Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
lmao kvyat

https://twitter.com/JensonButton/status/728134163606339584

Our Jense please

https://twitter.com/tedkravitz/status/728136336356450309

Annnnd there it is.

keevo fucked around with this message at 10:32 on May 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Max vershitfuckstan has had way more bone headed moves then kyvat. My prediction is he does nothing and we forget about him in a couple years.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
he'll do something dumb next race and the world will say 'doesn't that mean hes fired? you set the precedent with kyvat' and them he'll do nothing and we'll forget about him

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The nicknames in this thread are getting increasingly tenuous. I like it.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Dubs posted:

he'll do something dumb next race and the world will say 'doesn't that mean hes fired? you set the precedent with kyvat' and them he'll do nothing and we'll forget about him

GET OUTA MY THREAD CHARLES

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Thanks Ants posted:

The nicknames in this thread are getting increasingly tenuous. I like it.

I actually did the nickname thing because I don't know how to spell his last name tbh.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

So does Kvyat drive for Toro Rosso now? I hope he wrecks Verstappen out in Spain.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wow I knew Red Bull were pieces of poo poo but I didn't think they would go this loving far.

I look forward to seeing shitcrappen binning it in turn one, taking out both Ferraris and then crying that he was brake checked by the dead ghost of Schumacher while Marko smiles and nods.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

red bull desperately need to die, at least sell off toro rosso so they have less influence over the sport. ffs they are the worst.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
This and all the English media losing their poo poo after Spa last year are loving AIDS.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
gotta say I agree with my friend Vlad here

https://twitter.com/theRealVIF1/status/728134083520290817

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Wow, Helmet Marko is one cold motherfucker.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

verstappen is 100% going to flame out at red bull. in three years he'll be throwing tantrums on the radio for ganassi. book it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Ganassi? Why not Venturi? The future of motor[less] sport

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Haha someone had the idea of Spanish GP Press Conference with Are Dan, Sainz, Max, Kvyat & Seb. Questions asked by Webber.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i would stake my entire non-existent reputation on formula e being little more than a tech demo for electric car technology that will eventually take over other, more important racing series. i give it five more years of existence at most.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Electric touring cars would be interesting.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Formula E is neat but yeah it really illustrates just how limited the electric technology is at the moment.

What they should've done is just say "you can do anything that was banned in F1 over the past 40 years" just to get the development ball rolling. Nobody in the current F-e field is going to come up with the next breakthrough in battery/electric car technology.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

One problem that has gotten brought up a few times is that if you grew up in the Red Bull system, you probably don't have very many contacts outside of that system.

His career is done, probably.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

His career is done, probably.

Sebastian Vettel "probably" won't win the championship this year.

Congrats to 2017 Formula E driver Daniel Kvyat!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
RedBull are loving cunts, thats a real low brow move to make.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Sebastian Vettel "probably" won't win the championship this year.

Congrats to 2017 Formula E driver Daniel Kvyat!

Ye of little faith.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Holy poo poo I didn't think redbull would do it for real, at least this soon.

One bad day at redbull and you lose your seat. Jfc

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Ye of little faith.

Vettel just doesn't have the ability to be able to take the fight to F1 great Nico Rosberg.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Vettel just doesn't have the ability to be able to take the fight to F1 great Nico Rosberg.

Not even three time WDC Lewis HAMILTON can take him down.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

I know hitting Seb is the big story, but I have to believe screwing up Are Dan's race twice in a row (and being cocky about it) might matter a bit more to Team Sugarwater.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I love F1. This is incredible.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
It's abrubt, but I think it's more about trying to retain Max long-term.

Kyvat is a fine racer, but so are Sainz and Ricciardo. Marketing-wise he's also probably the least marketable dude. If RBR can keep Max, he would be replacing Kyvat next year anyway.

https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/features/2016/5/f1-russia-onboard-videos-unseen-best.html

If people haven't seen it, formula1.com has some good onboard footage that wasn't on the race feed. Gutierrez's shunt was probably the worst. He managed to rearend Perez(?) while everyone was tiptoeing into T2. He must have been looking in his mirrors and got caught out because they were coasting into the corner.

simble
May 11, 2004

Looking forward to Verstappen's next radio melt down.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

1500quidporsche posted:

Formula E is neat but yeah it really illustrates just how limited the electric technology is at the moment.

What they should've done is just say "you can do anything that was banned in F1 over the past 40 years" just to get the development ball rolling. Nobody in the current F-e field is going to come up with the next breakthrough in battery/electric car technology.

Getting around having to switch cars mid-race should be their #1 priority right now because that just plays into every lazy Jeremy Clarkson-grade burn about the limitations of electric power.

It can't be impossible (in my imagination anyway) to have some method to switch the battery rack out just like you'd change a tyre in a pitstop and that would make for a much better race feature than literally retiring the vehicle you started with and jumping into a spare.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

dreesemonkey posted:

It's abrubt, but I think it's more about trying to retain Max long-term.

Kyvat is a fine racer, but so are Sainz and Ricciardo. Marketing-wise he's also probably the least marketable dude. If RBR can keep Max, he would be replacing Kyvat next year anyway.

https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/features/2016/5/f1-russia-onboard-videos-unseen-best.html

If people haven't seen it, formula1.com has some good onboard footage that wasn't on the race feed. Gutierrez's shunt was probably the worst. He managed to rearend Perez(?) while everyone was tiptoeing into T2. He must have been looking in his mirrors and got caught out because they were coasting into the corner.

Alonso owns

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Helicon One posted:

Getting around having to switch cars mid-race should be their #1 priority right now because that just plays into every lazy Jeremy Clarkson-grade burn about the limitations of electric power.

It can't be impossible (in my imagination anyway) to have some method to switch the battery rack out just like you'd change a tyre in a pitstop and that would make for a much better race feature than literally retiring the vehicle you started with and jumping into a spare.

It'd be super easy to have some sort of crazy machine that grabs a rack of batteries out of the back of the car then drops new ones in and they could say "look it's just like refueling guys!"

Instead we have two cars and they're running around on street tires.

I honestly think they should unban poo poo like ground effects and active suspension. Neither of those things would work with the current cars but it's painfully obvious that they're trying to adapt 40 years of rules for petrol engine open wheel cars when they should be going for a clean sheet design and letting people tinker around.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

simble posted:

Looking forward to Verstappen's next radio melt down.

I look forward to Dan kicking his rear end each race.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

be nice wicka posted:

i would stake my entire non-existent reputation on formula e being little more than a tech demo for electric car technology that will eventually take over other, more important racing series. i give it five more years of existence at most.

The power unit is primarily McLaren and the batteries are Williams, so I'd imagine eventually some of it will actually trickle up to F1 (assuming they stick with the hybrids for a while).

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh loving hell it's getting even worse.

Helmut "the oval office" Marko posted:

"We wanted to take him out of the firing line and help his career instead of harming it.

"Kvyat has seen both halves. I do not see this as a demotion. The Toro Rosso is at a very good level this year."

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/marko-says-kvyat-moved-out-of-firing-line-733669/

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I don't think oval office is a strong enough word to describe Helmut.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Even in Red Bull's first season they dicked Liuzzi and Klien about. This is nothing new at all, the very soul of the team is being the biggest bellends at all times

simble
May 11, 2004

Norns posted:

I look forward to Dan kicking his rear end each race.

No! I'll never let Dan pass!!! :cry: My dad...!!!

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Kvyat is a wholly forgettable driver anyway so really who cares. The drama it creates though is so good it has to be fattening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I just want to say I really love this season.

• Locked thread