Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Stairmaster posted:

the ones who really need the kaioken are the Filipino animators

I think Tien's multiplying technique would be better in that case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I go kaioken sometimes at work

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Manatee Cannon posted:

kaioken wouldn't help yamcha anyway; 20x nothing is still nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRErOvknMVg

20x stronger than cell is 20x stronger than cell.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
oh yeah those dudes were totally not jobbing to yamcha to make him feel good, you know as they very slowly flew at him with their fists out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wasn't that poo poo added solely because they needed to have more episodes in between the Kid Buu poo poo and the actual manga you never saw Yamcha or the group again after Buu blew up the planet until they were revived

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Basically. And Buu never showed up in the afterli- I mean Otherworld to kill dead people.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Baal posted:

Wasn't that poo poo added solely because they needed to have more episodes in between the Kid Buu poo poo and the actual manga you never saw Yamcha or the group again after Buu blew up the planet until they were revived

Yup, but it happened on screen so its canon :colbert:

Filler "otherworld" poo poo is also how we know that Yamcha is stronger than the Ginyu Force. Yes that is correct, Yamcha is powerful enough to easily destroy the Earth (if he wanted to):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Oj1Mv5aVY

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Baal posted:

So was Revival of F.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So was Revival of F.

I will gladly agree Revival of F is rear end if that is the idiotic point you're trying to make

Rutibex posted:

Filler "otherworld" poo poo is also how we know that Yamcha is stronger than the Ginyu Force. Yes that is correct, Yamcha is powerful enough to easily destroy the Earth (if he wanted to):

That filler was the most wasted potential ever

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

It always seemed retarded to me how, after whole 3 days of training, they went from being chumped by Nappa to defeating Freeza's elite force. I guess Goku was just slacking off during his half year stay.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

mmkay posted:

It always seemed retarded to me how, after whole 3 days of training, they went from being chumped by Nappa to defeating Freeza's elite force. I guess Goku was just slacking off during his half year stay.

He was only there for like 80 days. He wasted most of that year running the way. And Goku was weaker than them then. Goku had bigger gains during his 6 days in a spaceship.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

thinking about the chronology of Namek makes my head hurt. how long were they there before the planet blew up? like a month, max, right?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Carlosologist posted:

thinking about the chronology of Namek makes my head hurt. how long were they there before the planet blew up? like a month, max, right?

Like a week. They got there, hid in a cave, then stuff happened until Goku landed 6 days later.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

According to the timeline on the Wikia, Bulma, Krillin, Gohan, and Vegeta all hit Namek on December 18, 762. Goku shows up on the 24th, and Namek blows up Christmas morning. So a week.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
How much of that was the "5 minutes" it took for Namak to explode?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Rudoku posted:

He was only there for like 80 days. He wasted most of that year running the way. And Goku was weaker than them then. Goku had bigger gains during his 6 days in a spaceship.

Nah, it takes him 6 months to get to Kai.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Rhonne posted:

10 of the 71 episodes in the Namek/Ginyu/Frieza saga are inside the 5 minute counter, if I'm reading the episode guide right.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rhonne posted:

5 minutes. Obviously

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Rhonne posted:

5 mins in the manga, multiple years in the anime.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

In the original Japanese airing, the timer started on July 3, 1991, and Namek exploded five minutes later on September 4, 1991.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

now I want to interpret the battle between Goku and Frieza as Die Hard

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Carlosologist posted:

now I want to interpret the battle between Goku and Frieza as Die Hard

Come down to Namek, have a few laughs...

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Baal posted:

NOPE, because the manga was already over by the time super buu absorbed vegito.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So they had hose extra eps for zero reason

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Baal posted:

So they had hose extra eps for zero reason

they probably had broadcast slots to fill.

Atleast we got that ep of ssj2 goku vs buu.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Stairmaster posted:

They had to get GT just right.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Rutibex posted:

is guldo seriously just chasing that little clown freak and shooting lasers from his eyes? why doesn't he use his overpowered timestop bs?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Condiv posted:

is guldo seriously just chasing that little clown freak and shooting lasers from his eyes? why doesn't he use his overpowered timestop bs?

He can't hold his breath because he is a ghost and doesn't breathe.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

He can't hold his breath because he is a ghost and doesn't breathe.

Clearly you've never encountered a double-dead ghost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ir8yNfIZew

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 6, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

Didn't Toriyama announce that Dragon Ball was ending like a week before the final chapter?

So basically, very few people knew it was over in any fair time in advance.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Didn't Toriyama announce that Dragon Ball was ending like a week before the final chapter?

So basically, very few people knew it was over in any fair time in advance.
Yeah IIRC in the original printing of chapter 519 he announced there would be a "special surprise" the next week, and then 520 was printed and revealed to be the final chapter.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Condiv posted:

when king kai requested that the ginyu force come to his planet he obviously had king enma weaken them down to chump level.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

gently caress the haters. Ghost crew on Kai's planet chumping Team Ginyu was the best.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Raxivace posted:

Yeah IIRC in the original printing of chapter 519 he announced there would be a "special surprise" the next week, and then 520 was printed and revealed to be the final chapter.

that must have caused some amazing reactions on japanese usenet

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

-Fish- posted:

gently caress the haters. Ghost crew on Kai's planet chumping Team Ginyu was the best.

Yeah but to what end? Oh man, Tien, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu sure are a lot stronger now! I can't wait to see what adventures they have now that oh wait never mind let's literally shelve them forever.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Id advise you dorks to stop watching that ugly cartoon and instead read the Dragon Ball manga again, one of the best shonen manga of all time.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

that must have caused some amazing reactions on japanese usenet
I know, right?

Speaking of that, I'd be really curious to know what Japanese fans were thinking back in the 80's, particularly before the Raditz stuff started. What did people think of Goku transforming into a Great Ape for the first time? Like it's almost kind of hard to imagine a context where we're reading or watching Dragon Ball and not thinking of Goku as a Saiyan. Did people think that maybe Goku was some kind of demon monster or something?

How did these people first react to finding out Goku (And Piccolo!) were aliens? When Trunks first came on the scene, did everyone buy his story? Maybe some people thought he was lying about being from the future.

I'd really love to know what schoolyard rumors and thoughts and all of that were at the time.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
"Dude did you see the latest issue, Goku and Piccolo were aliens all along! I knew it!"
"What the gently caress man Toriyama totally jumped the shark on this one"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

HGH posted:

"I know, right? Anyway, you see the latest episode of Doreamon? poo poo was loving tight, yo!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

HGH posted:

"Dude did you see the latest issue, Goku and Piccolo were aliens all along! I knew it!"

Covok posted:

"I know, right? Anyway, you see the latest episode of Doreamon? poo poo was loving tight, yo!"

hahahahaa good poo poo

• Locked thread