Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kallev
Nov 16, 2014
I wish I had pictures of my last miserable den. When this house was being built they forgot to plan out where to place the furnace. So the solution was to take an existing room, in this case my bedroom, and cut a chunk out of it for the furnace room. But rather than put the furnace into a corner, they placed it right in the middle of the room. Really, it is hard to describe it very properly, but the net effect is that my room was shaped kind of like an unbent staple. A good half of the floor space was a hallway due to the furnace room, and was just barely not wide enough to hold furniture without obstructing your ability to walk. So I just had two small chambers and the little connector hallway. My bed fit into the smaller chamber with about an inch of space not occupied, though to be fair I did treat myself to a queen sized bed so it isn't that small. The other chamber held my desk and dresser. I didn't have any space for a regular bookshelf, so instead in the little hallway portion I put my books against the wall and basically just built a frame around them. It looked neat, although it means that each book has its own specific frame portion that it goes in, and wouldn't fit in any other. Thankfully I moved since then, and now have a very wide space in which to pile dirty laundry and game consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

xzibit.meme

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Well this is pretty much it:

Here's what's behind the curtain:

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well this is pretty much it:

Here's what's behind the curtain:

grim

i like it

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Kallev posted:

I wish I had pictures of my last miserable den. When this house was being built they forgot to plan out where to place the furnace. So the solution was to take an existing room, in this case my bedroom, and cut a chunk out of it for the furnace room. But rather than put the furnace into a corner, they placed it right in the middle of the room. Really, it is hard to describe it very properly, but the net effect is that my room was shaped kind of like an unbent staple. A good half of the floor space was a hallway due to the furnace room, and was just barely not wide enough to hold furniture without obstructing your ability to walk. So I just had two small chambers and the little connector hallway. My bed fit into the smaller chamber with about an inch of space not occupied, though to be fair I did treat myself to a queen sized bed so it isn't that small. The other chamber held my desk and dresser. I didn't have any space for a regular bookshelf, so instead in the little hallway portion I put my books against the wall and basically just built a frame around them. It looked neat, although it means that each book has its own specific frame portion that it goes in, and wouldn't fit in any other. Thankfully I moved since then, and now have a very wide space in which to pile dirty laundry and game consoles.

I am fascinated trying to picture this and also loling

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wow I guess this is in fact a thing:

I think that's worse than the Meatship honestly

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
40k to redeck the pool area and its covered in duck poo poo

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
you have ducks? gently caress you and your humble brag

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

Germstore posted:

you have ducks? gently caress you and your humble brag

Like 3 of those ducklings got trapped and died in the pool. A week later I saw mom and dad (dad lookin pretty rough) and there were no ducklings. Nature hates babies.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Wow I guess this is in fact a thing:

I think that's worse than the Meatship honestly

They have wierd breakfast food that is like hotdog meat inside a flaky crust, buy I think this guy tried to make his own with items at hand

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine
I used to live in this. It was in marginally better shape then.

No anime, but many mice.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Kallev posted:

holy loving lmao

please make an mspaint room diagram for us

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

dick wizard posted:

Like 3 of those ducklings got trapped and died in the pool. A week later I saw mom and dad (dad lookin pretty rough) and there were no ducklings. Nature hates babies.

I used to get baby rabbits in my pool skimmer pretty regularly. Pretty grim.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

red_dirt posted:

I used to live in this. It was in marginally better shape then.

No anime, but many mice.

Sure thing Walter White.

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine

Jerry Cotton posted:

Sure thing Walter White.

Coincidentally it is NM.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

:smugwizard:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm the perspective.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

look at this scrub who doesn't even have a black dye tub

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Picture a basement covered in piss bottles with the occasional small dirty floor space showing and hopscotching from the computer chair to the bed.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kallev posted:

And you paid full equal rent.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I have multiple posting hovel spaces, which one am I to post?!

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
here is my room as of last night

i probably win something unless that crawlspace guy is here

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

two forty posted:

:vince:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

two forty posted:

how do you live and how do you live with yourself

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

two forty posted:

holy gently caress LAFFO

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

two forty posted:

Red text/post combo for the 5

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm the overheating laptop on carpet.

TipsyMc
Sep 5, 2004

I visited BYOB and all I got was this lousy avatar

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Nice proto-hord. A dirty mattress would be an improvement.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

A used condom?

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

two forty posted:

Nice vinyl.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

two forty posted:

Alcoholic mentally ill artist so maybe he can just do it with his art. Also that is a shameful record collection.

I hope more hovels get posted like this - zooming in to see all of the details is fun.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Nothing on gods green earth would make me even consider taking a pic of my basement. Nothing.
(I used to have a storage space opposite my flat that was about half the size of the flat, so I kept my bikes,
frames & odds and ends in there, however, that got taken for *reasons* so most of my flat is full of bikes/computer bits.)

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005

At least your ears are clean

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

never trust an elf posted:

At least your ears are clean

Mom is just upstairs

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

two forty posted:

Good god, man

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

two forty posted:

I'm the Dr. Dre - The Chronic album on vinyl

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Put your loving records back in the sleeves, you gently caress

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Put your loving records back in the sleeves, you gently caress

You think with a room like that he is going to take care of his vinyl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

two forty posted:

why is EVERY SINGLE THING ON THE FLOOR AHHHHHHH :gonk:

• Locked thread