Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Is it time for completely spergy nit-picking? I hope so, because here goes:

The prevailing goon theory is that Kano joined Team Venture after the Blue Morpho's death. But in the flashback to the key party (in the Dr Qym episode), Blue Morpho is seen in the background and Kano is very much working for Jonas at that point (he brings young Ms. Qym downstairs to play with Rusty). So I guess that implies that Team Venture lured Kano away from Blue Morpho while he was still alive and doing his thing as Blue Morpho.

The real answer, of course, is that back when Doc and Jackson made the Dr Qym episode, the "Blue Morpho" was just a random background character so it doesn't matter that he eventually became this fleshed-out character who worked with Kano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
... or maybe it wasn't Blue Morpho at the key party?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Was it Vendata?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

tarlibone posted:

... or maybe it wasn't Blue Morpho at the key party?

I'm into costume business, not costume play!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The obvious answer is that no-one remembered Kano at the time because he was simply the sidekick/henchman.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Taerkar posted:

The obvious answer is that no-one remembered Kano at the time because he was simply the sidekick/henchman an oriental.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
The answer from the commentary is that they put a recolor of the green hornet in as a joke. And then a couple of seasons later they decided to do a Green Hornet parody.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Go to Adultwim.com look for the red worm in the upper left hand corner, click it and enjoy.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Djarum posted:

Go to Adultswim.com look for the red worm in the upper left hand corner, click it and enjoy.

Fixed that link. Awesome news!!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I guess that answers the dumb "will we even get another season of cartoon network's most hyped show ever?" question people kept asking. Hopefully that ties into the morpho story because that seems kind of disconnected.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
How does one determine the relative hypedness of a given cartoon network show? Therein lies the difficulty, to me.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Djarum posted:

Go to Adultwim.com look for the red worm in the upper left hand corner, click it and enjoy.

Can someone post an actual link? I don't know if it is the canadian AS site or what but I don't see the link.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Whatup

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Oh poo poo, it's Pazuzu time.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Pope Guilty posted:

Oh poo poo, it's Pazuzu time.

Trying to remember that line of Sovereign's from the ORB episode when he disguised himself as Rusty, but drawing a blank

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
So do we finally have the real name of Sir Reginald von Pirate Guy?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Isn't Hector the Hadji parody?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

LostRook posted:

Isn't Hector the Hadji parody?

Yeah, Hector Molina. Orpheus keeps getting his junk mail.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

Trying to remember that line of Sovereign's from the ORB episode when he disguised himself as Rusty, but drawing a blank

"I'm you, from the future! We have to finish our time machine before the Angels of Destruction find the portal!!"

(Rusty and Dean stare, shaking in fear)

(Future-Rusty changes into David Bowie)

"Nah, I'm just messin' with you."

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I thought Hector was a communist in Central America now.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I thought Hector was a communist in Central America now.

That was Jorge.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Little shoe-boy from father-teach-films.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

tarlibone posted:

"I'm you, from the future! We have to finish our time machine before the Angels of Destruction find the portal!!"

(Rusty and Dean stare, shaking in fear)

(Future-Rusty changes into David Bowie)

"Nah, I'm just messin' with you."

If that script page is at all accurate, looks like Sovereign might not have been messing with them at all, if completely by accident

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
You can now buy the second soundtrack on CD and Vinyl

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Am i reading correctly that you have to buy the vinyl to get files? I mean, I guess you can just rip the cd, but I've met a lot off people who don't have optical drives.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Pope Guilty posted:

Am i reading correctly that you have to buy the vinyl to get files? I mean, I guess you can just rip the cd, but I've met a lot off people who don't have optical drives.
I think a digital release will occur in June, this is basically a 'pre-order,' so that no one hears the music before CDs/Vinyls arrive to the people who ordered them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Someone made a joke today that a photo of mine looked like a Rembrandt. I posted the clip of phantom limb trying to sell one, and an art professor friend of mine recognized the Rembrandt along with all of the others. They used to be in a Boston art gallery and we're all stolen.

Macatt
May 3, 2005
Why was it that the clones of Hank and Dean had different ages than their original selves? I remember new-Hank looking at his singed ID card and commenting that the birth date didn't match up with the age Doc was telling him he currently was.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It takes a while to spin up new slugs so they probably lose some time to that.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Plus I guess they only update the brain scans to imprint the clones with every so often, so they must lose a month or two each time they reset.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

apowe posted:

Why was it that the clones of Hank and Dean had different ages than their original selves? I remember new-Hank looking at his singed ID card and commenting that the birth date didn't match up with the age Doc was telling him he currently was.

The teaching beds are implied to take a while to re-image the clone memories, plus they often died while after months out on adventures, meaning both that their backups are old AND that it takes time to get back tot he clone facility because Doc wants to finish whatever it is he's doing.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Plus I guess they only update the brain scans to imprint the clones with every so often, so they must lose a month or two each time they reset.

It was implied that they update everytime they go to sleep in the learning beds, but they also spent a lot of nights without being in them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Doc and Brock took a month or so off from parenting every time they died.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I always just figured doc was lazy/didnt care and imprinted the wrong date into those two clone slugs.

Macatt
May 3, 2005
I suppose I always assumed that the clone slugs were growing at the same rate as the "activated" boys. So, even if Doc was away on business for a year, he should still come home to an accurately aged clone slug.

Also, the question should be asked, were the boys "younger" than they should have been physically, mentally, or both?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The first boys probably didn't die until they were already 2 or 3. They weren't born as clones, so they necessarily all started at some later time.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Doc and Brock took a month or so off from parenting every time they died.
Doc had to go find himself each time they died.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

apowe posted:

I suppose I always assumed that the clone slugs were growing at the same rate as the "activated" boys. So, even if Doc was away on business for a year, he should still come home to an accurately aged clone slug.

Also, the question should be asked, were the boys "younger" than they should have been physically, mentally, or both?

They were the right physical age but were mentally younger due to not having memory of certain periods of time.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

The first boys probably didn't die until they were already 2 or 3. They weren't born as clones, so they necessarily all started at some later time.

Personally until otherwise stated I'm figuring they didn't start dying till maybe 2 or 3 years before the start of the show at the earliest, if mostly cause every Hank and Dean death we've seen onscreen has them looking identical to how they are during the show proper

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Maaaan, no sad piano piece. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macatt
May 3, 2005
It's possible that Doc didn't create the clone fetuses until the original boys were ~2. The clones age at the same rate as the original boys, but they got off to a late start, so to speak, so they're permanently a few years behind. So no matter how many times the boys die, the new clones are always a few years younger than the originals would have been, but that age gap doesn't increase with each subsequent death--it's locked at ~3 years.

(I used those numbers because I recall Myra saying something like the boys should be 19, not 16. So, 3 years, and subtract from that the 9 months it may have taken for the clone fetuses to reach "time of birth" maturity. The clone fetuses were possibly created when the boys were a bit over 2 years old.)