Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Armor rebalance = every russian tank is now impenetrable from the front, not just russian heavy tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What's fail platoon? If they mean a platoon that loses the match, gently caress that. I'm out. Or is it just for stuff like a MS-1 honor guard platoon?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Or is it just for stuff like a MS-1 honor guard platoon?

yeah. they're going with 4 or more tiers apart.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Top gun on the toaster is the biggest loving letdown in the entire game, and I traded my T92 back for an M53/55. I didn't even know different guns could have different traverse arcs on the same tank.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Infected posted:

Armor rebalance = every russian tank is now impenetrable from the front, not just russian heavy tanks.

I would reinstall for this.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Ensign Expendable posted:

No you wouldn't.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I'd like to see them turn gold shells from a "This will always pen" button to one people have to think about it. One of the few things Armored Warfare did was have different shell types do different things, with APCR having higher pen but lower damage, HEAT having lower pen but more damage, but also being stopped by spaced armor, cages, and reactive armor plates. At least make it a decision on tanks, take like a T54E1 for instance, AP does the 390 damage/210 pen, while the APCR does 320 damage/250 pen. Still put out the damage, but on something that has real armor, you'll do less total damage.

Some tanks like the T-54 would be interesting with this, either they'd need a bump on their main gun, since 201mm pen at T9 is a little low and they've been riding off the 330mm pen on the HEAT shell, but maybe they get an option of APCR or HEAT. Or give the chance to drop HE entirely and go AP, APCR, HEAT. Options would be neat.

What they need to do is collapse US East and West servers into one, move them to a non-poo poo provider though.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Why are they giving fail platoons a -50%XP penalty? Just lock the loving platoons to tanks that see the same MM spread. How goddamn hard can that be?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Because who cares if someone wants to run a T59 in a platoon with normal matchmaking tanks? At least make it a tier or two's leeway.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RanKizama posted:

Why are they giving fail platoons a -50%XP penalty? Just lock the loving platoons to tanks that see the same MM spread. How goddamn hard can that be?

Because wargaming doesn't give a poo poo about stopping stupid toxic trolls and stat badders but hitting fail platoons with an XP penalty allows them to do the MVP XP contests again without a bunch of silly poo poo like dragging a Tetrarch into a tier ten match and getting 2100 base xp or whatever.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Lets be honest, WG talks about a lot of stuff for years that never actually happens. Its really surprisingly to me that they are actually doing something that sounds like pretty sweeping changes. Making armor great again sounds like something I can get behind.

Yup, maybe multiturrets are coming with that update as well. They had said it would happen shortly after wows was released since they would be doing it there anyway. Of course, multiturret control has been promised since release....

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

STILL WAITING FOR HORNS :argh:

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Can your 1C do this?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

RanKizama posted:

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Because who cares if someone wants to run a T59 in a platoon with normal matchmaking tanks? At least make it a tier or two's leeway.

Yeah, I don't get the 50% XP penalty; failplatoons will now earn 10 XP instead of 20, whoop-de-fuckin-do. :woop:

Essentially we just need one tier difference in platoons: for matching a pref tank with one a tier lower (e.g. tier 8 pref with a tier 7) and for matching a scout with a tier higher (e.g. tier 5 scout with a tier 6.) There's absolutely no need for any greater spread.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

The IS-2 is available in the premium shop for the next 6 days on the EU servers

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/specials/3190/

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.

I uninstalled WoT last night. I have never felt more relieved in my life after attempting to start playing again over the last month.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Atomizer posted:

You're doing Obama's Trump's work. Keep it up!

Gold HE or APCR/HEAT arty shells?

APCR and HEAT obviously.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Infected posted:

Don't worry, wargaming will continue to release tanks with higher and higher pens after the fabled great armor rebalance of summer 2016. Of course the only tanks that will continue to get armor buffs to make up for it will be Russian tanks until the great armor rebalance of fall 2021.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

TracerM17 posted:

Don't worry, wargaming will continue to release tanks with higher and higher pens after the fabled great armor rebalance of summer 2016. Of course the only tanks that will continue to get armor buffs to make up for it will be Russian tanks until the great armor rebalance of fall 2021.

I am ok with this.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

TracerM17 posted:

You realize that right now it's the Germans that have hilariously buffed ahistorical armour, right?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i enjoy my mighty soviet T110E5

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

You realize that right now it's the Germans that have hilariously buffed ahistorical armour, right?

It'd be funny if you were actually trying to make a joke like Prav.

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

All german tanks are created equally except for some being more VKB than others....:psyduck:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Why does my Tiger II still feel like it's made of paper mache?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Because 90% of matches a T8 gets into now have T10s.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

RanKizama posted:

Why does my Tiger II still feel like it's made of paper mache?

Eh, I'm finding that the KT has decent enough armor (although surprisingly the VK45A feels like it's is even better :stare:) but I just can't get wins in it no matter how much damage I do. :smith:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I faced thw VK that comes before the Maus in either my 50 100 or 120.

Good luck penning anything that isn't the cupola from the front with APCR.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

brodoyouevengif posted:

I uninstalled WoT last night. I have never felt more relieved in my life after attempting to start playing again over the last month.

I also started playing again about a month ago. Except I'm playing better than I used too and having a decent time.

Send help for I am lost to the Belorussian misery simulator.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Captain Blaargh posted:

I also started playing again about a month ago. Except I'm playing better than I used too and having a decent time.

I have the same problem :(

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Michaellaneous posted:

I faced thw VK that comes before the Maus in either my 50 100 or 120.

Good luck penning anything that isn't the cupola from the front with APCR.

Don't shoot the front, shoot the turret front with gold.
That is what I do in my VK4502B vs other VKs.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
http://wotreplays.com/site/2669282#winter_himmelsdorf-turmoilx-t110e3 catch e3s on fire by hitting their roof frontally..

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

Captain Blaargh posted:

I was playing like complete rear end, along with a side of getting focused by everyone and their mother because XVM is such a great mod. :suicide: I attempted grinding the Japanese heavy line, but I just couldn't handle the tier 5 and 6.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Goons tell me how is world of tanks these days

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Bob A Feet posted:

worse than before but allegedly it will improve soon?

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

Bob A Feet posted:

It's a terrible game and anyone playing it should feel bad.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
0/10 tonight, never seen people throw games harder then tonight. But I still managed to knock out 2 TD missions while dealing these mouthbreathing retards.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

brodoyouevengif posted:

I was playing like complete rear end, along with a side of getting focused by everyone and their mother because XVM is such a great mod. :suicide: I attempted grinding the Japanese heavy line, but I just couldn't handle the tier 5 and 6.

Seriously? The O-I Exp is the closest you'll get to the old-school KV, and the O-I is supposed to be a better KV-2.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Seriously? The O-I Exp is the closest you'll get to the old-school KV, and the O-I is supposed to be a better KV-2.

I don't think its as good as the KV-2, its so loving huge that it becomes a massive liability on anything but city maps.
The O-I Exp has a savage gun at tier 5, I mean, its honestly pretty ridiculous to hit people for 300 damage and with a 8.5s reload. But, its on a huge poorly armored frame and people don't really need to worry about aiming at you to pen if they have a tier 5 gun.
Problem that I'm having with the O-I is you gain armor and a beefy derp, but a whole lot of tier 6's give even less of a poo poo about your armor. Also bigger SPG's will simply ruin it and they pretty much can't miss.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

brodoyouevengif posted:

It's a terrible game and anyone playing it should does feel bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I haven't played in weeks and I feel like a new man.