Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ignoranus posted:

Level 7 orchard and he still set it to 300 slots. Woohoo!

I'm rich! I'm going to sell that extension to the old guard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Are the Bonus Perks worth it?
-3 Minimum Timer for 1 Hour is the most expensive one and costs 150 snail bucks = 12 $ for ONE hour ?!
What does this perk do?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mr.PayDay posted:

Are the Bonus Perks worth it?
-3 Minimum Timer for 1 Hour is the most expensive one and costs 150 snail bucks = 12 $ for ONE hour ?!
What does this perk do?

It gives it to everyone in the entire game, you'll get a reasonable number from pubbies. -3min timer brings the min timer from 20 to 17, you'll still need other buffs to get your timer that low, likely a combo of spells and food.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Oh dear :bang: It even says GLOBAL bonus, but I am too dumb to read. Allright then :)

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Mr.PayDay posted:

Another Goon reporting in, just gone lvl 1 fishing. :jiggled:

Invite mrpayday pls

Invite sent.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Coffeehitler posted:

Invite sent.

I'm in :) So I can extend my farming and gathering Autism from WoW into his afk browser game and will focus on gathering, wood cutting, fishing and hiking I think. I am glad when others focus on prodiction, I am another Goon Peon then that collects the raw stuff.
Can I "play" this game just by leveling all gathering skills Or do I need to be a lvl 8 tailor to lvl hiking 10 or sth like that?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Mr.PayDay posted:

I'm in :) So I can extend my farming and gathering Autism from WoW into his afk browser game and will focus on gathering, wood cutting, fishing and hiking I think. I am glad when others focus on prodiction, I am another Goon Peon then that collects the raw stuff.
Can I "play" this game just buy leverling all gathering skills Or do I need to be a lvl 8 tailor to lvl hiking 10 or sth like that?

None of the skills are dependent on each other to gather XP. They way they interlock is that is you want to level, say, Carpentry by making Oak Barrels you need oak logs (which require Woodcutting) and iron ingots (which require mining and smithing) to get. If someone else gets them for you, mind, you can carpenter away to your heart's content without ever giving a poo poo about those other skills.

I'm one of the top carpenters we have and I gained my first smithing XP yesterday. It's no big.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Mr.PayDay posted:

Can I "play" this game just buy leverling all gathering skills Or do I need to be a lvl 8 tailor to lvl hiking 10 or sth like that?

You can specialize in a single skill, plenty of pubbies have done nothing but one thing for over 100 levels. Always do magic as well, since buffs are great and limited by mana which regenerates slowly. You may have to get someone to get you tools and other equipment as needed but full grinding that out yourself takes forever.

Only doing a crafting skill would be hard, but generating resources it's very easy to just get the tools you need from the guild and keep on trucking. You aren't leeching your getting us XP and materials. Take whatever you need from storage don't forget to get yourself a set of blue clothing for -12 to your timer.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Someone invite Siege to guild please?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Someone invite Siege to guild please?

Yeah sure, invited.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Thanks for the hints, the blue clothing is neat! :black101: So I guess I will level the gather + speed + wood cutting skills and take the tools I need to farm raw stuff.
Great game to utilize my several devices at home btw, one can always run the task.
Just to make it clear: I can't farm offline? The Firefox or iOS Safari Browser have to be active+open, and there is the bot check so you cant farm 24/7 without babysitting the "app"?

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Mr.PayDay posted:

Just to make it clear: I can't farm offline? The Firefox or iOS Safari Browser have to be active+open?

correct

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Seems like we're having trouble keeping up with cooking the low level fish, so if you just want to grind up some cooking (and woodcutting) grab some logs and raw fish (especially Sunfish) and some frying pans and fry it up.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
I uh appear to have gotten ip blocked and banned somehow and not sure how....

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

insanityv2 posted:

Were you doing any sort of automating? Like something to get around the bot check?

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
Nope.

I was using the smilies script posted earlier this thread though. Thats about it.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

insanityv2 posted:

Are you on a shared IP with someone else who might be playing the game? (University, work ip, etc.)

I assume you weren't dumb enough to use an autoclicker for the botcheck or otherwise just mashed the botcheck a ton or something.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
I'm on my apartment complex provided wifi. No autoclickers but I was having an issue where like, the botchecker wasn't responding to my click, and I ended up having to reload.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

insanityv2 posted:

I'm on my apartment complex provided wifi. No autoclickers but I was having an issue where like, the botchecker wasn't responding to my click, and I ended up having to reload.

The only other thing then would be multi accounts. If you don't have that then you might be able to rejoin. Grumpy is pretty quick to ban for any of the reasons mentioned since he can easily check individually.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

insanityv2 posted:

I've run into this in the last 2-3 days where the botcheck will just sit there and not respond to anything; or will load a blank area for the botcheck and display nothing. Have to reload the page and re-login; as choosing a new action has no impact.

If it happens again tomorrow I will get a screenshot or animated gif. Otherwise I'm considering a boycott until this is adequately addressed; sick of people nearly getting banned for reading the manual or other nonsense.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
So I bought the -10 timer Global Bonus. Do all players get it, even if they are offline while it was bought, after logging in?

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Chunjee, on my iPhone I had the same issues and to press the ladybug 3 three times in the botcheck before letting me progress

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
I've had the same issues on my android phone as well. It seems that when the botcheck timer expires the timer for my current action just freezes until I reload the page.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
I emailed grumpy and got my ban lifted.

Apparently I was banned because he noticed weird activity from running a script from my account. The only script I was running was the SA emoticon linked a page ago by Chunjee and I said as much on the email, and provided him a link so he could see what it was and that it wasn't malicious/cheating. I agreed not to run any scripts and now im back chopping wood.

It's weird because I assume that noone else had problems using that script with the game?

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

fyi Grumpy does not own my browser and needs to butt off policing what extensions he deems acceptable. Has our merciful master allowed ad-block?

The SA emoticon "script" has absolutely no impact on game mechanics or rules.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
I get the impression that Grumpy is a bit older, and is kinda learning things as he's coding the game. I feel like the existing population is less tech savvy than the average goon, so he's probably a little uncomfortable with some of the things we do.

He did allow the in-browser timer, so he's not completely anti-addons.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
I think he just thought I was using a script to cheat or bypass botchecks, etc.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I think he's a better-safe-than-sorry kind of guy.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
What's that "you are crowded by x people " and "you have the place to yourself tonight" stuff?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Mr.PayDay posted:

What's that "you are crowded by x people " and "you have the place to yourself tonight" stuff?
That's the crowding indicator. Your timer goes up by one for every two people crowding you.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

That's the crowding indicator. Your timer goes up by one for every two people crowding you.

Thanks! Interesting mechanic, the game could and should add this info just there "you are crowded by x people, meaning your timer adds up by x seconds " :viggo:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

After we've pointed out how it hurts newbies (because lowlevel zones are the most crowded ones), Grumpy's mentioned he doesn't really think it's working how he's originally intended it and is thinking about turning it into teamwork, where you'd get a buff for being around people instead.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Horking Delight posted:

After we've pointed out how it hurts newbies (because lowlevel zones are the most crowded ones), Grumpy's mentioned he doesn't really think it's working how he's originally intended it and is thinking about turning it into teamwork, where you'd get a buff for being around people instead.

that makes way more sense

Nukleas
Dec 18, 2006
In as nukleas !

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Crell posted:

that makes way more sense

This would also make Holy Pine Night even better

Being able to coordinate to cluster up on a resource all at once to save on timers would be really cool

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

That would be game changing. Having themed days would be "a thing" it would promote people having multiple skills. Pubbies might follow our skill trains but that's okay we have more players so even more XP for us!

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
70 Bird Squad (:bird:) 121 82 74 7,011,548 +50,237

Holy poo poo :effortless:
100% more gain than the next Guild and even ~ 300% - 400% more then the next Top 5 guilds each

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mr.PayDay posted:

70 Bird Squad (:bird:) 121 82 74 7,011,548 +50,237

Holy poo poo :effortless:
100% more gain than the next Guild and even ~ 300% - 400% more then the next Top 5 guilds each

You should see it just before rollover at midnight server time (about 5 PM PST).

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Unguided posted:

You should see it just before rollover at midnight server time (about 5 PM PST).

Oh I just saw the gains do update every 24 hours. How often are the leaderboards updated as a whole? every 24 hours or 7 days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Mr.PayDay posted:

Oh I just saw the gains do update every 24 hours. How often are the leaderboards updated as a whole? every 24 hours or 7 days?

They're updated in real time. All the high scores and manual info re: shop stocks and pricing are. That's why Grumpy doesn't want people running scripts to scrape those pages a million times a minute; It's quite taxing on the server when that happens.

And yeah, we usually roll 100K exp/day or more. Often over 130K-140K. When we first burst onto the boards, Legacy tried to outpace us, but backed off after about a solid week of being beaten handily by a guild that was 90+ spots down the board from them. Slumber is most active during the early hours of the server, so you'll see them get all their gains for the day in early. Everyone else just kinda does their thing, and we always top out as the most productive guild EXP-wise.

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 12:36 on May 6, 2016