be effective though.

• Locked thread