Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
how bout some space Morrissey

this is the official wedge page now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

"I've made a huge mistake"

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

I am unironically in love with Oscar Isaac. This is a 100% serious post - I am wholly and completely homosexual for this man specifically

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Couple guys at the store wanted to do a 2000 point game. The went down to 1000 points then finally settled on 700 because one of them couldn't find eight of his TIE Fighters. I didn't ask how or if it ended.

Oh gosh. A group at the last game night was playing a standard 400 v400 point team epic game. They started at around 6 pm. They still had a ton of ships on the board at 9pm when the store closed.

The Gozanti did go down though (the only huge ship). I think there was something like 12-16 small ships on each side and I think a houdstooth and Bobba. so somewhere around 60 ships total.

Even doing 300v300 epic games are a bit crazy. I've yet to finish a RL epic game (well, it was only one attempt, and to be fair we were taking breaks to watch the entire OT on DVD because I had just gotten it, ).

I did get to play one where I had 409 points (the raider and the carrier) online in the x-wing risk game.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

kingcom posted:

"I've made a huge mistake"

"I really wish I hadn't asked John Boyega what a body pillow was."

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

guts and bolts posted:

I am unironically in love with Oscar Isaac. This is a 100% serious post - I am wholly and completely homosexual for this man specifically

let me tell you bout a little movie called Inside Llewyn Davis

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Big Mean Jerk posted:

let me tell you bout a little movie called Inside Llewyn Davis

This is where I got hype for Oscar Isaac as Poe, I loving love that movie. Huge Coen Bros nerd though, I know I was already insufferable before whatever

Oscar Isaac is hotter than any woman I have ever even heard of

Guys, what's happening to me

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Also I seriously wish more people that wanted to do stuff with the huge ships just did the campaigns that came with them because standard list-built Epic games are just a way to make X-Wing not fun but the campaigns frequently have much more sensible points totals per side, fun gimmicks to mess with like persistent pilot death or the Rebels getting to hijack the Gozanti and take it for a joyride, and don't make you sit through three to four hours to play a single game.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

ninjahedgehog posted:

Dude lol if 1980 Billy Dee Williams isn't at the top of this list.

Yeah Billy Dee is one of the smoothest men alive. Too bad I'm not a fan of his version of the Falcon. I mean c'mon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pK5HmuCMBM

Kai Tave posted:

Oh no, you're absolutely right about the Phantom aces needing VI and Advanced Cloaking Device, those are effectively non-negotiable. The major issue I could see you running into is that you have 100 points of stuff and your highest PS ships are at 9, which means that if you happen to lose initiative to someone else running really flippy Imp aces or something like that you could potentially have a hard time.

Now what you COULD do if you felt daring is take Echo instead of Whisper, as both are supposed to be ladies. Echo is the harder of the two Phantoms to fly imo...her pilot skill is 8 with VI which means she's more vulnerable to getting decloak-sniped by aces, but her decloak is also trickier to use and her full potential range of movement possibilities takes some study and practice, but she has a lot of potential mobility and can pull off some crazy shenanigans if you get used to how she flies. She's also two points cheaper, which would give you a slight bit of wiggle room...good upgrades to look at would be either TIE mk2 on Juno or Ryad and/or an Intelligence Agent on Echo for some dial-peeking beforehand.

It's totally something to consider. I mean with PS9 aces its typically Poe, Soontir, or Dengar to worry about around here. I saw one person try a Disco Vader and his Disco Dancers build, which was cool, but 8 is the more crowded slot here.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 5, 2016

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxXlPULqYN0

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Of all the 40's I've had, Colt 45 is by far the most drinkable. Thank you, Billy Dee :grin:

This is a strange derail.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Of all the 40's I've had, Colt 45 is by far the most drinkable. Thank you, Billy Dee :grin:

This is a strange derail.

Normally these conversations happened in the GBS EU thread but that thread has since gone on to the goldmine so there's no real place to have it other than here.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Also I seriously wish more people that wanted to do stuff with the huge ships just did the campaigns that came with them because standard list-built Epic games are just a way to make X-Wing not fun but the campaigns frequently have much more sensible points totals per side, fun gimmicks to mess with like persistent pilot death or the Rebels getting to hijack the Gozanti and take it for a joyride, and don't make you sit through three to four hours to play a single game.

Also I think its the dumbest thing the world that people play Epic Games and don't use the epic ships. Yeah they are not optimal but you're not playing an optimal game anymore in those point numbers.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlRmTKuEAG4

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Chill la Chill posted:

Normally these conversations happened in the GBS EU thread but that thread has since gone on to the goldmine so there's no real place to have it other than here.

Goddamn, I miss that thread.

Since they don't seem averse to named pilots on multiple ships, I wonder if FFG would ever put the Lady Luck into the game?

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

New Poe promos for the PS9 variant

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

guts and bolts posted:

Oscar Isaac is good and cool. Also im still loling that hes Apocalypse.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

guts and bolts posted:

New Poe promos for the PS9 variant

:swoon: :eyepop:

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Traditional Games › X-Wing: Oscar Isaac Appreciation Station

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Goddamn, I miss that thread.

Since they don't seem averse to named pilots on multiple ships, I wonder if FFG would ever put the Lady Luck into the game?

There's enough SW nerds on SA that a new EU laugh thread would probably be welcome.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Wedge would probably just eat them with his fingers and then wipe them on his flight suit, figuring no one would notice since its orange.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Wedge would probably just eat them with his fingers and then wipe them on his flight suit, figuring no one would notice since its orange.

Hot Cheetos must be why the Resistance flight suits are red instead. It all makes sense now

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

how bout some space Morrissey

this is the official wedge page now

If a ten ton TIE~
Smashes you and I~

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Man, after my entire FLGS disagreed with me about there being a new Falcon on the way, I feel vindicated. This is what I was waiting for to buy back in.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Man, after my entire FLGS disagreed with me about there being a new Falcon on the way, I feel vindicated. This is what I was waiting for to buy back in.

I will drop you a C3PO in the mail, Friendbesto.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

Thanks, dude. I wouldn't mind getting my original back, but it don't matter one bit.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I mean, anyone who didn't expect there to be at the very, very least, a Black One repaint and new Falcon cards if not a new model was delusional, there's no way FFG was gonna leave money on the table like that. My only annoyance is that this probably means that any theoretical Rebel Vets pack isn't going to see the light of day until after Wave 9 at the earliest because I doubt that FFG is going to put out two Rebel-oriented dual ship expacs in close proximity to one another.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

there's no way FFG was gonna leave money on the table like that.

It's like I keep saying, if they can sell you the Falcon once, they can sell it to you twice.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I'm fine with the E-Wing being a vestigial attachment to convey Coran Horn for a while longer if it means sweet, sweet Resistance goodness.

I'm way more excited to run Black One and Rey's crazy bootlegger turn Falcon than a dumb Legends continuity space F-35.

I ain't even a little mad about buying it twice.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Otisburg posted:

I'm fine with the E-Wing being a vestigial attachment to convey Coran Horn for a while longer if it means sweet, sweet Resistance goodness.

I'm way more excited to run Black One and Rey's crazy bootlegger turn Falcon than a dumb Legends continuity space F-35.

I ain't even a little mad about buying it twice.

I don't give a poo poo about the E-Wing either, and the only upgrade Corran Horn needs is one that adds him to the nearest trash can, but I can be annoyed that Imperial players get to watch the Defender go from a never-ran to "oh poo poo this is awesome" while the only T-65 that sees regular play outside of the weirdos in this thread is Biggs as a 26 point flak jacket for someone's VCX.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Kai Tave posted:

I mean, anyone who didn't expect there to be at the very, very least, a Black One repaint and new Falcon cards if not a new model was delusional, there's no way FFG was gonna leave money on the table like that. My only annoyance is that this probably means that any theoretical Rebel Vets pack isn't going to see the light of day until after Wave 9 at the earliest because I doubt that FFG is going to put out two Rebel-oriented dual ship expacs in close proximity to one another.

I was confident they would release a TFA Falcon/T-70 pack. I figured it would come with some sort of universal X-Wing upgrade that would make T-65s a little more competitive, but they just crammed two Integrated Astromechs, so I guess that's it?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Tacopocalypse posted:

I was confident they would release a TFA Falcon/T-70 pack. I figured it would come with some sort of universal X-Wing upgrade that would make T-65s a little more competitive, but they just crammed two Integrated Astromechs, so I guess that's it?

There are a few upgrades in the preview that can't really be made out too clearly so in theory there could still be stuff in there that goes great with T-65s. Something that looks like Snap Shot, Pr(oton) Thrusters(?), and Trick (something), who knows what those might be. Plus a new astromech, though it's another unique one rather than a generic. I mean I recall something someone, Alex Davies, said in an interview where they stated that Integrated Astromech wasn't actually intended to be the T-65 "fix," merely a useful upgrade, so who knows, maybe there's more stuff in this pack and I'm just prematurely jumping the gun.

I mean, I wouldn't say no to something that made the E-Wing more than "Corran Horn plus these guys nobody gives a poo poo about" and some new Y-Wing pilots as long as I'm buying lottery tickets. Idk, not trying to rain on anyone's parade, it's cool new stuff and all, just not what I was pulling for.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

I only play Empire, but I hear ya. At least there's Wave 9, and if not that there has to be some Rogue One tie-in that pushes a fix.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Otisburg posted:

AAAAAAH! Why do you awaken me without skin?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Tacopocalypse posted:

I only play Empire, but I hear ya. At least there's Wave 9, and if not that there has to be some Rogue One tie-in that pushes a fix.

That's what people are speculating, but by all accounts Rogue One isn't a movie about zoom-fwoosh starfighters shooting at each other, it's supposed to be more of a heist movie. What I'm saying is I think people conflating "Rogue" with "oh sweet it's gonna be a Rogue Squadron" movie might be in for some disappointment of their own there.

Not that I don't expect that if there's so much as an X-Wing in the background for five-twelfths of a second that FFG won't jump at the chance to make it the Hot New Expac of Q1 2017 or something.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Rogue One is pre A New Hope.

There's still hope for a Rogue Squadron movie that takes place between the OT movies. Especially if Rogue One does well and gets the "Rogue" name into the public eye.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Kilo147 posted:

AAAAAAH! Why do you awaken me without skin?

Singularity Engine!
System Upgrade, 5 points.
Action: Destroy all ships in the play area.

Far2D2
Astromech, 4 points
Once Per turn, when you perform a [Boost] or [evade] action, you may roll a green die. On an [evade] result, flip 1 face up damage card next to your ship face down, or recover one shield.

Chewing Gum
Illicit, 0 points
[the text box on the card is blank]

One of these I tried to make into some semblance of a real card.

Floppychop posted:

Rogue One is pre A New Hope.

There's still hope for a Rogue Squadron movie that takes place between the OT movies. Especially if Rogue One does well and gets the "Rogue" name into the public eye.

Maybe in the Star Wars universe the concept "rogue" is just crazy popular in the zeitgeist and used to brand all kinds of military units/operations/concepts, just like Americans call everything "Operation Freedom Eagle Justice" or whatever.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Kai Tave posted:

There are a few upgrades in the preview that can't really be made out too clearly so in theory there could still be stuff in there that goes great with T-65s. Something that looks like Snap Shot, Pr(oton) Thrusters(?), and Trick (something), who knows what those might be. Plus a new astromech, though it's another unique one rather than a generic. I mean I recall something someone, Alex Davies, said in an interview where they stated that Integrated Astromech wasn't actually intended to be the T-65 "fix," merely a useful upgrade, so who knows, maybe there's more stuff in this pack and I'm just prematurely jumping the gun.

I mean, I wouldn't say no to something that made the E-Wing more than "Corran Horn plus these guys nobody gives a poo poo about" and some new Y-Wing pilots as long as I'm buying lottery tickets. Idk, not trying to rain on anyone's parade, it's cool new stuff and all, just not what I was pulling for.

That wasn't what Davy said in the interview- he said that there were still some other things open for fixing the T-65.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Panzeh posted:

That wasn't what Davy said in the interview- he said that there were still some other things open for fixing the T-65.

I'm not really sure how that's different from what I said but okay, point stands that FFG doesn't view IA as "welp T-65's fixed, done."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Kai Tave posted:

I'm not really sure how that's different from what I said but okay, point stands that FFG doesn't view IA as "welp T-65's fixed, done."

I get kinda irked when people take that interview to mean that FFG said something else is coming. They said they wanted to wait and see what happened with IA.

• Locked thread