Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
I thought that the gsf smear campaign against gorski at the time of the summit, the "CSM Leaks" account that tried to make it look like Gorski leaked stuff instead of just trolling non-stop (the convos leaked by nanamai or whatever the illum ship-fitting guy is) and the attempt to paint him as a neo-nazi (basically everyone in Sweden posts on that forum, including a few people who are neo-nazis because Sweden has a right-wing problem right now) were all public knowledge? I mean something like seven of the first ten followers of the csm leaks account, within minutes of it starting posting, were illum or tmc staff. I didn't realise that they were using his pictures to try and get more out of game stuff on him but that's hardly a big leap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

so they didn't like, use private information they just...googled him?

Googling "Gorski Car" counts as doxxing in the mind of the dumb redditor

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

that rear end though

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

gently caress that, if you think there's actual poo poo worth stopping and you're unwilling to air it yourself loving come to me and if it's actually a problem, and not "i ran into this dickhead on a forum and people repeated what i found", I'll go to bat and take the hit for whatever I don't give a poo poo

Was... Was that it? I was expecting worse cause of the coyness, oh well.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
things that are doxxing: finding out a person's real life name, employment, address, marital status, etc

things that are not doxxing: finding out somebody uses the same screen name on reddit and stormfront

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

goninzo posted:

Always help newbies, man. I always enjoyed that. I was sad to see Anela Cistine go too. Glad I made a positive impact on your space life.

I hadn't done any pvp in years until last night, and it amazed me all the stuff that I ended up remembering from your classes in like, 2011.

I'd spent the last 3 days sitting in station convinced that I had forgotten everything and had to start over. Actually I was so convinced I wouldn't be able to keep up that I passed on all the goon groups out there and joined RvB instead. But then I got out there and started healing people and it was like, oh yeah align out this way, and watchlist this bait person, and it turns out I remember a lot.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Oh boy time for GSF to define what is and isnt doxxing

:allears:

Amyclas
Mar 9, 2013

Goatman Sacks posted:

things that are doxxing: finding out a person's real life name, employment, address, marital status, etc

things that are not doxxing: finding out somebody uses the same screen name on reddit and stormfront

That information is just out there... on the internets. How is this a problem?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Despera posted:

Oh boy time for GSF to define what is and isnt doxxing

:allears:

https://www.google.com/#q=Despera

pls post to reddit for upvotes proof of evil goonsies doxxing

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

dirk action already got it

hi reddit suck my dilz

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xachariah posted:

Was... Was that it? I was expecting worse cause of the coyness, oh well.

she posted it, and it boils down to that yes

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Orange Red Bull posted:

hi reddit suck my dilz

lol what a crazybrained retard GOTTA GET THAT KARMA

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

evilweasel posted:

If it's an accusation worth making, then it's an accusation worth making rather than vaguely alluding to unspecified crimes by unspecified people. If you don't want to stand behind the accusation, then don't make it. People are annoyed precisely because of what you're saying here: that reddit would fill in your accusation with whatever nonsense they currently believe. So you get all the fun of slinging mud, but none of the possibility of people calling you on it if it's not correct.

Accusation is not the right descriptor. Issue is probably more like it. Her exit post said the her issue was too much "baggage" being taken on unnecessarily, and specifically that she was unhappy about in game matters being pursued out of game.

She has identified what the issue was, with specificity. Something she casually mentioned about Gorski was taken up as a piece of intelligence and researched, and used to make dubious allegations against him.

GSF leadership has cleaned up its act about dumping personal information, but it still hoovers it up for internal purposes. When she saw this in action, she was uncomfortable, feeling that she set in motion something she is not okay with. To avoid this happening again, she left.

My two bits is: she has been many leagues beyond reasonable in how she left (it's still okay to put her on a blacklist, but the idea she was slamming GSF leadership is silly).

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Orange Red Bull posted:

hi reddit suck my dilz

hey dude

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
all the people acting like vyst leaving was random and unexpected literally did not know him in the slightest or ever talk to him

WOW IT'S SO UNEXPECTED AND SAD :(

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

lol what a crazybrained retard GOTTA GET THAT KARMA

yeah dude lol

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
But who's going to run reimbursement now?!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Goatman Sacks posted:

https://www.google.com/#q=Despera

Reddits plenty of fun to read as it is

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
must be a slow day if we got 3 poo poo tier reddit shills back at once

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
its sad that the only one that's smart enough to be insulted is dragonstalking

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

That hurts coming from a guy who literally lives in a thread and does nothing but madpost

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maneck posted:

Accusation is not the right descriptor. Issue is probably more like it. Her exit post said the her issue was too much "baggage" being taken on unnecessarily, and specifically that she was unhappy about in game matters being pursued out of game.

She has identified what the issue was, with specificity. Something she casually mentioned about Gorski was taken up as a piece of intelligence and researched, and used to make dubious allegations against him.

GSF leadership has cleaned up its act about dumping personal information, but it still hoovers it up for internal purposes. When she saw this in action, she was uncomfortable, feeling that she set in motion something she is not okay with. To avoid this happening again, she left.

My two bits is: she has been many leagues beyond reasonable in how she left (it's still okay to put her on a blacklist, but the idea she was slamming GSF leadership is silly).

:same:

I did the same thing when I left TMC on my 2nd round there. Had a problem with the behavior of some people that ultimately I didn't want to be associated with so I peaced out. The audacity of me to do such a thing marked me as a "supporter of an internet hate mob" or something equally stupid sounding.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 5, 2016

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

you ARE an authority on shilling i'll give you that

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Deadtear used to also post in the Dota thread (both Pro & general chat) but I think he was intimidated by Wangsbig's big wang and stopped posting there as of late.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

Deadtear used to also post in the Dota thread (both Pro & general chat) but I think he was intimidated by Wangsbig's big wang and stopped posting there as of late.

bitch please

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

the only good thread from april to sept is the game of thrones thread anyways :colbert:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
im not posting in byob willingly

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

woah woah woah woah woah

no need for doxxing just because you don't like the guy, why are you bringing his personal information of posting in another thread on this forum into a video game discussion?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Unfunny Poster posted:

:same:

I did the same thing when I left TMC on my 2nd round there. Had a problem with the behavior of some people that ultimately I didn't want to be associated with so I peaced out. The audacity of me to do such a thing marked me as a "supporter of an internet hate mob" or something equally stupid sounding.

I left tmc because it was boring and didn't pay well enough to be worth doing boring things.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Orange Red Bull posted:

Hey guys i bumped into a current csm member over on this oddball niche forum saying or posting bizarre things that might possibly be construed as being pro-nazi or white supremicist but dont ever go look because that would be wierd or doxxing :psyduck:

I wanna see all wierd poo poo about everybody anywhere, its human nature why do you think The Enquirer is still in business.

Consider her position rather than yours. Something she said was worked up and turned into a (stupid) smear of someone as a white supremacist. I'd be uncomfortable with that. I guess you wouldn't.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Orange Red Bull posted:

the only good thread from april to sept is the game of thrones thread anyways :colbert:

you mean the shitshow that hbo has turned it into?

ok

it was already a shitshow and grrm is a slovenly piece of poo poo who needs to stop touring and get back to his goddamn money making holy poo poo

dabigredboat
Aug 9, 2008
Oh man this thread just got active lately. Seeing zephrine get all up in arms about what directors did makes me kind of laugh. She is the same person that demanded strategic logistics go through her and only her because she said so. But hey, not getting any love from a drama thread on gsf or reddit, go post on SA maybe that will work.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
d name d name d name d name

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

dabigredboat posted:

Oh man this thread just got active lately. Seeing zephrine get all up in arms about what directors did makes me kind of laugh. She is the same person that demanded strategic logistics go through her and only her because she said so. But hey, not getting any love from a drama thread on gsf or reddit, go post on SA maybe that will work.

to be fair it was more she told gsol that we require gsol to always use the lowest bidder instead of whoever they feel is best

you can imagine my surprise when told that i'd implemented such a policy

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I promised boney I would bring angelique and the blacklist up every day for this thread

So like why was angelique blacklisted for a reason?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

dabigredboat posted:

There have been 36 posts made by dabigredboat, an average of 0.01 posts per day, since registering on Aug 9, 2008

friend boat, please post more :)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Haquer posted:

There have been 36 posts made by dabigredboat, an average of 0.01 posts per day, since registering on Aug 9, 2008

friend boat, please post more :)

why are you being mean to me here ender

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

dabigredboat posted:

Hey d-boat there is a slight difference between ingame disagreements and out-of-game smear campaigns.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You know I'm right too :smuggo:

Also can you get your shittier imposters to actually try and up their game in this thread? They're really bad and make Evilweasel's arguments look not retarded.

Skyl3lazer posted:

I left tmc because it was boring and didn't pay well enough to be worth doing boring things.

I liked the part where I was first told the weekly meetings were optional, so I skipped them since sitting on a Skype call for an hour listening to Porkbutte and Sion talk is pretty terrible. Only to then get bitched at for not attending the weekly meetings which were, you know, said to be optional.

dabigredboat posted:

D-name posters should learn to shut the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

why are you being mean to me here ender

I take it back

• Locked thread