Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

Far too many. 5% perhaps.

People were too used to Padded Helmets not demanding a collateral, and didn't leave it in out of habit.

I certainly did for the couple of contracts I handed to ITL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

awesomecopter posted:

People were too used to Padded Helmets not demanding a collateral, and didn't leave it in out of habit.

I certainly did for the couple of contracts I handed to ITL.

Which was super dumb. Early on we would reject all contracts that lacked collateral but that just made people angry.

Notably space dad had a meltdown over evemails and swore never to use the service again for wasting his time when his contract was rejected for not having a collateral.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Zephyrine posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4hzuqv/itl_person_and_gsol_nerd_quits_tmc_goons_to_join/

Damnit Rhea I will never forgive you for this.

Steal the GSOL stuff if you want to make a stand and make isk but don't steal the line members things.

Well that's it guys, get out now while the getting is good and take anything that isn't nailed down, you're literally TEST on the run to Somalia now.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4hzuqv/itl_person_and_gsol_nerd_quits_tmc_goons_to_join/

Steal the GSOL stuff if you want to make a stand and make isk but don't steal the line members things.

i especially like how stealing couriers from your private jump freighter service the directorate isn't involved in proves how incompetent the directorate is :v:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

evilweasel posted:

i especially like how stealing couriers from your private jump freighter service the directorate isn't involved in proves how incompetent the directorate is :v:

He got into GSOL too so we both inherit this mess.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 5, 2016

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

He got into GSOL too so we both inherit this mess.

he didn't manage to steal anything from gsol though

in his post on reddit hes like "lol the dumb directorate didn't even notice i was stealing couriers" well no duh, it's not our shipping service

im not like blaming you for it, it's that the logic is crazypants

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

evilweasel posted:

he didn't manage to steal anything from gsol though

in his post on reddit hes like "lol the dumb directorate didn't even notice i was stealing couriers" well no duh, it's not our shipping service

im not like blaming you for it, it's that the logic is crazypants

Yes it's all dumb.

Scariest thing of all? He was nr 3 on the list of people I was considering to hand ITL over to.

Or well 4. Querns was nr 3.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

[–]ReganomicsLamborghinGoonswarm Federation 22 minutes ago
His character was only in goonwaffe to do gsol work. Most people use an alt, this guy decided to use his main thinking that made him a goon.

Some of Karmafleet dudes are a bit shady, including this guy charging for advices for POS or something I forgot.

I might be the odd ones out, but I don't get "we are having drunken roam fun with friends". Is it something I don't have access to that's making GSF a bad experience? I don't see many jumping ship before the War.

I have been having tons of sober fun with SV, such as Kendarr/Pitts, Asher's fleet was alright up until people got a habit of just blobbing him, boat's fleet is OK but has been lacking his usual charm lately.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I was tooling around on Sisi in C5 wormholes this morning and kept seeing Naglfar after Naglfar. I started chatting up one of the testers and he said that they figured out how to solo capital escalated C5 sites with Naglfars. They just have a couple buddies warp to the site to trigger the escalation and then they warp off while the Naglfar solos it. They can even blap the frigates all by themselves as long as they have a web fitted.

:stare:

Soooo yeah. C5 residents are about to get Rich. As. gently caress.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'll never understand why people nobody gives a poo poo about do AMAs.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

vyst posted:

hoping that someone finally gives a poo poo about them, obviously

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thank you for all the support, friends. :D

I appreciate it and I look forward to being able to log on tonight when I get home!

I am excited to see if some more skills have succeeded in completing! I cannot remember that awesome help post about the skills but I have been picking things like industry, mining upgrades, processing and cybernetics.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Siets posted:

I was tooling around on Sisi in C5 wormholes this morning and kept seeing Naglfar after Naglfar. I started chatting up one of the testers and he said that they figured out how to solo capital escalated C5 sites with Naglfars. They just have a couple buddies warp to the site to trigger the escalation and then they warp off while the Naglfar solos it. They can even blap the frigates all by themselves as long as they have a web fitted.

I thought they'd just nerfed capital escalations. I guess not hard enough!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isn't "Logistics people quitting & stealing stuff from the alliance/members on the way out" on the bingo card?

Or was that a different thing?

vyst posted:

Yeah that AMA you did was pretty bad. Nobody gives a poo poo about you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3v5ftl/hi_im_aryndel_vyst_goonswarm_director_and/?ref=search_posts

Also apparently I have the Overwatch beta as do a lot of nerds. We may be able to do some in-house games tonight/tomorrow if you're interested.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Siets posted:

About to?

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

vyst posted:

Are you going to do another one now that you dropped the mic?

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Zephyrine posted:

Notably space dad had a meltdown over evemails and swore never to use the service again for wasting his time when his contract was rejected for not having a collateral.

The only meltdown I remember was you. I had a nice conversation with the guy that rejected my contract where I civilly expressed my dissatisfaction that collateral should be required for a 60k skillbook.

You got involved and made it a big deal because you are an attention whore. I didn't decide to stop using ITL until you got involved.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siets posted:

Yeah, higher class WHs need more ways to print out ISK in relative safety compared to Nullsec.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Isn't "Logistics people quitting & stealing stuff from the alliance/members on the way out" on the bingo card?
I always read that as people who handle towers and stuff, not space trucking services

e: although I guess this guy was both so it works

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

Which was super dumb. Early on we would reject all contracts that lacked collateral but that just made people angry.

Do you mean the SA poster going by "Space Dad" or somebody completely different? I remember the SA user Space Dad having some meltdown on twitter about something that was posted about in one of the GBS/D&D threads.

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah, higher class WHs need more ways to print out ISK in relative safety compared to Nullsec.

No local no safety, don't you know.

They could lose their dread at any instant, like, every minute they spend outside of a post they lose a dread.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

vyst posted:

Because not everyone has an SA account. And people get a ton of questions about 'hey bro, why did you leave' and 'what happened here?'

And to that person, it's a 'big deal' because they're getting bombarded by people asking what's up. Easier to just link a thread, tell bads to read, and post more.

We used to do this on Kugu, talk about why we left or did something big. But RIP kugu. If we had a real alternative to reddit that isn't the shitlers on Scrapheap, then reddit wouldn't be the focus. And TMC is too biased to fill that role.

e: BTW, saw you left too, that is pretty big news too.

Bloodspike
Apr 29, 2016

Mandingueiro danado

Zephyrine posted:

There are no words and for the record it's you I feel the most bad towards about it.

The (now lost) trust warms my heart.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

awesomecopter posted:

You have no loving idea how bitter I am that Fozzie locked away command ships behind 2 months of bullshit leadership skills.

Command ships would be the perfect fleet doctrine ships if not for the fact that less than 10% of pilots can actually fly them, and most had the skill grandfathered in.

You mean, like this?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

Do you mean the SA poster going by "Space Dad" or somebody completely different? I remember the SA user Space Dad having some meltdown on twitter about something that was posted about in one of the GBS/D&D threads.

In game Thetan.

p7hk9 posted:

The only meltdown I remember was you. I had a nice conversation with the guy that rejected my contract where I civilly expressed my dissatisfaction that collateral should be required for a 60k skillbook.

You got involved and made it a big deal because you are an attention whore. I didn't decide to stop using ITL until you got involved.

As I recall not only did you proclaim to not use the service again due to this inconvenience. Since you were on an alt, you signed the evemail with the name of your main pilot.

You know, to let the staff member know that he was not just dealing with any regular ol-waffe mortal. But the god of lighting and thunder himself. Lest he not know his place in the grand scheme of things.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

My successes with my many contributions to eve online and goonswarm would disagree with you!

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Bloodspike posted:

There are no words and for the record it's you I feel the most bad towards about it.

The (now lost) trust warms my heart.

J4G. Get out.

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

vyst posted:

My successes with my many contributions to eve online and goonswarm would disagree with you!

Like Sir Humphrey Davy, your greatest legacy is your prodigy.

Unlike Michael Faraday, Blawrf is mainly known for being a furry.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

vyst posted:

i will miss joking that i don't know which of you is which

(and occasionally genuinely loving it up when im tired :v: )

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Zephyrine posted:

As I recall not only did you proclaim to not use the service again due to this inconvenience. Since you were on an alt, you signed the evemail with the name of your main pilot.

You know, to let the staff member know that he was not just dealing with any regular ol-waffe mortal. But the god of lighting and thunder himself. Lest he not know his place in the grand scheme of things.

So by letting him know it was me instead of hiding behind an alt I'm throwing my weight around? You make it sound like I said "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" when all I did was use my main so he could contact me there if he chose to. You know, instead of my Jita alt that I only use once a month to buy poo poo. Like I said, you are nothing more than an attention whore.

Good luck in PH. I hope they treat you like you deserve to be treated.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

evilweasel posted:

i will miss joking that i don't know which of you is which

(and occasionally genuinely loving it up when im tired :v: )

I won't. :colbert:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

p7hk9 posted:

So by letting him know it was me instead of hiding behind an alt I'm throwing my weight around? You make it sound like I said "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" when all I did was use my main so he could contact me there if he chose to. You know, instead of my Jita alt that I only use once a month to buy poo poo. Like I said, you are nothing more than an attention whore.

Good luck in PH. I hope they treat you like you deserve to be treated.

Found it!

Okay maybe meltdown is a bit strong. Still funny though considering how polite he was in the first place.

-Zephyrine

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
that dude stole less than ordo garr apparently lol

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hey angelique what was that shady poo poo the directors do that you never got around to mentioning

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

evilweasel posted:

It doesn't not mean the people at the top are incompetent either since its completely unrelated.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mpaarating posted:

It doesn't not mean the people at the top are incompetent either since its completely unrelated.

oh sure, doesn't prove we're not drooling idiots either

though that he didn't manage to steal any gsol stuff suggests at least those guys are on the ball even if the rest of us can barely put our pants on

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

You accomplished less than Deadtear though.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016
Why are people leaving GSF because whatever always making stupid posts on reddit?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

hey angelique what was that shady poo poo the directors do that you never got around to mentioning

Stalking Gorski on another forum, going over the RL pictures he posted there and comparing them to apparently other pictures they had on record to verify his identity and then trying to use his connection to that forum to try and accuse him of being a neo nazi. Despite the fact that nothing he posted there indicated it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

You accomplished less than Deadtear though.

Recon
Auth dept
Eve's biggest Loser (most proud of this one)
Mod

I mean it's not lovely youtube videos but I did alright.

• Locked thread