Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hubbl3 posted:

Why are people leaving GSF because whatever always making stupid posts on reddit?

because reddit will give anyone 15m of fame if they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

hey angelique what was that shady poo poo the directors do that you never got around to mentioning

Your posts.

vyst posted:

Recon
Auth dept
Eve's biggest Loser
Mod

I mean it's not lovely youtube videos but I did alright.

Excuse me its not just YouTube videos :colbert:

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Unfunny Poster posted:

You accomplished less than Deadtear though.

I consider deadtear to be one of the top 10 most influential people in my life.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Zephyrine posted:

Okay maybe meltdown is a bit strong. Still funny though considering how polite he was in the first place.

Yeah, you got me there. I'm a real prick and should be ashamed of myself.

For someone that didn't want to start any drama, you sure have a big stirring spoon in your hands. Tell me, is it hard to type while clutching so many pearls?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

mpaarating posted:

I consider deadtear to be one of the top 10 most influential people in my life.

Is that why you turned out to be such a garbage human being?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

Recon
Auth dept
Eve's biggest Loser (most proud of this one)
Mod

I mean it's not lovely youtube videos but I did alright.

who cares i did literally everything directors have ever had to do
i did it first and did it when it was all manual
gj
lasting like 6 months solo or whatever doesn't even count

#getatme

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

vyst is good people and did a lot of thankless stuff behind the scenes, most of the people who do a lot of good stuff would be unknown to random idiots outside the alliance

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I'm trying to imagine the r/eve post John Tucker and Jade Starr would have made after stealing the Epsilon POS.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Hubbl3 posted:

Why are people leaving GSF because whatever always making stupid posts on reddit?

GoNINzo posted:

Because not everyone has an SA account. And people get a ton of questions about 'hey bro, why did you leave' and 'what happened here?'

And to that person, it's a 'big deal' because they're getting bombarded by people asking what's up. Easier to just link a thread, tell bads to read, and post more.

We used to do this on Kugu, talk about why we left or did something big. But RIP kugu. If we had a real alternative to reddit that isn't the shitlers on Scrapheap, then reddit wouldn't be the focus. And TMC is too biased to fill that role.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

Stalking Gorski on another forum, going over the RL pictures he posted there and comparing them to apparently other pictures they had on record to verify his identity and then trying to use his connection to that forum to try and accuse him of being a neo nazi. Despite the fact that nothing he posted there indicated it.

so they didn't like, use private information they just...googled him?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

kismeteer your post wasn't worth posting once, let alone reposting because an entire page had passed

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

evilweasel posted:

kismeteer your post wasn't worth posting once, let alone reposting because an entire page had passed

Not my fault people don't read.

Do you know a forum that is worth posting/reading on beyond this one about eve?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:munch:

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

goninzo posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773671&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=62#post459536537 repasted here:

Because not everyone has an SA account. And people get a ton of questions about 'hey bro, why did you leave' and 'what happened here?'

And to that person, it's a 'big deal' because they're getting bombarded by people asking what's up. Easier to just link a thread, tell bads to read, and post more.

We used to do this on Kugu, talk about why we left or did something big. But RIP kugu. If we had a real alternative to reddit that isn't the shitlers on Scrapheap, then reddit wouldn't be the focus. And TMC is too biased to fill that role.

I'm not asking why they post on reddit, I ask why they make stupid posts on reddit. Like this person: Being proud of stealing member assets, who would ever trust this person ever again? Have fun being a F1 monkey for the rest of your life.

Amyclas
Mar 9, 2013

Hi Angelique.

Best of luck I guess.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

goninzo posted:

Not my fault people don't read.

Do you know a forum that is worth posting/reading on beyond this one about eve?

its your fault people don't read the poo poo that you dribble out

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

so they didn't like, use private information they just...googled him?

Sweet mother of god, the directorate googled Gorski.

In some ways it would be funnier if we just made this poo poo up. But we aren't, this is literally the straw men people are constructing for their convolutions they have to go through to convince themselves they aren't at fault for whatever bad emotions they are feeling inside.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Zephyrine posted:

Stalking Gorski on another forum, going over the RL pictures he posted there and comparing them to apparently other pictures they had on record to verify his identity and then trying to use his connection to that forum to try and accuse him of being a neo nazi. Despite the fact that nothing he posted there indicated it.

so what made you think that i somehow knew this

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

vyst posted:

Is that why you turned out to be such a garbage human being?

That and growing up from across a dump and having a low level of education. Aside from those I'm pretty nice though!

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

evilweasel posted:

vyst is good people and did a lot of thankless stuff behind the scenes, most of the people who do a lot of good stuff would be unknown to random idiots outside the alliance

The public readings resulting from auth related offenses were hilarious.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

evilweasel posted:

please dont sign your posts

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

its your fault people don't read the poo poo that you dribble out

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
today is a day for madposting, except whenever vg says some cute poo poo, deal with it

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

evilweasel posted:

I skipped straight to the last page, so I appreciated it. Next page should just be every one from this page quoting themselves incase someone missed it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ive been told People Want Goonfleet Back and I'm helping

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

this is the best thing ive read today

Bloodspike
Apr 29, 2016

Mandingueiro danado

evilweasel posted:

oh sure, doesn't prove we're not drooling idiots either

though that he didn't manage to steal any gsol stuff suggests at least those guys are on the ball even if the rest of us can barely put our pants on

I had actually stepped back from GSOL at about the same time I decided to leave. At one point, just for kicks, I did a tally of how much I could steal while in GSOL and I think it was ballpark 200b. While not crippling by any means, it would have been a bit of a dent. I was quoted 2T in assets evacced from Dek.
I don't think I could have been stopped too soon either, especially during said evac.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Bloodspike posted:

I had actually stepped back from GSOL at about the same time I decided to leave. At one point, just for kicks, I did a tally of how much I could steal while in GSOL and I think it was ballpark 200b. While not crippling by any means, it would have been a bit of a dent. I was quoted 2T in assets evacced from Dek.
I don't think I could have been stopped too soon either, especially during said evac.

ok, so why didnt you chickenshit

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Vyst did what any goon should aspire to, he generated like 300 dollars in avatar changes for the Lowtax Fund.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Bloodspike posted:

Pretty much the reason I did it when I was obviously on my way out.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Bloodspike posted:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=gorski+car+sweden&start=0

I'm mostly only finding stuff about a Swedish basketball player or stuff directly referring to Gorski Car the in-game character and his in-game activities.

Where on Google do I find the guys personal info that was publicly available via Googling his EVE name, proof of him being a neo-nazi etc.?

Blazing Zero posted:

this is the best thing ive read today

I know right?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Bloodspike posted:

no good way to secure assets during an evac though, the choice is not to trust people and have the stuff trapped or trust people and risk them stealing some (and fortunately kismeteer's temper tantrum reminded us to secure the stuff that had no need to be generally accessible). i think if you were stealing during the evac though you'd have been caught (at least, were you stealing from the evacced stuff) since we were looking at the assets moved and would notice if it dropped

and for gsol to work people doing it need access to stuff, in that case security isnt free since increased security causes higher workload, more burnout, more general friction, so generally speaking its set up so that yeah, a gsol guy goes rouge he can steal some stuff but it's better to have that happen every so often than have poo poo so locked down people burn out

either way though, just lawl at your "my thieving from the small corp of people that trusted me means that the gsf directorate is incompetent" i mean, at least we know who runs itl

Tally
May 26, 2011

Vyst made me less fat, he's a hero.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

In game Thetan.

As I recall not only did you proclaim to not use the service again due to this inconvenience. Since you were on an alt, you signed the evemail with the name of your main pilot.

You know, to let the staff member know that he was not just dealing with any regular ol-waffe mortal. But the god of lighting and thunder himself. Lest he not know his place in the grand scheme of things.

I never used itl because you always annoyed me, ama

Bloodspike
Apr 29, 2016

Mandingueiro danado

Altran posted:

[–]ReganomicsLamborghinGoonswarm Federation 22 minutes ago
His character was only in goonwaffe to do gsol work. Most people use an alt, this guy decided to use his main thinking that made him a goon.

Some of Karmafleet dudes are a bit shady, including this guy charging for advices for POS or something I forgot.

I only had my main in GSOL because it was my only jf capable pilot at the time. I actually couldn't even fly a jf when I started, but was close.

As for the pos thing, you're dumb. All advice I gave was free and there are quite a few people I helped with that.
I only got paid to setup farms. You know, the part non autistic people despise.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Unfunny Poster posted:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=gorski+car+sweden&start=0

I'm mostly only finding stuff about a Swedish basketball player or stuff directly referring to Gorski Car the in-game character and his in-game activities.

Where on Google do I find the guys proof of being a neo-nazi etc.?

I know right?

You don't. They found out because of me. Because I bumped into Gorski on a Swedish forum. I mentioned it on jabber because Gorski was kind of space famous and I thought it was cool. I had really *really* underestimated what kind of grudge the Alliance had against him.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Man and here we were just chilling on a gate with various blingy bullshit, talking poo poo and bumping each other in first person mode.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
While I'm bored at work and have some free time I'm kind of curious about something. I know if I asked on the GF.com forums I'd never get a real answer and I'm kind of curious if I can get a PL perspective here as well.

So one thing Mittani has said, both in the previous fireside chat and in a couple fleets he's talked to in Mumble (at least that I've been on) that we'd start having posted ops again. Now I know that isn't going to apply for everything because you don't want the other side knowing exactly what timers are going to be contested, but what about poo poo like EC- or 93P? I get one of the talking points is the enemy doesn't look at DOTLAN but I hope no one sincerely starts believing that because it's a bad idea to be hurfing your own farts and that's what it comes off as when I log in one day and see 93P has flipped with no mention of it anywhere.

I can even respect that we may not form up for it all, but at least throw a notice that "Here is an op because PL is trying to flip 93P so we'll form up at this time to see what we've got and what they're going to bring. Probably going to stand down and laugh at them for forming a huge force in response, which we'll blue ball, to this notice and then take it back once they get tired and gently caress off a few months down the road." Everyone wins, you get the line members involved in the game without deceiving them up front, you get the chance to possible ninja defend it if the MBC decides it's a joke and ignores it, and you're not coming off as lying and/or incompetent on your campaign promises. Instead we get the exact opposite. And then yesterday I see one of the caps ping only to find out it's because of EC- flipping and the exact same scenario is going on.

Compared to the ridiculous justification for the ITL theft today, poo poo like this is what makes me actually question the leadership and want to leave to pastures which are probably just as lovely but least a different kind of lovely. All the little crap like this just really starts to pile up and feels like something is legitimately on fire higher up the GSF food chain.

P.S.
And while I'm venting, according to the last couple months of stats we've got a lot of people in the FC club, and to be fair I see a fair variety of names leading the standing fleets but only the same consistent 8-10 or so leading fleets out. And also to be fair, it isn't like those 8-10 aren't doing amazing work with a lot of fleets going on a regular basis. Maybe I don't see a good chunk of it because I'm only in one SIG and there are several out there which are FCs just for specific squads, but it just appears like there is a massive amount of bloat in the FC list compared to how many people lead fleets. And I know I'm just being a bit of a hypocrite here because I've got neither the patience, temperament, nor interest to be an FC. But at the end of the day, with so many people leaving, it just starts looking like we've one or two critical people bailing or burning out from a serious crisis. I'm also pretty sure I'm in the minority of people who either notice or have manufactured this crazy scenario in their heads but, for me at least, it just further adds to the pile noted above.

nessin fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Where on Google do I find the guys personal info that was publicly available via Googling his EVE name, proof of him being a neo-nazi etc.?

I know right?

I found this https://twitter.com/csmleaqs

And then when he ran for CSM 9, he gave his real name to CCP, which was then published. Googling that does lead you to other things.

• Locked thread